Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Shakugan posted:

Oh please, Sandra is the ultimate Mr Magoo survivor.

i will kill u irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

With a heart attack from Outback Steakhouse :allears:

Sandra is a loyal and loving patron. Or was it Ponderosa?

No I definitely remember her talking about how much she loves Outback Steakhouse.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

This season is so loving great already.

Also Cliff is adorable. :3:

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Why do both the white dudes on Beauty tribe have to look EXACTLY the same? How the gently caress am I supposed to tell them apart?

Also, someone please please gif the scene where Morgan throws a bitchy smile at Alexis and the camera pans to Brice throwing the exact same same bitchy smile at her too. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Survivor just needs to cast more minorities, don't need to have whites ALWAYS outnumber everyone else in a 2 or 3 to 1 one ratio.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Poque posted:

I'm really curious how much of Fransesquah's second first-boot was influenced by the "this will be hilarious" effect. But honestly, at least her first time around, it seemed to be the same reason David got booted first this season - way too much strategizing and endgame focus when you just need to move forward as a team.

All seasons should be like Cook Islands, but no seasons should be like Fiji. A Survivor quandary.

Fiji gave us Yau Man. :3:

Yau Man would have been the perfect fit for a theoretical good brains tribe, physically inept but overcoming that with SCIENCE:science:!

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Slightly related I just listened to the Garrett interview on RHAP and I don't understand at all why anyone would be impressed by him there. He sounded like the same full of himself, controlling tool he appeared to be on the show. His whole spiel was about how he really had totally control of Kass and no one knew he was with Spencer and no one was upset about the tribe meeting and he didn't REALLY say anything bad in Counical and you can't REALLY blame him for not bringing the idol to Council. It was just all arrogant excuses and rationalizing.

Wasn't this idol supposed to be a super-idol where you can play it after the votes are read or something dumb like that? Why in the hell wouldn't you ever NOT bring the idol to council anyways...

This episode had me in tears. :D Brawns valiantly trying to throw and J'tia being an unstoppable juggernaut of failure.

edit: my wife says J'tia is her favorite because not she could theoretically go on survivor secure in the knowledge that no matter how badly she performs she won't be the worst ever.

Bright Future fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 14, 2014

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Met posted:

It's hard listening to J'Tia on her exit interview on RHAP. She has an inflated sense of her value.

"I'm not a weak player. I got two people voted out before me."
"I built the alliance."

Really, the best option for her would be to totally admit how terrible she was and chalk it up to 'oh I guess I'm one of those people who completely fall apart without enough food. Guess I'm not cut out for survivor at all." Trying to say you did well is really dumb at this point.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

I'm going to predict someone on the Brains tribe wins in the end based purely on the theory that they have already played all of their 'let's make terrible decisions' cards.

Brawn splitting their tribe in half (ruining an otherwise good shot at an easy post-merge game) to vote out Cliff is an unbelievably retarded move that makes me very happy. :)

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

This season will be a clusterfuck. I know some people hate these types of seasons, but I'm greatly enjoying it.

Agreed that everyone thinks they're Playing for Day 39 - and not realizing that oftentimes its best to play Day Ten like its Day Ten.

Everyone is so so so terrible at survivor and it's GLORIOUS.

I wouldn't want this type of cast all of the time, though.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

mancalamania posted:

On the subject of throwing challenges, I think the Brains should consider throwing the next challenge to get Jeremiah, Sarah or Alexis out. Their main goal should be preventing any majority alliance at the merge, and right now that looks like it could be LJ/Jefra/Jeremiah/Alexis/Trish/Tony/Sarah. The question is whether they have enough information to realize this.

Knowing the Brains, though, they'll try to lose but accidentally win.

Then they forfeit Immunity, and vote out Morgan. Or Spencer. :doh:

My guess is EITHER Dreadlock chick quits in a huff and Brawns lose again to vote Woo OR brains throws the challenge and votes out Spencer because he's an end game threat.

edit: It's not like Tony will accept being in a successful alliance anyways.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Brawn tribe being absolutely ecstatic that they lost Cliff + Lindsey was loving hilarious, this is the best season ever.

Spencer has a really good shot at winning because he is mediocre at survivor, everyone else is terrible.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Tony is a fascinating character and incredibly entertaining to watch. His flashes of brilliance are amazing, it's tragic they're wasted on such an abrasive lunatic with no prayer of winning. Really he's everything I want from the filler players with no shot at winning. Casting more Tonys and less Purple Kellys in recent seasons has been a big part of the turnaround the show is having.

At this point I'm leaning toward the idea that we're in the middle of a real golden era of Survivor.

I really hope he returns for all stars and bumbles his way to the merge again. :911:

edit: I don't REALLY care who wins this season because they are all terrible but I kinda want to see Trish and Tony lose in embarrassing fashion because they are SO arrogant and bad. Cop #2 as well.

Bright Future fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Mar 27, 2014

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Uh no, Tony being bugnuts crazy is exactly why he should be a returnee for All stars.

edit: Why would he ever get a russel edit anyways?

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

doomisland posted:

I feel like I need to watch it just for that 12 hour challenge.

Yes you should, Palau is very good.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I still don't get why Spencer is some standout. I don't think he's a bad or dumb player but I don't see what he's done overly well aside from proving himself more trustworthy than J'Tia. And that's a pretty low bar. I'm not saying Spencer should be mocked for misreading Jeremiah and Alexis or allying with Garrett but the few game things we have seen from him have mostly been failures, haven't they? That doesn't make him a failure since he's still in the game and in a pretty decent position, but he's no better off than Tasha or Kass. And they all owe that break to the Tribal Swap landing them all on the same tribe.

I think most people have latched onto Spencer because he is somewhat interesting and doesn't seem that stupid. Additionally the brains tribe are officially the underdog tribe and that always helps.

As a whole the general theory that the cast is as dumb as a box of rocks is probably because all the airtime has been devoted to the many many terrible moves.

It's not like it's a bad thing though, better a dumb and entertaining cast than a smart but boring one.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

She's only "high" on my board because so few others are past her. Its less a glowing recommendation of Sarah then it is a statement on the rest of the field. Sarah's definitely made some glaring mistakes and if she can't see past Tony's blue blood then she's probably screwed. But as much as I hate the throwing the challenge thing that's at least tied to the Tony thing. She still seems reasonably astute when a cop isn't involved, a solid social player, and a good comp player. I don't have her pegged as a "good" player but I think she's got the skills if she doesn't get tanked by the Tony thing or make an equally bad call.

Nah I think Sarah seems really really stupid.

REALLY stupid.
:)

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Asiina posted:

I have no idea how someone shows so much gums when they smile.

I tried and can't do it even with my fakest, most poo poo eating grin.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Um you guys aren't giving Kass enough credit. That wasn't one of the worst moves in survivor history at all.

It was literally THE worst. At least Erik locked down a promise that he wasn't going home when he gave up his necklace. Kass didn't even try to make a deal for top three when she flipped, was literally just, "Hey Kass, wanna flip?"

"sure gently caress it why not I hate winning survivor."

:D

Best season. (ever?)

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Erik must be thrilled to finally not be the dumbest survivor ever.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Spencer would probably be eaten alive in a normal season, let alone one with star players so I really wouldn't want to see him return. I just think a lot of people have latched onto him because he seems reasonable and charming and has yet to make any fantastically stupid plays.

Tasha is another, I'd like to see a bit more of her.

btw: Have we gone a single episode without at least one hilariously terrible play? Really feels like every time I watch I get a new rendition of "Survivor: Race to the Bottom!"

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Everyone this season is terrible at survivor.

It's not a BAD thing so don't worry bout it.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Yeah I've finally turned the corner on this season. Everyone is terrible, the season sucks, burn it all down. Worst season since One World.

Hopefully we get the Nicaragua result and someone like Woo wins.

Edit: With this season crumbling in front of our eyes, is this the death knell for all newbie seasons?

No no no, everyone is terrible but this season is GLORIOUS.

Sure, I enjoy seasons with really intelligent players attempting to outwit each other, but every once in a while a season of Chaos Cass and the Super Cop is a fun diversion. At least, I sure haven't been disappointed yet, at least one hilariously stupid idea a week.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Reynolds, Shane, Cao Boi and Judd.

On the same team. :3:

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

You guys are all pussies holy poo poo.

Seriously.

Spencer is evil because he made a disparaging remark about the woman who ruined his game for no logical reason, Woo is evil for stealing clue that was left out in the open in the woods...

Kinda reaching here.

Also LeJackal is a terrible poster.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

Did it really get out of hand? What's the worst thing anyone said about him?

It was just a really dumb and boring conversation.

I'd honestly prefer another Sandra or Russell slap fight than sit through an argument over who is more evil: Spencer or Woo.

Also: Calling Spencer dumb is unnecessary, he's 21. Of COURSE he has idiotic opinions. :)

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Rarity posted:

Honestly, I haven't found HvV that good. My three favourites all got voted out early (Sugar, Steph, Rob) and most of the season has been about Russell's alliance succeeding through other people being really loving stupid. I'm looking at you Tyson, JT and Candice.

Sugar + Steph are you favorite? :)

I was really pissed that Cerie went out early.

edit: HvV had such a stellar cast, I really hope HvV 2 can match up.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

I think Candice is my most hated player.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

I actually started to rewatch Nicaragua since I remember nothing about it. Some really hilarious oearly game poo poo.

Not sure why people hate Naonka so much, she's comedy gold.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

I always wondered where JT got a pen to write that letter.

Jt: So *producer* I need a pen so I can write a letter to Russell and give him my idol. :downs:

Producer: Here take mine. :roflolmao:

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

So far the tyler perry idol hasn't really affected the game because everyone this season is a colossal dumbass.

Favorite part of the ep was watching Kass and Tony throw down while Woo stared off into the distance with a beatific look of contentment on his face. :3:

Also Tasha leaving makes me sad. :(

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Fooz posted:

Tyler perry idol has affected the game. Tony might have played his idol out of uncertainty, but he has a special idol that absorbs all possible risk, so there was never a reason to play either one at the wrong time.

Eh, true enough, I just don't think it would have changed anything because they are all really risk adverse dummies.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

I wouldn't be pissed by Woo winning purely because he seems so cheerful and innocent. Yeah He didn't really do anything but in a season of terrible moves and over aggressive 'plays' the dumb surfer winning would be almost fitting.

btw: I'm not complaining about the season, just to be clear. It has been really really entertaining and Tasha/Spencer have been challenge beasts but oh boy have the plays been terrible. :D

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

All Tony has to do to win vs kass in a final 2 (assuming people weren't planning on voting for him due to bitterness) is let her talk, mebbe give her his allotted speech time if possible.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

The amusing thing about kass is she really actually thinks she is some kind of mastermind.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

That would be a really absurdly awesome All Stars. :)

Why did they hate greg?

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Orange Sunshine posted:

Has anyone ever won Survivor after flipping after the merge? That is, the merge happens, there are two groups, someone switches over to the other side and then goes on to win. I can't think of it ever having happened.

I'm not aware of it ever working, no. Maybe in a really early season I don't remember?

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

I seriously am baffled that some people don't think that Kass flipping wasn't one of the dumbest and most terrible moves in survivor history history.

Rationalize it all you want, she literally flipped because she was mad that her tribe was butt kissing the person most liable to flip back to the other alliance and lose them the numbers.

It was a loving retarded move.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

xbilkis posted:

I don't think it's a serious contender for "worst move ever," just because there are so many terrible moves that have immediately ended a person's game. In that respect, I don't even think it's the worst move this season - Garrett attempting to prevent anyone from talking to each other on day 6 took him from a position of relative power/the only strong player on his tribe to voted out over the crazy woman who poured out all their food and is terrible at challenges, and he went home with an idol in his pocket.

I've also been pretty surprised at how much of what she thought would happen as a result of her flip - she hasn't been a target at any point, she's lasted longer than people in the "core" of the alliance she joined, and she's had the ability to swing back to the people she betrayed if she thought it was a better opportunity.

I think that's about as much credit as you could reasonably give it. All that being said, it was still really dumb because it absolutely zeroed out her chance of winning the game.

True, but the reason she is/was in no immediate danger of being voted out is because it was such a colossally stupid move that it instantly put her in goat status.

Garret was a moron, but he also wasn't sitting in a majority alliance post merge. The stakes were very different and I would say that a failed bid to control his alliance is far less stupid that petulantly throwing away a chance at a million dollars because someone else was getting too much attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Vernacular posted:

Some actual contenders for "dumbest and most terrible move in Survivor history":
-JT giving Russell his idol in HvV
-Erik giving away immunity and subsequently getting voted out in Micronesia
-The male tribe volunteering to go to TC in One World
-The four bros in said male tribe getting smug about their 4 person minority alliance in One World
-Ozzy volunteering to go to RI as a strategic move
-Any time a tribe has ever thrown a challenge

Kass' move isn't even in the same ballpark as these things.

Anyway, my whole point was that her move, regardless of what motivated it, still resulted in the strategic benefit of the two strongest players being put in weak positions. I'm not calling it a great move by any stretch, but some of you are blowing things way out of proportion with these allegations of it being one of the worst moves in Survivor history.

No Kass is even dumber and worse than Erik.

• Locked thread