Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Total newbie, just applied to AKGOONS. Having a good time so far! I got to Venus, made the mistake of going back to Cetus to follow up on some quest email and got murdered repeatedly in the open-world area by horrible floating heads with blue lasers. I'm just going to skip that for now, I hope it's a case of "zone unlocks too early" and not "all enemies take this long to kill."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Today I press the Claim button on my first non-Excalibur war frame (Rhino, natch) and my Hek, which some kind goon gifted me the must-have mods for :getin:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Nalesh posted:

Being forced to gild a weapon and spend 3 forma even if you don't need to do either anymore.

To be fair the Nightwave event also gives you a pack of 3 forma, but most people probably unlocked and used them last week :v: being a scrub worked out for me this time though!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Vegastar posted:

With nightwave, I don't see why not re-instate part of the old alerts system while continuing to roll with the credits shop idea.

Give the daily NW quests a resource reward, like 300 oxiuim or plastids or something, just a little bonus cache.

Mid-tier 3000 point missions get some helmets and aura mods on rotation weekly.

Elites get one 5 nitain stack, a potato blueprint and a forma blueprint or something.

Give the random invasion captures a reward of 5 credits each, maybe. Nothing huge.

Keep the shop, stop rotating auras and helmets around. Just stock them all permanently. Then people can do focused buys every week or so for poo poo they really want, instead of being at the RNG mercy of what freebies are stuck to the missions for the week, or can buy pre-built potatoes as they can now.

Seems like a nice little incentive while also not forcing a massive grind for everything, and acts as a less obnoxious artificial progress gate for newer folks.

EDIT: also maybe rotate some stance mods through the NW shop, considering what an idiotic grind some of those are (I'm looking at you, Crushing Ruin). Especially in light of the death of incursions from PoE, which was basically the only way to get some of them.

If you’re going to put rare stuff linked to the mid-tier challenges, then I would say remove the challenges that depend on having a certain amount of standing. I couldn’t do three of the 3000/5000 point missions last week because I’m a new player and couldn’t get to the required Vallis/Cetus standings, which, gently caress that.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I had a bit of trouble with the MR9 test, which I took last week. The second area can be a bit rough if you don’t have enemy sense because you can’t necessarily see where the second floor guys are, so bring a source of enemy sense. The third area is tricky until you realize the enemies can’t see the top of the columns, so just hop up there and slam down as necessary.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Good Warframe weekend! Really starting to build up a stable of powerful frames, and just this weekend alone I put 5 frames in build:

Ivara (I somehow got very lucky with drop rates)
Loki (thanks for playing, Loki)
Oberon Prime (an extremely kind goon gifted me the part I was missing before this sucker gets vaulted)
Mesa Prime (which I managed to assemble all by myself)
Saryn Prime (joined a pub relic game this weekend and someone brought along the relic with the 70-plat part, so I figured out how to use the market and finished the set)

The trouble is that I’m having so much fun with Nezha. I slotted in Cunning Drift, Maglev, Rush and Amalgam Serration and I can conclude that no frame should have this power. I go incredibly fast but if I hit the wrong direction I’m basically sliding off into space for five embarrassing seconds.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

rotaryfun posted:

Ooooh so if I have a ton of relics that could drop an item of a vaulted prime, they are still viable drops from the relic. The relic drop table itself doesn't actually change.

EDIT: thank you. makes sense.

Also if someone else brings one of those relics into a fissure, you can choose that reward (yet another reason why playing with <4 people in a fissure is throwing your relics down a hole). I've found a surprising amount of people throwing around old relics in public games - in fact just the other day I got the expensive piece of Saryn Prime from one, and I got a Helios Prime part yesterday.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

My big horrible time gate right now is Forma. The slow drip is a mid-game nightmare because I’m trying to create endgame-worthy weapons and frames but I also want the dozens of weapons that require Forma to build. It’s almost like they did it on purpose!

The one thing I will call out as a legitimate grievance is that Forma should not be on a 24-hour timer. Nothing should be on a 24-hour timer. It creates an unpleasant pressure to click the button the second the timer finishes or accept that it’ll keep sliding to the right until eventually you’re either staying up late or missing a day. Make it 23 hours, give people some room to breathe.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

And if you’re in the GOON clan please post in alliance as much as possible, AKGOON clan chat is pretty much silent. If you’re a new player, do not join AKGOON.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I adopted a newbie earlier when i was using an ignis wraith to clear something quick and they were like “oh my god what is that”

The lesson learned is this: Ignis Wraith bps are very cheap for the small few who can conjure them on demand, so when you turn MR9 and get your free goon BP, ask for a few extra to hand out to clueless newbies.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

MutaQuanta was my very first riven :smith:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I was extremely ready to start complaining about these Nightwave missions but to be honest the two weird elite ones aren’t that bad and you can get them done in one mission. Playing an hour is meh but assuming you get with a goon group (which I guess you’re required to) it won’t be too bad. Plus, who doesn’t need kuva?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

If you're an unobservant dummy like me, please note that the Prisma Shade that the Baro is selling is not a Prisma cosmetic or skin (despite being wedged in between them) but actually the first Sentinel to be given a Prisma variant.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

it's really loving bad, the sight lines are abysmal and also it's huge, like 2-3 times the size of the old, good index map and maybe half again as big as the old crappy one

radar used to be helpful but not mandatory, now i wouldn't play index without it

Really? I don't know why but they tend to pool up in that little room next to the enemy goal, so I normally have no trouble finding enemies on that map. I was playing it yesterday and a couple times there were even enough enemies around to pose a threat.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I found 19 to be extremely easy. Bring the Excal Umbra sword that makes you invisible after finishers and some kind of enemy radar and just scoot around the map killing all the enemies. There’s only like 8 of them and once they’re dead you can’t fail. Best to try it in practice first though!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

el dingo posted:

I need some advice I reckon. I'm at a point where I'm struggling with some void missions solo. I've got a few potatoes available to shove into a frame (volt or rhino probably) but idk if I really have the mods available to get much out of it. I've started doing nightmare missions to try and get some slightly better ones but nothing really stands out. Got a couple of good rifle and pistol mods, nothing much for frames.

I don't know if instead I should be focussing on nabbing a couple of better weapons - still using atomos and hek when stuff needs killing. The hek has a few goon gifted mods and a potato. Atomos is potatoed with stuff I've found along the way.

Or maybe I should be trying to get a particular frame. I've got frost, Oberon, volt and rhino (not many I know, I should really hunt down more) but I've no idea what.

Or maybe I should be hunting down particular mods to make what I've got better. Basically just need a point in the right direction.

I'm MR7 with all planets unlocked - still need to get around to unlocking all the nodes tho, its hard to motivate myself to do certain ones like AW/spy/whatever

Unless there's a specific reason why you're going solo, don't. This will solve most of your problems. If someone's using a weapon/frame that looks cool, check out what it is on the post-battle screen and go after it. If you're curious about what mods to get, hop on the discord and ask. I don't mean to sound rude or dismissive, but I also started out expecting to go solo and it's just not really what this game is for.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

gaj70 posted:

If you skip the fights, do you get the nice "run here next" HUD icons?

When you enter the (always suspiciously wide-open) room he's in, the "run here next" thing disappears. But it was on the correct exit before it disappeared, so all you have to do is remember vaguely where it was and you'll be ok.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

We Know Catheters posted:

The game is no longer fun. Nightwave ruined it and the new boss and mode don't do anything to solve it.

I'm trying my hardest to be understanding and sympathetic but how could a series of completely optional challenges that don't all have to be completed with good but not meta-essential rewards possibly ruin a video game

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Plague Star is live now, come shower yourself in Forma

Also if you're new like me, note that you get more standing rewards by cooking up stuff to add to the toxin. The blueprint for the "Infested Catalyst" is available via the clan dojo bio lab and the blueprint for the "Eidolon Phylaxes" is available from Nakah, who is the standing store person for the event. So I guess you have to do one mission first before you can get the latter. Also, don't touch the boil.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Go to the clan bio lab and get Infested Catalyst and craft+equip that
Do the Plague Star bounty from Konzu, which involves:
* Go steal some toxin
* Go start a mixer, where you will want to activate your Infested Catalyst (it wants 4, so 1 per person ideally)
* Defend mixer
* Go do an objective where not-Lephantis will spawn, kill infested and it
Use your new standing to rank up from Nakak, redeem the Eidolon Phylaxis and craft that and use it alongside Infested Catalyst going forwards (it increases difficulty + standing reward)

I've only actually done this once but I also read the wiki so I think this is right

That's about it really, remember to equip your phylaxis/catalyst in the gear wheel before starting. Also the standing caps (prior to max level) are pretty dumb so you need to remember to rank up with Nakak every single time.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The Wukong rework is live! Now nobody will judge you for using Wukong, at least not out loud!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Oh Jesus god Solaris United please put those heads back away where I don’t have to see them :gonk:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The friction is the reason it’s a problem. I normally see that in syndicate missions, where some people want to blast through and others want to medallion hunt. I also had one guy roll in to the Void capture mission that attempted to comb the entire map for Argon Crystals (I say attempted because the rest of the team extracted). It’s cool if people want to stop and smell the flowers, but if I have a limited amount of time to play and have a specific goal in mind, then how do we resolve that?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the solution is to simply play solo when you want to explore the map. it's quite unlikely that 3 complete strangers will cooperate, especially since so few people in wf communicate at all during missions.

Playing solo is definitely an option for people that want to explore, and I often do that for medallion hunts. I just don’t like the missions (like medallion hunts) where there are such starkly different ways to play. Warframe does have a few examples of queueing for intent (Eidolon bounties, Orbs) but those are mostly on open world bosses where it’d be untenable otherwise.

And yeah nobody ever communicates, and then they get mad at you for not doing what they wanted. 9 times out of 10 I’ll help people out if they just tell me what they want to do.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Legs Benedict posted:

except for when it absolutely doesn’t want to detect that you have discord nitro and you can’t get the fuckin bundle

It's an unbelievable pain in the rear end and I'm not trying to let discord off the hook here (and you may already know this, but this is for anyone who doesn't) but there's a workaround for that - make a desktop shortcut to the launcher.exe file in steamapps\common\warframe\tools\, then add
code:
-cluster:public -registry:Discord
to the end of the Target box. Launch Warframe using that shortcut and it should allow you to claim the Nitro rewards (go to market, search for Nitro).

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The corpus have that one weird storyline with the Ambulas that I totally missed and only learned about because they’re a sortie boss. So that’s fun?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The old school halflife server lists were gross but extremely functional. Recruitment channel should theoretically serve the functionality of matchmaking groups with goals, but to be honest I’ve never used it.

Also I had a powerful ESO curse yesterday. One time I ended up falling endlessly through a void with the conduit timer permanently at 00:00. then the next time I got a host migration at 3 seconds to the conduit, the stage restarted, but no enemies spawned. Good!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Zephyr Deluxe is just what Zephyr Prime should have looked like instead of the overdesigned nightmare that she is

Although on the subject of overdesigned nightmares I am going to play Gauss so much

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Pictured: my new sideburns cat, sentenced by the Arbiters for the crime of being too ugly to live

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I just nezha through spy vaults. Go fast and have his 3 up to totally ignore all staggers, knockbacks, and enemies. If an enemy is really annoying you, put them on a pole with his 4 and forget about them. And don’t forget he can teleport with his 2!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I bought the k-drive on special. It’s not a bad idea if you got the plat - saves you time grinding 20K rep just to be able to see where the races are on the map. That should definitely be available to the default board but lol.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Pomp posted:

I just unlocked limbo, not sure how to build him. I feel like I'm supposed to road roller over everything with hella rift energy, so strength/range?

Why do you hate the rest of us :(

I guess min range max duration if you have to but at the end of the day it's still like a much more annoying version of Gara/Frost's gimmick.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

merry_trootsmas posted:

Oh no, did the discord invite link expire?

Stand by on that one, the admins are working some stuff. Should be back up later today.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Gara is my favorite frame for mobdef and endless missions. She also scales well for sorties. I like to give her duration to make my life a bit easier, otherwise my 2 expires too quickly and it's a pain in the rear end. I also gave her Primed Flow so that I don't have to worry about her woeful energy pool. The good news is that Gara needs maybe one survival mod because lol 90% DR, so she has room for those mods.

If you want more energy (and this works well with Primed Flow), try out her Spectrosiphon augment mod. It gives enemies within Gara's 3 a 50% chance to drop an energy orb.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I have won the victory over myself and now I love Garuda. She can do so much damage and keep healing! It’s just a shame that while I’m busy playing Flight of the Bumblebees on my 1-4 keys, someone else is deleting the entire room with a single Volt 4.

Anyone use her for ESO? I’m worried about having to deal with Simaris’s poo poo. Spamming Garuda abilities is the point of Garuda!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Boss that is only available after you max your ventkid reputation for the day, it drops a warframe but the neuro is 10% the chassis is 10% the systems is 50% and there is a 30% of getting Ammo crate.

It can only be damaged with K-drives, it's health scales with more players who might not have the damage mods, there is no indication before the fight you need these mods.

The mods only drop from the boss and you’re not guaranteed that a mod will drop. Also, they’re not mods, they’re Arcanes.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

de_steve just revealed the Gauss crafting costs on stream

Here's the ingredients:

Gauss Neuroptics
Gauss Chassis
Gauss Systems
Some Orokin Cells

edit: he later revealed them for real, https://clips.twitch.tv/PlacidAliveJackalCclamChamp thanks notpsion but summary: some plains/vallis stuff, nothing too cosmic, the guns will need hexenon though

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 29, 2019

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The biggest gripe I have with the mobdef archwing mission is the Hallway Heroes who fly out of affinity range before eating up half the exp. Like, we’re all here for exp, so simmer down. This is also why the fluctus is the best gun: you can sit on the defense target and still have the range to blow up enemies in their hallway to your heart’s content. You can even do it out of affinity range of them!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

My favorite Lenz maneuver is shooting off an arrow then being downed and slowly reeled into the death zone by a Scorpion or Ancient. It really gives me time to reflect on my mistakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Some content (looking at you, open world) gives really low XP for how long it takes. If you’re just leveling it up that way, it’s a really long time to lug around a Snipetron with 20ish mod space. NSO isn’t the most exciting mode to play but if your arguments are a) you want to MR every weapon, no matter how boring and b) you want to minimize your time using those boring weapons then I would suggest using NSO for the junk.

On the other hand, I’m more than happy to level this Prisma Gorgon (that already has a potato and a couple forma in it) by using it.