Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

xanthan posted:

Cross posting the blade chaos build from the last thread I guess.

This wasn't in the new OP for a reason, which you could have discerned if you had read the new OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

guppy posted:

Don't be lovely. It's a perfectly fine build and there's no reason not to repost it, it's just not the only option.

No, that build is pretty awful and more than one goon was rudely awakened when they tried to start doing group content and no one wanted to group with them.

That skill point plan is literally the worst advancement plan I have ever seen for this game.

GEMorris fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 4, 2013

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

guppy posted:

I'm not suggesting that it be in the OP, I'm suggesting that there's nothing wrong with posting it.

Its terrible information that leads new players to making bad decisions, it should be derided and anyone not familiar with the game should be warned that it is terrible advice.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

guppy posted:

it's for soloing and it is pretty good for that.

1. No, not moreso than any other build put together by anyone with two braincells to rub together.

2. That "guide" gives the worst SP allocation advice I've ever seen, and should be removed for that fault alone.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Yeah, I'm confused where the premise that "AR/Ele can't do nightmare content" came from. Because they most certainly can, and as Rev Dr said, they are one of the standard dps builds in the meta.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Why are you guys trying to form a new illuminati cabal again? Killsion, and myself, are regularly on, and lawli is occasionally around. What's the actual problem?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Killsion posted:

I guess since we have like 500+ members, 490 of which don't play anymore, it'd simplify things. I'm indifferent about it honestly.

In that case why not just ask us to clean house, or dissolve/reform? I certainly don't mind cleaning out the ranks, but dissolving and reforming could also work.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

guppy posted:

Who are you in game?

Rhan

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Yeah, I can't get back in right now. Funcompetence at its best.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Dreamworld is funcom's name for their game engine.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Sinatrapod posted:

I played this a whole bunch after release, and I was inspired to get back into it after I saw it pop up on the steam sale. Unfortunately it looks like my account was compromised some time ago and was banned. Apparently when you get banned like this they throw your account into the Dark Pit to be eaten by shadowbabies because Funcom is giving me a wicked case of cold shoulder about it.

Live Support says "you'll have to send an email", and 3 email attempts over the course of a week hasn't rendered any kind of response. Is there some kind of secret code word to get Funcom support to actually respond at all, or should I just drop it and buy in next time it goes on supersale?

There is one person that deals with compromised accounts across TSW, AOC, and AO. Your e-mail is likely sitting in his queue. When they were properly staffed a compromised account ticket would generally take a week to resolve, so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes 2+ now. They aren't going to respond until their investigation is complete.

Unless of course they fired the compromised account guy...

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Len posted:

So basically ban RP and PvP. Got cha.

The only way to save TSW is to ban the 20% of it that makes 80% of the noise.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Marx posted:

In good fashion, I'm completing the associated missions and getting cooldowns - but not actual kill credit for the achievement.

:ohdear:

Don't worry, all of funcom NA will likely be on vacation for the entire event, so nothing will get fixed.

Wish I could get on before tomorrow, oh well.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Try a dash in the middle.

Or Phuncompetence

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

midoriyourself posted:

The tux shows up in the cash shop. Check the "new" category. The men's version is pretty good, but the ladies' is more waiter than tuxedo, sadly.

Fun com obviously expects women to "know their place" and uses the cash shop as the primary medium of communication.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Toshimo posted:

"Genizah of the Lunar Metal is now a unique item. "

Lollers, I just hope they don't do that to the other Genizahs, as I've stockpiled over 150 to sell later.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

HughGRect posted:

There were three at one point, then they merged them down into two.

Group A
Grim
Drac
Arcadia
Cerberus

The Templar bias at Funcom is palpable. They took the only lumie dominated server (Grim) and merged it with the two most dominant templar servers (Cerberus, Arcadia).

People think I'm joking, but the devs really do like Templar and dislike Illuminati.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Posting about billing issues or posting a live chat transcript is a sure way to have your post insta-deleted.

You can have a previous failed payment removed. Open a live chat and ask them to do it before you add a payment method to an account with a pending transaction that you previously consented to.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Toshimo posted:

No. I can't remove poo poo. If I'm previously aware of the situation, and happen to be on during the new 8-8 business hours of live chat, I can ask them to pretty please remove it. But that's a lovely way to run a business and really loving sketchy business practices.

Not arguing with you on that. Just saying that they aren't breaking their credit card processing agreements.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Reverend Dr posted:

So basically every Australian?

AR kind of has the unfortunate issue that Safety Off is one of the best builders, but it is practically the only AR builder worth using (well anima shot is good, but that's leech only).

To be fair there are several weapons with only one good builder. Its just that more people notice AR because more people use it.

Does elementalism even have a good builder?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Len posted:

Don't listen to this post at all. The worst advice ever right here.

seconded.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Pilchenstein posted:

Mate of mine finished issue 7 for the first time today, then managed to take another mission before he turned in the extra "free 10.1 gear" mission. Anyone know offhand how he gets that back?

Likely petition a gm

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
I know we probably don't want to be steering people towards blood, but a lot of posts as of recent have forgotten (or chosen to ignore) that bloodline + finish the movement + bloodshot spam is a real thing.

That being said, don't go blood DPS because everyone will hate you for not having group buffs.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

packetmantis posted:

Is it just me, or is the Illuminati version of "London Underground" incredibly difficult? It might be easier without the timer, but as is I'm having a lot of trouble completing it.

At the point in the game you get it, every version of London underground is difficult.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Cheston posted:

pubbie raid leader

I find the root of your problem.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Zephonith posted:

We were doing 18s and everyone else died, so I soloed the last 50K HP of Machine Tyrant and kited him using Razor Wire. And then I died to Lifeburn as the cutscene started. It was glorious.

Confirmed true story.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Len posted:

Motion seconded. Some people should stop trying to sound like they know mechanics when they have no idea how things work.

Confirmed true story.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Toshimo posted:

Holy s*** I don't know who all these people giving you advice are but I've never seen them in game and I'm pretty sure they're giving you a bunch of advice that you can't possibly use.

Who are you again?

Oneeighthundred's advice is pretty legit. Certainly better than most advice I see in here. Melee vs ranged is a matter of preference, but exposed is the best DPS bonus in the game.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Can we please get enough people on Wednesday to do the raid? I joined a pubbie group and it was so disorganized I left before we even pulled the trash mobs.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

OneEightHundred posted:

I think missions below your level degrade XP past a certain point too. I went back to check some investigation missions that I skipped at one point and the XP had dropped considerably..

This applies to investigation missions only. Used to you couldn't repeat them, Funcom then made them repeatable but for vastly reduced XP.

Non-Investigation mission reward XP does not degrade, ever.

People really need to stop making things up and check their facts before posting stuff like this.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Cheston posted:

I got the last Raid talisman that I wanted earlier today. Feels good.

But now I need 1160 bullion to redo and expand my tank set :(

The disappointing thing about the bracer is that it prevents you from having 3k+ attack rating and 7k+ base HP because to do that you need slots for three purple vigours.

Switching to hammer as your primary builder will likely make a bigger boost to your DPS though.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Reverend Dr posted:

But I'm not really worried about a hypothetical "dick-tons" of damage. If they put something in that requires so much into tanking stats, that a full 10.4 completely defensively focused is required, then there is just going to be so much backlash by the community as this would me something like 95% of tanks couldn't possibly perform as needed.

I'm really hoping this happens. I really enjoyed being both defense and block specced and taking little to no damage, but the current reality is that there is no reason for a 10.5 tank to be pushing any less that 1200 dps in most 18 encounters.

I'm more than happy to play the DPS tank game, but I would love a legit reason to be highly specced in mitigation.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Cheston posted:

Do manifestations no longer advance Elemental Force?

They haven't for awhile now

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Cleretic posted:

Also, that DA/BS change has definitely brought the bad kind of change I expected it to. I'm now being pressured out of using my SF/DA combo, because I dared come second in DPS to someone running a BS/DA combo. Because yes, the Nightmare version of the Filth mini-dungeon totally requires top-level strats.

This is extra stupid because the only reason da/bs builds were bringing top numbers was due to everyone running it. Individual DPS from multiple other weapon configurations can easily be higher. Running da/bs builds is now a thing for the lowest dpser to do, not the top one. Pubbies are so bad.

The way it is now, with "support" and "pure" dpsers is how it was originally intended to be, rather than the "all da/bs all the time" cookie cutter mold that eventually developed.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
If there is a goon tanking spectrum, Len (EvilBillMurray) and myself (Rhan) make up the two ends of that spectrum. Cheston is pretty much right on the middle. Both gave great advice and as I don't want to repeat them, I'll simply add in my .02 about being a tank that tries to push their DPS numbers as much as possible.

Basically take what Cheston said about gear, swap out the Luck talisman for a DPS talisman (eventually Subway Tokens from the NY raid), and drop the protection for more penetration rating.

Goals for a DPS focused tank:

Hit: 650
Block: 750+
Penetration: 750+

Its most important to get your Hit and Block to the target levels first, but make sure to use a tool like TSWcalc to plan out your long term goals with regards to gear.

As a DPS tank you push Pen hard, between Ashes of Elder Things as your head talisman, Signet of Breaching on your weapon, Iron Maiden, and a 600+ pen rating you do reasonable damage (better than your average pubbie DPSer in most cases) and still perform all the tanking functions your group needs. There are many fights in 18s that I can consistently break 1.4k which is my "Target DPS" for this build.

I disagree with Cheston on the NY Raid gear that you want, I think there are four talismans worth running:

Ashes of Elder Things (Head)
Brooklyn Bracer (Wrist)
Subway Tokens (Luck)
NY Buckle (Waist)

GEMorris fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 8, 2013

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Hey, scenarios are at least giving me a reason to finish my glance-tank build.....

Sixth-Sense may have a new home.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
The main are I see in need of balance is Ghouls in Egypt. They hit really hard, and the Filthy Ghoul Boss (not the shaman one) will just straight up hit you for 4k+, not a special attack either.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Toshimo posted:

I bet the solution to scenarios is Blades/Chaos. :smug:

I'm working towards buying a few new 10.4 talismans to fully test it out, but I think a blades/chaos glance tank is going to be one of the solid options for scenarios.

Another will of course be some combination of AR and fist, chaos, or blood.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Len posted:

Pubbies have taken from talking about drop rates of augments being too low and are starting to complain they're too high. Apparently too many are on the market which means too many are dropping so Funcom needs to lower that drop rate more.

Anyone with two functioning brain cells that ran a few scenarios could have immediately identified that augments as a whole were not going to be as rare as signets over the long term. I see gold augs settling in at 25 million or less after a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Marx posted:

At least we can all look back and agree that had changes not been made, getting solo platinum would have been impossible and entirely dependent on spawns rather than player skill/ability.

Sure its RNG dependent but I got solo plat on nightmare hotel with both snipers and sandstorm, pre-patch. It was doable.

• Locked thread