Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Stupid rules question. If I take a formation from the same faction as the rest of my army, and that formation has troops choices in it, do they benefit from the Objective Secured rules? I can't wrap my monkey brain around this detachment stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Thanks for clearing that up. Makes sense.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Ignite Memories posted:

I posit that there is literally no point in the tyrannocyte's career, no single instant in time EVER, where it is that far off the ground and all of the tentacles look like that. If it's going fast, the tentacles should look like they're affected by the speed of planetfall! If it's falling slow enough for the tentacles to be lazily writhing like that, it's not going to split open when it hits the ground! If the model is supposed to have stood back up to walk around spitting on things, it shouldn't have an intact belly. I have an extremely vivid imagination, and there is absolutely not one single solitary moment that the tyrannocyte would look like this.

Well, if it's grounded then it'll look exactly like the Sporocyst, instead of almost exactly like it. This way you're getting a dual kit! Such value!

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

SRM posted:

Does anyone have the old bike banners? I need 3 or 4:

Oh God I like where this is going...

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Big Willy Style posted:

Can you make an ok Space Wolf list without using any miniatures that were released after 2nd ed? I am ok with named characters that didn't have rules prior to 2nd ed but not things like thunder wolves and the dog head flyer. Space Wolves is one release I just didn't pay any attention to. The idea is to make an army entirely from the old SW metals.

As someone who's making a Tyranid list without any miniatures that were released after 2nd Ed, gently caress you. :smithicide:

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

This is awesome, moreso because I know the pain of converting a Swarmlord from all those metal Tyrant parts. Yours looks baller.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Goddamn, I'm really digging this Apology supplement.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Safety Factor posted:

Why would you even want an infiltrating Hive Tyrant?

Infiltrating Prime in a unit of Hormas or Gants could be pretty good.

Or Canifex. Can he attach to MCs?

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

PeterWeller posted:

The point of 40K fiction is to give you a climax

New thread title please.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Yissss. loving hams chill out and play games.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Oh God. What have I done?

:negative:

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

panascope posted:

That's gonna be me someday but with a BFG fleet.

Already got that taken care of.

:zoid:

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
That's baller Pierre.

Also:

Look out Mr Chaplain :ohdear:

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
So is the fact that he may have actually bought it off eBay in good faith.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Question about spore mines: If the biovore misses, you place D3 mines. Is this regardless of the number of biovores in the battery? Also, can said mines charge in the assault phase of that turn?

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

PierreTheMime posted:

It's per shot. If all two-three of your groups Barrage shots miss, you place a d3 spore mines in the blast area for each. You resolve spawning mines as you resolve each blast template. Spore Mines can specifically assault the turn they are created.

So say I have a unit of three biovores. I scatter the first marker. If it's a miss I place D3 mines there. Then I roll scatter for the second marker, based off the location of the first and either place a separate unit of mines or resolve hits depending on where that lands, then repeat one more time?

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

PierreTheMime posted:

Correct. Check to see if the blast is outside of the range required to spawn, then either spawn or don't based on that check. Presumably if you roll a "hit" and can place the marker anywhere you can just spawn the mines closest to the enemy as possible.

Sweet, thanks man.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Well that's stupid. Three biovores potentially making GBS threads out a single mine when they'll always hit three times otherwise is garbage, as is the inverse.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

BULBASAUR posted:

Recently we've even partnered with American companies, such as Blue Table Painting, who use our junior artists for their level 6-7 commissions.

This part made me laugh the most.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Ignite Memories posted:

Can you lay off the kool aid for five loving seconds

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

yes, I am SUPER NEAT TOY.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Diggin' this. Are the LW/BS part of the kit now, or are they still hilariously overpriced bits?

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

PierreTheMime posted:

Thanks. LW/BS are finally in the kit. If they weren't I'd have made them by hand.

Here's an update with the next Warrior I just finished with a better look at the Boneswords:

Nice. How are you running these guys? It's tempting to put all the biomorphs on them as they're a point-sink to begin with, but I'm thinking AG might not be worth it over/in addition to TS. I also see people recommending Rending Claws in addition to the Boneswords, but I'm not sold on that.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

PierreTheMime posted:

Useful advice.

Crap, I didn't notice the change to poison. That changes things quite a bit. Thanks for the advice bug bro.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
I've never heard this Skared bloke before. He was painful for about 30 seconds then I saw this in my head:

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

Naw I'm just off today and in my kitchen making gumbo and intermittently making phone calls to governmental agencies regarding disability advocacy.

Just show them your posts in this thread.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
He prolly gave it to himself for more attention.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

SRM posted:

I converted and painted the old paunchy Cadian officer to look like my dad as a Christmas present for him:

The color scheme is based on the box art from his old miniatures game that he made back in the 80s:

I hope that guy who was considering getting back into things before the shitfight broke out is still lurking here and sees this post.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Crosspostin'.

Been busy lately.

Click for unreasonably massive:

202 points-base, down :smithicide:

spacegoat fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 18, 2014

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Thanks guys. This has been a great couple of pages. Rano those Guard are awesome.

adamantium|wang posted:

e: Rough count is 1 old Tyrant, 2 Eggs-On-Legs, 3 old Lictors, 7 old Gargoyles, most of 2 metal Warriors and about two dozen purple Stealers.
Sweet. Yeah... This aint gonna be cheap. If they make a significant difference to weight, don't worry about the Gargoyles as I just scored a bunch for pennies on eBay.

BuffaloChicken posted:

Those old-school Nids rule... awesome job! Only question though, what's with the varied basing styles? Are you going for a mixed look, or are they still in progress?
The bases are me running out of one colour that I was brushing on, airbrushing a second until my compressor took a poo poo, then saying "gently caress it" and buying some green spray from Walmart. They'll be consistent from here on out. My OCD is such that I'll go back to them eventually, but right now I'm tired of looking at them.

Also:
This is the best thing.

Pierre, that's a sweet Prime. I'm glad the kit finally lets you distinguish in some way. Funnily enough, there's a crested metal Warrior that I'm thinking of using the same way.

(not mine)

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Yeah, that kind of yellow on that kind of black just blows my mind.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

so I haven't really played since early 6th ed., before dataslates and formations and all that poo poo was introduced.

How do I even go about building a list these days?

Well if you want everything for Tyranids right now it's about $140US in books.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Ignite Memories posted:

Does anyone know where I can find the new rules for the big mek stompa? Y'know, the one with the...

*sighs longingly*

... lifta droppa revision?

According to the FW page for the model you want Apocalypse ($69.99USD iBook, $74.99USB hardcover).

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
WRONG ABOUT WOMEN.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
All this base fuckery makes me feel better about taking my 2nd Ed Tyranids out on their square bases. Though I'm dreading the inevitable accusations of using them to game LoS advantage.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

Tzeentch and Nurgle are far and away the most powerful it seems of the two.

WRONG ON CHAOS.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
So if I want to play the army, at all, I need to buy these mandatory units?

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
But your quote says there's no FOC?

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
That'd make sense. It'd be pretty extreme if they just threw out battlefield roles altogether.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Sensational Pierre. It's been fun watching you put it all together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

AbusePuppy posted:

But, to plug slightly, myself and several other folks are starting up a podcast

Don't know what I was expecting here but as someone who looks forward to every post you make here and article you write for 3++, this is terrible. I'm 15 minutes in and it's three neckbeards without a script or direction smugly arguing about which army is the best.

Also, you sound like Judge Whitey in a fedora and I don't know how to deal with that.

Edit: Seriously you guys sound so angry.

• Locked thread