Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Zorak posted:

Which is dumb because Dragon Ball is actually way better :colbert:

Yeah, I mean, people who weren't part Space Monkey actually could be relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Some Numbers posted:

I think Gohan pretty openly gave up fighting entirely and focused on studying.

Except for the superheroing. That involved fighting.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Astus posted:

Could also have something to do with 17's obsession about driving cars instead of just flying around.

They fully destroyed one of the continents. It just takes them a while to drive through the oceans.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

WickedHate posted:

He isn't usually in the arctic, but he took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

He was looking for a castle. Really needs to get on that conquering the world business, his father/previous incarnation would be so disappointed.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on the Wii, just because I can make the kamehameha hand pose and Goku will do it.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Esroc posted:

They're making quite a big deal about a revival wish being central to the plot. I wonder who's coming back.

King Piccolo, and he will fight Piccolo. It will be somewhat evenly matched because power levels are bullshit.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

e X posted:

Or flew to Namek for that matter. Raditz probably still attacked so all the events of the Sayajin and Freeza saga could still have happened, with King Piccolo finding some substitute for the Super Sayajin.

Perhaps some sort of...Super Namekian?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Silynt posted:

Yeah, I figure either the two main universe's Piccolos fuse, or one of them fuses with Gast. Or both!

No, what we need is a three-way Piccolo fusion.

Piccolo 18, Piccolo 16, and Demon King Piccolo. That's enough to make him pretty drat powerful.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Factory Factory posted:

In the new DBM page, it seems like the organizers aren't just carrying in the Dragon Balls but the idiot ball as well. They've had a half-dozen reality-warping extreme health-and-safety risks make mincemeat of their security already, and now they are placing the Dragon Balls in between all of these risks and asking them politely to stay put. Presumably also to not shout any wishes, either.

Also, does it seem like the fansubs for Dragon Ball Kai have ground to a halt? What's up with that?

Well, they can set up a protective barrier that takes Broly to break for the audience. Presumably they can set one up around the Dragon Balls, and set it up so that Shenron has a soundproof barrier around him.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Oh my god

Goku has a new thing on his gi!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

All of this and no one mentions that Freeza apparently has minions again.

The gently caress does he think he's going to do with them? Even Yamcha could wipe out those idiots.

Well, when five pure-hearted minions gather and pose, they transfer their energies into a pure-hearted frost demon. This allows them to achieve a new level...their truly, for realsies this time final form!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Covok posted:

Weighted training armor kind of lost all purpose after a while, didn't it? Unless Bulma invents armor that weighs more than a planet, but can still be worn as clothing, they really wouldn't get anything from it, would they?

Their bodies would weigh more when they are thrown against various objects, allowing them to hit it with more force.

Now I know that doesn't seem useful, but who knows when you'll need to do a kamehameha into an evil overlord's chest cavity, and maybe you just aren't forceful enough to piece their vital organs.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

The Bee posted:

This roster can't be real, can it? Its rivalling Budokai Tenkaichi 3 at this point. Hell, it has THREE Frieza Soldiers to play as!

Gotta be able to fight an army of disposable Frieza goons at the same time!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Unambiguous posted:

There's no way this Xenoverse roster is real, right? Man-Wolf is a character. As in that one random guy Jackie Chun fought in the first round of the second World Tournament. Not only that, but he has both a Man form and a Wolf form. This is far beyond BT3 levels of ridiculousness.

I see nothing wrong with this

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The Last one is just The Great Saiyanman Movie: Justice Across Space!

Featuring Kamen Rider Fourze!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Re: Frieza third form.

It feels like what was meant to happen is for Vegeta to hit his zenkai before Frieza transformed, think he's a Super Saiyan, beat the tar out of third form and challenge Frieza to go up to fourth so he can prove his Super Saiyan power, only for Frieza to then come back and beat the ever loving poo poo out of him. Narratively that gives third form purpose and also would play into Vegeta's arrogance more, as well as allow for a callback in the Cell saga where he does it again.

I think it was just really hard to draw third form because it's so elaborate?

Well, Cell stayed around for a while, and apparently Toriyama hated drawing all of his spots every time. Maybe he finally realized "Oh hey, they've been on Namek for several months now, probably should fix that. Skip the Xenomorph, move on to Androgynous mk. II."

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Okay, so either Captain Ginyu switches with Vegeta or Vegeta takes over the Ginyu Force. Since it's friendly and called the Venyu Force, I'm going to say the second one.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Thyrork posted:

I had to look this person up, because at first i thought you were referring to Lucca and i suddenly got the mental image of "Young Trunks" coming back in time with her kickass robot friend. :getin:

You remember Giru from GT? Well, he got an upgrade. Now he has the ability to spin in place and shoot lasers.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Look I just want to be Great Saiyanman and save the world. Please let this be the game to do that

I want to team up with Trunks and Videl in their Saiyamen outfits.

I also want to be able to do rider kicks.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

New Leaf posted:

So I finished Jaco. Loved it. Wish there was more. So is this new origin story canon over the Burdock movies? (Also, why does my phone have Burdock as a suggested option when I've always called him Bardock before reading the book and writing this post? That's bizarre.. That's not a real name is it?)

Burdock is a type of plant. All of the names in DBZ are probably some sort of pun.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Endorph posted:

'I wish I was a better martial artist than Goku!'

wait one year, gather dragon balls again

"I wish my power level was higher than Goku's!'

Since Goku hides his power level, Pilaf's power level stays the same.

I guess the worst he could do is make Goku a kid again, since that means GT happens.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

KoB posted:

Wasnt there one time where they just jumped up and grabbed the 4-star before it shot off?

Yeah, after the Fortuneteller Baba saga in the original Dragon Ball.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Firstborn posted:

So is it confirmed bullshit that Freeza was lying about his 530,000 power level? Or is it just something we have to accept as bullshit to make all the other zenkai in that saga make sense? I know why it's bad, and why it was dropped, but the idea of power levels still intrigue me.

Power Levels are bullshit, so it really doesn't matter if he was lying or not.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Okay, so, since the engine of Xenoverse apparently has trouble with model changes or something, we can work around this.

Saiyans get Super Saiyan mode.

Frost Demons go Super Frost Demon mode, like Freeza in the new movie.

Majin...uh...get buff? Like Super Buu.

Namekians also get buff, like Lord Slug.

Humans...uh...Great Saiyaman, but not a Saiyan?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Onmi posted:

Well it's back in Battle of Gods

King Kai took out a loan from Kibito Kai, he wanted to take the Snake Way real estate before the West Kai snatched it up.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Covok posted:

Revival of B would be impossible, no?

Well, they only just introduced Beerus and he IS the God of Destruction, so I doubt they would kill him off so-

Covok posted:

I mean Kid Buu is currently being born as Uub and Good Buu is Good.

Ooooh, oh. That makes much more sense.

Also, History of Trunks is amazing, and I liked the callback to Vegeta's rage scream across time and space.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Pureauthor posted:

What he ends up doing in the 'main' timeline.

He also has a wife and two adopted kids.

We were talking about this yesterday, so that was great timing for the thread to talk about what happened to 17 after the Cell Saga.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Pureauthor posted:

Piccolo was hardly heroic at that point

5-year old me disagrees with you, Piccolo was stronger than Goku and just wanted to give everyone else a fair chance.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Stallion Cabana posted:

because they didn't want do design for a big beef-slab lady.

Also for some reason 18 aged in GT but 17 didn't.

17 is very particular about how he looks, he just kept cutting his hair and getting plastic surgery to make himself look the same forever.

Either that or GT is dumb.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Onmi posted:

I swear to god I read that as the Great Salaryman

I AM AN ALLY TO BUSINESS!

I WILL NOT TOLERATE LAZINESS!

GREAT SALARYMAN!

"Sir, can you please stop posing on my desk?"

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Raserys posted:

Mutants seem to be pretty powerful in Dragon Ball, King Cold's family, Broly...

Next Dragon Ball villains?

No, perhaps some sort of Mechanized Mutant.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

mabels big day posted:

I want to see another world tournament arc in dragon ball super, where the hero's actually fight each other and its not rigged by mr satan.

Whis limits Goku and Vegeta and anyone else's power to the point where they and Mr. Satan are on even grounds.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

facebook jihad posted:

Cell's semi-perfect voice seemed a bit...inconsistent (maybe the point?). One minute he had a distinct warble to it, the next he sounded pretty much like what I expect Perfect Cell to sound like. A few times he sounded more like his previous form, I just couldn't really place it down. Again the more I process it the more it might have been intentional, but I dunno.

Well, he's not perfect yet, he's only semi-perfect. He has some...bugs...to iron out.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Raxivace posted:

Sounds good to me. Wonder what the deal with this new set of Dragon Balls will be.

You know how the Namekian Dragon Balls are bigger than Earth's set?

It's like that, but in Universe 6.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So, what would the Super Dragonballs do that's different from original flavor Dragonballs? Do they leave a minty scent in the air after a wish is granted, and that's the only difference?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Yamcha keeps trying to hang out with everyone, gets brushed off, heads to a bar.

There, he meets Piccolo, who has a part-time job now.

It's just a cover so that he can stare at Gohan out the window when he comes home from his Job/College/Whatever Gohan is Doing

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

New Leaf posted:

Edit2: Another Time Patrol plotline.. hmm.. Maybe it'll turn up in Super too!

The Time Patrol appears in Super, but only doing apparently mundane things until it turns out all of the things they did was to stop Majin Beerus from showing up.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

In It For The Tank posted:

How!? How do I make it Super Saiyan 3!?

Add 2 Mozzarella Sticks, 2 Fried Pickles, and die at least twice to train in Otherworld.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
does anyone in this thread actually like dragon ball?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
They also have to describe the fusion whenever they fuse, so that we know just how horrifying the gestalt entity is.

• Locked thread