Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
gently caress all you guys with normal HEBs around you. In the DFW we only get Central Market, which is great, but expensive as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
What is wrong with all the goddamn stupid people in this state.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Literally the only way to get refugee status is to show up at the US boarder. I have 2 cousins who did it from through Mexico. 2 years ago when they did it not only did they take them and their families into custody ( 2 wives and 3 underaged kids total) they also took my dad (a US citizen for at least 30 years) and my other cousin, their brother (Also a US citizen with children) into custody.

They let my dad and cousin go after 12-24 hours. They kept my cousins for a month or 2 (they did let there families go stay with my parents after a couple days)

I can't imagine how hard it is to get here without help from someone who is already here.

Also knowing that all this bullshit only hurts Syrians while giving ISIS what they want and not making us safer literally makes me sick. We should all be putting Syrian flags on our FB pictures. Everyday there is like that one day in Paris.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a good resource that shows what the different upcoming primary candidates believe in?

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

mastajake posted:

Someone start a GoFundMe and I will absolutely contribute.

I would as well. Even better would be having multiple billboards of the bad stuff Trump has said around the stadium and all the bad things Ted has said about Trump on the route to the stadium from the airport Trump would likely fly in from.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Crowsbeak posted:

Hell, even better pay for ads by "Loyal to Trump PAC" that will play ads in the week up to Trump going to meet Cruz on Fox and Friends about Ted Cruz showing "disloyalty".

How difficult is it to set up a PAC to do something like this?

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Crowsbeak posted:

How easy is it to be well compensated by a super pac for your hard work as the head of it?

If I read everything correctly, extremely easy. Want to start a super pac with me?

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Even by her own account of the story, she is guilty of murder right? Why even try to defend it?

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Roumba posted:

If I moved across county lines (FtBend to Harris) between the primary and this upcoming election, do I need to re-register in my new county?

I have heard that I have to stay registered, and vote, where I did for the primary from a few people, but they couldn't remember where they saw that. The Secretary of State's website seems to say that I have to re-register but that I will be put on something called a "Limited Ballot", but it does not specifically mention this situation. Does anyone know where I could get a concrete answer on this?

You will need to fill out a new form and check the change of address block. If not turned in within the next couple days it might not take effect for Nov. Your county should have an election office that you can deliver it in person.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Do you guys really think there would be a significant amount of people that would vote Beto, Abbott? How big of a Beto win would we need for him to pull Lupe to a win?

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol all the libs who fell for this idiot

Still helped get a lot of Dems elected.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

I seriously don't understand how people defend the Republican party anymore.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

How does that change anything? Because she didn't explicitly draft a bill saying "let my husband do crimes"? People are idiots.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

zoux posted:

It's more like, don't let people do the crimes my husband did, in the future.

How do you get that? It reads to me as "make what my husband did not a crime as long as his office says so"

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

the dem running in that district:

https://twitter.com/candacefor24/status/1143482724868657153

don't know her politics but the style is familiar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq3QXIVR0bs

We have 6 Dems running in this primary. I personally think Kim Olsen will win, she has the right credentials for the area: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLtxLWJgHZo

I'm a precinct chair in this district and Candice was out block-walking a couple of weeks ago so she is putting in the groud work. I didn't get to discuss her policies too much though.

Really though none of the candidates I have seen have the presence that Kim has.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

syntaxrigger posted:

I haven't been watching texas closely so I was surprised voting started today. I am on colincountytx trying to see what the issues to be voted on are and as expected the information available is garbage. Is there a better place to get informed?

This Google doc has been passed around in my local DSA (FtW) supposed to be from Our Revolution. https://docs.google.com/document/d/10ZC1orYneTO_ufkz5Qgzc9RgOcPUORgIcg2GnFEmVV4/edit

The local DSA meeting recommended: No on 4 & 9. Yes on 2, 5, & 8.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Blotto_Otter posted:

The place I went to early vote in San Antonio last week had the new hybrid electronic/paper ballot voting machines. Are those all over the state now, or are they still being rolled out? I much prefer the new machines, mostly because I'm a paranoiac who doesn't trust computers and wants a clear paper trail... but I also wonder if they'll make for a slightly faster process once people get used to them, they seem to require less active involvement from the polling location staffers than the old machines.

We have them in Tarrant County.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Hawkline posted:

I ran into these for the first time today, and our wait was unexpectedly long compared to past years because they hadn't quite figured out how to best hustle people through check-in, receiving a ballot, and feeding the ballot reader. Our wait was around 25 minutes. However, our voting location had at least 100 people pass through in the time it took me to cast a ballot and like other places, we only had the 10 amendments and 1 bond for TCC. 2020 is going to be :dogcited:

No wait in NE Tarrant either. Of course, this red area has a ton of polling locations, I think the polling location I went to is 3 blocks from another polling location (in the suburbs).

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Voted early the other week. Brazos has new touch screen only machines this year. No spinny wheel bullshit. They still suck because theres no paper backup for these at all.

They didn't do the blank paper that it prints on with you? I really thought it was statewide.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
It’s super easy. In Tarrant County you can do it online.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Are any of you guys active with any campaigns in Tarrant or Denton County?

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

zoux posted:

Glad to see the Ds at least contesting this time and I wish you the best of luck, you're gonna need it against the chair of the finance committee. But if there's a year for shocking upsets, it's this one.

I think we are going to surprise some people this year. I am attaching a map of SD-12 so you guys can easily see if you are in my district.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Hawkline posted:

Does anyone have a source for recommendations along the demsoc lines in the tarrant county races? Other than the presidential and maybe the senate primary, I don't think i have information to start selecting anyone in a responsible manner.

What part of Tarrant?

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

I. M. Gei posted:

I’m back and I voted Bernie and Christina.

Everyone else I just kinda picked names at random cuz I had no idea who was good or bad.

Then on the car ride home the radio said there was a voting guide on KERA.org. GEE THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW THAT SURE IS USEFUL FOR ME TO KNOW NOW

DICKS :shepface:

Please research and vote for good candidates down ballot. With out supporting these candidates we can’t develop good candidates for races further up the ballot.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Luckyellow posted:

Anyone knows what's up with the panicky emails from the Democratic party about needing workers to cover several last minutes dropping out workers for tomorrow?

I know in Denton County they are still trying to find people to cover all the polling locations.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Kunabomber posted:

I've been thinking about this a lot.

Are precinct captains supposed to contact registered Democrats in their precinct to make sure they go out and vote? I've never been contacted by one. Does that mean my precinct captain was appointed and has no interest in what he's supposed to do?

Assuming you actually have one, yes. In both Denton and Tarrant Count there are a lot of open precincts and a lot of PCs that are just a warm bodies since no one else stepped up.

That is also assuming you are in VANS and identified as a Democrat. If yours is PC is empty I can connect you with the right people to become the one for your precinct. Let me know your precinct number and I can look it up.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Kunabomber posted:

I'm precinct 2006.

After handling several hundred people who don't know how to vote, I started wondering if there's anyone out there helping them out before they even enter a polling place.

I plan on attending the county convention too. Having a young family makes it difficult for me to participate but I think it's time for me to carve out some time with some concessions from my wife.

Your pc is Adam Polter. Funny enough, he is running for Carrollton City Council Place 2. https://adampolter.com/

He seems to be a good guy from the couple times I have met him. Not everyone is an active PC, though, I'm kinda surprised no one in that area has contacted you. At least from one of the campaigns of people running in that area.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Carroll ISD just announced they are closing the 2 weeks after Spring Break, the poo poo show is about to get real if more schools start following.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I know someone who worked for the TWC. Before all this COVID-19 stuff they were severely underpaid and understaffed. I hear they are having calls at levels greater than Hurricane Harvey, but unlike then, everywhere is being hit so there is no area that can step in to assist.

Just make sure you take your frustration out on the state officials who have let them remain understaffed for years and not the poor person who is answering the phones.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

I have heard rumors that he is considering it.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I've heard rumors of a Gregg Popovich run. He's someone I could actually see winning.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

zoux posted:

The school thing...like it's not a deal where we're like "here's the clear solution they're just not willing to undertake it" like UHC or police reform...I legit have no clue what they should do. I feel like the school year is going to be such a wasted year anyway that they should just like, cancel school for the year? Obviously that's impossible for all kinds of political and social reasons, but other than that I have no idea.

The solution is to shut down and implement comprehensive testing and tracing. Enforcing mask laws and gatherings are also part of the equation. On their own, the schools have no way to be successful with the options they are currently being given. This year is going to put a lot of children behind I fear.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Hawkline posted:

Shadi Zitoon is a goon and has reached the general election running against R Jane Nelson for Texas Senate District 12, but that district is extremely safe and I would be very happy to see Zitoon end up around 40%. It hasn't even fielded a D candidate in a while.

It is closer than that, I think. Still a tough race, but it is going to surprise some people.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

zoux posted:

Today's the SD 30 special and goddamn I can't believe I have to root for Drew Springer

Why not Jacob Minter?

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

zoux posted:

Because Jacob Minter is not going to win. I'd be surprised if he got double digits in that district tbh

I'll bet he gets in the runoff. It's a 75-25 red area, but there are a lot of Repubs splitting the vote.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I beleive this is the offical twitter not a campaign one:

https://twitter.com/SheriffSkinner/status/1311348952701317120?s=20

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

They're probably just going to reopen under another name.

It looks like the Wilks are just giving the money directly to campaigns rather than funneling it through ET.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

The most yellow-dog Democrat I know says he refuses to vote for her because she is a Republican and he has never voted for a Republican in his life.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

If you look at their endorsements this cycle, they clearly show their biased. Literally from the second line of her endorsement: "she also possesses the attack instincts to worsen Washington’s toxic political landscape."

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Nothing to see here.

dalstrs fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

zoux posted:

he's the second most powerful man in the state

I would argue this point. He's probably the most powerful.