Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Admittedly I'm not as familiar with all the drafted players as most of you guys, but what makes Amaro and Sankey 'Must Drafts' as rookies? Are you talking more for a dynasty league, or are they going to be viable in re-draft leagues as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

As a fun side note, Gronk was on the latest episode of Whose Line is it Anyway

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

What's the general consensus for the best site to do mock drafts on?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Ended up doing a 12-man mock on ESPN, being in 4th position. Last year I went RB-BR-WR so I decided to try a more spread-out strategy

1. Adrian Peterson (4)
2. Julio Jones (21)
3. Julius Thomas (28)
4. Toby Gerhart (45)
5. Michael Floyd (52)
6. Marques Colston (69)
7. Russel Wilson (76)
8. Fred Jackson (93)
9. Deangelo Williams (100)
10. Marvin Jones (117)
11. Phil Rivers (124)
12. Tavon Austin (141)
13. Buffalo DST (148)
14. BJGE (165)
15. Janikowski (183)

Not incredibly happy with how it turned out. Happy with my #1-3 but after there it got rough. Also need to remember to pay attention to bye weeks in the future, since about half my team has Week 4 off

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I ended up doing another 10-man draft in 10/10th position, I actually like the second-to-last or last position because you get two picks so close to each other. I would love to have this as my real team.

I count Jimmy Graham as both a TE and WR, so unless I can grab one of the top 4 RBs, I'll likely go with him as my first pick in the real draft. I think I got Bell as a steal in the 7th, and everyone else I got right around their ADP.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I had a dream about my draft last night where I ended up with Peyton, Megatron and Forte because I drafted with a bunch of idiots. If only my real draft could be like that :(

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Besides the Giants, for what other teams is it pretty good advice to pretty much not take anyone from them?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

So it looks like I'm drafting 6th in an 8-team league in 2 days. I'll probably target Megatron for my first pick assuming that Charles/McCoy/ADP/Forte/Lacy go as the first 5. Going for Graham as my 2nd is a sane strategy right? I'll probably still be able to get Le'Veon or Stacy as my RB1

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Out of curiosity for those of you who have FantasyPros premium, besides the draft help, what else do you get with premium?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about Optimal Draft Position, if such a thing even exists, and I've come to the conclusion that variability of each person's draft and their own personal strategy makes such a thing really hard to calculate. The best thing you could do is do a lot of mock drafts at each position and see how they feel to you. I have some dudes in my draft that are going to take a QB in the first round no matter what, as well as a guy at 4 that doesn't believe in taking a RB in the first round, so these things really kill all the planning you are trying to do.

I mock drafted with a guy today who took Rogers, Stafford and Foles within the first 8 rounds in a 1QB setting. It was baffling

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Drafting in a few hours and starting to have second thoughts about taking Jimmy Graham in the first from the 6/8th position. Taking a guy who's essentially a WR1/2 that I get to play in my TE slot isn't a crazy idea right? Especially since I'll get the 11th pick and still should be able to get one of Green/Marshall/Lacy/Lynch for my second pick

Also, I'm thinking about aiming for either Houston or Bengals for DST this year. Last year there was talk about KC around this time which I was able to take advantage of. Which are the top couple DSTs looking to be this year?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

SeannieDarko posted:

Don't know if this was posted earlier, but I just saw this on the player news section of CBS sports. "LeSean McCoy has 'small version of turf toe."

To quote Rotoworld

quote:

LeSean McCoy is practicing through a "small version of turf toe."
Whatever that means. "(Sunday) it was really, really hurting pretty bad," McCoy said Monday. "It felt a little better (Monday), so I went for it." X-rays and an MRI came back negative, so there's no real reason to worry, though it's possible McCoy will sit out this weekend's regular-season dress rehearsal as a precaution. It's something for fantasy owners to be aware of, but not fret over. Aug 18 - 5:46 PM

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

Hahah he is so hosed and I do not feel the little bit bad for all the fuckers drafting 1-4.

RG3 is looking frisky.

So theoretically, who would be the better bet to take a flyer on for a theoretical McCoy abscence? Sproles or Polk?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

So I'm already looking at trades in the preseason. I have Murray, LeVeon, Ellington and Gerhart for my RBs, another guy has Lynch, Gore, TRich and LawFirm. Non PPR. Would I be overpaying by offering LeVeon and Gerhart for Lynch?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

In PPR, not really. He's a quality RB1 and gets a solid amount of dump off passes his way as well

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Time posted:

does anyone have that google docs spreadsheet of RBs and their backups?

Here you go

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JsPppPDNPpM7DpAsv7ROWVGxTdl4b2UqaZhGrRILUks/edit#gid=920445069

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I'm drafting 9th / 10 in a few days. So far doing mock drafts, Charles, McCoy, ADP, Forte, Lacy, Lynch, Megatron, Peyton, and Graham are most commonly taken as the first 8. So that leaves me with the option of taking a mid-RB1 (almost always Murray) and elite WR (DT/Dez/AJ/Julio/Marshall) or taking two top WR1s and ending up with just-okay starting RBs like Gerhart/Gore. I feel like I should still go with the RB/WR strategy for my first and second picks since it's looking harder to get a quality Bell Cow RB this year with more RBBCs, but maybe two top WRs could make up for the points deficit.

Opinions on which way I should go?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Which two of the following would you want for your starting RBs?: Murray, Ball, Le'Veon, Foster, Gio, Zac, Martin

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Two questions:

How would you rank Cobb, Keenan, VJax, and AJ80?

Picking from the 9/10th position, if I want a decent defense I have to pick them in the 14th. I'm also planning on taking a flyer on Kelvin Benjamin, but in mocks so far he's taken about 50% of the time by 15.9. So should I go with a strong DST (49ers/Panthers/Bengals) and take a chance Kelvin is still there or go with Kelvin and end up streaming DSTs in the 14th? (My other WRs are usually something like Cobb, Keenan, Torrey Smith, Reuben Randle)

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Go WR/WR and don't worry about it. I've been getting great results doing that. Hell sometimes I go WR/WR/WR/RB and still make a pretty good team. I just did a draft where I went Peyton/WR/WR/RB/WR and still made a playoff team.

I'm curious who your RBs ended up being

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Toby Gerhart or Joique Bell for an RB3 behind Ball/Murray?

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 28, 2014

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

In order of preference, Eric Decker, Reuben Randle, Golden Tate then Brandin Cooks?

(Trying to make last minute preparations before my last draft tomorrow)

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Franks Happy Place posted:

Phone posting but this is quite likely a pro move by his lawyer(s). Part of getting a TRO is convincing the judge that you will be harmed by the thing you want him to temporarily suspend, and by showing that he can't even ply his only trade in another country Gordon is strengthening his case.

Drafted Gordon in the 15th :getin:

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Torrey Smith or Michael Floyd or Crabtree?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

So after many (probably too many) drafts, it looks like I should be able to get this for my final roster drafting from the 9/10th position tonight

1.9) Montee Ball/Marshawn Lynch
2.2) DeMarco Murray
3.9) Antonio Brown/Randal Cobb
4.2) Keenan Allen
5.9) Michael Floyd/Torrey Smith
6.2) Joique Bell
7.9) Mike Wallace/Marques Colston
8.2) Golden Tate/Reuben Randle
9.9) Greg Olsen/Jordan Reed
10.2) Jay Cutler
11.9) Bernard Pierce
12.2) Jeremy Hill
13.9) Andre Williams
14.2) Kelvin Benjamin
15.9) DST
16.2) Tucker/Hauschka/Dawson

It feels like a solid roster to me. Any critiques before the real thing tonight?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Absolutely, this has quietly been known for the last week or two. He's like 6'2" and there's no Decker anymore. It'll be DT, Thomas, and Latimer in the RZ for passing plays. Even if he never sees the field otherwise, he'll have a Justin Hunter-type year (which hopefully means he'll take a step forward without anyone notincing and have a ridiculously low ADP next year) and that's worth the late/last round flyer or add if you've got the bench spot to see if he leapfroggs Caldwell at any point (he should if Fox isn't an assho...)

Hmmm....better to take a 14th round flier on Latimer or Kelvin Benjamin?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Samu posted:

What do you guys think about (my)Doug Martin for (buddy's)Andre Ellington and either Bradin Cooks or Ben Tate.

I think Martin is poised to have a big year, but I love Ellington and Tate or Cooks have potential upside. Standard scoring, 12 man league.

I still don't have faith with Martin this year (possibly because he burned me last year) so I would take that trade. I'd certainly wait to get some additional opinions before accepting though

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Thwomp posted:

I've currently got the Saints D and I have a conundrum.

I'm pretty high on the Saints D but Week 1 it's Saints vs. ATL. The Jets' D is available and they play at home against the OAK. Am I crazy in dropping the Saints and attempting to pick them back up next week?

I would also be interested in this answer

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Fun fact: ESPN predicting Mike Wallace to score 12.5 points this week. For comparison, that's as much as they predict Jordy Nelson or Brandon Marshall to score

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I'm taking Pittsburgh against Cleveland this week. Poor choice?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

10 team non-PPR

Starters are RB: DeMarco Murray, Montee Ball, WR: Antonio Brown, Randal Cobb, Roddy White, TE: JimmyGraham

Bench is Joique Bell, Bernard Pierce, Jeremy Hill, Mike Wallace, Golden Tate, Kelvin Benjamin, Travis Kelce

Can't decide if it's worth to drop one of my bench players to pick up Gordon. Help me

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 5, 2014

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

LmaoTheKid posted:

Rumor is it's a 4-6 week injury for Ellington. gently caress.

Goddamn. The hell did he do to himself!?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

One of my opponents sent out a message asking to get WRs for RBs

My team:

His team:

Getting Le'Veon as my flex would be awesome. I was thinking of offering Joique and Roddy White for Le'Veon. That seem reasonable?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Did West get hurt too? All I see is West on my bench with 50+ yards (I dont have the Browns game)

Yeah, he's out with a knee strain

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

So since I'm dropping Bernard Pierce off my bench like a hot poo poo, who looks like they'll be good RB pickups?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Homestar Runner posted:

just play a weekly DEF based on matchups

Unless the Steelers end up making GBS threads the bed against a Browns team without Josh Gordon, Jordan Cameron or their starting 2 RBs

(Goddamn Steelers defense)

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Brandon Cooks and Allen Hurns. Actually worth picking up, or flashes in the pan? And which would be the better one to own?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Don't know who I should replace with Cooks assuming I can get him off the waivers this week: Joique Bell, Bernard Pierce, Jeremy Hill, Mike Wallace, Kelvin Benjamin, Golden Tate, Josh Gordon

Edit: I mean, obviously Pierce played like crap, but I'm kind of willing to give him one more week since he's now the starter
Edit2: Or maybe I should replaced Pierce with James Starks?

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 9, 2014

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh man if they can get that through before Wednesday that would be the greatest thing.

Aaaaaaaaa STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Ben Tate confirmed out for a few weeks

quote:

Ian Rapoport of NFL.com is reporting that Tate will likely miss a few weeks: “#Browns starting RB Ben Tate will likely miss a few weeks with a knee sprain, source says. At this point, no surgery required.”

https://twitter.com/RapSheet

Terrence West and Isaiah Crowell are next in line

• Locked thread