Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
You guys are awesome, some of these farts so far are pretty awesome, but reading that new OP just reminded me of how much I miss Toaster Beef :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Breaky posted:

What happened to Toaster Beef?

He just sorta went quiet :smith:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone have any kind of permanent link (or even a temp one) to the stations of the cross with Purple Jesus? I'm trying to find them and coming up empty, and they just had 14 crosses in the yard of the church down the street and I wanted to show some the AD ones to some friends. I will properly credit them, of course.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

fartknocker posted:

Here ya go, both the regular ones and the poster version. Sadly, I can't remember who did which... :blush:

Thank you so much :swoon:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
For me it'll always be Purple Jesus is nailed to Christian Ponder :laffo:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Problem this year is that in week 17 the 11-4 Eagles won't really give a gently caress about the 7-8 Redskins and the 7-8 Cowboys and the game will mean absolutely nothing.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Arctic Baldwin posted:

That jersey is just asking for someone to photoshop him destroying Tokyo

I'm honestly surprised that hasn't happened yet. If only I had photoshop :argh:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

animeluva1 posted:

My way back machine went way back.

Throwback - Green Bay Packers

Oooooooooo, I like!

e: The link is broken, though. It just goes to Page Not Found.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 11, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
That Jace Amaro card is loving gold and may be the best thing you've drawn.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

animeluva1 posted:

Fixed. Thanks!

Seriously though that Packers throwback was baller as gently caress and all the rest of your stuff is pretty drat great too. My girlfriend has saved your packers original and she's gonna use it when we go out to watch the opening game this year :)

She had to practice it once on a night we weren't going out, and some stuff smeared, but she nailed it dead on the second try and she wants to bring that out next time. Looks great.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Febreeze posted:

These are fantastic

Also have a lovecraftian nightmare

Somehow this makes the idea of 21 QBs in 16 seasons more difficult to comprehend, not less difficult.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Gerund posted:

If there was a series of pictures for other teams even the Packers would have 4 and the Colts would have at least 3. The Browns's issue is that they haven't kept a single QB for more than 4 years, not that they've had a spot starter when their opening day QB goes down.

5 for the Packers - heh, Seneca Wallace did actually start one game before immediately going to IR. But that aside, yeah I know. That's the point - the Browns have never had anything I'd call a franchise QB. Not this incarnation of the Browns anyway :smith:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Cruel and Unusual posted:

And Manziel was taken with the 22nd pick. What could it all mean?

Ask Brady Quinn. Or Brandon Weeden.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I often wonder if guys like Gradkowski and Jason Campbell could have become legit QBs if it weren't for how they came up. Gradkowski bounced between dysfunctional organizations, and Campbell had different OCs every season for the first several years of his career. If they had gone to better, more stable teams, I wonder if they'd have developed into something really good.

Especially Campbell. He put together some drat good seasons even when he had to learn a new offense every year. I really think he could have been a lot better.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 17, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

swickles posted:

The real question is are the Dolphins worse post-Marino than Cleveland? We need a mock up and an ensuing battle. New Febreeze project: What if all the QB's in history from the 32 teams fought each other?
Dolphins since Marino: 3 playoff appearances (2000, 2001, 2008), 1 win. 7 seasons .500 or better.

Browns since 1999: 1 playoff appearance (2002), loss. 2 seasons .500 or better.

It's not even loving close.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 17, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

McStabby posted:

Thanks again for the avatar!

Can anyone think of a title to go with this? Thinking of going with "Oh Yeaaah" unless someone has a better suggestion.

I really think that's the only text possible.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

gohuskies posted:

I still hold out hope that the Vontaze Burfict who comments is actually Vontaze Burfict.

It's really him and I'll hear no talk otherwise. *sticks fingers in ears* Lalalalala, not listening.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Febreeze posted:

Never expected a dumb joke pic I did mostly to try out digital painting would end up on Deadspin. Even after all this time I still have no idea what people are going to latch onto.

anyway have a creepy look into my personal life

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/lonely-off-season-nights/

Saw this and now I just had to break out the Super Bowl 45 DVD. Just like last offseason.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I'm just going to leave this comic alone because ... yeah we already did this and honestly I don't want to fight about it anymore. Change the loving name already, Snyder.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

It owned a lot for a while. Then went out with a bang.

:drat:

I'd make more fun of USC, but it did give us Clay...

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Thaddius the Large posted:

I never considered "crippling alcoholics" to be a small subsection of the Jaguars fanbase, I assumed it was the whole thing.

Yeah but there are only like 5 Jaguars fans. Not surprising they all know each other :v:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo, it's Vincecat.
:vince:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Why, Febreeze? I mean, just... WHY?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Chichevache posted:

Realized it when I was 5, bro. :smug:

Spoeank posted:

No wonder you've been getting cockier in the last year or so, then.

:master:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Chichevache posted:

Both of my parents are atheists. :confused:

Eh, my father was a more or less not-ever-practicing christian and my mother was always agnostic, but for some reason I went to church until I was 13. I guess I just wanted to believe something even if it was bullshit.

Obviously, I got over it.

Chichevache posted:

Lifelong Seahawks fan. I even remember the days when Matt Hasselbeck was our qb. :corsair:

Dude that wasn't that long ago. Hasselbeck was the QB during the Lynchquake and long before that, the "We want the ball and we're gonna score" game. If you remember, he used to be Favre's backup in Green Bay. If you want :corsair: I can talk about the Pre-Favre Packers :smith:

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 11, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

Religion chat is most definitely not football art unless it's Jesus trucking a linebacker.

What if it's Purple Jesus trucking a linebacker?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Febreeze posted:

Fenrir and Soul Diesel, Although it doesn't capture how fabulous Soul Diesel is - http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/fantasy-football/

You got me well enough that my girlfriend saw the comic when I was reading it and actually asked "Wait, is that you in that comic??"

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

JT Jag posted:

GBS 2.0 peaked at the Insult Abe once a day for a month thread.

Don't forget the glory that was "Photoshop 9/11 into Star Wars".

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Eifert Posting posted:

He said make them look real.

:thurman:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Darth Brooks posted:

If anyone wants to be serious, use a pencil first. Sketch out ideas, wait a day and then refine / redo the ideas. You have to think about how it looks far away and close up. A really good logo is distinctly itself and nothing else.

Yeah, but that kind of stuff takes actual talent :(

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Shath Hole posted:

Up there for the best uniforms/helmets in football :)

Those uniforms and red helmets loving owned. I hate the junk the Falcons wear now.

Man, I'm glad my team doesn't gently caress around with the uniforms much. The only thing that's really changed is how many stripes are on the sleeve, and the brief time they had the G on there (I liked that G and want it back actually, but I'm not gonna cry about it). Otherwise, it's the same as it's been since, way before most/any of us were born.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 2, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

JRizzle posted:

Yall wrong as hell

THE BEST

Don't know about the best, but definitely another example of "poo poo that shouldn't have changed".

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

:laffo:

Yessssssssssssss

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Holy loving poo poo I love you so much toaster beef, never leave us again :allears:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

No they haven't, they both last made the playoffs in '02. The Browns were bounced in the wildcard round.

Holy poo poo, it's really been that long :smith:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Flikken posted:

Bounced by the Steelers. :argh:

Edit: Ironically we have WON a playoff game more recently than the Bengals, back in 1994, coached by Bill Belicheck against the Patriots.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Bengals playoff win drought is the longest in the NFL unless I'm missing something. The Lions are like 1 or 2 years behind them. In both cases it's over 20.

e: yeah, Bengals 23, Lions 22, Chiefs 20, etc etc

But what makes it so much worse with the Bengals is that they've made it there 4 of the last 5 years and bounced in the first round EVERY loving TIME.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 19, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

KettleWL posted:

It's actually not worse at all. It sucks, but I'd take a first round exit over another loving 4-12 season every single time.

Eh, this is a good point. I mean, at least you got division titles in there a few times and don't just completely suck.

Insert Browns jokes here, I guess

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I honestly feel like the Packers, in the state they're in right now, are probably going to be in a bit of a playoff win drought for a while too. But yeah, Kettle's got it right, I'm not even gonna bitch because we're still gonna win the drat NFC North most of the time as long as we have Rodgers and he's got people to throw to. It's certainly a lot better than the drat 80s Packers.

Still feel bad for Bengals fans though. I always liked you guys and god drat I was rooting for you so hard in that second super bowl against the 49ers. I wanted Boomer to get that ring so bad, and it really looked like he would, then... loving Montana to Taylor :smith:

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 19, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Deteriorata posted:

animeluva's the SF fan. :v:

:laffo:

Probably Magic posted:

You're just observing the natural reality-defying mechanics behind the singularity that is his forehead.

Bingo. So glad you're back, TB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Magicpants posted:

I'm just gonna go ahead and preempt everybody's requests

If I didn't love my av so much, holy poo poo.

Should probably go to a Ravens fan anyway.

• Locked thread