Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Maxwell Lord posted:

At this point we're all dancing around the fundamental truth that they should bring back War Games.

Isn't that something that HHH has wanted to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

You mean, from the Raw that aired against one of the biggest presidential debates ever?

No, say it isn't so.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

coconono posted:

Ryback's just sad because he can't get fuckin booked, his podcast is tedious verbal effluvia and he's so loving dumb he gets confounded by a drat Panera menu.

What's this Panera thing about?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Doesn't the Rock have a clause in his movie contracts saying that he gets to bring in his own guys to do script rewrites?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Someone real mad about NXT and AEW, courtesy of WrestleForum:

Thread title: "NXT wrestlers wrestle like video game characters"

Jim Cornette made a WrestleForum account?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

karmicknight posted:

Okada turned wearing long pants and switching back into shorts into a story that paid off at the biggest show of the year to rapturous applause.

I think I need an explanation for this one.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Oh God that's right they aired several weeks of vignettes of NXT people coming up, almost all of whom promptly disappeared/never did anything again only for WWE to call up a fresh batch of NXT callups like 3 months later... including Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa right at the climax of their year-long feud, but just randomly made them a tag team again and the overwork hosed up Ciampa's already hosed neck and he had to vacate the title and the feud never got a blow-off... then Gargano just went back to staying in NXT for good anyway.

Not everyone disappeared! Lacey ended up getting a massive push that continues to this day! :sigh:

EDIT: Looking at all six of them...

Lacey ended up getting pushed into a title feud with Becky and has been a constant presence ever since.
Nikki ended up as Alexa's partner, which hey, there are worse things to happen to you.
Heavy Machinery...yeah. Comedy tag team that never gets to wrestle, but at least Otis has a love story going on with Mandy at the moment? :v:
Lars was murdered by Kalisto and thus we were spared from a Lars/Cena Wrestlemania match.
What's an EC3?

Things could probably be worse for most of them. I guess Nikki is the one who's ended up in the best spot?

Vandar fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 19, 2020

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Does main eventing Wrestlemania, having the record for most women's titles in the WWE, retiring Trish Stratus, and breaking Asuka's monumental winning streak not count as moments or...?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Can someone remind me of the details of the Chris Regal story? I know he's a TNA fan that faked his own death but I'm drawing a blank on the specifics of what happened there.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

That's the stuff. Thanks!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It's this. This probably set him off.

https://twitter.com/tom_moore_104/status/1224147505950199808

Beyonce and Jay-Z didn't stand for the magic freedom song either, so that probably got under his skin too.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Quiet you guys, he might see you talking about him and have a meltdown on Twitter again!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Y'all should check out CinemaWins:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8h3ri2WN_-IbviBlWtUcQ

They go out of their way to find the good parts in some of the worst movies out there. They're a much needed response to CinemaSins. I like the channel a bunch.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Didn't the Ferguson event derail Vince's original plans for the New Day?

Like, the original New Day debuted, and then Ferguson happened, and they went 'OH poo poo THIS SEEMS LIKE A BAD IDEA' and took them off TV to retool them?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

OFFICER LIGER posted:

There is some excellent pants making GBS threads going on over this new dave/bischoff twitter spat

...details?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

lol they just sent a poo poo ton of their food to Asuka for a youtube thing

That video is how I learned that Japan apparently doesn't have crab cakes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It's still there, you just have to click the original tweet and scroll down to it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1251361058687680513

Of all the people to poo poo on, you're really going to try and poo poo on Sami Zayn? Really?

MJeff posted:

I had to make sure Gruve Turcoat wasn't real.

Between this, the WWE thread, and the WWE Releases Megathread, I'm honestly not sure who's real and who's not anymore. :argh:

Vandar fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 18, 2020

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

njsykora posted:

he is a stupid fan with stupid opinions despite thinking of himself as a dude with scoopz.

Excuse you. He thinks of himself as an ‘IWC Community Leader,’ thank you very much. :smuggo:

Vandar fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 18, 2020

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I personally find Rovert post funnier than the endless stream of chuds or people with the IQ of a child being weird to women.

What if a rovert post managed to combine both chuddiness AND being weird about women?

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1252051954911588353?s=20

Vandar fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 20, 2020

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The live action Resident Evil movies are better than the dumb CGI ones they made that were based on the games. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Remember when Stephanie and Brie were feuding and instead of Stephanie getting her comeuppance at the end she somehow replaced herself in the feud with Nikki and then somehow Nikki won the feud and made her sister her slave and then they just dropped the angle completely?

Good times, good times.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Why is it North Carolina, every single time*

*Every time it's not Florida

We North Carolinians are not bright people, unfortunately. :sigh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I also liked the choices of companies like AEW paying a massive amount of money to tiktok

Should have paid off FlimFlam instead. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Is there something about her specifically or do all female talent get this kinda bizarreness?

They all get it but Alexa seems to get it most of all.

I’m still not over that creepy Bowling for Soup video from earlier this year.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Impact has a real solid women's roster, I'd honestly say it's better overall than AEW's right now.

RealFoxy posted:

Impact has survived like 8 different extinction events that should have closed the company and they're still trucking on. It's truly inspiring

Truly, they are the cockroach of the wrestling industry.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

This dude is reddit embodied into a putrid monster,

https://mobile.twitter.com/TeamLouie/status/500522444914823168

gently caress. this. dude.

What did this one say?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

Rovert likes attention.

I'm going to take his bait and give it to him then.

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1333190992686706688

What quote are we making up this time?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

it seems like you're addressing the poster Vandar as god. But in my opinion, that user isn't god. comment?

Well, as far as you know...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

MJeff posted:

McDonalds is an immoral company that abuses its employees but Jeus Christ those fries.

McDonalds fries are TRASH. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

There's way too many drat brits around here for me to agree it's a mostly American forum. It's like half brits half North Carolinians.

Yo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

IceAgeComing posted:

This is a review left on AZM's page. I admittedly can't read... Spanish I think it is but I get enough to understand that this is a very silly review to leave

"This 14 year old girl is VERY GREEN 0/10". Its especially funny when you consider the fact that AZM is now a very very good wrestler so he was totally wrong!

'Greener than Piccolo' is a pretty great line ngl.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

I don't get people on there who act like Meltzer has some anti WWE bias when in reality he's often too kind when it comes to them. Just listen to him defend this Lana story line even though it makes no sense whatsoever.

He's friends with the Bucks so that invalidates anything he might have to say. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

All Out getting 31% of the vote for Worst PPV makes me laugh.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Was Charlotte murdering Kairi this year or last year? With the distorted flow of time during 2020 I honestly can't remember.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Alaois posted:

actually wracking my brain to figure out who in AEW is a male cheerleader

Probably talking about Sonny Kiss.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Pylons posted:

I had kind of a "come on, really?" feeling because it wasn't really something they hinted at on raw (to my knowledge) and it's obviously not going to lead to anything.

They didn't have it planned until after Raw, probably, when they realized that Beach Break was a thing that was happening and wanted to take eyes off of it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Lid posted:

r/SquaredCircle
•Posted byu/thistlefink
37 minutes ago
How does McIntyre evade criticism here

Smack down ratings up the same time Raw ratings plummet

Dead storylines left and right on Raw

Can’t name a single heel that has been elevated by feuding with McIntyre

It’s been a year of feeding everyone and their mom to Drew with zero return on investment, yet the Drew police on SC come out hard any time anyone even begins to question why this guy has been given so much rope to hang the show with.

You really mean to tell me Miz, Bray, Braun, Kofi, AJ, or gasp someone new to the top of the card can’t do better than this?

Hasn't like 90% of Drew's time as champ been spent feuding with Orton?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Tonfa posted:

Twitter meme bandwagon fans are on one

He did a response to that video's response too.

(Apparently he thinks having Veny in the tournament is 'pushing an agenda.' :sigh:)

Vandar fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

*runs into the thread, breathing heavily, obviously tired*

S-sorry I'm late. B...Best F(r)iends, with The Fiend's face shopped over Tommy Wiseau's and The Best Friends and Orange Cassidy over the other folks.