Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
All those wonderful title suggestions and we get a meme. :commissar:

Old Gods is out. A few CTD errors but it's still awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
CK2 has brought in a new group of "casual" players that don't know the meaning of complexity. :smuggo:

The next CK2 patch should bring back obtuse UI, VIIs resource system, and HoIs time system & research tree for ultimate incomprehensibility.

E: And supply lines.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 21, 2013

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

brocretin posted:

I just got all the music DLC for 3bux, can someone remind me what the hack to make all the music play as anyone is?

Open CK2/dlc/dlcxx.zip with winRAR or similiar (no need to unpack). Move to music\xx_music_pack.txt and open the file and delete the lines: (Russian Music Pack as example)

code:
song = {
	name = "alexandernevskyridestobattle.ogg"

chance = {
		factor = 2 <- Delete this line
		modifier = {
			factor = 0 <- Change this to 1
Delete this ->		NOT = {	culture_group = east_slavic }
			NOT = {	culture = bulgarian }
			NOT = {	culture = alan }  <- To here
		}		
	}
}
This is the only way I know of

E: Cleaned it up and fixed the code :v:
v: And I've been doing it the hard way. Wonderful. Thanks for this.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 21, 2013

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
This game sometimes :eng99:

Base 8 diplomacy before any modifiers from events/etc.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Jastiger posted:

I have a 100% plot to kill him..how do I make it happen?

Now you just have to wait. Eventually you should get an event mentioning that the attempt is being made. The flavour text for succeeding/failing is particularly good for the assassination events.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Check to make sure they have the Trade Practices tech up to two, at least. If you go to the Archon's page you can see the Houses as vassals under him, to make sure they actually exist.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
There isn't anything wrong with it, though when playing CK2+ as a Republic you should think about sticking them in places you want to conquer. Sicily especially is perfect for covering the duchy in trade posts for the casus belli.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Geokinesis posted:

Not playing CK2+ so is this still relevant?

Not entirely sure if vanilla Republics still have the automatic casus belli for coastal provinces or not, actually!

If they work the same as in CK2+ then having a port inside another county gives you the ability to take the county.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Lejre is indeed in Sjaelland. Maere is in Naumadal.

If you ever need to look something up quickly just pop open landed_titles.txt and search the name. :ssh:

v: Doesn't help that the title finder freaks out with some titles and won't find them.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 9, 2013

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Dezztroy posted:

Are you supposed to lose your ability to raid when you reform the Norse faith? Or is that just a bug in the current CK2+?

Feature. It is to help balance out the Norse.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
The most fun I've had is by trying to ignore metagaming as much as possible. Your character is now a cruel barbarian lunatic? Imprison/Execute everyone who gives you the slightest bit of a reason. It may make everyone hate you, but that only makes it more fun!

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
I see your mention of a Son as Pope and raise with a Pope's Daughter as Pope.

Her father was a Pope so she became Pope at the same time that another Pope was elected. Leading to Popes ruling Popes.

It's such a weird bug that has been in since release. (Never remove it)

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
You can change the capital from one type to another, like Castle to City.

Can't swap same type, though.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

mackintosh posted:

An unfaithful second wife, whom I'd just married the year prior and made Empress of a vast empire bares a child to a lowly duke. So what does an Emperor do? Why, naturally, imprisons and executes the duke, assassinates the infant and then divorces the wife so that she may live out the rest of her life alone, contemplating her betrayal. Well, maybe, who knows what the heir might do to her once he ascends the throne. Jesus Christ. This game. I need to stop playing it.

This game made me go to war just to imprison/execute another King because he went insane and murdered my character's daughter who was his wife.

The more you play the less the numbers matter. SEND HELP

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Stop raising your children to be Zealous, then :colbert: (No idea if this actually affects it)

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Sperm in CK2 is magical and will teleport instantly to anywhere in the world. Except through the walls of prison.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Seoinin posted:

Hey I dunno if this is a common problem but the ruler of Makuria in the 867 start is consistently being generated as Duchess Zacharias III, despite being a dude.

Loaded up my game and he appeared as a Duke just fine in 867. My current full game had a King rename himself to Queen (of Bulgaria) while Possessed, but I have never found an event that may cause it. :shrug:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

I made one of my kinsmen into a Dodge but, he hasn't built any trade posts. Is there something I'm supposed to do to get him started?

Cars aren't very good at building things :v:

Make sure the capital county the doge is in has at least one rank in Trade Practice tech.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
There should be two other options, but one is definitely Learning based.

The best event is when you misplace the relic as an imbecile :downs:

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Apr 22, 2014

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
You get 75% less income from wrong holding types.

E:^:argh:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Train all of your daughters as spymasters and marry them off to ambitious young claimants to various Karling thrones. The amount of "unusual circumstances" deaths should increase dramatically, causing quite a bit of unrest.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Pellisworth posted:

Speaking of mods, any good ones updated and stable for RoI? I'd love something mostly focused on adding more plots, ambitions, RP, flavor stuff. CK2+ isn't updated yet I don't think?

The Historical Immersion Project mod (Here) is working with RoI. It's pretty decent, all considered, especially the events.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Thrasophius posted:

Is Judaism considered a branch of Christianity in game? I'm wondering if I'd be able to vassalise the Pope as a Jew.

Judaism is in the Jewish group, so you're considered an infidel.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

What happens if you're at count level and declare war for someone else's province? Does it get added to your holdings or to your liege's?

You keep all holdings you declare for, both inside and outside the realm. Do note that the king/duke/etc. won't help you fight your war, though.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Does anyone know how I can adjust the Ruler Designer so that I don't have to pay for traits with age? There is a mod on the Paradox forums but it is out of date. I also tried going directly to the defines.lua to adjust it, but when I changed the costs in that file the game wouldn't start anymore so I had to reinstall everything.

CK2->Common->Defines.lua

At the very bottom replace NRulerDesigner completely with this.
code:
NRulerDesigner =
{
	BASE_ATTRIB = 5,
	BASE_AGE = 16,
	BASE_FERTILITY = 0.5,
	BASE_HEALTH = 5.0,
	COST_ATTRIB = 0,
	COST_SON = 0,
	COST_DAUGHTER = 0,
	COST_MARRIED = 0,
	COST_FERTILITY = 0,
	COST_HEALTH = 0,
	COST_MONTHLY_PRESTIGE = 0,
	COST_MONTHLY_PIETY = 0,
	COST_MONTHLY_WEALTH = 0,
	COST_GLOBAL_TAX = 0,
	COST_CHURCH_OPINION = 0,
	COST_SPOUCE_OPINION = 0,
	COST_SEXAPPEAL_OPINION = 0,
	COST_DYNASTY_OPINION = 0,
	COST_VASSAL_OPINION = 0,
	COST_LIEGE_OPINION = 0,
	COST_INFIDEL_OPINION = 0,
	COST_OPPOSITE_TRAIT_OPINION = 0,
	COST_SAME_TRAIT_OPINION = 0,
	COST_SAME_RELIGION_OPINION = 0,
	COST_AMBITION_OPINION = 0,
	COST_GENERAL_OPINION = 0,
	COST_MUSLIM_OPINION = 0,
	COST_JEWISH_OPINION = 0,
	COST_CHRISTIAN_OPINION = 0,
    	COST_ZOROASTRIAN_OPINION = 0,
	COST_MORALE_OFFENCE = 0,
	COST_MORALE_DEFENCE = 0,
	COST_DEFENCE = 0,
	MAX_AGE = 50
}

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Giving a vassal Holy Order a good Kingdom in the Middle East is also an incredibly easy way to passively increase your holdings there.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Robindaybird posted:

could someone summarize this? I've tried to update my forum account and it kept borking

Guy who took over CK2+ has given up along with the rest of the people he was working with.

It's dead, and can't say it's a bad thing. It was getting terribly bloated.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It has always been worth playing.

If you mean, have the bugs been fixed, then yes.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Oh, Federigo :ohdear:

It was your own fault for plotting murder, but now you haunt me.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Achievements are Ironman only.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It's one of the rare event chains. The event is in CK2\events\roi_various_events.txt under "The Cursed Diamond" if you want to spoil it for yourself.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

WYA posted:

Are there any must-have mods like CK2+ anymore?

Viet, which is part of HIP is an excellent mod if you're looking for a straight vanilla extension. The HIP installer lets you decide which mods to install, and if you don't feel like having some of the overhaul-y stuff then you don't have to add them.

If you want more major changes, then the rest of HIP outside of SWMH is about the best you can get from a polish standpoint, and is more like CK2+ before it went to poo poo.

Full overhaul the GoT mod is far and away the best, nothing more to be said here.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Giving them a barony seems to work, generally. Especially if it's their only holding. You just have to get rid of the distant realm penalty.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Gavelkind is easily solved by stabbing (vanilla) or kidnapping (HiP). The latter is wonderful because then you can force them to take the vows,giving them a chance to become leader of a holy order.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Make sure you aren't tutoring someone elses kids. If your liege sets you as a tutor then it doesn't show a prompt.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
code:
#Fine meal..
character_event = {
	id = 65040
	desc = EVTDESC65040	
	picture = GFX_evt_drunk

min_age = 16
	capable_only = yes
	prisoner = no

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
		NOT = { trait = drunkard }
		war = no
		age = 16
		in_command = no
		religion_group = christian
		OR = {
			trait = gluttonous
			trait = slothful 
		}
	}

weight_multiplier = {
		factor = 1
		modifier = {
			factor = 5
			trait = hedonist
		}
	}

option = {
		name = EVTOPTA65040
		add_trait = drunkard

}
	option = {
		name = EVTOPTB65040
		if = {
			limit = { trait = gluttonous }
			add_trait = ill
		}
		if = {
			limit = { NOT = { trait = gluttonous } }
			add_trait = gluttonous
		}
	}
}
This is the one I'm assuming he's talking about. Located in CK2\events\various_traits_events.txt

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Assuming you're a religion that allows it: When you select a troop you'll see a small torch near the top of the merge/unit/comp/etc info pane. Click it. Happy pillaging. :hist101:

Having boats in the waters next to the province will store the gold, which will be given to you when it docks home.

E:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Some of the Norse rulers start at war. Those are most likely the free event troops you get to help achieve your glorious conquest against the silly christians. Make sure to Blot them all.

You won't get event troops back after disbanding them, and can't declare war with them raised.

E: Not really sure how well versed you are at the game, so don't mind me if you already know most of it :shobon:

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 9, 2014

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Bold Robot posted:

Is this actually how it works? I feel like I read somewhere that it's actually just a % chance based on how many people you have in your plot, but I dunno if it was an authoritative source or anything.

According to the plot_events.txt file, the "Drunk plot member spills the beans" event MTTH is modified by:
code:
mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 240

modifier = {
			factor = 0.5
			trait = drunkard
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.5
			trait = imbecile
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.75
			trait = slow
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 10.0
			trait = temperate
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 2.0
			trait = genius
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			trait = quick
		}
	}
This can trigger for any_backed_character.

Invite all those Temperate people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Brotato Broth posted:

I declared war against another kingdom (my courtier had strong claims on their entire kingdom) and won, but now they have one of my duchies and I gained none of their lands? This claims warfare bullshit is just inscrutable and dumb.

The tooltip tells you exactly what is needed to make sure they are your vassal once you win! Gaming this system is incredibly easy, though, just hand them a random castle barony in one of your personally held counties before declaring, this will mean they stay a vassal. Then you can just plot to revoke the barony and get 1000%+ support.

• Locked thread