Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

glod posted:

I've been playing the demo for this and oh it's magical. There are so many little RPG convenience options, I'm really excited for the final game. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check the options! Difficulty setting, adjustable encounter rate, even options to not gain EXP/job points/money if you're going for some kind of challenge. There's also the speedup option in battle by pressing right on the d-pad after setting commands.

So if you want to grind, encounter rate+100% and speedup, and if you want to progress the story you can turn the encounter rate down!

Also the game's cute as hell so that helps. :3:

I'm in love with a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can see Bravely Default already being my favorite game of the year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Boss fights wont show up if your encounters are set to zero right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

maketakunai posted:

I dunno about the full game but in the demo, no, they're still just sitting there even at 0%.

I've been through the dungeons that are available in the demo and haven't ran into any bosses yet. Probably something super obvious that I am missing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gamestop has the collectors edition still for those still looking for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Amazon shows as sold out for me still. :( This is on the American site.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not all 3DS games are on the eshop but it appears to only be some of the first 3ds titles. I think Nintendo makes it a requirement now that all games be on the eshop.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When you level a job, does that level apply to all of your characters, or just the character that you leveled it on?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Finally finished the demo, I sunk 10 hours into it. :psyduck: I was going to get the full game yesterday, but everywhere seems sold out of it. I think Amazon have it through resellers, but I'll see can I find it locally. If worst comes to worst I guess I'll just get a digital copy.

If you go digital just make sure you have the memory for it. Its a almost 4gb download.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

Game sales tank after Black Friday until sometime around Febuary.

This year was especially bad, according to Gamestop.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Four White Mages? It'll never work.

Challenge accepted. I have to wait until next week though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

big mean giraffe posted:

What's the job level cap in the full version?

Level 14; http://segmentnext.com/2013/12/08/bravely-default-jobs-guide-stats-abilities-level-and-cost/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am for sure going to buy the cartridge version of Bravely Default. Between it being the biggest 3DS game to date, and eshop turning into a piece of poo poo that Nintendo won't fix, it just isn't worth it to buy digital games for 3DS.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dunban posted:

what the

What exactly is wrong with the eShop?
Also, download speeds have basically never bern an issue in my experience and from what I've heard from others.

The download speeds are fine, when the downloads can actually happen. They stop constantly and you have to go through a long process to start them again. Just getting into the eshop lately has been terrible, it takes me a couple tries. It use to never do this too when I first got my 3DS. Ever since Pokemon X&Y came out though, the eshop has been terrible. It got even worst when that online service for Pokemon came out.

I bought SMTIV a week ago and it took me 20 attempts to download it. I counted. That's when I said gently caress this and will only buy cartridges for now on.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 5, 2014

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Aside from problems relating to Pokemon Bank around Christmas, I don't think anyone else is having any issues with it. I don't think you can blame the eShop.

Yeah, they hosed up with releasing Pokemon Bank at Christmas, and a few things relating to NNIDs, but it all got fixed within a day or two.

I don't have connection issues with any other devices I own, so its eshop for sure.

Nintendo isn't ready for digital distribution, that's okay, i'm really not surprised they are still stuck in the early 90s. I can just buy the cartridge for Bravely Default, like a smart person, and be happy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The voice acting is the only flaw in this game. Otherwise Bravely Default is really really good. I've put in 2 hours so far and i'm really enjoying the combat to the point where i'm just playing at 100% encounter rate.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The main game starts off pretty easy. I'm actually a couple hours in and I feel its still easier then how the demo starts off.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ugh, now I Know why people are a little upset about the game when you reach Chapter 5, that's a bit of a kick in the nuts. Question though; Do I want to do the job unlock bosses over again or can I skip those? There was only one job I didn't get before, and I still have 3 to unlock.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are there any point of no return moments? Like any jobs I should absolutely unlock before I get to a certain point? What happens when I beat the main storyline?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thanks guys! I'm glad the game is pretty reasonable in that regard.

Where are you all grinding? There is a small island in the upper right hand of the map that i've been using, it gives a lot of money and exp, but Job experience not so much, but that's probably true of any part of the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm still in Chapter 5, and i'm going to take on the dragons now so I can unlock the Vampire job. What jobs are you guys using for this part?

Also, almost 19 hours played since Friday, Bravely Default is the most fun i've had with a video game in quite a long time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finally got the Vampire boss dungeon unlocked. The dragons were easy in comparison to this boss, he is kicking my rear end and I haven't been able to come up with a good strategy for beating him yet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FrickenMoron posted:

Rampart is one of the best skills for that one.

Yeah i've been trying to rely on it but it feels like there is still a lot of luck involved? I cast it whenever I can but I still get my rear end beat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

A really big spoiler you should not mouse over:

So it's kind of like the arc in Haruhi where they do Endless Eight? And people watching were all "nah they'll never do it EIGHT WHOLE TIMES come on

Anyway I'll see how I feel when I get there, I haven't even started the game up yet!

This is actually one of those things a lot of people knew about going in, and honestly I would go as far as to say you should know about this going into the game. I'm surprised more people don't talk about it because it's kinda a super lazy design decision that developers should never do.

irlZaphod posted:

There seem to be loads of people who got the game a week after me who are in Chapter 5 already. What the hell? I'm still on Chapter 1 (but possibly at the end of it? I dunno).

I can understand taking your time, but even if you do everything available to you, it doesn't take long at all to get to Chapter 5. Where Bravely Default really gets its length is in the extra content and leveling jobs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hivac posted:

If you aren't classing Agnes for the jobs she's statistically the worst in, you're doing it wrong. :getin:

I intend to master all jobs for all 4 characters. Now if I could just beat the stupid vampire boss. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rangpur posted:

Me: I should test one of these super attacks you borrow from a friend. I'm sure there's some kind of balancing mechanic to keep them from wrecking the difficulty curve.

*Does 9999 damage, instantly 1-shotting the boss.*

Me: :stare:

Not much else to comment on without looking at all the black bars. I originally planned to crank it up to hard as soon as I had a full party but the game seems to provide a healthy challenge on normal already. Money's kinda tight though. Anyway, game owns. 5/5 would Default again.

Once you get to Chapter 4, there are places you'll have access to that makes money a non-issue. I'm glad for this because the game has plenty of grinding otherwise.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The story content is easy, but the side quests can be pretty challenging. From what i've been reading else where, there are a lot of ways you can break the games mechanics too with certain job/ability combinations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I'm level 32 and I still haven't gotten to chapter 2 yet. I'm playing on normal. Am I doing it wrong?

There's no wrong way to play.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is with 10 jobs mastered so far. :kiddo:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Victor and Victoria keep smoking me. I was thinking about using Abate Dark (dunno whichclass gives that) and whatever item nullifies poison.

Take out Victoria first. Focus all of your attention on her.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You know you can take a screenshot of that through your DS right.

Get the screen you want on the top screen, press home, press miiverse, post it to the community and make sure there's a little picture showing up, then copy it here or wherever.

Ooh wow, I thought that only worked for Animal Crossing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like waking up to my village having upgrades, and new villagers added. :unsmith:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strange Quark posted:

Are there any asterisks I'm missing? I'm at the Fire Crystal boss in Chapter 3 and I expected that I would've gotten the quests for at least Pirate and Ninja by now.

You don't get the quest for the pirate, you just come across it while exploring the sea. You want to look for dense fog. There's also one you can't get until Chapter 6.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have 40 hours in Bravely Default now, and I think i'm ready to put it down and go play another game on my 3DS. I have a backlog finally. Bravely Default is still in my opinion a fantastic game and I love it to death. It's really good and I hope there is a sequel.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

February 26th in EU/AUS, there's no specific date for NA yet.

loving.... :qq: This is crazy stupid. The game has been out in Japan for most of 2015, how the hell does it take this long to bring to the U.S.? I really hope the wait is not that much longer for the U.S. once the EU version comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jealous of everyone that gets to play the English demo starting today. :smith:

• Locked thread