Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
BG2:EE patch is live:

quote:

Patch 1.2.2030

Performance Improvements

#7036: Memory leaks with ground piles no longer an issue
#6994: Saving the game from the “Quit Game” menu now generates a proper screenshot and portraits for the Load Game screen
#6902: The game UI no longer flashes on screen before starting the game (Black Pits II).
#7047: Pressing the up or down arrows on the Record screen no longer crashes the game.

General Enhancements

#7010: Action icons are now much more clearly active or inactive (active buttons are no longer gray-scaled).
#7011: Multi-class kit names now display correctly in the statistics panel of the Record screen (Jaheira’s classes, for example, now list “Fighter” and “Druid” instead of “Fighter/Druid” and “Fighter/Druid”).
#4605: Creature spawns no longer disappear when loading a saved game.
#6942: Speaking characters now display the white feedback circle under their avatars regardless of the setting in Options > Gameplay > Feedback.
#6991: The Options screen from the main menu now displays the game logo correctly.
#7026: Neera now waits near the entrance to the Hidden Refuge if you refuse to let her join the party in the Wild Forest.
#7032: Neera's "Wooden Horse Necklace" is now properly treated as a magical protection item.
#7048: The blindness effect during the Blinding Sun trial now correctly offers a saving throw.
#7040: The collarbell's deafness effect now wears off properly after resting.
#7046: NPC dialogue loop with Hexxat, Dorn, and Rasaad closed in the Underdark.
#7014: Timmoth's dialogue no longer forms an infinite loop (Black Pits II).
#6955: Bards with the Set Spiked Trap high-level ability may now correctly set the trap. (Requires a new game to take effect if your bard is already at least level 24.)
#7008: Timmoth's dialogue no longer displays "no valid replies or links" after talking about a confrontation with the Winged (Black Pits II)
#7027: Hexxat no longer talks to herself while talking to Haer'Dalis.
#7053: Dorn's patron is no longer mentioned during Bodhi's scene if Dorn has no patron at that point.
#7059: Hexxat no longer teleports away during the Bodhi "kidnapping" sequence.
#7061: Dragomir no longer disappears after resting in another area.
#7062: Dorn no longer repeats his post-sparring romance talk after the player rejects his advances.
#7068: Stannel no longer gives away the ending like a jerk (Black Pits II).
#7071: Hexxat no longer bugs the player to hurry up and get to Dragomir's Tomb...if the player is already there.
#7072: The new (EE) NPCs no longer appear as options in Phaere's dialogue if they are not currently in the party.
#7087: WIlson's claws are now flagged as magical weapons.
#7088: Dennaton no longer transports into the arena by the effects of Striv's Wrangler (Black Pits II).
#6165: Slings and throwing daggers no longer grant a THAC0 bonus from Strength.
#7076: Weapon Mastery (as well as High Mastery and Grand Mastery) now grants the correct (as advertised) bonuses to THAC0, Damage, and APR.
#7097: Fallen Rangers and Dragon Disciples now list their correct class names on the Record screen and in their Kit Descriptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Airfoil posted:

On Steam, or just Beamdog's service?

This is from the Baldur's Gate forum thread and I'm using the Beamdog manager, so not sure about Steam. Thread is here and there's some chatter about Steam being ready on the same day.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

MrTheDevious posted:

It actually is BG2 Tweaks, because I had the same problem.

This. Be careful what you install with the G3 tweak pack, it hasn't been tested or upgraded for BG2:EE. I've limited my install to ammo, gem and potion stacking because anything that messes with item or kit changes can do bad things. For instance, allowing Cromwell to upgrade TOB items breaks his dialogs.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
This shouldn't come as a surprise. Remember that in the last BG thread there was a guy who would spend dozens of hours farming mobs via a bug (or something to that effect), while refusing to just Shadowkeeper or console in the extra experience because that would totally be cheating, man.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

DeathChicken posted:

Either that or it's a gimmicky/amusing way to make myself use new characters. Replaced Xan with Kivan long enough to slaughter the bandit camp. Surprisingly no one died there. Just had to send a couple of people to occupy the mages, incapacitate the poison archer and leave someone else to lead the ogre and bodyguards on a wild goose chase. It's usually far more of a headache.

Fair enough, I can't begrudge trying out all the NPCs at least once. The first time I picked up Jan in BG2 I hit myself for waiting so long to play with him in the party.

Factor_VIII posted:

Have you tried scrolls of protection from magic or undead? In my last game I took him out with an Fighter/Mage/Cleric wielding the Staff of Rynn +4 and the Ring of the Ram while under the protection of Spell Immunity: Abjuration.

Scrolls of protection from undead are the ultimate lich cheese. The rest of your party can hang by the exit while one guy with a +4 weapon whacks away while the lich/Kangaxx just stands there. If you're fast enough you can get from the city gates lich to the bridge district lich to Kangaxx before the timer on the protection runs out. (you need to get the bones from the sewers lich first, of course.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Wingless posted:

So it turns out back-engineering the PC into a different class and alignment is remarkably easy once you get ShadowKeeper working with Enhanced Edition.

Shadowkeeper can cause your saves to be irrevocably deleted when the enhanced edition is patched through Beamdog and possibly Steam. You want to use EEKeeper.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Excelzior posted:

This keeps getting said but has never happened to me yet with Steam, where exactly does this info come from? p. sure it's only Beamdog tbh

Yea, that's entirely possible. I think the Shadowkeeper fix has something to do with moving folders or registry pointers so that it can find the save files, which confuses the patch process into nuking the new save game directory. But really, there's no reason to use Shadowkeeper at all since EE Keeper is fully functional.

Here's the warning from the Beamdog launcher for anyone who is curious.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
The ring of danger sense in BG2 can help dual class thieves with sub-par detect traps skill.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

zedprime posted:

A fighter hitting for 15 3 times every turn is a monster force you will never notice cause its happening so fast with little effort on the players part. A thief backstabbing for 45 once per round looks super impressive and takes the players attention making it somehow more interesting even though its a fraction of what a front line tank can do.

A thief with a good staff that gibs the opposition spellcaster for 150+ damage before the fight even starts beats your fighter who can't connect because of the mage's protections every time.

:smuggo:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
God help me for doing so, but I had to cross post this from the pyf meme thread in case anyone wants to create a new nightmare-fuel portrait for Edwin.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Rookersh posted:

So, what's the Charisma requirement to keep Viconia/Keldorn from fighting? I remember when I last played I had both of them in my part from intro to the end of ToB with no conflicts, but then again I think I had something like 25 Charisma by the end of that game.

Also is there any way to get her to not leave at 19 Rep? I assume I'll have to use a mod, so is there a mod that works with the EE?

The "NPCs complain but don't leave" and "NPCs don't fight" components of the Gibberings 3 tweak pack seem to work, but be very careful what additional components you install. Many of the item and proficiencies tweaks don't function as intended with the enhanced edition. You can end up with broken dialogs and item descriptions replaced with journal entries. I'm running with only the 2 NPC tweaks, unlimited stacking potions/arrows/scrolls/etc., and max HP on level up and I haven't run into any problems.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Factor_VIII posted:

From what I've gathered from these threads, people just toss it into a bag of holding and promptly forget about its existence.

Or you can let the romance progress to the point where she has the dialog about the baby being born, then send her packing. It's a particularly evil and mean-spirited dialog. :devil:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
If by better you mean that's the end of her quest until BG2:EE, then yes.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

JustJeff88 posted:

I badly wish that they had gotten Michael Dorn to do his voice, for oh so many reasons.

Doesn't Michael Dorn already show up in a couple dream sequences as Bhaal?

Aaaaand just before I hit post I realized what the joke was... Duh...

:ughh:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Only humans can dual-class. All races except humans can multi-class.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Factor_VIII posted:

Question regarding EE NPC quests in ToB. Do their quests end as follows or is there more to them? Neera's quest ends when Stass Tan sends you away? Rasaad's when the shadow creatures destroy his nemesis and you escape the shadow plane? Dorn's when you modify the scroll in the heavens and then leave? If they don't end at these points, is there somewhere or some point where they continue?

Speaking of ToB quests, Rassad question. Does anyone know where the "special grog" is for the Deepstone Dwarves or is a frontal assault to the only option?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Factor_VIII posted:

The leader of the guards outside the door has it. If you want to go through the tunnel you need to kill the outside guards to take it from them. Just don't enter through the front door.

Solid, thanks for the help. Is there any advantage to doing it this way instead of a frontal assault?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mickey McKey posted:

The Matron did not have duplicates of anything I pickpocketed (Rogue Stones, some other gems, and a ring) after she was slayed by the Pit Fiend or whatever it was that she summoned.

I believe EE patched out the duplicate item exploit across the board, so you'll only ever get one Ring of Gaxx / Ring of the Ram / etc.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

bunnielab posted:

Now that I have my Evil/CN PC into BG2 I am starting a good PC run in BG1. I want to use Neera and Rasaad but I am having huge issues keeping Raseed alive. W/o armor he gets hit constantly and doesn't have the HP to last long enough for me to heal him. Does anyone have any tips for keeping him alive until I can get some levels on him?

Give him a handful of darts and keep him out of melee.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mickey McKey posted:

Will Freedom work on someone that the spell cant target, though? Though you just cast it in an area, dont you? I would have had to console it in because I was in the Planar Sphere, but I will keep that in mind for the future if it (apparently?) bugs out again.

I believe freedom works for the entire map you're on. You could be at the gates of Ust Natha and still free the imprisoned mage near the elemental gates.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

JustJeff88 posted:

What is the maximum possible raw points roll in the BG games? Has anyone established it? I've seen 100 exactly once and only once, and I nearly fell out of my chair because I didn't think triple digits possible that possible. Presumably the ideal would be 108 (18 x 6 = 108), but I don't really know.

It's 108, which you can achieve by enabling cheats in the .ini file and hitting CRTL + SHIFT + 8 at the stats screen during character creation.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

gender illusionist posted:

Yup, that was exactly what I got. The only mod I'm using is the latest tweak pack.

FYI most dialog, item description or item addition options in the tweak pack will break dialog and descriptions throughout the game. I don't think it has been updated for EE. Item stacking works, but not much else.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

gender illusionist posted:

I think the only component I used that might have affected it would be the fatigue removal from restoration spells, if the description is changed.

I'm pretty sure I installed that and didn't have any problems. When I said not much else works I meant not much in the way of item modifications work. Did you install the added IWD weapons? I think that's what it was called and that's what hosed the dialogs and item descriptions for me.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
I believe that taking any of the non-good paths to gathering Bhaal's tears (killing the djinn to keep Blackrazor, using the nymph skin cloak, killing the dragon, etc.)) results in an instant alignment change to evil.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/level1npcs/

You don't need Shadowkeeper anymore.

Unfortunately this doesn't work with EE, if I remember correctly.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Are you the guy who wrote a script and OCR that rerolled the character stats for hours and hours instead of just hitting ctrl-8 like a sane person?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Should I wait until getting the Mirrored Cloak before facing any Beholders or is there an easier way?

Buy Bauldran's shield from Deirdre in The Adventurer's Mart and solo the Beholder dungeon with anyone who can use a shield.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Is there any word on a release date for Siege of Dragonspear?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Washout posted:

The shield of spell reflection I can't recall the name, or put a mustard jelly out front to tank all the magic damage via polymorph while you archer them to death or whatever, or a bunch of summoned monsters or undead tanking. To deal with the illithid lair I used a ton of summoned undead buffed with everything I could buff them with. Luckily the Beholders area is not very big so even if you have to resummon after every fight it won't take that long, the illithid lair is the hardest part imo.

The shield of Balduran reflects beholder gazes and makes the beholder lair a joke. It's available for purchase from Diedre in the Adventurers Mart, I believe.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
The dumbest thing was the guy that wrote some kind of OCR script to auto reroll and save the best stats, then left it running overnight but it's totally not cheating man, I'm just taking advantage of the engine and I'd never use shadowkeeper.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
When the gently caress is Siege of Dragon spear coming out?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ilyich posted:

Sounds like a BG2 Tweaks component, rather than SCS.

Yeah, there's a tweak that lets you reveal the first area or the whole forest pre-bandit camp raid.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
You can also install the G3 tweak pack and change party reputation behaviour, among many other things.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Woolie Wool posted:

What is the typical goon opinion of the removing identification option in BG2 Tweaks? I know it's technically cheating but it seems like removing pointless busywork from what should be a reward (finding a cool item).

I do it because I've played through the game so many times I know what everything is anyways.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Woolie Wool posted:

Is there anything worth looting in the Firewine dungeons? I've heard it's both difficult and unrewarding.

Not really unless you still have the idol from that dig site and you want to hang onto the knight's armor in Firewine without completing the quest and hand both into Ulcaster's ghost for a cursed Longsword that's pretty much useless other than as an exploit to slowly heal your party by giving to a regenerating party member (20+ CON) and having them attack the NPC that needs healing.

You can enter the other end of the dungeon in one of the huts in Gullykin after outing one of the halflings as a traitor who let the kobolds into the village and easily complete the Gullykin quest.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Keldorn doesn't leave you if you do his quest, there is a dialog option to release him for a day to be with his family and then you can come back in 24 hours to pick him up again. In fact, he will leave if you go to the Government District with him and you don't do his quest. I believe every part of it is on a timer.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
I believe that much of Valygar's content was cut during development because they were running out of time, to the point they were pretty close to scrapping him as an NPC.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kavak posted:

He's got a ton of banter, so I don't think so. Maybe someone else was nearly cut?

I think he was initially supposed to be romanceable, maybe that's what I was thinking.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

cheesetriangles posted:

If I use the wardstone to bypass the shadowdragon can I go back and fight him later or if I finish the quest does he despawn?

He'll still be there but the advantage of doing it with the wardstone is that you'll be able to set traps, cast summons, and fire the first salvo. I believe he notices you right away if you return (or linger too long in the first place).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sleep of Bronze posted:

Nah, the wardstone works just as well whenever you need it.

I'm pretty sure I've prepped for that fight for long enough that the shadow dragon noticed me through the wardstone. There was a dialog from the dragon along the lines of "you're an idiot for hanging around so long, you should have known I'd eventually notice you" and I definitely didn't have SCS installed.