Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

I picked Loki because I didn't realize stealth blew so much

Loki owns, regardless of the fact that you can't stealth missions because this isn't a stealth game.

Invisibility is awesome for reviving people in the middle of a big fight. Combine it with Decoy to make sure the enemy stays away (although if you're pressed for slots Invis is probably enough). Radial Disarm is absolutely great (reduces all those big scary special enemies to just running around like idiots for the duration). Even Switch Teleport is okay, though sadly you can't switch on team mates any more.

You can slot Invisibility and Radial Disarm only and then just make a Galatine and charge-attack for 800 damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

Yes you can, you just can't troll them out of the extraction zone any more.

Oh, awesome. In that case, even Switch Teleport is decent, which means Loki has no bad powers. They're all utility powers, but they're all good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Morshu posted:

Have they outright said that warframes are mutated people, and not just weird suits of armor made from the virus? I recall the devs not really outright stating anything, and while I never played Dark Sector, I think Hayden's excal suit could be taken off, and only his arm mutated.

I always got the impression that Warframes are just sapient suits of armour, pretty much - intelligent Tenno weapons, but not people.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Denzine posted:

High shotgun crit rates were a bug and are now fixed.

This is the dumbest thing since the Wraith crit rate was definitely not a bug.

I AM THE MOON posted:

my Ravage mod disappeared. It's just gone. Good thing they nerfed shotgun crits apparently?

Guess I won't be logging in until they hotfix the hotfix.

e; so does damage 2.0 actually make the lovely weapons viable now?

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Nov 21, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
80% of your power in this game comes from having the right (read: best) mods at high levels. Combined with squashing the enemy levels together and the damage review being literally out the gate, that's probably why you're struggling.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Also, the Stalker is a lot stronger than he used to be and has some new abilities.

Presumably, he can still be defeated by two crates stacked on top of each other.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
For some reason, my Warframe now crashes on launch with a generic error. Verifying cache via the launcher does nothing, either. :(

e; disabling 64-bit mode fixed it, it seems, but I'd rather not run in 32-bit mode. :/

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 22, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Charge is Rhino's bad power. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hmm, did Overload/Shock get buffed recently? Volt was still poo poo two months ago.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kanos posted:

Volt benefits hugely from Damage 2.0 because electricity is no longer a lovely garbage damage type like it was in 1.0 and it actually affects infested/armored grineer.

That's what I was hoping. loving awesome, I guess I'll dust him off and try to learn to live without Iron Skin for a minute.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Schubalts posted:

"They locked you out? That's cute."

Yeah, can we replace Lotus entirely with Darvo? Darvo seems like a cool dude; he apologises for asking you to hack more terminals, unlike Lotus who's poo poo at her job and never apologises. :argh:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I've been putting pretty much just whatever on my Rhino, but can anyone recommend a better mod loadout?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Piell posted:

Get rid of Vitality, you should always have Iron Skin up and if that goes down you should still have plenty of shields to soak damage before you put Iron Skin back up. I'd probably ditch Continuity as well, it really only makes a difference on Roar. Then put on Focus and max out Streamline.

Helter Skelter posted:

I'd drop Continuity and get Focus (if you have it) in there instead.

Aside from that I'd get Streamline ranked up to max and replace Marathon with Rush (or just put Rhino Charge back in there).

Right now, Vitality, Continuity and Marathon are in there pretty much just because I've got nothing else to spend my mod points on that would even make a difference. Sadly, I don't have Focus.

I think I'm going to forma the top left slot to a -. Good/bad idea?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Piell posted:

Good idea. In my opinion you should always use polarize a power slot first (well, that or the aura slot), because all frames have at least one lovely power that isn't worth slotting.

My first forma was the aura slot, so I could take full advantage of the bonus points from Energy Siphon.

e; I need to forma my Wraith so I can put more mods on it, but I'm sort of reluctant given its current damage...

That's at 23. I'll be able to fit 15 more mod points by the time it's 30.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 29, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Rhino is probably the second easiest frame to level behind Nova. Just run Xini or any of the other usual mobdefs a few times, you'll be back up to 30 in no time thanks to Roar + Stomp.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Vauban Chassis Alert is up for the next 15 or so minutes anyone who is currently up

Dear DE: please stop doing Vauban chassis and helmet alerts during the day, and the systems alerts when I'm not available. I've had chassis and helmet for two months now, systems is the one I need. :argh:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
What the gently caress are extractors and how did I miss the part where they were patched into the game?

e; vv thanks.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 3, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Oh a look a life support capsule! Outdoors. In atmosphere.

:downs:

Just because there's an atmosphere doesn't mean it's breathable! Maybe that complex is currently in the middle of a deadly fart storm, so you need to release condensed pot-pourri fragrance into the air at regular intervals.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mogomra posted:

Is there any game that's on PC and consoles that allow cross-platform multiplayer?

The Shadowrun FPS that launched Games for Windows Live had it - cross-platform play was actually one of the big selling points for GfWL originally. Even with mouse controls being handicapped (negative accel and a turn rate cap), the disparity in skill levels between the two platforms was so bad that it resulted in GfWL going from an XBL-style sub service to a free social/DRM platform and cross-platform dying there and then.

It has nothing to do with certification and patches, but I still like telling the story.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Aw, I really liked the new minimap look.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

madpanda posted:

On volt I only have 1 mod slot to improve movement, whats going to give me the most bang for my buck sprint speed, max stamina, stamina regen, or power duration to boost the superspeed power?

Power duration, definitely. It will also help Electric Shield.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Ammo counts and drops have been so hosed in this game forever. Seeing the Penta have like 600 rounds stock before any mods was a bit alarming.

Compare to the Grakata or Soma which just farts through ammo like nobodies business. The drops should be like percentage based. You pick up 10% of your ammo max or something.

There's no reason why they couldn't just add new ammo types, like "explosives" for the ogris/penta, or "energy" for the ignis/flux rifle, and give them max amounts that are balanced.

Or failing that, at least make the explosive guns use sniper ammo instead of rifle ammo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Vriess posted:

discovered in my collections that I only got the MK-1 Braton to level 29 before trashing it.

God drat it.

It's not worth the 100 mastery XP. Don't do this to yourself.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sandweed posted:

There is a goon that works at DICE and he posts in the BF4 thread sometimes.

Yes, but he ended up being scared out of the BF3 thread back in the day, despite being an audio guy.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SlayVus posted:

Rank to 30 for the Mastery points or else you have to relevel the weapon back to where you had it then to 30.

You won't have to, there's more than enough weapons and frames in the game right now to get you to the highest ML you need to access stuff.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Maximize power duration and then get rid of all the abilities that aren't Speed.

His damage powers actually do damage now, since they're electricity.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Piell posted:

The results for the new community melee weapons are in!

Those are good picks by DE, although the tonfa are a little boring and I would've also preferred the DRILL PUNCH.

Sword & board is a good first place with melee 2.0. I hope they stick with the idea of having it holstered on the arm with the equip animation the dude concepted, it would look awesome.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jan 30, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

echronorian posted:

Quick noob question here: I put together the rhino chassis in the foundry but I can't find where I equip it. When I go to the arsenal menu and highlight my current one (excalibur) it pulls up a menu for different builds. The rhino chassis still says I need 375 plat to unlock. Where do I find what I built?

The chassis isn't something you equip, it's one of three components required to build the frame. You need to get the blueprints for the Rhino systems and the Rhino helmet and build those, then you can buy the Rhino blueprint for credits and build it by using the chassis, systems and helmet (which takes 72 hours).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gestalt Intellect posted:

It seriously makes me wonder why they haven't gone back and made like, a tiny bit of effort to un-lame the starting weapons that newbies still have to play with. They release a new weapon every single week but there's still only like 2 things we can tell them to get, and they're all really boring compared to the awesome stuff you can suddenly get all at once right around mastery level 4 or so.

They should just remove the MK1 and stock Lato and have the regular Braton and Lato Vandal be the starting weapons, instead of having the starter weapons be utter garbage.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I'm pretty confused by the card system and the whole inventory/game in general, and I just got the furthest I've ever gotten in a survival wave defense type mission(wave 15) on one of the last Venus ships/stations or whatever. But, the problem is, I saw loot popups for a new warframe and a sentinel, both of which I don't have any of at the moment, and when I checked my inventory after the game they weren't there. Was I just tripping out or what?

Did you lose? If you lose, you get none of the loot.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's not really worth buying Rhino with plat, since he's pretty easy to just get the components for.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Can someone post a list of all the rare/nightmare/etc. mods that are actually good and hard to get, so people know when not to fuse duplicates? I'd like to know which ones to keep to give to goons who need them.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cassa posted:

What is it about the Carrier that it's the OPs recommended Sentinel?

Vacuum is the best ability (no more having to walk over loot to collect it, it just hoovers it up for you!) and the shotgun is literally the best sentinel gun and good enough to potato and forma.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Yeah just bring him into an Apollodorus run and he'll pull enough xp to equip vacuum. Make sure that Striker (its attack skill) goes in the bottom right sentinel mod slot so that he it actually uses any abilities instead of constantly firing the shotgun.

Or don't, put it in the top right so he prioritises hoovering poo poo up > killing everything with sweeper > everything else. :getin:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sandweed posted:

Guardian is more important than Striker, him killing stuff don't help if you are dead.

Wait, there are frames other than Rhino in this game?!?!?!

(Realtalk: yes, you're totally right.)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Jesus Christ, who thought putting the Penta in the game was balanced or fair? :psyduck: It completely breaks the game in half, it's amazing.

At least make it use sniper ammo, DE! That would make more sense than giving me 545 grenades that do ~800 damage each before Split Chamber.

Szurumbur posted:

I've almost gathered enough credits to buy a normal Braton, but I have a question about Mastery - I understand that weapon affinity is one way to raise it, so should I still use the Mk-I Braton in order to maximize its affinity? According to the wiki, the weapon affinity is the biggest component of Mastery EXP, but would I obtain rank 8-10 without maxing many weapons? I don't really want to grind this rifle, I want to sell it and forget about it :(

You'll need to max a quite a few weapons to reach ML7-8, but there's more than enough ingame that you'll never need to max the Mk1. The only reason you'd do that is if you want to reach ML15 or whatever the current theoretical maximum is, which is completely pointless since new stuff stops at ML8.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nitrox posted:

Am I the only person happy with the current system? You want to cast more poo poo? Go fetch the fuel for it. Sounds pretty fair

The reason it's lovely is that you're perpetually starved for energy until you max an efficiency mod and everyone has maxed Energy Siphons, at which point you can spam your ult like nothing else, enemies drop energy faster than you can use it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Conot posted:

Energy is inefficient until you have mods and the levels to slot it? Holy crap batman, that almost sounds like a progression system!

It's as if this "progression system" completely trivialises the energy mechanic in the first place! It doesn't take a genius to see why having a limiting mechanic that is completely nullified by a few random drops is poo poo design.

Cooldowns aren't the solution either. They need to remove Energy Syphon and efficiency mods (or at least make them cap at something really low), put in a passive energy regen, and stop making every single ability cost one of three energy values instead of giving abilities different costs based on how useful/good they are.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AzureRequiem posted:

So I'm not at Uranus or Sedna in the star map yet, but what exactly are invasions?

Every now and then a system is earmarked for "invasion," which means that several nodes will have a special event where you pick a side (Grineer or Corpus) and can go and play a special exterminate mission where you fight alongside the faction you chose. If you do it a certain number of times (usually 5), you get a special reward once people have played the mission enough times for one side to win that conflict.

There's also infestations, where one of the sides is always the Infested and the missions usually take three runs instead of five and have a lower payout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hog Butcher posted:

Ignis should just be constantly fed potatoes until you notice that everything in the cone just starts dying.

FYI, "potato" isn't a forma, it's an Orokin reactor/catalyst (you can only have one on a gun).