Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

super macho dude posted:

And right before the years end, we get one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen for 2015. God bless you BCB.

Eh, no, not really.

I mean, that list of "big names who aren't working directly for WWE right now or are 100% retired" is basically the same list I'm sure they've written on a whiteboard in TNA as people they WANT to have. And all the indy names would actually make sense. The only question is, does TNA have the money to pay any of those people who aren't already in TNA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Pop is probably open to TNA doing a 24-hour special Impact. Pop probably doesn't give a gently caress because it's the TV Guide channel.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vince MechMahon posted:

AEW counter programs by signing Joshi legend Hatsune Miku.

P sure she already has a legends contract with WWE or something, she appeared at that one hell in the cell show

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

and the ultimate

https://twitter.com/ChrispyCruiser/status/1258574481213325312

(Chris Cruise the guy who ratted on AEW to the Maryland commission)

How does one get in on this 12,000 to somethingawful, I will post even more glowingly about AEW for like a hundo, c'mon, I got bills

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

We're WCW diehards like this in the year 2000?

We were just desperately clinging to anything we could talk up as not being loving terrible, personally

Jung dragons and three count did a lot of heavy lifting in some dire days

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

sticklefifer posted:

I'm hoping by the name and handle that it's a little kid, and not a 50 year old who texts stream of consciousness without punctuation exactly like my uncle.

It’s a person who uses an augmentative/alternative communication device, has ADD, autism, and likely other issues. I would step back from trying to poo poo on this person too hard, personally

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nea posted:

I think folks were just trying to get ahead of it given this is the bad takes thread, so i think it's fair to be a little worried.

Yeah, just didn’t want anyone to assume this person sucks and should be made fun of, they seem good

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

“Parody” Twitter

Yes, that’s what that person is doing

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

Are we sure he’s a troll and not just a total loving moron

He’s not even a troll, he’s likely getting paid at least some small amount

It’s just a job

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

It seems like E drones don't ever watch full shows of anything. They all just watch recap clips and base all their dumb opinions off those

Why would they ever watch the show, Paul

They just like the backstage segments, the matches are boring

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gaz-L posted:

It isn't out of the question that he felt he was next in line for the title and now it seems like that's Punk.

Punk is not gonna beat hangman, but mjf might do so later in the year

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ganso Bomb posted:

MJF beats Hangman and then eventually defends against Punk, who already has a victory over him.

I think this is the most likely option

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Big Dave posted:

People have been complaining about Bryce getting himself over as a "personality" for like fifteen years now

Unfuckable nerds have been bitching about earl Hebner showing too much personality since 1997

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cerebral Bore posted:

The refs are performers as well, why shouldn't they try to get themselves over?

is this all a thing from cornette or some other ancient faded useless wrestling dorkus malorkus who thinks the refs should be seen but not heard or noticed?

I bet that’s where this started

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vandar posted:

Surprise! He's still telling absolutely monster lies on twitter, where he has to post because he's been chased off of every other forum on the internet!

And he is extremely not mad about it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
After looking into that a little, it was the whole “wcw 2021 relaunch” thing that popped up a few years back, that nobody could ever figure out wtf before WWE hit it with DMCA and copywrite notices.

Sounds like this guy might have a little trouble distinguishing between reality and fantasy.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

beepo posted:

These guys are really fixated on the viewership numbers for the debut episode as some kind of own on AEW, but for pretty much every TV show the highest rated episodes are debuts and finales.

Wwe marks will seize upon literally anything to try to knock AEW because they view aew’s existence as a personal attack because they view the thing they like as a representation of themselves

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am extremely amused by all the people simping for triple h in that promo as he talks about how he’s working to make the place better, and wwe then went on to do their worst ratings ever, selling less tickets than ever before, and losing interest from the vast majority of former fans

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The news about a photoshopped mjf picture or the news that nikkita lyons has an rear end?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
That dude’s timeline is pretty brutal

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

"I'm tired of people slandering this woman I like. On an unrelated note yay Johnny Depp!"

:negative:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wonder if this might result in the aew representative being a shocking result instead of mox, it winds up being adam cole or even adam page

There's so many ways it can go from here, from MJF or Wardlow or Danielson or just going with Mox, or even having it be someone surprising stepping up, like Lance Archer, Keith Lee, Ricky Starks, Christian, Fenix, Penta...

I kinda hope it's not Danielson and maybe we get a rematch at forbidden door

Danielson v Suzuki

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I mean

I guess?

I put 10 bucks down on WWE the night after kofimania, let's see how that's doing.

Technically okay but if you're proud of your WWE stock return on investment, you are not good at stonks

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

quote:

Army Vet, Former Republican, former Trump supporter, proud Jewish Liberal Dem. Opinion writer for
@OccupyDemocrats @WWE @AEW @IMPACTWRESTLING fan #NoquitinNY

On one hand, its always nice to see people switch sides

On the other, more reminders that the dems are much happier to cozy up to former republicans and right wingers than they are to ever support leftists

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Billionaire coward massive biceps tony needs to go on vacation and give booking control to…

*spins wheel*

IT’S TAZ

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Imagine identifying yourself by a job you had for 3 months over 15 years ago

He and alex greenfield were fun to listen to a little when they first showed up in podcastworld like 5 years ago

That has not lasted imo

I got burned badly by putting on one of greenfield’s movies, the sand, while at a new year’s eve party. If it was good, it would have been a perfecty fine monster movie but it was not good.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I too enjoy things the most when i have been told they made someone a lot of money

Yeah, the barometer for success of wrestling is money, if you’re a promoter, but my barometer of success is “did i enjoy watching it”

The neverending focus on ratings and profits and buyrates is just a little bizarre

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I realize that talking about this is fairly laughable but the sheer number of firstnameBunchofnumbers usernames who signed up to/appeared on Twitter in the past two or three years is really large, and they make me think more and more that either Joe Sixpack is making his Twitter account by just taking their suggestion, or there is an enormous amount of bots on Twitter these days, being paid to try to influence public discourse.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Thanlis posted:

In December of 2017, the new Twitter accounts signup process stopped asking you what you wanted your user name to be. You can still change it but you have to go looking. Here’s a walkthrough of the change.

There are a lot of bots on Twitter but that username pattern isn’t a great sign that an account is a bot, because you were right — Joe Sixpack doesn’t even know how to reject their suggestion.

I will say that it may not be a great sign they’re a bot, but it is a good sign they will have incredibly lovely opinions

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Venomous posted:

as the tweet says,

Thats what made me start thinking of it in the first place. I love using that meme on dumb dumbs on twitter.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Regardless of anything else, this guy’s fivehead should probably be used for advertising things

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shard posted:

They keep cherry picking this. Okada looked so happy next to Tony. And after this he fully turns into the hug. Also look at the 48 minute mark. Okada hugs first. Also what's with all these weirdos acting like men aren't allowed to show affection and emotion to other dudes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6yW8N5yjlM&t=3356s

They want to take heat off Vince being such a creep by tarnishing Tony

They also have bought into toxic masculinity waaaaaaaaay too much

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ganso Bomb posted:

Sounded like Ryckert quit because he hated working there, not that he was let go

Of course he hated it, he likes wrestling

No better way to kill a love for wrestling than to work for vince

Cant fault the guy, he said specifically that he got the chance to live his dream and work for wwe, it wasnt for him, but he got to do it

Dude lives a weeeeeirdly charmed life

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

He said he HATED his time there. He was hired specifically to come up with new podcast and web show ideas, and then literally zero of his ideas ever went beyond landing on Vince's desk and getting immediately rejected. And some of them sounded like can't miss pure gold hits. Meanwhile the higher ups kept making deals with complete morons who came to Dan with ideas like "hey our research shows that colour runs are popular with the New Day's demographics, so maybe the New Day guys could do a colour run and stream themselves doing it and interact with the audience to drive engagement", and everyone was completely baffled because the ideas didn't make a loving bit of sense and were just some marketing bros slapping together buzzwords they heard somewhere.

Towards the end of his time there they weren't even recording new episodes of existing podcasts because the WWE didn't care and were just happy running reruns and best of episodes to fulfill contractual obligations with advertisers.

This all tracks perfectly, yes

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I laugh every time a brand new one of these dudes comes out of nowhere with a podcast, a nickname, a graphic, an attitude, and zero interactions

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

El Generico posted:

f) Kenny Olivier is apparently Jim Cornette's stupid name for Omega, because being compared to Laurence Olivier is apparently a huge burn? There's nothing about being a wrestler that involves acting of course. Seems like this person's Twitter is suspended too, so maybe he's just not good at keeping his content from getting deplatformed for... some reason.

Laurence Olivier was an actor and actors are gay. Kenny is gay and is bad. Therefore, the gay man is like an actor because reasons.

Cornette’s logic is infallible, don’t try to argue with it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Mark madden is having an extremely normal one

He seems weirdly fixated on actually responding to people, i’ll give him that much credit. He won’t actually engage with the points, mind you.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

what does this person think heat means

A storyline, i suspect

I would love it if more of the excursion japanese talent would be actually added to storylines and made to have feuds, them getting to show up like three or four times and lose has not wowed me

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I love when you look into who a blue check actually is and they are still a nobody whose opinion is as irrelevant as anyone else’s

Oh, a minor mma fighter who retired in 2016 who is being purposefully obtuse and pretending he can’t hear the pops, cool, thanks twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
So did mark madden decide he needed more attention recently or did he get a pr person or what

Dude hasnt had this much attention in a while

https://twitter.com/MarkMaddenX/status/1547298744659578885?s=20&t=JhuzKeyd_jDVEWx0ms2Jdg

He got into it with big dave and joey janela and proceeded to poo poo his pants like always