Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Wow. This guy needs to leave the basement more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

So Titanium chairs can't be rotated properly BUT the point that a character sits at DOES rotate.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

For those wanting more block types to build with, I'd like to re-plug my Homesick mod:
http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/homesick-over-80-diverse-building-blocks-now-craftable-from-the-start.44722/

Makes over 80 existing block types craftable from the start, including some stuff you can't get anywhere right now, like the Hylotl decorative bricks. Just adds recipes, so you don't have to worry about multiplayer incompatibility.

Does this still need to be installed editing the bootstrap config file or can it just be dropped into the mods folder now?

edit; I just made a file called homesick.modinfo with
code:
{
  "name" : "Homesick",
  "version" : "Beta v. Offended Koala",
  "path" : "."
}
and put it in the mods/homesick folder and it seems to be working.
Great mod, kinda wish it added everything to a whole new crafting table or something though so it didn't clutter up the list so much.

Kly fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 16, 2013

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I think that's intentional, they added mini bioms to the planets to mix things up.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

The concrete block in the Homesick mod seems to need a perfectly generic item to craft.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

The dude with the pig avatar in this thread made a great mod called "homesick" that lets you craft all that stuff with easy to get material like cobblestone, wood and iron. I think you can find it on the starbound mod forum too.

edit : here it is http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/homesick-over-80-diverse-building-blocks-now-craftable-from-the-start.44722/

Kly fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 19, 2013

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Yah, it'd be nice if it was in vanilla. At least let you craft race specific blocks/furniture/decorations that they use in racial dungeons and towns and then collect blueprints for other races like the food and armor.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

I'm working on a mod for this.

I really dig the mod, the only small complaint I have is that all the new blocks really clutter up the crafting table list. The crafting decorations doesn't matter all that much to me since the 3D printer seems to work fine for all that kind of stuff, but if you do add in crafting for that I'd like to be able to craft any of the junk that appears in towns of your race and have blueprints be purchasable from stores in those towns like you mentioned. Maybe make crafting of the dungeon items use higher tier ore or something.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I'm really hoping it'll be easy to add additional random structures and dungeons to the game. It'd be cool to have some one post their cool home base or building and be able to have it added into the game as something that can randomly show up on a planet along with glitch towns and such.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Cool, does this editor let you open world files to copy and export things built in game? Like TEdit for terraria you could open your world, drag a box around something you built in game then export that building to another world. Something like that but with the option of adding the building to the random dungeons list would be incredible.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

E-Tank posted:

On Gender talk: For some reason the copper/silver/gold chest pieces have bits jutting out making it look like the character has breasts no matter the gender, at least that's how it looks to me. Or am I just crazy?

Thats how it looks to me too. I think its just bad art.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I was playing with a buddy and we were on a low gravity planet that had a castle on it, when we got within a certain distance of the castle the gravity changed to normal.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Hey, have you updated your homesick mod for the latest version?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

A one time use craft-able magic mirror item would be cool, made with copper or something. It'd be pointless if save&quit keeps putting you right back on your ship though.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

You can find modern stoves in human bunkers too.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Pilchenstein posted:

worrying about the fact that you could also just log off the game for an hour and they'd still grow

Why is that a bad thing?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Enzer posted:

We'll add some radio buttons to the mod upload page with several options for mod authors.

Usable in mod packs without consent
Usable in mod packs with consent
Do not include in mod packs
Mod assets editable without consent
Mod assets editable with consent
Do not edit assets

Credit to mod authors is still a requirement. Use the @ function to tag the author in the compilation's credit section (i.e- @mollygos ) so the author can be notified.

Mod authors: It's a smart idea to also choose an appropriate license (http://choosealicense.com/) and paste it into your mod description.

Everyone involved in this, including and especially the devs/mods/whoever, are loving dumb. Who listens to literally retarded children being bitches and makes policy based on that?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

If they don't attempt to enforce this idiocy at all, then whatever. Pretty sure this is going to result in the same geniuses that implemented this policy banning guys over including some kids mod in their pack because the kid clicked the "im a whiny pussy" radio button on their mod page.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

nexus

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

holy poo poo

quote:

Should be possible to have an abortion though. Not so cool exploring a prison, getting raped by an inmate, and then be forced to give birth to some human/floran deformity some time later.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Yah, it's one of a handful of stupid decisions they've made. I'm pretty sure it's been said that they're going to add a control config option at some point though.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Yah, it's pretty funny that goons who spam goatse and funded swap.avi are so offended by pixel dragon dildos. Even if you COULDN'T filter it out, just roll your eyes on scroll past it.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

RandomBlue posted:

At least it's not the DOTA community.

Does DOTA have a lot of pedophiles?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

One of the best things about this game is that there will probably be a TON of extra dungeons, towns and other planet features modded into it soon, especially the farther along that dungeon editor gets.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

So do you whiners get upset about the prostitutes in Baldur's Gate, Fallout or Mass Effect? This is probably the most benign and inoffensive implementation of a whore in any game that has them and YOU CAN REMOVE IT YOURSELF if you want. You guys will seriously bitch about the tiniest things you can. It's like being offended is your hobby.

edit; It should be noted in the mod description that hookers are included. That's it.

Kly fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 13, 2014

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

The Moon Monster posted:

I feel like this game would be a lot more fun if they severely reduced the fuel requirements or did away with them entirely. When I play the game my process is usually something like

1)fart around on a planet
2)decide I should go to another planet
3)remember that I'd have to farm a ton of fuel to do so
4)get discouraged
5)quit

Are you literally doing NOTHING the entire time you're "farting around on a planet" ? You can get enough fuel to take you across the universe in 5-10 minutes on any planet. 30 minutes and you'll have max fuel. I guess the problem here is you actually have to PLAY the game to progress, if you don't want to do that then mod it so that you can burn your starter flashlight to give you 1000 fuel and go nuts warping from planet to planet doing...nothing?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

The Moon Monster posted:

Why are people so incredibly defensive about this game anyway?

I dont mean to sound defensive. Its just there are so many solutions to your problem that require so little effort its suprising to see some one so stumped by it that they just quit.

edit; its not that i even disagree with you, needing less fuel to jump would be nice but the fuel reqs didnt bother me enough to quit

Kly fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 11, 2014

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

dog kisser posted:

Draining into a drain - I could have just left a space in the back wall, but this drain I rigged up drains stuff waaaaaay faster AND works even deep underground.

With the drains, I think. Sorta looks like that fan is dumping water in too.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Theyve used the money theyve gotten to hire more staff to work on the game which is more than you can say for 90% of other early access titles.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Bitter Beard posted:

minecraft...stopped my kids from playing it anymore...

why?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

makes sense

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Supernorn posted:

Hey! I work for Chucklefish. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

rodney mullenkamp posted:

Jesus Christ, are you going to follow this up with some jokes about Monica Lewinsky?

Give him a break, no one responded the first time he made this same joke a day or two ago so he's gotta give it another shot.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

So did these guys never find out about the fact that goons were playing the game long before it came out as early access on steam, while they were all begging for Chucklefish to just release ANYTHING they could play?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i still can't imagine how much of a goddamn goon someone had to be to buy that title for you

8 hours before the beta came out a video of some one streaming the game was on youtube so I linked it here and one of these losers PMed me trying to give me poo poo about posting it and telling me to edit the link out.

it was probably that guy.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

How long have they been doing nightly builds and what changes have there been in that time?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

djw175 posted:

It's updating consistently in the nightly builds.

OwlFancier posted:

It gets nightly updates...

Vib Rib posted:

Updating almost every night...

I'm waiting on stable builds and have no idea if they do patch notes for the nightly updates, what big changes or improvements have been added to the game in the nightly build and how long have they been doing it?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

Off the top of my head they're overhauling all combat mechanics, adding upgradable spaceships, adding a bunch of new dungeons, reworking all the monsters, adding unique 'planets' that are actually purely dungeons, essentially space hulks, and adding some proper, scripted progression into the game.

So if I download the latest nightly right now it'll have completely different combat mechanics, upgradable spaceships, a bunch of new dungeons, reworked monsters, unique 'planets' and some proper, scripted progression into the game?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

See, if none of these changes are actually implemented in a functional way in the nightly build then all these arguments of "it gets nightly updates!" kinda fall flat when they're not actually adding anything. My stable version is in pretty much the exact same state it was a week after EA release and it sounds like the nightly build isn't much farther either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I'm happy with the game I got for $15 and definitely got more than $15 worth of entertainment out of it. I am also disappointed development seems so slow and that the game is currently in the same state it was a week after release.

• Locked thread