Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My 8-year-old cousin matter-of-factly informed me that Santa is 32 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Datasmurf posted:

My birhtday is on the 24th of October (the UN day), so in kindergarten, everyone always made a fuzz out of that day, and I thougth it was because of my birthday.

Hey, we have the same birthday. My parties were Halloween-themed as a kid.

But what the hell kind of kindergarten makes a fuss about the founding of the UN? Mine was all about the finger painting and poo poo like that.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My eight-year-old cousin informed me of her theory as to where that missing plane went. She thinks it landed "in the Purple Triangle" which she insists is the proper name for it, not the "Permoota Triangle".

She doesn't know what the Bermuda Triangle is.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

There's something to tell future girlfriends or boyfriends.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Kid staring wide-eyed at a bottle of sparkling water in Trader Joe's: "It's a hundred and twenty-nine DOLLARS for ONE BOTTLE?" :aaa:

I told him no, it's $1.29.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My half-brother, who our dad hadn't seen or talked to in years until they reconciled earlier this year, brought his whole family to a family gathering recently and Dad's side of the family got to meet his wife and kids.

My dad fell right into the grandpa role, particularly taken with the adorable six-year-old granddaughter he finally got to meet.

So at the end of the day, he told her how glad he was that he got to meet her.

She told him that he had a white hair growing out of his nose.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Slime posted:

One day we'll have this, I bet money on it. In the future we'll have cyborgs walking around with implants hooked up wirelessly to their smartphone, and one of the things we'll use it for is checking our piss levels.

Of course. We'll also use it to check how much we've farted.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Nekodoshi posted:

Today was my niece's 3rd birthday, and the whole day had been chock full of cuteness. She started her day singing in her bed about how she was three now, followed by sincerely thanking and kissing everyone who said "Happy birthday" to her.

She then got her cake with a single candle. When asked to make a wish, she leaned in, whispered "I love you little candle" then blew it out. She wished for pudding. When asked why, she said "it isnt a party without pudding!"

At some point I ended up being put in time-out. She told me she loved me, but that i didnt listen to her mommy (about going after the frosting on her cake), and that i had to go to my room for twenty minutes. The kid is a constant joy.

Your niece owns.

I heard a kid in a supermarket whining for a cupcake or something and his mother told him no, to which he loudly protested, "But I love you!"

:3:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Autistic, highly verbal son here too. One time coloring with him, I had this conversation.

Me: Here, why don't you use the orange crayon?
Him: *the most scathing look I've ever gotten* That's apricot.

Dripping with condescension, too.

As an autistic, highly verbal 27-year-old, I remember a few times like that. My dad tried to make a joke one time when I was sick, I guess to cheer me up because I was miserable and pukey, and I responded in the most withering tone I could manage (being a little kid who just threw up), "Dad, I'm not in the mood."

Naturally, he thought that was even funnier than his own joke.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Madra De Dhia posted:

For reference: I'm an American Expat working on obtaining my Irish citizenship, my husband is Irish, our 2 year old is Irish born. My husband cusses liberally under his breath even if he tries to be subtle about, which has resulted in our kid yelling "FECK OFF, Hoban!" at the dog, or "Come on t'gently caress, mum!" if I'm taking too long to get his tea ready.
Yesterday I was changing his nappy and the following exchange took place:

Him: That's my PENIS, mum!
Me: Yup, that's you're penis.
Him: (waving his fingers at me) These my HAND PENIS!

It is incredibly difficult to keep a straight face and correct him instead of laughing, to be quite honest.

Sounds like a proper Irish lad

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I was walking to my car at the train station today and I passed a little kid with his mother. Kid couldn't have been older than 2, maybe 3.

Looking around, he exclaimed loudly, "WHAT THE HECK!?"

I completely lost my poo poo laughing and his mother admonished him to "don't say that!" She sounded like she was trying not to laugh too.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

pookel posted:

The non sequitur pieces of information are a regular occurrence around here, but this one struck me as particularly funny for some reason:

Me: OK, can you check if the water is the right temperature for your bath?
8yo: Cesium is very expensive. Did you know that it costs up to $22 a gram? :colbert:

poo poo, I knew a guy who got that much for weed.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

bringmyfishback posted:

She is the only girl who has the most complanate airport in the class.

Finals are next week, can you tell?

Do you teach in China, or is "airport" slang for small boobs somewhere else as well?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I wanted to share this (horribly racist?) unretouched piece from last year by everyone's favorite tits aficionado, Rihanna. Again, I haven't changed a thing:

If I have 1 million RMB to spend, I will buy everything I want. I’m so happy to be the owner!

First of all, I will go to the shopping mall to buy perfume for my mother and a business suit for my father. Just because I’m a sweet daughter and I’m nice. <3

Then I will go to the department store and buy a toy spider for my favorite teacher, Miss Fleta. I believe that she will fall in love with the cute spider. Just because I’m nice as I said.

Thirdly, I will go to the discount store to buy nothing! I just want to show my money to the salesman. Just because I’m rich! Everybody can suck it! (Yeah, come on~)

Finally, I will put the rest of my money into the bank. After I die, my children and grandchildren can use it and do nothing! (<--- it’s bad)

All in all, if you can dream it, you can do it! And we must work hard to make money that depends on ourselves.

I like to think she got to the end and was like, "oh, right, every story should have a moral or something."

Little kids are the funniest. I met a nice Chinese lady on the train with her kids two days in a row and we chatted a bit and I noticed her youngest was acting shy and she said, "he thinks it's weird that you speak Chinese."

:haw:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

tacodaemon posted:

Um excuse me but Mozambique's flag has a hoe crossed with an AK-47 on it

And a book! Literature, agriculture, and armed resistance to... whoever tries to take the first two away?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Last one, I promise.

We had a parents' meeting today. Guess who was my translator? If you guessed "Rihanna," you win!

Since the parents didn't really want to talk to me, or the other foreign teacher, we just sat and chatted.

1. Rihanna has a secret power. If she stares at your boobs, they will get bigger! She offered to try it on her male classmates, all of whom responded, "I don't want that." There were also no takers among the office ladies. I asked her why she doesn't do it for herself, and she said it doesn't work like that. I suggested she stand in front of a mirror.

2. Rihanna does a good impression of our (female) principal. I asked her to say something and, in the principal's voice, she said, "i am a man! I can show you my penis." She whispered the last word.

3. RIHANNA: "Do you know the c-word?"
ME: "Uh, yeah. Do YOU know the c-word?"
RIHANNA: "Yes."
ME: "Okay, so what does it mean?"
RIHANNA: *looking away* "Something you can enjoy."
ME: "More specifically."
RIHANNA: "It's nice."
ME: "....?"
RIHANNA: "[Classmate] likes it."
ME: "..."
RIHANNA: "She eats it all the time. I don't like it!"
ME: "......................Oh, seaweed."
:stare:

Right about then, a parent walked over with a question. When he left, Rihanna whispered, "Super awkward."

And, not related, but one of the worst boys in that class told me he really likes Bojack Horseman. I am proud.

Okay, that's it! Vacation time! :yay:

Do you speak Chinese at all, or are you solely at the mercy of a hilarious child for translation purposes?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

But Tom is stupid, so different rules.

Solid reasoning skills on display here.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Open Marriage Night posted:

No, he's right. Dabbing is for wax and similar things. You heat a metal piece and press the wax "dab" to it. What you're describing is just vaping with weed oil.

I have never met anyone who made a distinction between the two. It's all dabbing now.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I know GF from the Chinese thread, but do you also speak Chinese? Had no idea you both knew Rihanna. Kid rules. :allears:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Rihanna got really mad about the "Ethics for Chinese Students" incident last week and we talked about it for a long time, so I thought I'd send her this article by Eunice Park to give her another perspective on the fake university admissions industry.

She responded with this email:

:kimchi:

Really makes up for the fact that I canceled the seniors' mini-archaeological excavation today because they were being dicks.

She sounds like a good kid. I hope she finds a good school and a career that suits her.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

ME: "What's your last class of the day?"
JAYDEN: "Self-study."
RIHANNA: "I want to self-study biology." *big wink*

*after learning about trophic levels*
TOM: "A bear is at the top, right?"
ME: "Yes, I would say so."
TOM: "So if a bear eats another bear, what happens to its trophic level?"

LEA: "If your cat wears clothes, is that an adaptation?"

RIHANNA: "Hello."
LILY: "It's me."
KYLE: "HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!"

RIHANNA: "I don't want to adapt, I want to Adele."

These kids are awesome.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

PYF poo poo kids say: her head look like a fat

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

FRANK: "What's a penis?"

Frank, shut the HELL up!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Calling Brockton a suburb of Boston is stretching it. It's 25 miles away and not even in the same county.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Dim sum kid knows what's up.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

cakesmith handyman posted:

Listening to my two kids argue the other morning my daughter (4) has a balloon she's pretending is the moon, son (7) isn't in the mood and is just arguing with her we hear this exchange:

S "The moon doesn't do that!"
D "The moon will do what I tell it!"

Future supervillain. Be good to that one, when the world is hers she can provide for a comfortable retirement.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I am suspicious of anyone who doesn't like dinosaurs.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Definitely didn't have roemot centrols either.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Children are easily confused but also wildly entertained by absurd attempts at humor only they understand, so you could go either way with that.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

dupersaurus posted:

In English at least, toilet used to also refer to a room that evolved into the bathroom

This is why personal care items like toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, etc are called toiletries, right?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

MISS FLETA MISS FLETA MISS FLETA MISS FLETA um uh do you know Italy?

An old Italian man asked me the same thing once.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

J: I CAN'T BELIEVE TODAY!

:same:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My girlfriend has a 5-year-old whose current thing is admonishing adults "don't say bad words in front of me!"

The other day, the 3 of us were hanging out and my girlfriend slipped up and said "poo poo". I forget the context, but in any case, little dude immediately piped up with "don't say poo poo in front of me!"

We both just about pissed ourselves laughing and reassured him he wasn't in trouble for saying that by accident.

This kid is hilarious. When he was like 2 he told his dad's idiot dog to gently caress off, and one time he asked his mom, "Mom, are you a badass?"

So now he's allowed to say badass, in appropriate company.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I just remembered another one from the girlfriend's kiddo. It was his bedtime and he called out to me, "Sweet dreams!"

A moment later, and a little quieter: "If you don't have sweet dreams... I don't know what to tell you."

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"I just farted a big man fart. I farted like Dad."

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

GOOD NEWS: another student put on sunglasses and is following me around school, announcing to everyone in a thick Russian accent, "Hello! I am security!"

Don't you teach in China? This is infinitely funnier if it's a Chinese ten-year-old pretending to be a Russian bodyguard.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I like this security kid.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

More like oldspainless :haw:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Krankenstyle posted:

Y el combinación: el booeno

The good Spanish ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

burial posted:

It’s always fun when kids use fancy words, especially when they do so correctly.

My five year old daughter throws in dashes of that here and there.

“I assume dinner will be ready soon?”
“Apparently, my shoe is untied, Dada.”

I used to say "actually" a lot when I was 3, to my mother's great amusement.