Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

Two, unfortunately. One is going to be Iron Warriors theme for my army in DE (that one is about 40% done), and the other will either be Night Lords or Black Legion--I haven't decided yet. Probably Night Lords and then I'll buy 1-2 more (kill me) for the Black legion down the road.

Ya, you're crazy.

You paint real good, though. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

New Bloodthirsters looks rad and Warhammer as gently caress.

SKULLS FOR THE SKULLTHRONE :fuckoff:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya that's what people are doing when they post pictures of the new Bloodthirsters.

Thrones sake, you goons.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm going to test this out by showing my next date my entire collection of fully painted robot skeleton terminator pharaohs.

Will provide updates once I manage to actually find myself a date.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I wonder if Daren Parrwood ever looks back at his design and questions his decisions.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Post 9-11 User posted:

I do like Giant Head Picard Commissar, though:

and that's one of their newer Commissars too, isn't it? Here I was thinking their sculpts got a lot better lately.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Can you guys not do this?

Not that I don't respect everyone's opinions, it's just... :vomarine:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

^ Oh man, that's awesome.

This is what I come to this thread for.

I'm loving that tactical map. :allears:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Deanut Pancer posted:

Space Crusade was before my time but I had no idea how much of their marine appearances resembled that of their 2nd Edition box set counter parts.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Slimnoid posted:

Well, that answers the question about scale.

Baby Thirster on the far left is so cute. :allears:

If someone was in the market for a greater demon of Khorne though, gently caress the new model, go all out and get that bad rear end Forgeworld sculpt on the far right. Goddamn.

SRM posted:

Aside from the one with the open face mask, I think they look pretty cool, like Big Daddies from Bioshock.

From what I read they may be terrible units to field, but ya, appearance wise they look pretty loving awesome for melee assault Ogryns.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Hope you like 200 individual spikes that all need to be cut, shaved down and placed in the correct, unlabled spots.

Go hard or go back into the eye of terror. :unsmigghh:

(Holy poo poo, seriously Forgeworld?!)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cross posting some skeleton robot terminator pharaohs from the painting thread since this page could use some pictures.

Specifically some Nemesor Zahndrekh and Vargard Obyron action.

I know my scheme is pretty generic since I don't have ceramic Necrons or really anything revolutionary but I'm generally ok with how they turned out. Though I kind of suck at painting white.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Look awesome! Wanna see those models in the back though. Believe that's a Catacomb Barge maybe and Tomb Sentinel?

Sure. I posted pics of those two a while back but I'd have to dig through pages in the minis painting thread to find them so here they are again (apologies to anyone who's seeing these for a second time)

Catcom Barge with Anraykr back when he could still cruise around in one:

Reads "WE BRAKE FOR NOBODY"

Tomb Stalker being Tomb Stalkery

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Star Man posted:

It's a space marine inside a space marine.

Fluff wise, do they really put on their power armor before putting on centurion armor? If so, that's loving silly.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

My grim dark future of endless war and laughter of thirsting gods immersion. :smith:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Somebody tell me what happened to the Lizardmen during the End Times. Did they build a gold rocket and fly off into space and make first contact with the Tau?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

Did the new Necron and Harlequin codexes add any new/fun fluff? I got the impression that they deemphasized some of the Grey Knights' unpopular 6th edition wackiness, so I'm curious if they did anything to un-squat the C'tan.

No new especially note worthy C'tan fluff in the newest Necdex.

Nightbringer was mentioned to be a shard that many lords are hesitant to use because even in his shattered state he's the most furious of the C'tan about the Necron betrayal.

That's about all I remember.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Crosspostin' this thing I made...

gently caress yes. Warhounds are awesome. Yours is awesome. :rock:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Thirsty Dog posted:

I would recommend putting text in its own boxes with a lighter background rather than directly on the darkish brown. It's always really tempting to make these things really pretty but readability is key.

I don't know. They're pretty readable as is but sure, maybe a lighter background would help things a little bit for those having difficulties.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Helmholz posted:

Would it be funny if I painted up a troupe of harlequins with juggalo faces?

Stop thinking about this and make it a reality. Then post pics.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Those faces are top notch and I really dig the verdigris you've got going on there.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cataphract posted:

I can't believe they renamed Orcs to Orruks.

Looking forward to "Space Orruks" being introduced into 40k as a new strain of greenskin genus.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

muggins posted:

Eidolon definitely looks amazing. It's too bad he is such a morondoof in the books

Was just thinking the same thing, pretty sweet model for a douchebag of a dead character.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

He came back to life didn't he?

My mistake, I failed to recall how he became The Risen or whatever.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tuxedo Jack posted:

I updated it to add the shoulderpad - if this is in bad taste tell me so I can repaint it again...

Well done. :golfclap:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Haven't checked anything 40k in a while and when I finally get around to it there's confirmation of a 30K plastic box set? My word. :allears: This is everything I wanted from you FW/GW.

:rip: HERE LIES MY BANK ACCOUNT

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lord Twisted posted:

Looks a bit poo poo if you ask me... overdesigned like the AoS stuff. Also sleeveless marines always look loving terrible imo

Oh so THIS is how the AoS'ing of 40K begins.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wulfen DIGGANOBZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y29aGTbg62A

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Fuegan posted:

Incoming image dump. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

Hell yes. I love all of this.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

:yosbutt:

Looks like someone has been working out.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I love the space ork driving the rhino through a giant gently caress off hole in the front armor.

There has been some seriously dope poo poo being posted by goons latey, goddamn.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Midori Days is about a highschool girl who wakes up one morning to discover that she is now attached to the wrist of the boy she's been secretly pining after, a tough kid named Seiji who's always getting into fights.

What the poo poo.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Roboute likes his double doubles.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Those look delicious!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Did this video just confirm the Mortarion demon prince leak a while back? That looks exactly like his manreaper at same angle in those images.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Technowolf posted:

Faeit says that too. (Can't link because I'm at work.)

I just checked the blurry images again and compared it to what we see in the video and if it's not Morty's scythe then it's a dead ringer for the weapon at the very least.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'd like to see a diagram of how much larger the Bigmars are compared to the marines at the time of Rogue Trader and their size evolution over the span of various editions.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Do the Grey Knights and Deathwatch get any bigmars?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

How long until a chapter of Bigmars are tainted by Chaos and go renegade? Immediately, right? That's why Chaos are getting Big Plaguemars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Artum posted:

We probably won't find out, but I hope thats exactly the case and what actually happened in that 24 hours was guilliman coming to terms with there being literally no one besides him to attempt to un-gently caress things.

From what little I know I'm pretty sure it's heavily implied that's exactly what happened.

• Locked thread