Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

(dude with the smitty avatar.)
Hey, this edit wasn't me. I'm not sure who it was, but all my Spider-Man edits are text-only and not animated.

Edit: I also no longer have any of my Spider-Man edits, so if anyone has those, feel free to post them.

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. B The Heartbeat Man Saves The Day

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Discussion On The Nature Of Time And Masks

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Super Number One Item Store Go!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

I didn't realize until now that Guy Gilchrist signs his name like it's the Disney logo.
Or, given that this is comics, like it's Will Eisner's signature. Which is somehow worse.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

Mary Jane is the only competent person in this strip.
Mary Jane is married to Peter Parker. Your hypothesis is false.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Spider-Man Writes a Love Poem, Poorly

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The only fitting tribute to Morrie Turner I can think of is to give him a Turner-style biography in one of the Wee Pal Sundays' Soul Corners. Sadly, I can neither draw nor imitate his style, but if anyone can I think it would be pretty touching.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nikaer Drekin posted:

The Grizzwells

I know it's a cliche to say it at this point, but I swear Calvin and Hobbes did this exact joke.
Yes it did, almost panel for panel.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Spider-Man Faces Big Bus, The Bus Boss, While Overcoming A Fear Of Heights

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

amishjosh posted:

Aww man, now I miss The Bus
It's all collected in an imgur gallery, it'll probably turn up if you google it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

If there's any evidence that it happened because of OH BABY then I missed it, but he did have to stop the strip because he couldn't afford to pay to host it on GoComics since his wife divorced him and he lost his job:

I'm not going to lie: I like OH BABY. Not because it's good, because god knows it's nowhere near it. But it's bad in this perfect, surreal way. Like a dada masterpiece, but played entirely straight. It's fascinating to read precisely because of its specific, utterly bizarre flavor of awful.
The best thing about OH BABY is that you can read the unspoken story beneath it. It's a litany of health and financial issues ending in divorce. The author does not go on to do a comic about raising a child.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Poorly Drawn Lines, by Reza Farazmand.

When did this start running? It's incredibly similar to Pictures for Sad Children (pbuh)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pvt.Scott posted:

Well, the peacock/peahen "joke" doesn't make much sense either because peacock is what we call the animals as a whole, unless they're actually called peabirds or something. I've never heard them referred to as anything but peacocks other than when specifically calling out the gender differences, and even then it's usually more like, "male peacocks have beautiful plumage to attract female peacocks."

TL;DR
English is dumb and the comic is worse.
"Peafowl" actually is the collective term.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jon is actually on his sixth Garfield. Poor things don't last long with that lifestyle.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rude Cop Theater

This one is actually a reference to my very first Spider-Man edit, back in 2011, now sadly lost to time. It featured the phrase "I want to do Spider-Man!" and Peter Parker's timeless response: "Ok."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This gets a thumbs-up.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Peter Parker Is The Worst

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cool Doc Rock's Puppy Playhouse

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (June 7, 1967)

I was going to edit this to read "what if I gave her my big dick" and in so doing realized it does not contain the letter C.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurkman posted:

The Junji edit of this will be unholy.
Just have one of them saying "This is my hole! It was made for me!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Green Intern posted:

Jesus christ, that came out of the blue.
Tiffany is a cruel and senseless bully(ing victim) and deserves everything she gets.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Romeo and Junjiet.

Oh man, there's like 50 panels from the Black Paradox that would work with this one. Probably a few from Tomie, too.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Helicity posted:

Colorist mistake? I'm not sure there's a good reason why Les would be confidently strutting around a movie studio lot with a bare chest. Unless this is a new direction for Funky, which I can get behind.
Wandering around a movie studio bare-chested because Les lost his shirt failing to save an orphan from a fire that he knew would happen because his dead wife told him? That would fit. But confidently strutting? Not a chance in hell.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

He fights crime.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, are we having the "I've lost perspective and no longer know what a bad comic is" discussion? Okay. Right, boys, roll 'er in!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ferguson Police Department Comix

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Incredible Spider-Exposition! Excelsior!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This gets a thumbs up. I like it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I know this is supposed to be a joke, but a guy got probation for killing four people by making the argument that he had "affluenza" - his rich family had spoiled him too much to understand ethics.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

I would like to contend that "drat that's a fine elephant" is the best post to ever grace these threads.
I don't know, Volume's detailed critiques of the comic Gil are great.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That thing is so hell of wispy a spider covets.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

There are a couple of cats I'd vote for, but unfortunately Maru is out because he's foreign-born, and Refurb could never get elected because she's female. Bam, I just went Doonesbury on your asses.
"I have, time and again, explained why my face so flat. It is a distraction from the real issues facing our nation, and I will thank you to--"

"Magda, Magda! Leslie Vandenberg, Washington Post."

"Yes? You have a question?"

"Why your face so flat?"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"I was listening to a very hip, cool new band, the Arctic Monkeys."

Can't wait to hear when you discover Arcade Fire.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yo! Spider!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Maybe She Fell

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Edminster posted:

Thank You, FAU, for your service to this thread.
It's the thing I do. Spider-Man!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

It might be!
It's a little sad that anyone other than me remembers a low-effort spiderman edit from 2011.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Clip From 'Hollywood Goes Bananas'

• Locked thread