Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

cmndstab posted:

Oh God, the burning Dorritos must smell awful :ohdear:

No lie, I tried this last time I went camping and it worked. There was no smell to speak of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Why didn't they just burn that dry grass all around the doritoes? :confused:

It's not like it was my only option, you twit. I saw the lovely Life-Hack, went camping some time later, had the chips and gave it a shot.
That being said, it looked stupid and I wouldn't encourage it unless you, somehow, had no other options.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

twoday posted:

This is also a a giant steaming pile of terrible advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rHWUki86N8

Gets good at 2:12

Ugh, this guy lives in my town and his videos are just grasping to loving hard these days. Why don't people like this realize when their "solutions" are MUCH more effort than the common alternatives.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rad Tad posted:

hack your fatass quick before mom gets home

Just use cocoa powder, you loving morons!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That isn't always possible. Like was said, American bread almost always has HFCS in it, which really sucks if you're like me and loving love bread but have sugar issues and need to avoid HFCS. Granted I tend to bake my own bread but that's a different story entirely.

Lifehack: Don't like the bread the store has? Learn to bake, fire up your oven, and make your own goddamned bread!

Buy Dave's Killer Bread! It's overpriced and conceived by a literal crazy person!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This works but the smell WILL persist for ages.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

13Pandora13 posted:

While I was in college my parents switched to paper plates unless company was over because they didn't want to rinse dishes and load/unload the dishwasher. I came home for break and didn't even know what the gently caress.

That's the type of wasteful, lazy behavior I would expect some to have when the first move out for college.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

JD posted:

I EAT STICKERS ALL THE TIME DUDE!!

I prefer raw jelly beans to snack on while wearing my boiled denim.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cat Hatter posted:

Is there a reason you can't just use an over-the-range microwave like everyone else?

I've only lived in one place that had a microwave over the range.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Whenever I have friends coming over, I used this one weird trick that farmers hate!

Toilets can be used for so much more than poo poo and pee pee. If company is coming over, put a few dozen eggs in the toilet (make sure to flush at least twice before) and place several tea lights underneath. In just a short while you will have many, many eggs that you and your friends can smash into your mouth!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If your machine can do cold and gentle washes, it's not bad. I've done this before when making tons and tons of preserves.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kill you are self.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't see the problem. I don't go to any party unless a stranger makes me but mystery things in my mouth.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Picnic Princess posted:

I'll just scatter oats or some poo poo for them to take back to the nest and blow up the queen.

That poo poo doesn't work.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Maybe it's the region I live in but I only know one American that has the stereotypical American diet and people ridicule him on a daily basis. Most everyone in my area is pretty reasonable looking and without overt and offensive habits.

For reference, I live in the Pacific Northwest and he adds raw sugar to his soda if it is available.

That being said, cutting a butternut squash in half, liberally applying butter and a modest amount of brown sugar is proof that God is real.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Turns out America is a bastion of amazing food and Europe is that whiney kid at camp who needs vegan everything and won't talk bitching about it.

gently caress it. Let's eat a handful of beetles and go on a panty raid.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I was taught to drive with my knees so that I could pleasure my woman and eat a cheeseburger at the same time.

That was in 2003.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CzarChasm posted:

I've seen a lot of weird videos popping up lately of women making hand molds where they are holding onto bananas or sausages or something, then cast them in silicone. So I'm assuming it's a "give your boyfriend/husband a sex toy in the shape of your own hand" thing.

All those accounts are just making absurd poo poo so people get confused/outraged and share it with others for how "stupid" these women are.

Since the internet is full to the brim with misogynists, they assume these videos are in earnest and love making fun of them.

They're farming clicks from incredibly stupid people and I love it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Next thing you know restaurants will ban people bringing in outside movies.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I wonder how long it stays set. If it's forever, you could make plates that no one would want.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Phanatic posted:

But if you're going to do that you could just use regular powdered gelatin to filter the oil so you can reuse it, instead of throwing it out.

https://www.seriouseats.com/clean-cooking-oil-with-gelatin-technique

That is incredibly cool. I don't really deep fry anything but now I wanna try.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KennyMan666 posted:

Or, as it's called in philosophy, the Drip of Theseus.

Bless you.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Personally I don't get butter on my popcorn.
As a man of refinement, I insist on printer ink.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My first roommate literally did not know how to boil water.

I knew him for years and his mom did a lot of cooking, he just never absorbed any skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Warbird posted:

Oh I can top that. During college I’d regularly make “soup burritos” that would be my sole substance for multiple days at a time. You’d make a big batch of rice in a rice cooker and when it finished you’d dump a can of soup or two in there and stir it up to be a mostly solid mass of whatever you added flavored rice. Toss that into some large tortillas and boom, a “meal”.

Clam chowder was a personal favorite. It’s a wonder the sodium and carbs didn’t kill me.

Ditch the tortilla and you've got a decent rice bowl, if you're poor. I make "bachelor chow" which is just a massive pot of rice, beans, cheese, chicken and whatever veggies I have available.
Serves decently cold so you can just scoop some out instead of getting a burger.