Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GuavaMoment posted:

drat, I got behind on survivor! Haven't watched a single episode of BvW, for fear of how awful it could be. It's good to hear it's worth it. Now I just need to find like 14 straight hours to plow through it.

It's pretty good actually, the gimmick, as usual, doesn't manage to last, but does make for a handful of interesting dynamics. Also that racist shitbird Colton gets off your TV pretty quick. In the end it's a pretty predictably season that got controlled on a near Boston Rob level by the winner*, but it's very worth watching.

* Although this is also a very good argument for not doing the returning player with newbies thing, again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Samarium posted:

You left out the best/worst part: The idea came from Tyler Perry, and Jeff wants to call it the Tyler Perry idol.

Maw, git mah gun, Ol' Survivor's gotta be put down for his own good. :cry:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

He was a law student, which is by definition insane, or at the very least poor decision making.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

James315 posted:

They tried to even things cheap out by having puzzle elements in the challenges.

Corrected for contemporary Survivor.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Shakugan posted:

How about we don't spoil other shows/book series in a Survivor thread?

Caution: spoilers from the same era of what was posted.

:siren: Bill Clinton wins reelection. :siren:

On topic, how did the US never try a celebrity version of Survivor? I mean I know that Help I'm a Celebrity blah blah show existed, but that was one of those garbage basic cable networks wasn't it?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Shakugan posted:

Because spoilers from a currently airing show are the same as something that happened in the 90s :thumbsup:

Technically, those spoilers did happen before the election, as the book was published in August of 96, so you are technically correct, the best kind of correct! If... you ignore that the "spoilers" aired on the dumb show 3 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Game_of_Thrones

BGrifter posted:

Probst has been crazy about the idea of doing one for ages. Rumours pop up occasionally but I'd imagine it'd be a nightmare to pull together. Neil Patrick Harris wants to do one but only if it's a real season and not some watered down celebrity version.

I would kill to see NPH on Survivor. I think he'd be a lock to win.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Met posted:

It's hard listening to J'Tia on her exit interview on RHAP. She has an inflated sense of her value.

That absolute shitbird being a nuclear engineer is the first thing to shake my faith in the idea that nuclear power is the only way to save this planet. I'm amazed she manages to dress herself in the morning.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Lord Bude posted:

Throwing the balls wasn't their issue. Fetching them was. That tribe could literally have been improved by an order of magnitude by replacing J'tia with a golden retriever. I bet the average IQ would have risen too.

A golden retriever would swim faster than her doing, literally, the doggy paddle. J'Tia seemed to only be able to keep herself from drowning by slowly backstroking in the general direction of the pier. I mean, jesus, we say season after season how insane it is that these idiots don't take a weekend course on basic survival stuff like starting a fire, but how do you go on Survivor not knowing how to swim?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

CapnAndy posted:

Two of the three rounds they showed was still 2 girls and 1 guy against 2 guys and 1 girl though, which isn't very fair at all even if there were other rounds when that wasn't the case.

I think they were allowed to choose where to allocate their girls/guys. One team just chose very poorly.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

BGrifter posted:

I do think the Brains tribe have been getting a bit of an unfair ride though. They were saddled with one of the worst challenge competitors in Survivor history. Take J'Tia out of the picture and I think you end up with a pretty average tribe. Nothing spectacular, but a middle of the road unoffensive win some/lose some sort of group.

They had every opportunity to get rid of her and every reason to do so, she was a bossy moron right out the gate and was awful at challenges. They made their own bed on that one.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I still think short of her winning immunity, the majority alliance is cutting Kass' loony bullshit out tonight.

Never underestimate a goat. She's super unreliable though, so maybe not a great goat.

I thought she was ok at the start of the season too, but then the crazy came out.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

HvV Chat: JT just gave Russell his immunity idol. I can't believe what I'm seeing :stare:

Isn't King Russel the best? :swoon:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Pinterest Mom posted:

This makes up for your Incorrect Opinion about Steph.

Steph's fake eyebrows always creeped me the gently caress out.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

Dammit, I thought Brenda won this season :(

And I love that even Purple Kelly's alliance have forgotten she exists.

She's a Kelly. Nobody knows who the gently caress Kelly is.

Ever.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

See this made me hope Fabio was going to pull of a Keyser Soze "I'm actually a Harvard graduate" and now I'm sad that's not what happened :(

When you finish watching make sure you google all the videos and poo poo of him riding around in limos at 3 am drunk off his rear end after getting bailed out and then invites the TMZ paparazo to party with him and his buddies.

That money was gone so fast.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Met posted:

Edit Bonus: Don't feel like making 9 gifs work together, so here's a screenshot of this tumblr thing:

I think "unjustifiably smug" is what that expression is actually called.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sand Monster posted:

And Russell ended up dating Mikayla for awhile, didn't he?

How delightfully trashy the Hantzes are. :allears:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Giodo! posted:

I think that it is silly to put spoilers around the speculation that you have there, as I think that scenario is almost impossible. Why in the world would Spencer or Tony win immunity at 3 and pick the other one to go to the final 2 with them? That's like the least likely final 2. If the final 3 includes both Spencer and Tony and one of them wins final immunity, they're taking Woo/Kass.

I doubt it's a final 2 season (I think they decide this on the fly based on how interesting either one would be, in this case a final 2 is boring).

Kass is dumb enough to take Spencer and Tony since she somehow doesn't get that she's the goat, and the other two could very easily think Woo's hands are too clean with jury votes in mind.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Since I was the one who posted that pic, I guess I should say that I posted something similar to that 3-4 pages ago (basically it was the web promo that said there would be 3 tribal councils during the finale), but I spoilered the speculation that it would be a F2 since I knew some people don't even watch the previews because they consider that spoilers. However everyone else just dropped the spoiler tag and started straight up talking about a F2 so I figured that it was out in the open anyway if you're reading the thread, so I didn't try to hide that Gordon Holmes tweet.

Since it was in response to me, let me be clear, I really, really don't care at all that F2 was "spoiled" for me. Other than there's no possible way there's an interesting final 2 for this season because the winner will be obvious.

I don't watch the show until the next night so I also don't read the 800 posts leading up to it. I also don't have cable so I don't see commercials or previews. v:shobon:v

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Poque posted:

Spencer wins immunity at 4, tony idol gambit works and woo goes home. Then tony wins immunity and kass makes him so mad in an attempt to #chaoskass spencer into the finals that he loses all reason and votes her out.

This or some kind of Woo/Kass murder suicide is the only way we get an interesting final 2.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

BGrifter posted:

Very much concerned this season is going to poo poo the bed in the final episode and we'll get a Woo/Kass final two. Spencer is in the Cesternino/Fairplay spot where a potential goatnapping at final three could easily happen. I don't think I can handle a summer of revisionist history where every terrible move Kass has made is painted as brilliant because "hurf blurf she won" after stumbling rear end backward into the final.

Kass is in the Pearl Islands Sandra/Amazon Jenna Morasca position. :barf:

Of course I get this way every season and Tyson/Cochran won, so there's no need to worry right? Right? :unsmith:

Comparing Kass to Sandra is insane. Sandra was a master strategist with a horrifically strong social game, which she proved more than once; Kass seems to kind of just do whatever the hell pops into her bird brain.

Your doomsday final 2 could happen, but I doubt it, and even if it did, I don't think a Kass win would result in people revising what they think of her. She would be yet another in a long line of undeserving winners and this season would go down as ultimately disappointing.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Fast Luck posted:

Vote Tony for being the run-away most aggressive and entertaining player possibly ever. Don't let Spencer's underdog story blind you to how many million times more fun Tony has given us than Spencer.

Kass actually is my favorite this season, she's good tv.

Tony is a poor man's King Russell of Samoa/Bahhhston Rob and it's obvious that he was cast for it. He's a great player and no mistake, but he's still on the shoulders of giants as far as abrasive domineering players go. He will likely win, and totally deserves it, but he's no King Russell.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TheChad posted:

So true.

After 20whatever seasons no poo poo.

Rick posted:

I wish there was some sort of "Break when Cast is Awful" case on the island that Jeff could break open and have Russell crawl out to terrorize bad Survivors when necessary. I don't think it needs to be broken this year, though.

That would be awesome and it needed to be broken about 3 episodes ago.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

blue squares posted:

Holy poo poo! We have a two hour finale and an hour reunion!

Didn't someone post a few weeks ago, once we learned that the finale was on Wednesday, that it was only going to be an hour long episode? I just went to CBS.com and it's two full hours before the reunion. Tonight's going to be fun (or bitterly disappointing).

Finale's tomorrow boyo.

So you're right about disappointment I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

Just started Cagayan. The Brains tribe are awful. Go team Beauty.

Kellys, all of them.

• Locked thread