Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Thrill of the Hunt was a great loving episode, and does rise above most of Prime, and I admit that as someone who does not like Animated and likes Prime. The rest of Animated never reaches that height, though.

Counterpoint: Season 3, episode 11: This Is Why I Hate Machines.

It's also another Ratchet-centric episode, proving that Ratchet is the best.

It also has a Rattrap cameo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Keldroc posted:

This brings up the excellent point that they have never actually explored the time period between G1 Season 2 and the animated movie. Seems like there's probably some fertile storytelling ground somewhere in the intervening 20 years.

Isn't that what the Dreamwave G1 comic tried to do?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Keldroc posted:

I'm hoping for an Encore Scorponok. Thanks to Encore Fort Max, Scorponok is now one of only three Headmasters I'm missing.

I hope that CHUG Metroplex sells well so that CHUG Scorponok becomes a possibility.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

SpazmasterX posted:

Look at this loving thing! I will be the best uncle ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZjAsfgsXDU

EDIT: poo poo my little sisters would probably have a blast with something like this too.

Who do we petition to get a MP Grimlock reissue that says "I'M A BIPED! I WALK ON TWO LEGS!"?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Knormal posted:

The question is, should a proper Generations-sized Huffer be the size of Optimus Prime to make the alt modes to scale, or be small and have the alt mode be out of scale or something different than G1?

Altmode slightly smaller than Optimus, but stumpy legs and arms in bot mode, like a dwarf.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The best thing about movie Optimus Prime is that the character was used pretty much verbatim (sweeping low-angled camera shot introduction, I SEND TO YOU THIS MESSAGE speech and all) in Transformers: Prime as Nemesis Prime :haw:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Keldroc posted:

itshappening.gif

I cannot properly express how glad I am to see this trend developing.

My life is complete.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Blackheart posted:

I might be repeating myself but get Nightstrike Bumblebee from the same wave if you find him. He's :krad: , he's barely Bumblebee too. He's just like.. some murderous rear end in a top hat loaded with weapons.

International release waves have different distribution sometimes, so maybe Prowl isn't so rare depending on the country. For example, Instead of the wave that had Airachnid and the wave with Sargeant Kup, we got a mixed wave with Dead End and Rumble over here.

Yeah, Night Shadow Bumblebee is incredible. His soulless, empty eye sockets are creepy and awesome. He's like one part Lockdown, one part Wu-Tang and one part pure evil.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

It looks more like the front of a bullet train welded to a schoolbus.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Rita Repulsa posted:

Also get ready for years of toys outside CHUG looking like this, a recent interview on tfw2005 indicates the next show will be much more like rescue bots.

From the phrasing in the interview itself, it sounds like they're aiming to recapture the spirit of Animated, which i'm all for.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

SpazmasterX posted:

I want a t-rex Optimus Prime

Buy CHUG FoC Grimlock, headswap with CHUG G2 Prime, paint red/blue.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

With all of the offbeat characters we've been getting in Generations, I wouldn't be surprised to see Botanica show up within the next year or two.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I'm definitely getting AoE Bulkhead Hound, Grimlock, Faux-G1 Prime, and and and and

Why do the movie toys look so much better than the Generations toys :(

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I found some better photos of Evasion Mode Optimus:

With a headswap, he'll make an excellent Generations Prime.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

That's not "evil grimace", that's "Ow, my balls".

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

GrimGypsy posted:

Edit: Apparently the Takara MP-21 teaser.

Literally me irl ^

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Oh my god, he has a fat kid face. I need to preorder him.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

SpikeMcclane posted:

In light of recent comic events, I embarked on a project.

Metroplex looks embarrassingly good by comparison.

Still putting my money on Omega King Bumblecron in that one.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I'm lukewarm on Whedon at best, but I definitely wouldn't dismiss a Whedon-helmed Transformers movie. At least it would be fun, and not embarrassing.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Targetmasters have been back since at least Power Core Combiners. You can probably even stretch the "Targetmaster" definition to Minicons(little robots that become weaponry for the big guys), in which case they've been around since Armada.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Squalitude posted:

This was posted on my FB wall:
http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/03/man-spends-42-hours-making-solo-record-breaking-balloon-sculpture-of-optimus-prime-4717312/?ITO=facebook

It seems pretty underwhelming to me? Someone tell me I'm just being curmudgeonly (but seriously, that colour scheme, yukk).

Evangelion Unit 01 x Optimus Prime confirmed

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Peter Weller?!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

You guys are all colorblind. Rumble is lavender.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Optimus Primal is a completely different character from Optimus Prime.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Phy posted:

Yeah man I'm still holding out hope that Takara Leader Jetfire will have painted FAST packs instead of chrome because Hasbro's doing the chrome this time

With rare exceptions, vac metal makes a toy look like you bought it from a stall in Pacific Mall and on the box it said "MiGHTY SUPER LIFE FOURCE" and the name of the guy is "Bust Sporot" and he comes with "ANKLE BITER" and "EQUIPMENCE"

There I said it and I ain't sorry

MP24: Bust Sporot with Targetmasters ANKLE BITER and EQUIPMENCE

Do it, Takara.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Joe Fisto posted:

Goddamnit Hot Toys

Finally, the Pat Lee Optimus we never wanted.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Hasbro needs to fold movie-style Barricade into the next show's canon, because a Decepticon cop car is something too good to leave wallowing in the poo poo-mire that is the movies.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Blackheart posted:

Man, you mean use it even more? The Prime WJ mold has seen a lot of use.

I won't be satisfied until he's retooled into Hot Rod.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Polly want a Thundercracker?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Blackheart posted:

Took me a while to notice they named him Optimus Primal :aaa:

He also has BW Megatron's transformation scheme and altmode.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Keldroc posted:

Or Satellite Of Love Shockwave?

Uhh, excuse me but that's obviously Shockblast, sir.

:v:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Spiderdrake posted:

Technically was Megatron ever human-sized in the G1 cartoon? The general imagery is Megatron being used by Optimus Prime or Starscream.

G1 Megatron is a Targetmaster that got sick and tired of being used as a tool.

Discuss.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Eh I guess so.

They still went the route of making Shockwave's alt modes vague tanks like Megatron though.

If he does get a CW Voyager I hope they make him something crazy. Like a Quadruped combiner similar in shape to Metagross but with a massive gun on it's back so he can be a walking artillery battery. He is a mad scientist after all.

http://tfu.info/2006/Decepticon/Scrapmetal/scrapmetal.htm

:confused:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Blitzwing is rocking Terrorsaur's color scheme, so someone needs to comb through Beast-era characters to figure out what Astrotrain is homaging.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

You're insane if you don't think they're going to release a black CWOP repaint as Nemesis Prime/Scourge to go along with Sideburn and 4 more limb bot repaints as RiD/CR homages. Hasbro's gonna milk this poo poo til the cow runs dry.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

It's Gokus all the way down.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Keldroc posted:

Remind them that the G1 cartoon shared a universe with Jem thanks to Hector Ramirez.

And GI Joe, due to Cobra Commander showing up in both shows (as "Old Snake" in G1)

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Keldroc posted:

You don't even need that. Hector Ramirez connects all three shows, plus Inhumanoids.

Now all we need is a way to wrangle Centurions: Power EXTREME into the Hasbro Animated Universe(tm) and the circle will be complete

edit: M.A.S.K. is integrated by way of Matt Tracker being issued as a GI Joe toy

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 21, 2015

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

If I had to guess who the components were, it'd be Arcee (Breakdown), Chromia (Groove), Windblade (pick an aerialbot), Strika (Onslaught) and I dunno, Flamewar and Elita-1?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Armada megatron is one of the ones that really makes the least sense. G1 Mega looks so much better and then you have Armada Megatron which is megatron during his weeaboo phase. And not only that he really doesn't look like Armada Megatron, they should have done the red black and blue repaint and called him Megazarak or something as a reference to the Armada megatron repaint.

I mean atleast he would be a different guy.

The remold should've been The Fallen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Knormal posted:

That is probably the least-sensical Combiner Wars repaint to me. I get that they had to repaint Blackjack into some Autobot to go with the Optimus versions of that torso mold, but spoiler gun aside he looks nothing like Rodimus, and Rodimus isn't the kind of character to be a little chest shield. It would have made a lot more sense just to pick some random minicar or micromaster to use. Hell, make him Hubcap, they haven't done a G1 Hubcap yet.

A black and blue repaint as Roller would've been way better.