Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

FlyWhiteBoy posted:

What happened to the go to page menu? Please bring it back!

What happens if you tap the page indicator at the bottom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Internet Explorer posted:

Just want to say, 2 years later or whatever, that this app is still awesome and still by far my most used app. Thank you so much for making it and maintaining it. Still wish I could buy you a beer.

Ditto. Long live That Weird App With a Frog.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

spankmeister posted:

I much prefer the Awful ui as well.

Ditto.

Also, I missed the frog.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Breath Ray posted:

This has 10k downloads on Google play. Let's assume 2k active users. That makes six grand in dollars. Let's do it.

Once more, there is no way lowtax is going to let an unrelated third party charge money for an app that strips out the ads. I don't know why this isn't obvious.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Squizzle posted:

It seems like one of those areas in which the technical realities are strongly at odds with what makes sense intuitively.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

anne frank fanfic posted:

Ok, we ALL get probated constantly, ...

:pwn:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Nalin posted:

Even if this is not added, could the probation message at least be a URL so we can tap it and view it in a web browser?

This and rap sheets. We're missing some tools for figuring out how big an idiot someone is.

I totally understand why they're not in and are likely approx. last priority, though.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

drunken officeparty posted:

I broke my iphone and now I'm stuck with a big dumb android. Is there a way to get images to show the link but load inline with a single tap and maybe the menu on a hold instead of always the menu

This is perhaps not the tone to take to get people to help you.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I used the "set last read post" feature in the Trump thread because refreshes kept taking me to not the last post. Left the thread and saw this post count:

Doesn't appear to cause any further problems. Just wanted to let you know.

Edit: I'm on a Pixel XL, if that makes any difference.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 1, 2017

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Make the notification bigger. Add sounds.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Midjack posted:

Post better and you'll see it less frequently.

Oh my god, his rap sheet has a second page. I hadn't seen anyone with that since Tenement Funster.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Bad Llama posted:

yo, the fact that i still cant post a new thread with this app loving sucks, and you should all be a loving shamed of yourselves you fucks

The combination of the past, the custom text, and the reg date is kind of amazing.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

fishmech posted:

I just think it'd be kinda cool to be able to use the grenade logo that's like, the official site brand. Even though it would totally look more suspicious.

That's the logo for Something, and therefore Haram.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

sourdough posted:

Hmm, I don't even know what menu you're talking about. Do you not use the swipe rightward to go back to thread list from a specific thread?

He means close as in disallow posting in a thread he'd created, not exiting the thread.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Scudworth posted:

Embrace permanent dark mode

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

This is wonderful.

Bring back the frog you cowards! :argh:

Wait, does the beta ditch the frog icon for some reason?!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Necrothatcher posted:

Now I don't have to worry about people thinking I'm a neonazi on the train to work! Thanks guys.

Anyone who'd mistake that frog for a Pepe is too dumb to breath.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I'm so loving tired of people calling it a "hamburger menu" at work

That's its name??

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The Bloop posted:

Always use dark mode

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

vyst posted:

Oh god no thank you on seeing Gang Tags

I'd love for them to be there when you expand the post header but there's no way in hell to fit them all in the collapsed layout.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, not too long ago, my job blocked the forums (but not the website), so unless I use data, I can't use the app at work.

On a tangent, the This Page Is Blocked page says the reason it's blocked is Weapons, yet I can still visit /r/weapons on reddit. Makes me think someone in IT got a probe/ban here, and this is their petty revenge...

Or, just as likely, someone in management likes reddit.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

cruft posted:

If we're making requests, I'd like a feature that makes me a better poster.

Done.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The forums list just says "long press to add" with no forums. I feel like this happened before and there's a way to fix it but I can't remember what that is. Forcing a forum list update didn't help.

Bookmarks still work, as does the last board you read entry in the menu, which is how I navigated here.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Solid

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

:eyepop:

thank you

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Captain Invictus posted:

Starting a few days ago, I suddenly can no longer directly open imgur links into the imgur app from the awful app. I've opened all permissions etc and nothing changes, made sure both are updated, all that jazz. I'm on a Samsung galaxy s22 ultra. Is this a bug, or did something possibly change in a recent update with either app?

Go to settings, apps, the imgur apps, "open by default" or something like that. Android periodically nukes the configuration of which apps have what links.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Find the man who created the imgur app and kill him.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I just discovered the hard way that if a thread is locked while you're editing a post, when you click save it takes you back to the post, sans edit, and gives an error message about checking your network connection. Not really a critical issue, obviously. And honestly I normally wouldn't even call attention to it. But it occurs to me this situation is a lot more likely given how SAD operates, with threads locking and unlocking frequently and abruptly.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Testing:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

crepeface posted:

I really don't want to give imgur my phone number.

Just give them some random number. It's not like they call you.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Uthor posted:

(I have a handful of codes. If someone wants one, PM me.)

There's a thread for posting codes in I think GBS.

Edit: it's in pyf

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sereri posted:

Nah, I made it everybody's problem last month.

Can you be more specific? What doesn't work exactly?

The eternal curse of software devs everywhere.

"It doesn't work! [End of transmission]"

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

cr0y posted:

I did everything I can think of, I don't know if it's on the app side or on imgurs side. I uninstalled/reinstalled this app, reset my imgur password, logged out/logged back in and cleared cookies and poo poo. :shrug:

Did you log into imgur specifically in Chrome? Iirc I had problems until I did. No idea why.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Yeah, being my most-used app by far for over a decade for the low price of free is pretty impressive. Or it's an indicator I'm a degenerate troglodyte. :iiam:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sirotan posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the only way to do it anymore

Then how do you upload from your phone? That just gives me a drag and drop box, like it wants me to open a new Explorer window and drag files from there.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Uthor posted:

I just tap on "choose photo/video".

Huh, that didn't work last time I tried it.

Thanks.:frogbon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

big black turnout posted:

I updated but it's still asking me to sign in to imgur?

You still have to sign into imgur.