Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Shath Hole posted:

NFL.com's Mike Silver reports a "battle is shaping up" between the Giants and Rams for free agent G/T Geoff Schwartz.
Both teams have extreme needs along their offensive lines, particularly in the interior. That's where Schwartz is best utilized. Schwartz can play both guard spots and right tackle.

I'd really like to see the Seahawks throw their name in the hat for Geoff Schwartz. For all their strengths, the O-line is mediocre on a good day. They need to come out of FA with a new starting guard and RT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Tzen posted:

More good Vikings players? :hawksin:

Apparently Paul Allen is never going to forgive them for the Hutchinson poison pill.

fake edit: nor should he

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Kalli posted:

Seahawks just cut Chris Clemons.

Hmmmm. Allen incoming?

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Detroit_Dogg posted:

gently caress this dumb team

Mike Valenti ‏@MikeValenti971 1m
Per Former NFL Agent Joel Correy on cbssports Tate will get 5yr $35M, 17.5M guaranteed, $22.5M first 3yr. Dear god.

Now I'm seeing reports that Tate walked away from a 5 yr, $35M contract offer from the Seahawks.

Listen, Golden Tate is a much better receiver than this board gives him credit for. He's not a true #1 because he lacks the top end speed, but aside from that he's a top notch receiver and a way above average #2. I don't want the Seahawks to lose him, but even I would peg his value at $5M per year tops.

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Intruder posted:

Seahawks fans knew Browner was never going to play another down for them so they entered sasfreeagentchart.jpg territory early

Also his replacement outperformed him

This. Browner is an amazingly physical man coverage corner, but god forbid you put him in zone coverage (for which he got benched briefly in Seattle).

TLDR: Let Revis do the thinking and let let Browner lay the wood. ==Success.

Benne posted:

I'm so drat happy T-Jax is back. Best offseason move so far. :unsmith:

Let's be honest, resigning Michael Bennett was the best move. This is a close second. Resigning Mike Rob would be in strong contention for third best move.

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Dang. Bye Whitehurst. I like you a lot.

Why? Do you hate football?

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Chichevache posted:

The makings of? That's a loving hell of an understatement. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Revis and Browner is probably the best corner tandem in the league right now, unless Byron Maxwell makes a loving huge leap in 2014.

Huge leap? Maxwell was better than Browner last year. I'm betting the same holds true this year. No disrespect to Browner, who is great and I love the man, but Maxwell was flat out fantastic. Nobody thought Browner was getting his starting job back even if he'd won the suspension appeal.

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Sweeney Tom posted:

Seahawks signed kicker Steven Hauschka. 3 years, $9.15 mil, $3.35 mil guaranteed.
Huzzah! To me, Hauschka was the second most important free agent they had. Dude was money last year.

I'd really like to see them get Sidney Rice and Henry Melton on cheap 1-2 year contracts. I'd actually deem free agency a great success for the Seahawks if that happened.

Getting Allen on the cheap would be great too, but I just don't see that happening. I'd rather they put that money towards extending Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Vhak lord of hate posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they extended Thomas in the next few weeks and used the tag on Sherm, if the rumors are true and the cap gets bumped up to 160 mil in 2016 then I think they'd be fine then.

It would be kind of genius if they could extend Thomas and Maxwell this offseason because otherwise there's no way they keep Maxy after next year. I don't think they're going to do this because A) Maxwell knows he's going to have a chance to get seriously paid after next season if he keeps playing like he has so far, and B) extending Maxwell before Sherman would probably infuriate Sherman.

• Locked thread