Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Beef Waifu posted:

I never liked Future Trunks.

I always thought Bulma and Vegeta hooking up was dumb but Trunks was a badass.

Endorph posted:

also all ssjs besides goku were lame. it should have just been his thing, and you could still write the rest of the story the exactly the same because there's never a point where he isn't way stronger than every other saiyan

Yeah I always thought if Vegeta had just come out and killed Android 19 by being Vegeta instead of having some flimsy excuse to be super saiyan it would have been cooler.

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Covok posted:

It's because Bulma's hair is blue and Vegeta's Hair is black and Purple is a dark shade of blue and a light shade of black. :geno:

Fake Edit: I know the above isn't true. You don't need to correct me.

Vegeta had red hair in his intro and red+blue=purple.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

As much as I'd love to beat Raditz as SSJ9Dende, 50 bucks is still a lot for a dragonball game, even if it does look like one of the better ones.

Then again, I bought Taiketsu for GBA so at the very least Xenoverse couldn't be TOO disappointing.

The DLC looks like some triple a bullshit but that's the videogame industries fault.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Endorph posted:

Eh. There's been way worse DLC.

Here's hoping for two thousand dollars worth of capsule corp themed trains!

vvvv All of that for free.

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 16, 2015

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeE0Xgi4S2k

dragon boll

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Friezas been dead for over 20 years and here we are still waiting for him to come back and fight Goku.

edit:

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 26, 2015

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I'm not at all surprised that super freezypop is a reskin considering how halfassed SSJG looks.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Parrotine posted:

drat, talk about a lazy power-up

Jesus Christ that is literally a palette swap and nothing more. What happened Toriyama that was your one job, different colors do not count dammit

ha ha ha it is i, freeza

\

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Kelp Plankton posted:

So if Saiyans can go super and Frieza can go super then Cell hosed up because he could have been like, double-super, genetically.

Next time, on Dragon Ball Z....

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Ultimate Gohan might have been the most pointless powerup in the entire series. The only reason I can give it was to power up Buu and then to make Vegito seem all the more badass.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also Toei has a massive, massive Goku boner and he's the only one that can do anything ever

Isn't all shonen guilty of that?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

The dub soundtrack of the first cooler movie really strikes a chord with my inner angry middle schooler.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Surfer Rosa Parks posted:

I like this theory because it insinuates that GT is some sort of Future Trunks-esque dark timeline

That explains the guyliner and fingerless gloves.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Shyrka posted:

The Faulconer Ginyu Force music is permanently etched into my brain from how often the show got that far before restarting and then getting like three episodes farther before going back to Raditz.

Also it's :krad:

To this day I have not seen Jiece and Burter finish their purple comet attack.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Kild posted:

We got this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYK_QqH-BXk

Mostly the last 30 seconds.

Isn't there a version of this with a longer guitar riff or am I just making that up?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Genocyber posted:

They're meant to be the opposite to the God of Destruction; where he destroys they create life.

Also while we're talking about obscure DBZ poo poo one of the cooler things I found out about recently was how Toriyama envisions its universe.

Wheres the dead zone?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Future Trunks owning the poo poo out of Frieza and King Cold is one of my favorite scenes in the entire series as well as his future fight against the androids. He's sort of lame in Xenoverse though.

Bardock's first movie is also really rad and it's a shame they couldn't just let him die in a blaze of glory like a true saiyan.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That must've been the wrong link. I remember him saying that in one of the videos where Kibito Kai fused together. I'll have to look harder for it.

Found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLxMUjyzmf8

I never thought about it before but was there any reason Goku and Gohan didn't just do a dance fusion? I remember Vegeta wouldn't do it because it looked stupid.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Neo_Crimson posted:

Gohan never saw it, and it takes practice to do. Not something you can do on the fly when you're fighting a magic bubblegum monster.

Weren't Goku and Gohan both on the kai planet at some point together? He could have taught him it there.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Hobo Siege posted:

Gohan couldn't catch an ear ring, I doubt he could pull off the dance without producing a horrible anorexic GoGo.

Gohan is a prodigy at making stupid poses.

Kild posted:

In Fusion Reborn they gently caress it up become obese and only live because they were impervious to damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vudgvvcOa1s

Man it's like the return of Yajirobe.

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 17, 2015

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

The first time I ever saw DBZ was when I woke up at 6 in the morning and flipped on kidsWB and was greeted to Dodoria's pink ugly self throwing energy blasts at Krillin and Gohan while they tried to escape with Dende and for whatever reason I thought it was the coolest thing. I must have watched the Raditz to Ginyu loop three or four times before I even knew about the other sagas, let alone DragonBall.

Esroc posted:

I wish Mira was fleshed out more. I like that guy. But Xenoverse basically relegated him to midboss status, and not even a particularly difficult one.

Mira looks DBGT as all hell.

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 17, 2015

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

AmiYumi posted:

When I went to see "Battle of Gods", the entire theater audience was Latino families, wearing those mall-kiosk DBZ shirts I haven't seen in years. It was wonderful.

I want all of them.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Aurain posted:

Going to use that as my profile picture for online dating.

Gotta wear one of these once you get a date.

I'm having a hard time finding a button down goku shirt smaller than an extra large.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Does Marvel even have anyone who could fight DBZ level guys?

Also while I've never been big into Superman, golden age heroes can be pretty ruthless so if he saw Goku as a real threat he could win.

Who would win between Martian Manhunter and Piccolo?

vvvv I'm still waiting on that rematch

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

BattleCattle posted:

The only comic I have reliable knowledge of is the adventures of kool-aid man.

I have a comic with a mail in ad for the first kool-aid man issue but its like 30 years expired so I'll never see him fight The Thirsties.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Zonekeeper posted:

On the topic of full series releases, what is the best one?

Uncut VHS.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Endorph posted:

I don't think they forget, I think they just stop giving a poo poo because dialogue is more important than scientific accuracy when you're writing a comic about an alien in his underwear punching space satan.

I can't tell if you're referring to Superman or DBZ.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Darko posted:

Piccolo is only the devil to a minor little planet while Darbura is of the whole galaxy.

Yeah the planet that killed the poo poo out of Frieza, Cell, and Buu.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Where does Magnus from chrono trigger fit on the leader of demons scale?

For that matter what about that devil guy from Baba's place that first had the gimmick?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

mycot posted:

For some reason I never connected the dots that Tarble is Vegeta's Raditz until now.

He's way more like Goku Kakarot than Raditz.

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 23, 2015

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Xibanya posted:

"I'm the only serious character on this show. That's the joke."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q12Q0Z5e6no

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Bushmaori posted:

I sort of saw it as complacency by being the strongest being on the planet.

Roshi made sure he knew there was always someone stronger by electrocuting the hell out of him. I figure he just meant he didn't have any new tricks but he could kamehameharder.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Stallion Cabana posted:

what is Gohan even a Scholar of.

Books or something. They never really say what he's studying do they?

Petiso posted:

She does appear in the manga epilogue, yeah, although I don't remember she having any lines.

I like how future Trunks looks just like....future Trunks.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

dipwood posted:

I want just Toriyama to bring back Future Trunks. Why does he never visit? Outside of movies? Literally all his friends are in the other universe.

Theres a psp game where Buu makes his way into his timeline and he has to bring everyone from the main one over to beat him.

Unfortunately since fighting Buu over and over again would be boring you spend most of the game fighting clones of good guys which is anime filler level writing.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Eonwe posted:

Maybe something along the lines of 100 years later blah blah blah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQdVV8hR-I

I'm not sure if it sucks but it's GT so it might.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

StrifeHira posted:

You wanted it, you can't UNwant it.

:supaburn: MASSIVE POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING MAYBE: :supaburn:

Super Saiyan "Beyond God"

They look like Mexican knockoffs. Unless they are and I'm gullible.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Covok posted:

Was it a joke? I mean powering up to it was played up as super epic and the first shot of it is meant to be badass.

It was at least impracticable enough to never accomplish anything. Both of the major villains before Buu were defeated after entering their final form by someone going super saiyan(and then A LEVEL BEYOND) but even the weakest Buu fought evenly with SSJ3 Goku. Thematically it was a way of showing that someone already figured out how to super saiyan harder than last time and it wasn't gonna cut it.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

e X posted:

Honestly, all the SSJ transformation past the first one were kind of boring and, in retrospect, kind of a mistake.

Yeah each subsequent super saiyan after Goku was lamer than the last. Future Gohan dies for future Trunks? Alright I can buy it. Vegeta gets...angry? Gohan trains or some poo poo? Then Goten and Trunks inherit it from their dads?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xflI5gkF8Ns

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Buu is unfortunately the least memorable villain in my eyes which is a shame cuz he does poo poo like this.

It doesn't have to be satire to be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Rodyle posted:

Doesn't Buu make himself handsome at one point to pick up chicks, or am I making that up?

Bonus: Buu killing Babidi is pretty violent

• Locked thread