Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Not showing up in Hbogo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

This show is just a master class in how to troll.

I want a Jeff! shirt but I"m pretty sure my wife who still smokes might murder me.

Just wait a few years until she's dead.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Does this still not hit hbogo until the morning?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

No, but I thought it was common knowledge that TED Talks were nothing more than a scam to rip off billionaires by presenting the inane blatherings of vapid douchebags as "inspirational" and "forward looking."

Wait, billionaires will give me money to give a power point presentation about how breakfast makes us happy?

I thought everyone just got up there and talked for free.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Well holy poo poo.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The law won't last, but Brownback will still be elected again and again and again because Kansans outside of Kansas City metro are awful.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Then you're being redundant.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

lifts cats over head posted:

Did anyone get the impression that Oliver was a bit 'off' during this episode? It seemed some of his presentation was out of rhythm or something. Just a minor observation.

I thought maybe it was just because the babies were having a rough night, but I did notice he wasn't quite as "on" as he normally is.

Maybe he wanted his show to be not as good in contrast to Stewart's last show out of deference?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kenneth Copeland bilked my dementia-ridden grandfather out of a ton of money, leaving my grandmother with crippling debt and working for minimum wage at 75 years old.

I hope Kenneth Copeland and his dumbass wife get hosed in hell with a bicycle made of fire and nails forever and ever amen.

I have known about and hated Kenneth Copeland for 12 years. I will not actually know true happiness until I know of his end.

E: He literally believe that a) his brain would get better and b) if he "claimed it" then God would give it to him. Because Kenneth Copeland and that disgusting bag of surgically tightened flesh he pals around with "claimed" their riches. I was 17 when my grandfather, on a postman's pension, wanted me to take him to the Mercedes dealership where he tried to purchase one without financing. As he tried to "claim it" like Kenneth "claimed" his loving jet and millions of dollars from people who are literally mentally ill, I had to call my parents to come pull him out of the dealership physically where he proclaimed that none of us would ever see heaven since we didn't allow him to do what God wanted.

We committed him on my 18th birthday.

gently caress gently caress gently caress KENNETH COPELAND

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 18, 2015

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

i hope to one day learn your real name so i can learn what stupid poo poo you do when you're out of touch with society and the speed at which it moves in your 80s.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You're blaming people for falling victim to something that you can see and understand is wrong, but they may not. But since you can see it, they must be stupid for not being able to recognize and avoid it.

I'm simply saying that if that is your attitude, I hope to one day be able to roll around in the irony of you getting bilked out of something when you're old and society works in ways and allows things that you don't fully understand.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I do feel bad about what happened to your grandfather with dementia though and how he was taken advantage of, I also think these people and any future people like them should be jailed for what their doing, I wasn't thinking about people with dementia or similar problems.

It's fine. I've just been dealing with this attitude from people for like 10+ years now and a lot of the time people don't stop to think about what else could be the cause and what other lives could be ruined as well. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't come up often, but when it does it's always the same poo poo.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

How about we stop giving exemptions to churches. Let's just stop that poo poo.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Just chiming in to remind you gently caress THE COPELANDS

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Or maybe they put out 34 shows a year and take time off every few weeks because otherwise they'd burn out or take an entire chunk of the year off.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The thing about passports in the US/Canada is that they're both HUGE countries compared to anywhere in Europe (I don't know where you live but I'm assuming Europe). So there's not nearly as much international travel happening compared to domestic travel - you can be on a flight for several hours and not actually have left the country, meanwhile in the EU a lot of people cross national borders every day just to go to work. I know that the whole purpose of the EU is that you DON'T have to go through cumbersome border checks all the time, but the point is that it's more of an attitude thing - in the EU it's a daily necessity; in NA you only get a passport if you're going on a trip.

All this and it's going to be just as difficult to get a passport in terms of information needed as it is a state ID, with the added bonus of a state ID costing 20 bucks, while a passport costs over 100.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

njsykora posted:

It completely goes against the way I understand elections to work, where in the UK the result is only announced once every single vote in a constituency has been counted so they can announce the exact numbers with the declaration.

The US still doesn't have exact vote tallies for an election that happened 16 years ago, so that ain't gonna work here.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

"We are selling these at cost."

"17.50"

um....

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pillow Hat posted:

Why is that figure hard to believe? Probably made in America by people paid a living wage.

Because you can buy a cheap rear end hat with nothing on it that's made in America for way less than that, and having someone sit in front of an embroidery machine doesn't cost 10 bucks a hat.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FlyingCheese posted:

The $1000 Broadway tickets are for the rich tourists, that's all. People that live in NY that want to see new shows get in on pre-release shows.

Source: Saw Book of Mormon one month before it came out for $35 for two tickets. It's not very difficult to get these tickets if you're on top of things.

oh you mean the 97% of the country that doesn't live in the city

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I guess I've gotten lucky because everywhere I've worked has had flat fees for management that are really low, and when I leave a company I just roll it into my TSP. Which I actually need to investigate, I guess.

When they save you need to have saved your salary by 30, I assume they mean including retirement accounts?

Otherwise, welp I'm hosed.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Whatever the British version of a Tea Party is

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

A British version of our version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Well, the operating costs are basically "buy 4 tanning beds (maybe), rent a small strip mall spot, pay electricity and a bored teenager to man the counter."

• Locked thread