Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

There's probably no Headbutt tutor in XY right ?? Sorry, Serene Grace Dunsparce, we'll have to wait, buddy. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Do any of you cats have friend safaris with Sableye ??

5215 0019 4882

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Torkoal's omnidirectional sprite smoke is the worst looking thing in the game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

A lot of the gen 1/2 shinies are really mild recolorings because of the GBC's limited colors. :( But then you get things like shiny Charizard and it owns

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

How trustworthy are these 5/6 IV pokerus Dittos on the GTS ??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

deimos posted:

All legendaries in GenVI, including the birds.

When are the bird's stats generated ??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Meat Recital posted:

genderless breeding

Try breeding a good Sheer Force Nidoking hahahahahshsjwkwbwk :unsmigghh:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Starting to believe the friend safari theory

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Millions posted:

Oh god Whismur has a butthole :stare:

So does Bonsley

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Before I went to that site I didn't believe compeltely unremarkable pokemon like Stanler, Basculin, or Mothim had any fans but apparently they do.

Whaaaaaaaaaat are you insane ?? Mothim is easily top five pocket monster material

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Xandoom posted:

So the last Pokemom game I played was Pearl. What should I know before I jump into Y?

This world is inhabited by creatures called Pokémon! For some people, Pokémon are pets. Other use them for fights.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Sableye making it to the OU metagame warms my heart. You made it, little buddy. :unsmith:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I run Knock Off on my Sableye and it seems to always 2HKO Espeons who want to switch in to a Taunt.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

He interpreted you correctly, one of you is just over/underestimating the use of poison on non-poison monsters

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Here's the team I've been running hog wild with to generally favorable results:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-74038439

Sidenote I hate your Wish Eviolite Chanseys and I hate you

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

"Hmm... my opponent is consistently outhealing my Earthquakes with a Prankster Sableye as my burned pocket monster dies slowly... Better spam Earthquake more"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Please ignore my terrible decisions and enjoy this humorous mistake(?):

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-74361742

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Is Showdown going to have a non-Bank metagame again ?? The lack of anything pre-gen 5 was actually kind of fun in a MtG type 2 kind of way

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Merged Pokebank/Gen 6 sucks and I hate it thanks :thumbsup:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Ignite Memories posted:

I love magic bounce, and I love espeon. Breloom can eat poo poo and die.

Rude beyond belief. Pretty much everything about Breloom owns, especially his design. Happy little mushroom birdlizard thing

MustelaFuro posted:

Why did he keep using swagger on physical attackers? I only use that it on special attackers or support Pokemon. If the confusion doesn't set in that turn then you basically screwed yourself.

Because there's a chance confusion will indeed set in and 90% of battling is assuming everything goes in your favor

oddium fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 6, 2014

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I also don't like Hidden Power, because it just feels lazy. If I didn't know any better I would say it was some dumb Smogon CAP move with no heart behind it.

It also reminds me of when kids are pretending to be superheroes and keep making up powers to win.

"Well my hero is a ground/water type so your electric attacks are useless and there's nothing you have to hurt him :smug:"
"Oh yeah well my water superhero has a grass attack and now yours is dead :smug: :smug:"
"But that doesn't make sense ... :smith:"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Thanks for the recommendation to run ice fang over dragon claw on m-aerodactyl. I'm not sure why I didn't do it in the first place since Garchomp is so common, but it works really well against him.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotdoubles-79095607

Do OU Smogon all-star teams ever translate well to doubles ??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

:cruelbert:

e: oh god did they get rid of cruelbert

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Should Aegislash have died of burn damage at the end here or is it a Showdown glitch ??

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotdoubles-85623164

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I just wasn't sure when the end of the match was determined. I assumed he was going to take burn damage and end in a draw

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Hammerite posted:

Even if Aegislash had taken burn damage, since Generation 5 there are no draws whatsoever.

Oh well that's good to know. The last time I did competitive battling really was Gen III. I came across a Baton Passing Ninjask the other day and it was very nostaligic

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Boy will his face be red if he actually looks it up. (Red from anger)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotdoubles-86514137

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Ah some leaked screenshots from Flappy Chesp. Dodge pillars of Ice Beams/Flamethrowers !!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Losing in doubles feels like I'm losing to a better player where losing in singles more often than not feels like I'm losing to better pocket monsters. That's my review of the formats, one love.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

The greatest crime in viability is when adorable pocket monsters pay the price in stats. I'd much rather use the dapper little Murkrow and not the terrible abomination Klefki. Breloom manages to be the cutest bird/dinosaur/kangaroo on the block and still run hog wild though, thankfully

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Last night I had a dream that in Pokemon Z Aegislash gets a move that causes him to faint but bipedal bodytype allies can "equip" him for a 1.5x boost to attack and it replaces their fourth move with King's Shield (both until end of battle of course). Welp thanks for listening

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

If they ban Swagger they better ban everything else that's protected by Safeguard.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Zore posted:

Huh, someone just wonder traded me a shiny Electabuzz.

... man I wish it looked cooler shiny.

Maybe that one guy got tired of insisting he had a pink-lemonade colored one and traded it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Spectacle Rock posted:

So I tried to use the GTS Service in Pokemon X/Y. Are all users of this system a bunch of trolls or are they a bunch of 7 year olds who don't understand supply and demand?

People do reasonable trades a lot, they just get snatched up instantly and all that's left is the Mewtwos for Ratattas

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Xik posted:

I finally beat the game last night and I've had it since release :downs:.

I don't think I've ever lasted long enough in one of these games to actually finish them. What do I do now?

Are you sure you finished X/Y and not Red/Blue

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Cleretic posted:

Also, give him a sand form. Sand is probalby the most used and useful weather effect,so I don't know why the Pokemon entirely built around weather doesn't support it.

What's weird is that even in Gen3 Weather Ball becomes Rock while it's sandstorming but Castform doesn't. Sorry little guy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Amperor posted:

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites

Yeah that's nice Gamefreak but what if my favorite is Beedrill ??

Luckily my favorite is Breloom so I'm safe

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Nihilarian posted:

Am I the only one who finds the German type names funny? FEVER, GIFT and PSYCHO stand out.

It's actually FEUER, and gift is literally the word for poison.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

So this went pretty well I think. Probably going to give Clefable Heal Pulse or Follow Me instead of Fling though

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotdoubles-108600612

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Each Unown should get a moveset consisting only of moves that start with the letter of which it is shaped.

Unown-V @ Expert Belt
Levitate
- V-Create
- Venoshock
- Vacuum Wave
- Volt Switch

• Locked thread