Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

and gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Phyresis posted:

don't forget autistic

never not autistic

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

quote:

Narrative play is just what it sounds like – fighting battles based on stories from the far future, whether from campaign books, Black Library novels or legends of your own creation.

Here's hoping that 30K will only be played with the Narrative rules and points system, no granular points mess from matched. The Three Ways To Play is great as it was being begged for (if not vocally) in the current ruleset. Unbound was a decent stop gap but now it's easier for people to have what they've always wanted thanks to Open Play. Sure you could "houserule" before but that wasn't real 40k as it wasn't written, so it was basically just hitting green and tan army men together.

I think the only people that will be complaining about Three Ways To Play are the upset WAACers who can no longer force their bullshit on to people who just want to have fun.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TTerrible posted:

I have six posts in the last four pages and four of them are on this page. With a grasp of numbers like that I can see why you like the AoS ruleset.

:shittypop:

Can I recommend a nice cooldown period, perhaps play a little Star Citizen.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

How does deepstrike work if there's no scatter dice?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

We've been talking about that. If it goes off AoS, it'll be just plopping your dudes down with some distance requirements--e.g. can't be closer than x" to an opponent or something

Oh, must have missed it. Bit of a shame, hopefully the mishap table stays in some form.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

read the last two pages to learn why no one will miss the stupid mishap table

Thanks for your opinion but read my post to see that in fact someone will miss it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Get rekt, 2d6 charge is actually thematic and good.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

unfortunately i dont post for the amusement of random internet dipshits :ohdear:

citation needed

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

You are embarrassing. You should probably stop.

That's not very lovely

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

it's pronounced mon-kay

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

You're thinking of snob. Nob is a dick.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Apart for templates, there's not a rule post I've not been happy with. 8th is going to be great.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

berzerkmonkey posted:

Knob is a dick. Nob is a rich person (i.e. "Nob Hill.") Snob can be a dick or a rich person.

wow look a this loving snob using silent letters gently caress off nob

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JBP posted:

A dictionary will tell you a nob is a wealthy or powerful individual.

a dictionary will tell you gently caress you

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

kurwa

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

berzerkmonkey posted:

You're bitter since your ban.

you don't know me i was born bitter

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

OK dude, this is the second time Mango has posted GamesWerkshop's Twitter feed. It's not like Tyranid fans need any additional source of salt or bitterness. TBH seeing this sort of thing is almost inspiring since I wouldn't put it past old GW to do literally exactly this same unaware sort of thing, but New Games Workshop TM R C even referenced how completely worthless Pyrovores are (and hopefully "were").

you misspelled gamesworkshop

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

FiestaNinja posted:

So looking at the comic again I've found an image of a space marine with no clothes on that I though you'd all enjoy:

this is hot

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

I actually think they might have hosed up on that one. Combi-weapons are going to have to go waaaaaaaaay up in points. I mean, a combi-plasma is basically just going to be a plasma gun with an attached bolter.

Just play narrative it solves the problem and you keep your toys.

Safety Factor posted:

Combi-bolters are just twin-linked bolters. There'd be no minus.

But yeah, forever combis are going to be crazy. They're going to have to go up in cost to compensate or else that's all everyone will ever run.

Oh look I have to reply to you twice in a row, gently caress you. It's in the name, combi-bolter. Getting to fire two bolters at once is a massive advantage even at -1 to hit so hopefully they will be priced accordingly otherwise the meta will be way skewed towards combi-bolters on everything that can take them. God you're hosed in 30K against IF combi-bolter vets.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

You doofuses. :cripes:

Combi-bolters aren't combi-weapons. They have always been twin-linked bolters. As we know from the info released today, twin-linked weapons are doubling their shots instead of allowing re-rolls to hit.

Safety Factor posted:

:laffo:

That is exactly how wounds worked in WHFB. 40k hasn't had variable damage for a long time, but that's also how it used to work. Well, I say that, but there are some special abilities here and there like Russ's sword in 30k. Anyways, wounds have never spilled over. Only AoS has broken the mold on that one.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Wounds spilling over would really only make sense for Tyranids...

:ohdear:

Hamshot posted:

Your pedantic opinion didn't warrant anything greater.

Safety Factor posted:

Combi-bolters are twin-linked under the current ruleset. We are extrapolating off of that instead of assuming that they will change to work like combi-weapons based simply off of their name. It makes more sense.

Oh great it's the rear end in a top hat 30k crew come to gently caress up another thread with their PM co-ordinated posting, death thread wasn't enough?

COMBI

BOLTER

not "twin-linked bolter". No wonder you guys couldn't figure out how to play 40k and had to move to 30k.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

chutche2 posted:

Have you seen a datasheet that says they're still named combi-bolters and not named twin-linked bolters?

et tu, cupolus

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Or you could just makes the rolls separately.

Roll for the bolters, then roll for the Meltas.

Why not just use templates

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

General Olloth posted:

There is pretty much no way they were going to get rid of multiple different weapons within a squad considering the kits they've sold for years and this isn't really any different.

GW has gotten rid of more for less.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Cause they are not exploding and a Template would not have been used anyway.

There is a template vacuum now. Read the melta lore.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Melta's never used Templates.

I didn't say they did? Please read posts instead of blindly replying. :)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

No granular point costs.

:rip: 40k lets play warhamchine

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

What is death to the false emperor everything was meant to be explained on one sheet HUH GW?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lol I bet real points costs will be in the codices for £50 RRP give GW more money WAAC tournament spergs

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

They've already explained where they're doing point costs.

Nothing is confirmed until you have it in your cheeto hands, weeping at the nerfs to your deathstar tournament winning triple alliance unit.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

chutche2 posted:

It's weird to have a unit made up of models with different movement speeds.

You won't notice the difference of a cupola inches once its on a terrain crowded table.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sanford posted:

Can anyone recommend a UK-available black spray primer that isn't £12 a can? From Wilkos would be good but off amazon would be even better.

Halford's Matte Black, best spray I've ever used. Smooth every time whatever the weather.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Pawl posted:

The AOS deep strike rules are cool and good. You can do all your normal actions unless the ability states otherwise (they usually restrict movement).

It's worth noting that if you have to deploy >9" away (9.00001") and charge within 1" you still need to roll a 9+ to complete that charge because an 8 will leave you 1.00001" away. There will certainly be bonuses for charging and the ability to reroll 1 dice per phase with command points is awesome.

Not sure how I feel about having to deploy at least half your army on the board, but if deployment is guaranteed then I think it will be fine.

No one plays like this.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Pawl posted:

What

Nobody plays the game the way is explicitly designed to be played?

If the rule says "more than 9" " then you can't deploy at 9". It is specifically worded this way to mean you need to roll a minimum of 9 to charge after deploying. Rolling 8+ is a 42% chance while 9+ is a 28% chance, which is a pretty huge difference in success rates - an 8" charge is about 50% more likely to succeed.

This is how it works in AOS and everyone plays it this way. The rules are worded very clearly and it is unambiguous.

Lol

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

"Primaris Ancient"

YOU'RE BRAND NEW MOTHER FUCKER

Also lammo at the balloon marines

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Seriously. We get the loving Weeaboo Warriors, Bolter Bitches, and Brotherhood of the Used Tampon but no loving Orks?

woah woah woah waoh

this kind of talk in 2017 is unacceptable, I can't believe anyone would use language in such a forward and open community

The term is "otaku" not weeaboo thank you very much

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

The thread regrets it

Daily

BULBASAUR posted:

The thread regrets it

Daily

Dont worry old timer you can stay in the past with 30k and the scary future with it's Good Rules won't hurt you there

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

It'll live on as the best edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

fwiw i'm not banned from this thread

Shame.

e: It's not even the right thread

ijyt fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 13, 2017