Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The most like the Forest is being a Bellkeeper yes. However, the bell zones are far more constrained than the forest, which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you liked about forest invasions.

Nothing is "broken" about the Brotherhood of Blood or the Blue Sentinels. They work just fine and even have access to their own duel arenas for easier PVP matchmaking. However, they both have an incredibly stupid element where it takes 500 wins each to max out the covenant ranks, and losses cause you to go down in total wins.

The Dragon covenant has a really easy time gettng duels now, because the zone with the covenant leader can be used to set up pvp matches, unlike in Dark Souls 1

The Rat covenant is this games Gravelords, except actually interesting and functional and satisfying. You basically have a choice between a small and compact and large and expnasive dungeon to be the dungeon keeper of, and its a one-on-one contest to see if they can kill you before they die to you and your traps and monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You'll wish you could cheat once you realize what a pain in the rear end it is to get loving twinkling titanite and dragon bones. I'd rather kill dragons and clams all day everyday.

15 to upgrade a boss weapon my sexy rear end

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

neetengie posted:

There needs to be a drat good story/lore reason why False King is back, since the actual King Allant is dead. Also no Maiden in Black around so there needs to be a good reason for Soulsucker to be back too.

You would think that. But they really don't. They could just you know...do it. I mean would it bother you that much? would the tears never cease running down your cheeks, looking for lore that's not there? wondering when the next 50 minute youtube video is...but it never comes. never

Make Nineball the final boss is what I'm saying

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
So whats been happening lately besides the worlds largest set of patch notes. I haven't played the game since early april. Is the DLC almost out?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
So is there a comprehensive list of the items in the DLC plus descriptions that doesn't involve looking at 4chan? Thanks a bizunch

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Listen we have a lifetime to poo poo on genocyber. Maybe even more than that. But I wanna know about the weapons and armor noooow with no spoilers towards bosses and the areas. Because I'm bored.

Please help me

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm not sure how having a one (two?) frame parry is good FOR THE META, but whatever. Was it a mistake? Someone at FROM trolling? Does it even matter?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Hey I'm sorry but where is my free item from...FROM? How does this free stuff mechanic work? Do I need to be online?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I wonder...did any of the datamined and hacked weapons feel particularly like they would come from a boss? Everything shown off so far seems to look like it comes from the regular enemies with no real crazy effects.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You'd probably get more mileage out of lightning crossbow bolts from an Avelyn overall as far as lighting themed ranged attacks go. Not as visually satisfying but what are ya gonna do.

Sunlight Blade is still worth using too

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
If you think DS1 pvp wasn't a mess even after AOTA i don't know what to tell you.

They changed a bunch of stuff, and made a completely different mess this time. That's about it.

Editor's Note: This isn't a claim that it isn't fun or whatever before someones tears manages to type out a post about how I'm wrong. Who loving cares.

Also I think the stat system has always been stupid. Having to put in like 10 points in a stat to get a 2 point damage increase past 50 stat points is ridiculous. Either cap damage stats at 50 or remove the soft and hard caps. At least that's my dumb opinion.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Please FROM

Give it to me

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I just want to point out that this move

http://www.gfycat.com/AgonizingOrdinaryAsianelephant

is a move used by Kazuya and Heihachi in the Tekken series called Thunder God Fist

So what I'm saying is get ready to fight one or both in a volcano for that stupid crown

The King of Iron Bridge Tournament

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You accumulate sin the longer you use the Lost Sinner Sword

nah just kidding. you don't...maybe

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
How much money have people spent on you genocyber? Its getting kind of ridiculous

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Well, Dark Souls 1 (maybe 2?) had that bug/framerate issue where the game would ignore your last few inputs and start doing them about 1 second or more afterwards to be fair. FROM patched it a few times but I don't remember them ever fully getting rid of it.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Why would I check neoGAF for loving anything lmao

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Alabaster White posted:

I'm sick of all these goddamn hackers :( I summoned a red spirit thinking they were also into unarmed fighting but nope, just another rear end in a top hat with an invisible Monastery Scimitar and Shadow Dagger.

...you do realize there are two rings that can hide your weapons right?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Alabaster White posted:

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. Let's be serious, none of these assholes got them legitimately, especially not in the early millions of SM.

...why people can't be good at this game?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Listen this is just my opinion, but as long as someone doesn't hack themselves the ability to float in the sky and have infinite life, I could give a gently caress what they give themselves as long as it technically exists.

I mean someone spent 10 bux on Genocyber just because he hacked himself weapons that are neither OP and would be out in less than a week. The people in Dark Souls threads are way too crazy.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Two things about Wrathful Axe

The Wrathful Axe does indeed have Faith scaling, but its only a requirement for the special attack. Everything else is merely pure physical. If you're pure STR/DEX its one of the strongest halberds even with no investment in Faith at all, since imo the attack can be safely ignored because it takes too loving long and isn't as good as its Dark Souls 1 equivalent (Grant based Wrath of the Gods).

The explosion move requires Faith to use, but is purely dark element. This means that you must also put points into INT to increase its power, since dark scales off both stats. That said, its dark scaling is some of the worst in the game. At 50 Faith/50 INT it increases the power of the explosion by about 20. Not worth the points. If you wanna use the explosion, just level faith unless you just happen to also be some kind of Quality/Dark hybrid aka I'm gonna stack these levels baby!!!!!!

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Aug 10, 2014

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Greatsword worse the Drakewing and Smelter's? Every other ultragreatsword Low Tier? I dunno about that. Tier lists sure are wacky!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

You're supposed to be parrying that late? It looks like the attack has already finished to me!

Latency is a bitch

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
FROM please nerf

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Anime is everywhere and a key component to many things that Totally Own

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm so hype to Dragon Kick and Thunder God Fist and cast new fire explosions on NPCs/PCs you don't even loving know

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It had everything. Great DPS for PvE, good reach and wide hitboxes, relatively safe. They have since nerfed the overall damage but its still a very good weapon.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Having spells? Thats a hack

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Nahxela posted:

Much like your Dark Souls 2 skills, hey-o

See me in MH4U i'll beat you...at killing the monsters really fast!!!!!!!!!!!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm hype

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
does the....majestic greatsword get any additional scaling like it did before? Did the moves get property changes?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

does the....majestic greatsword get any additional scaling like it did before? Did the moves get property changes?

I just wanna make sure my question doesn't get ignored.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Genocyber do any of the new weapons have new Forward+R2 attacks? Also...what's the weight of the weapon you know I want to ask the weight of?

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 26, 2014

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
No new leaping attacks huh? Well thanks!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Make sure to visit Vendrick for more dialogue!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Stormgale posted:

Which dialogue is it supposed to be, I can never remember which dialogue I have heard before

He congratulates you on "killing another creature" (most likely killing another Child of Dark???) and then he goes on a little bit about Manus and his children. He also quotes the opening of Dark Souls 1, so Vendrick probably knows the real history of the world.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I had never seen a black phantom drop anything in my whole time playing this game until one of the Prowlers in this DLC dropped something.

A lot of red phatoms have drop tables, its just really rare. For example, any Elite Knight red phantoms can drop any piece of the Elite Knight set at +5 upgrade level.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

What doesn't?

If you're wearing a piece of Veldstat's armor when you fight the Fume Knight he automatically goes into his second phase.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Whats the fastest way to get 44 twinkling titanite? Using Cheatengine doesn't count (PS3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Majestic Sword Spin To Win is so good now that it actually hits twice unlike DS1 version. The DPS is through the roof and its definitely top 5 for moves in PVE. The super long range special jump still isn't that great again but the powerstance hyper flip jump is decent.

ARTORIAS