Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

kalstrams posted:

Edit: Also, EVE reminded me how cruel she is. Or how stupid can I be.

Yeah, that's a bit of a headscratcher of a fit. You've got great DPS (for a Gnosis) on paper, but there's three big problems:

1) Blasters are limited to very short range; you can only hit stuff if you can stay in close range to it. (Doubly so in your case because you're using Tech-1 guns, which means you can't use Null ammo to increase your ange.)
2) Because you have no scram or web, you can only stay in close range to a target if you're faster than it.
3) The Gnosis aligns fast but has a very slow straight-line speed, and you have no modules to help that. (You move 1088m/s with perfect skills, which is slower than many battleships.)

The idea behind this fit is fundamentally bad. And that's even before we talk about the meta-1 modules on your ship. It's perfectly fine for newbies to not have Tech-2 modules trained up yet, but if that's the case, you should try to find cheap meta-3 or meta-4 modules to use instead. The only time to use meta-1 modules is when you're suicide ganking.

If you want to revisit this idea in the future, here's a slightly better version. It uses Tech-2 guns, it packs a scram/web to allow it to maintain its range, and it uses two overdrives to improve its mobility. (Using Overdrives is intentional in this case; the Gnosis already aligns very fast, Overdrives provide a better straight-line speed increase than Nanofibers, and the Gnosis has tons of cargo space to los.)

quote:

[Gnosis, shield buffer | Blasters | cheap]
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Null M
Medium Diminishing Power System Drain I

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Hammerhead II x5
Warrior II x5

Same effective HP, 25% faster, 40% more DPS, and it's got a scram and web to help keep your targets in range. The Nos helps you keep shooting when fighting ships with neuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

The bigger issue will be that exploration will generally be exhausted anywhere within 25 jumps of JU-. It's great if you can find unmolested grounds, but finding them will take some effort.

Still better than mining, though. :shudder:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I had a guy in my corp way back named Armeggeda Iscariah, we called him "Armeggeda isprimary" because he was always shot first since he was the only one on small gangs that started with an A.

If anyone deserves to be primaried all the time, it's Gedda.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I had a guy in my corp way back named Armeggeda Iscariah, we called him "Armeggeda isprimary" because he was always shot first since he was the only one on small gangs that started with an A.

If anyone deserves to be primaried all the time, it's Gedda.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

jadeddrifter posted:

Ok. I am going to have to get back into this game. I have always admired the Goons. Looking to join once I get my 3+ months on here. Thanks.

First one of the new thread! :dance:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Moving day. Hate so much. I've done 10 jumps in the JF and haven't even scratched the surface.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Elmnt80 posted:

Maybe you shouldn't be moving out of syndicate. :(

You guys can keep I-RED. :mmmhmm:

We're sad to leave Syndi, but the times are changing for microgang, and we can't keep our heads in the sand anymore. It's time to change with them.

e: Ben Booley: so this is what being in gsol is like

e2:

[19:27] <LexArson> we just blops'd onto a bunch of crappy xoth dudes hitting a poco in sarline
[19:27] <LexArson> and our scout goes "oh man pantheon carriers cyno'ing in"
[19:27] <LexArson> everyone gets excited
[19:27] <LexArson> "oh it's rote"

e3: Trail of Tears JPG is being linked (link)

e4: blatantly stolen from schadenfreude thread:

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 22, 2014

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

mynnna posted:

So which blob are you joining?

Proviblob, for at least the next few months. It'll be interesting, if nothing else.

Evoke has moved into TXW-EI, though. One irrelevant, dying alliance moves out of Syndicate, and another one promptly moves in. ;)

Elmnt80 posted:

gently caress... Take me to providence with you?

Cassius: "Groon are the only thing I'll really miss from Syndicate." D'awww.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

eriktown posted:

I thought Laz got Destiny to join AMOK.?

He did. Destiny got given an 80M SP character by one of his fanboys, and he ended up leaving Amok to start his own corp in Syndicate, like a lovely version of Brave Newbies. All the Syndicate locals have promptly started dunking on them 23/7.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Lowkin posted:

I don't want to PvP because I don't want to loving lose, I don't enjoy playing sports against people that are 3 divisions above me and have them just spread my rear end cheeks and go to town.

Sorry, honey. You win some, you lose some.

Here's a non-Goon perspective. I do a lot of PvP, enough that CCP has put some of my Fraps on their Facebook wall. I have the record for most ships lost in Rote's history, by a gigantic margin, and I've only been there for three years.

Sometimes you have a narrow win or loss where tiny changes in tactics or fitting would have made a difference.
Sometimes you get to fight 6 vs 1, take down 2-3 of them, but ultimately lose your ship, and call it fun and a win (despite having lost your ship).
Sometimes, you will get dunked, and there's nothing you can do about it.

And unless you get that experience of losing ships, learning what you did wrong, and improving next time... you will never get better.

A large part of Eve PvP is learning to not take losses personally. Losses are just a tool to teach yourself how to be even better.

Lowkin posted:

gently caress it I'm going back in my hole, I rub everyone the wrong way.

This is probably a good idea.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oooh, frigates!

New Worm is rear end. It's actually worse than the old Worm, which is impressive.

New Cruor and Succubus are fantastic.
Dramiel/DD are basically unchanged, which is also good.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

mikey posted:

I'd disagree, initially, though I'd like to play with it in EFT. It gained a lot: 8 effective drones / 3 effective launchers from 5 / 2, plus more grid, CPU, and speed. I guess it's worse against fast things like LML inties, but it should be considerably more effective against anything else, and easier to fit.

What's crucial is that it didn't gain much grid. The Worm is already horrible to fit; you cannot slap a baseline fit -- rockets, an MSE, and a prop mod -- onto it without at least one fitting mod or rig. Good luck trying to cram LMLs onto that piece of poo poo. Don't even think about trying to use that option high if you're using MWD. The extra CPU helps a bit, but not enough.

(And now that it has no rocket velocity bonus, it's tricky to kite with it as well.)

The drones are a mixed bag. Sure, you now have eight drones' worth of DPS on paper. But that's really not much; that's 130dps with Warriors. And the fact that you only have two of them is a real issue when you consider tracking. Before, you could toss out five drones, and one would occasionally miss a shot here or there, but the average would be pretty good. With two mega-strength drones, every single miss or glancing blow means half your potential damage is gone.

It also means your GTFO abilities are gone. Old Worm could choose between 5x Warriors/Hobgobs for the gank, and 5x EC-300s for getting out. New worm has two quadruple-strength damage drones... and two normal-strength ECM drones that probably won't do poo poo. (And since you're basically forced to do scram/web, getting out may be important.)

New Worm is pure, unfiltered rear end. It'll be good for running frigate plexes in highsec with a 10MN fit, and it'll be good for ganking noobs.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 25, 2014

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

mikey posted:

Seriously, usually I agree with ullerm's take on things, but I'm really not seeing the issues with the Worm. It can comfortably fit 2x RLII, 1mn MWD/Scram/Web/MSEII, DCII/DDAII/NanoII for 7300 EHP, 245dps, and very respectable speed (I am clearly incapable of doing Eve speed math, but I think that fit is around 3300m/s? e: more like 3000m/s?).
e2: With rigs and the increase in shield hp, the EHP of that fit is actually about 10k. That's.. really good?

Maybe its role/advantages have changed a bit, but I'd take this any day over the anemic ~160dps max current version that can't be properly fitted.

You are correct -- I had a typo in my PyFa database edit. :( My bad. I'm still underwhelmed; those uber-drones look good on paper, but I'm really confident that the tracking issues on them will kill a lot of your paper DPS.

I'm sad that I effectively can't create my EFT data files anymore.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Elmnt80 posted:

Don't, go to FW lowsec, you'll actually find frigates to fight.

Don't -- all the frigates there are dual damp LML condors/crows and simply run from anything that threatens them. Or overtanked Merlins, or single-damp nano Tristans, or instalocking rail Comets.

FW is an exercise in "what is the most risk-free way to camp Novice Sites and collect killmails." With occasional forays into slow armor balls with so many logi that it makes I-RED look ballsy.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Deofuta posted:

For those of you who enjoy tournament gameplay in eve, the New Eden Open is currently running on twitch.

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp

Defeated by bombers.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

OBi posted:

this thread is lame when goonfleet isn't at war, you guys need to have a falling out with one of your allies

the sooner the better

Just wait. Vale is looking less than stable these days.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

"Toon" is the most stupid digression ever. (Really, the last three pages make me want to burn this thread.)

When I want to know if someone is actually competent at Eve, I'm going to ask them practical questions about Eve. Ditto for any other MMO.

For example, if you can tell me what Damage Reduction Factor is and how it affects missile damage mechanics, without Googling it -- then I'm going to conclude that you probably know your poo poo about Eve, and from that point on I'm going to pay attention to what you say, regardless of whether you use "toon" or not. You've already established your intelligence at that point. Similar tests:

* How do you recoup your escrow costs when performing a margin trading scam?
* What's the process for calculating how many bombs you need to launch to kill a fleet of X?
* A ship has A/B/C/D base resists. I fit a DC, an EANM, and an armor hardener to it. How do I compute the final resists without using EFT?
* You're being orbited by a frigate with top speed X and inertia Y. You have top speed X2 and inertia Y2. Can you juke the tackle by overheating your MWD, yes/no?

By obsessing over "toon" as if it's some sort of shibboleth for intelligence/non-intelligence, you have performed a considerably more goony reinvention of "the narwhal bacons at midnight" -- and you deserve what you get.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

mikey posted:

Is it the speed/sig ratio, or what? It can obviously fit far more shield transfers and do cap chains, and used to be pretty good after the first logi rebalance.

The issue with the Basilisk isn't that it can do cap chains, but that it must do cap chains. Cap chains are generally considered a weakness at fleet sizes above 30.

On top of that, the Basilisk is particularly weak where cap chains are concerned: it needs two cap transfers incoming in order to maintain constant tank and reps, compared to a Guardian which is cap stable off a single transfer incoming.

Next, the resist profile sucks balls. Scimitar has fairly even base resists by default (75/60/40/50) and just needs invulns to get good resists. Basilisk, on the other hand, has two strong resists and one big honking hole (0/80/70/50), so it needs an EM hardener (or rigs) in addition to the invulns.

Next, the Basi has a signature radius that's 40% larger than the Scimi.

Next, the Basi is 210m/s slower than the Scimi under AB.

Next, the Basi has a lower scan resolution than the Scimi; it can lock farther, but it locks slower. (And you don't really care about locking out past 80km, since you can only rep out to 71km anyways.)

The Basi is the hilarious, terrible, awful joke of logistics. There is only one situation in this game where an appropriately fitted Scimitar doesn't outperform the Basi: incursion running.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

mikey posted:

It's not a question of whether or not they know the game, but rather how socially insufferable they are. The many '-ies' abbreviations are a red flag for the worst of Eve/MMO pubbie vernacular pollution. If someone is saying 'toon', there's a high chance they hold all manner of stupid cultural or social ideas inherited from the many terrible, toxic pubbie MMO communities.

You have ENLI and WIDOT in your forums and mumble. You're already swimming in toxic waste. Goons stopped being a cultural bastion years ago.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

gwrtheyrn posted:

The MWD basi could actually rep more than the mwd scimi that was used for drakefleet if I remember correctly, but nobody flew them anyways

This is correct -- an MWD Scimi can only fit three large reps, compared to the Basi's four. (Or, alternately, two large and two A-type mediums, which puts you at roughly 3.75 reps, with the med reps having >60km range. But the expense, and added challenge in cap management, means that very few people fly that.)

However, the downsides of the Basilisk are so severe that it is almost always easier to just bring a few more MWD Scimitars than it is to set up a capchain for MWD Basilisks.

As it is, Basilisks only make sense for incursion running because of its two unique constraints:
* The payout is scaled to the number of people in the site, which strongly encourages smaller fleets.
* There's a huge amount of neuting NPCs.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

mikey posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of M.O.D.O.T. (Mental Organism Designed Only for Theorycrafting)

Yeah, well, somebody's gotta post that poo poo. Otherwise, this thread would devolve into "yeah, it's totally awesome being dumb as rocks. Also, dear mynnna, please continue to perform your market black wizardry so that we can still have SRP for the doctrines that our FCs have told us to fly for some reason."

fakeedit: Also, Rhymenoserous has pretty much done the only good critique of my post thus far, and you should all read it.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

The best part of CW, really, is that he PMed me on the forums asking about how to get into Groon.

I tried to scam him, with Groon's awareness (to quote a director, "If he's honestly dumb enough to be scammed by someone not in the corp he's applying to then he deserves everything he gets.") -- but Nulli stole all his poo poo before I could.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

orange juche posted:

Now you know why everyone unanimously reacted with "gently caress that guy"

Not everyone :v:

quote:

ullerrm wrote on Oct 7, 2013 16:38:

drat, not getting much out of this guy. I'm moving on to a dumber mark. I'll point him to you, but I wouldn't take him.

quote:

GROON wrote on Oct 7, 2013 23:45:

Meh, if he turns out to be an insufferable shithead we'll just troll him out. v0v

quote:

ullerrm wrote on Oct 7, 2013 19:02:

http://themittani.com/news/sordid-story-cerebral-wolf

That summarizes CW pretty well.

quote:

GROON wrote on Oct 8, 2013 00:07:

Yeah, I remember that story. Like I said, we can always troll him out.

e: un-nested quotes

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 6, 2014

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Booley posted:

I wish I had logs of the last person I outed as a spy. He complained so much in TS when I DDed his dread.

That was epic. IIRC, I was at Eve Vegas at the time, and I was scrambling to get internet access in the Bellagio lobby so I could get into TS3 to discuss whether we should awox them or not.

I had people at EV asking me in person about it within 10 minutes of you DDing :p

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Bagu posted:

This really makes me wonder if I should start going to Eve Vegas. I've offered to put up goons for it before, but most people would rather shell out for a hotel than need a car to travel the 30 minutes from my house.

If you're local, EveVegas is going to be just a social mixer -- it's fun, but nothing to write home about. Talk to Zapa and see if you can get into the Saturday night party; skip the rest of the convention and read the announcements on TMDC.

For non-locals, EveVegas is primarily an excuse to get lewd in Vegas, and if you do some Eve-related poo poo along the way, that's cool too. (And, in the case of last year, taking as much of Somer Blink's isk as possible.)

When I was Rote executor, it was an opportunity to gladhand people, make political connections, and drink Courthouse's liquor. If I go this year (and I probably will) it is going to an opportunity to get shitfaced and stare at titties, and drink Courthouse's liquor.

e: To be clear, the issue at hand is that EV is almost always in October, which means it's between expansions. So sometimes the Eve content consists of new exciting stuff, and sometimes it's just a rehash of stuff you already saw in dev blogs (or at Fanfest). It's fun for Eve players, to be sure -- but it's not something I'd go to Vegas for on its own merits. Thankfully, Vegas is my exact idea of a good time, so I can entertain myself plenty inbetween the nerdage.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 6, 2014

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Klyith posted:

No boundaries wins, PL is out! I just had the thought that the only thing that could make Goonfleet's tournament history any funnier would be if Groon (and Rote) won this one. That would just be the most amazing thing.

(Also I have no idea how PL didn't bring out some AT ships for that match.)

PL hasn't been able to practice effectively. They've spent a while running from Hydra spies (just like everyone else in the NEO at the moment), and eventually moved into a WH. Unfortunately, Hydra managed to infiltrate that as well.

On Friday night, Hydra rapecaged the staging POS, and then built a cock-and-balls out of bubbles outside of the POS.
Anchored cans are spurting out of the tip of the cock, and each can is named with a different URL -- each one leading to a Youtube of PL practicing a various comp.
(Except for one, that was a little "hello" message from Hydra.)

Oh, and #rekt spelled out in mobile depots.

I'll see if I can post some pics.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Kuvo posted:

Is the Pirate frigate rebalance this patch?

No, that's for "Summer". Unclear if it will be a Rubicon 1.4, or if it's the next expansion.
(My money's on the latter.)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

vyst has it. and the full image is in the OP.

Booley posted:

I don't know, what does the OP say?

For about thirty seconds, my mind started putting together a Ylvis parody -- what does the auth say -- but I couldn't continue after "and mittens goes smug-smug-smug."

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

e:f,b ^^^^ and we showed up late.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Deofuta posted:

http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=24944

I think the real crime that occurred here was letting a Phoenix escape :colbert:

The Phoenix is dead now :D

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=100846

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh man. Intro posts AND image macros. You're gonna go far, kid.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Margaret Thatcher posted:

Oh sorry, I'm part of BNI.

The corp is definitely losing the touch it once had, it's not even really to do with the boringness of sov grinds or null sec politics - but to do with BRAVE leaders being really unclear about what we're doing, why and how we're meant to do it.

Huh, what BNI toon are you using now? Didn't you get booted from BNI when you were playing as Jim McMorris?

Your application to Rote is framed on our wall, metaphorically speaking. The word "superchill" became a short-lived meme here :)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Thrasophius posted:

Gihon at the end of the mail it says the money goes toward dojo fund what's that I presume a training program? BNI refuses to give newbies new ships but says the moneys going toward the SRP program how is BNI still a thing if that's the poo poo that's going on in there.

I wish this was a joke but from everything else that's been leaked here that doesn't seem to be the case.

The corp mail is real. However, I am 99% sure that it's a joke/troll.

And frankly, the stuff that's not an obvious troll is even funnier.

quote:

If you are going to QUIT, QUIT!!!

NOONE CARES OR WANTS TO HEAR YOUR SAD STORIES AND JUSTIFICATIONS ABOUT WHY YOU WANT TO BASICALLY QUIT.

If you are space poor, fly to a hub and buy a plex or two then sell it in game for isk....

Or the alliance cap building program ... where builders issue bids on how cheaply they can build a cap for you. Reddit libertarians at their finest.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 21, 2014

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Deofuta posted:

Honestly, while I also agree that this is not only a joke but one made at the expense of those who have been trying to read into BNI too much over the past couple days, when I first jumped into their mumble that was literally the advice being given (Buy 2 plex and sell them for enough isk to fund the entire deployment).

After that I spent about an hour talking to them about doing things like Factional Warfare and Incursion running, but it is still something some of them like to throw up.

Unless they can learn to deal with bombing runs, two PLEXes isn't going to last them two weeks, much less the time it'll take for them to establish a foothold in Catch.

Something that I haven't seen anyone mention here, btw: In the last alliance meeting, they voted to demote all alliance directors except Lychton and Matias. BRAVE is effectively a dictatorship now.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

goodness posted:

ANI seem to go about 30km, what are Harpy's range?

ANIs shoot out to 20km with MF, 40ish with Standard, 70km with Aurora.
Harpies reach out to just shy of 70km with Spike.

So, it's about the same range. However, ANIs do more DPS, with more alpha strike, and they're packing 90k EHP with ganglinks. For a cruiser, they're shockingly sturdy. Assuming that neither side has a huge number advantage, Harpyfleet will struggle to break their tanks at long range, and you're running the risk of getting alphaed at close range.

e:

mikey posted:

Voted? Who voted, those two? Or did the other alliance leaders actually vote themselves out?

They voted themselves out. They're going to remain as a non-binding "council" that advises the two official directors.

To be fair, that's honestly one of the best ways to do it. BRAVE leadership thus far has been executed by a massive council with votes on every key decision, with the usual splay of abstentions / bargaining / etc. involved. It's only worked up until this point because they haven't had anything to lose while living in lowsec.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

vulvamancer posted:

So apparently this titan:

https://zkillboard.com/detail/37672362/

Got blown up 5 minutes after Chribba handed him the keys.

[2014.03.21 20:13:11] Chribba > cyno confirmed, sending ISK to ***

That happens when you have your exit cyno loitering around for a while, and then light the cyno with neutrals in local.

This is why, if possible, you light at least two jumps at once -- that way, if poo poo goes sour, a travel-fit cap can jump again before their session change timer ends. (May not be valid for Ragnaroks, sadly, as their cap regen is really lovely.)

And if you can't do that, then you set up a bookmark that's at the center of the system's sun, and light the cyno there.
And if you can't do that, you jump to a cyno right as it self-destructs, and if you don't appear at the center of the sun, you immediately MWD-align and warp to a safe.
And if you can't do that, you just don't jump solo.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Skuto posted:

Your post just makes me realize that I know jack poo poo about caps. Can you explain the two jumps thing, and the center of the sun thing?

I also don't get the Chribba message, how do those handoffs work exactly?

Explaining the "two jumps" thing:

Jumping to a cyno triggers a session change, just like jumping through a gate. You'll be uncloaked, but nobody will be able to lock you for 30 seconds. This invulnerability is canceled if you activate a module, or do anything considered an intentional movement (double click in space, clicking orbit / keep at range, etc).

Jumping to a cyno consumes 72% of your capacitor. This is the main mechanic that prevents someone from rapidly jumping.

If you are travel fit -- mids full of cap rechargers, lows full of cap power relays -- then it is possible for you to recharge up to 72% and make a second jump before your session change invulnerability timer runs out. If you do this, it won't matter if your first cyno has a HIC waiting at it, because you'll be gone before the HIC can lock you.

(Of course, an even better choice is ensuring that your first cyno is safe.)

Explaining the center of the sun thing:

There's a couple of ways to make a bookmark that is inside a solar system's sun. If you have one of these bookmarks, then you can warp to it; you'll exit warp inside the sun, and then the sun (with its incredibly high mass) will bump you, ejecting your ship out in a random direction at extremely high speed (multiple AU/sec).

If you warp to the bookmark in a cyno ship, and light the cyno immediately upon landing, then your cyno beacon will go up inside the sun while your cyno ship is bumped out. Any ship jumping to the cyno will be bumped out, as will any ship trying to warp to the cyno from inside that system.

Because you're bumped by the sun after you exit warp, you are allowed to activate any module you want while moving at this high speed, including cloaks.

Put it all together, and you'll see why this is one of the safest ways to move caps -- although also one of the slowest.

Explaining buying supercaps using Chribba:

Chribba operates an escrow service. Basically, the buyer and seller negotiate a price, and then agree to use Chribba as an intermediary. How it works 99% of the time is:

* Buyer gives Chribba the isk, plus a small additional fee.
* Buyer, seller, and Chribba meet up at a POS.
* Seller ejects from the ship. Buyer jumps into ship.
* Buyer jumps to his private exit cyno.
* Chribba observes all this, and releases isk to seller.

If the seller tries to renege at any point (kill the buyer, refuse to release the ship, tackle the buyer after he purchases it, etc.) then Chribba gives the money back to the buyer.

For an additional fee, he will directly take possession of your super and sell it for you.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 21, 2014

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Skuto posted:

Awesome explanation, many thanks. So in this case the buyer jumped to his cyno, got tackled instantly, and Chribba gives the money to the seller because it's not his fault the other guy got tackled at a cyno they're not supposed to know the details of anyhow.

Exactly. The guy failed Supercap Ownership 101; that's not Chribba's problem, nor is it the seller's problem.

(And he didn't quite get tackled instantly -- he cloaked up where he landed, only to have a HIC land on him in close proximity.)

The Titan pilot posted on reddit, and it's pretty much what you'd expect:

quote:

This was my Rag that died. I owned it for a glorious 30 seconds, and it was amazing. I recommend it to everyone.
Story from my perspective.
Upon purchasing the titan, there were multiple sets of combat probes out in the system so I opted to cyno out.
I had multiple cyno toons in place, and my primary and secondary systems were too active. The system I chose had 2 people and very little activity.
I self-destructed the cyno toon and lit the cyno with 10 seconds left. By the time grid loaded on the titan I saw the broadsword landing... I made a pointless attempt to cloak before I was decloaked and pointed. Then this showed up:
http://i.imgur.com/UbK0xV0.jpg
Best 30 seconds of my life.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

deadtear posted:

Oof, that rag travel fit has a 240s recharge time before implants/gang bonuses etc. Down to 180 exactly if you drop the dc for another cpr.

Ragnaroks have horrific capacitor. A tank-fit Rag will take nearly twenty minutes to reach jump cap. :(

Their sole saving grace is that they align in a single MWD cycle, so they're good for driveby DDs. (And the passive fleet bonus is fantastic for AHAC fleets, which is ironic given that it's a shield super.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

hemophilia posted:

... because if there's one thing CCP is loving diligent about, it's purging anything relating to national socialism, which /pol/ is very fond of.

Are you kidding? Syndicate has people flying around it with "14/88" in their name, and GROON members have gotten muted (or even temp-banned) for calling him a Nazi. When Fon Revedhort ran for CSM, he literally put white-power songs in his advertisement videos, and CCP did not give a poo poo, right up until "neo-Nazi running for office" became a PR issue for them.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Was that a doomsday on that Rag? Did that pilot not even fire his doomsday?

Firing a doomsday locks you in place for a period of time, leaving you unable to warp, jump, or cloak. The pilot was trying to organize a fleet to save him as he died, so firing the DD wouldn't have helped his cause.

Of course, if you know you're hosed, might as well fire it and take someone out on your way down. And trust me, he was hosed.

Another free lesson from Supercap Ownership 101: When you're moving a super (or otherwise are not in a combat situation), you refit one of your high slots to a cyno. That way, if you get tackled, you can light a cyno and have triage carriers jump directly to you to try and save your rear end. The dead Rag had his cyno in his fleet hangar instead, completely useless to him.

• Locked thread