Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Just updated to the latest Market version, and noticed a bug from the earlier beta (I forgot to report it :sweatdrop: ) is still around. On the Bookmarks page, when you mark a thread unread, it throws an error and tells you to check your network connectivity. If you refresh the Bookmarks page, that thread is unread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Instead of making it a percentage of the screen size, could you make it like an inch or two and expand that based on whatever the vertical resolution is?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

I like the improvements you've made, but I think you broke long pressing on links. I can't copy them directly any more
Just click on the link.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I liked the big thread tag images because having those small images on an already small display made them hard to read. A user shouldn't be expected to know what the tags look like from the desktop view.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Khisanth Magus posted:

I have problems with all images, even thread icons.
Can you change whatever network you're connecting to? Like if you're on wifi, get off wifi. If you're on 3G/4G, get on wifi.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Betamax is the old version now.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Totally TWISTED posted:

The SAclopedia doesn't work in the app, maybe this is already known? Just found out today after trying to follow a link in the quotes thread.

Unrelated: when longpressing a link in a post (like CNN.com/newsstory) it gives you the option to share the URL but it then just shares the thread URL.

Edit:

The second issue was before this last update. Not sure about the first one. Also I should really reiterate my thanks for the dev team :glomp:

Sereri, in the very first post of this thread posted:

Things the app does not (yet):
- Allow you to create threads
- Show user profiles
- Leper's colony / see probation reasons
- Display polls
- SAclopedia
- Search
and lots more
Also, you don't have to longpress links.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I noticed that the Android 4.4 documentation says there's a new implementation of WebView based on Chromium. Is that going to break everything?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I wonder if that's the Loading Failed popup thing.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sereri posted:

I don't actually know the workings of the goldmine(s). Are threads there closed? Can you still post in them?

Any suggestion how to indicate it, other than the hierarchy-up action going to the goldmine as it currently is?
I was going to say goldmine.css, but I guess there isn't one like there is for the gas chamber. Instead, there's .forum_21 stuff in the forums.css. Maybe you could check for that?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sereri posted:

Things the app does not (yet):
- Allow you to create threads

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
If I've got a bug I'd like to report, is it best to report it in this thread, the project.log thread, or in GitHub, or in the Google+ group?

HOWEVER, I'm on Gingerbread, I haven't seen anyone else in this thread complain about this bug, it's really minor, and I need to get off of this shamephone.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sereri posted:

Github > this thread > the other thread > g+
Okay, it's in github.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
e: nevermind, loving work wifi

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
this post is quoting the one above it, and inserts a space for a blank [fixed] tag block in the middle of a word, even though the post it quoted does not display a space in the same word

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Is it just large gifs on minus

or do static images work fine?

e: I posted those images on my desktop, both of those images load on my phone, even with wifi off.

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 31, 2014

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Allow the app to post threads, but force the attention/hot/banme thread tags.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

anthonypants posted:

Allow the app to post threads, but force the attention/hot/banme thread tags.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I've literally never clicked the bookmarks icon because when I click the word "Bookmarks" at the top of the forums list it goes to the bookmarks page.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hooah posted:

There are two quite distinct side swipes: one that starts on or beyond the left edge of the screen which brings up the hamburger menu, and the other which starts from anywhere not super-close to the left edge and goes back to wherever you loaded the tread from.
There's also the back button on your device; if you opened a thread from the bookmarks menu and then press the back button, it will take you back to the bookmarks menu.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

bacon brewed beer posted:

I'm old and don't like change! But otherwise a great app and the changes are pretty good, once I get to know them.

I can't figure out how to make a new thread though..?
It's in the OP.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

inkmoth posted:

Thanks, this seems to have worked for me. No more doobie in the last 24 hours, I'm safe at last.

One other stupid question - since the update I've been unable to find the button to jump to a specific page in the thread... I

Butt Discussin posted:

Did the new version get rid of the"go to page" feature? If not, where can I find it?

Edit: nevermind, I just figured it out. Tap the page number in the bottom middle and it will bring it up.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I think it's a grenade now. I'm on my phone so I can't take a screenshot.

radiums enemy posted:

just in case anyone is worried that this trivial poo poo is all that we're working on, this was done because it was pretty easy to do (once I figured out what to do and where to do it) and it was a good way to test to see if we could deploy user-visible changes without destroying the forums again. the squares are just some poo poo in the CSS and can change as easily as all the other lovely balls and whatever you all have next to your names, so don't get too attached to/distressed by them

Or, you could call it the further militarization of St. Louis.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Midjack posted:

Seems to be adding an extra quote close bbtag before the body of the quoted post. The GBS buttcoin thread is littered with them from several users though I don't appear to have the problem when I quote here.
Those are probably nested quotes.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Sarnsunged again!!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ephex posted:

Just a quick suggestion :

I think that you're wasting space with the forums index on that menu you get when doing the left right swipe. Navigating back is already a breeze with a few quick swipes.

Maybe you could instead put the bookmarks in that space and tone down the space the av uses since its mine and i really know how it looks.

Just my 5c ;)
You might like Something.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

spankmeister posted:

Images now always open in a browser instead of giving me the options when I tap one. I might have accidentally tapped "always open blah blah" or whatever, or it did it on its own.

In any case, how can I get the default behaviour again?
Settings -> Apps -> find the app you're talking about -> scroll down -> click that button

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Unclean009 posted:

They don't function for me when I type them out if its not a direct link to an image, such as steam screenshots.

Here's an example:

Edit: okay... It didn't work earlier today but it is now I guess? :psyduck:

Likely user error, apologies.
That sounds like a work firewall rule.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

XIII posted:

So, does anyone have a proper dark theme with working spoilers? I've dicked around with the one I've been using to try and fix them, but to no avail.
Whoever is good at css might be able to pull it from the not-mobile YOSPOS theme.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Haven't run into any issues yet but I like the way the drawer turns the lines thing into an arrow, that's neat

e: also it seems a lot faster

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
On a 2013 Moto X, I can't pull-to-refresh while in landscape mode. Not sure if that's by design, but it's not a huge deal anyway.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sereri posted:

Market version or beta? Which P2R?
Beta, and I tried both the bookmarks menu and the main forums listing. I think it's just that my phone isn't wide enough to drag the ball down long enough to initiate a refresh.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Ardlen posted:

Have you tried changing the pull to refresh distance in the Devices and Navigation settings?
No, I just rotated my phone back to portrait mode.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sereri posted:

Everyone will.

I just checked, they deleted the info text for Let's play except for the -

Now the app looks for a text that's no longer there and throws an exception, causing it to not load the forum.

I wish I was kidding.
:eyepop:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I think pull-to-next missing is an issue with the library that's being used (and it's a Google library), but pull-to-refresh should still work.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hooah posted:

Every so often, the Google+ community for this app will have a little "1" on it, but when I go to the community, there aren't any new posts. Anyone know why?
What Facebook calls a "like", Google+ calls a "+1".

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hooah posted:

That shows up in the notification menu in the upper right though, I thought? I'm taking about a badge on the community's icon.
What Facebook calls a "like", Google+ calls a "+1".

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hooah posted:

I already said I understand that. But I wasn't aware this view showed +1s, since otherwise it seems like the Science on G+ number would be a lot higher:
Neither of those things show the +1 you're talking about.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hooah posted:

I never said it was a plus one. That was the other guy who was repeating himself.

Edit: I was on my phone. It's you, you're the repetitious goon.
It doesn't have a 1 on it, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Nth Doctor posted:

How do I reset the pop-up we get when clicking images? I accidentally double tapped and now images I click are automatically opening in a browser instead of prompting me for what to do.
Settings -> Apps -> find the app that's being opened -> scroll down -> click that button