Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Radio Help posted:

burritodilla

I went to Chipotle and a group of four people ordered those, individually, during a rush. Something like 8 people ordered, paid, and were seated by the time the last of that group got their stupid loving calorie bomb, meanwhile the line behind was growing out the door.

I felt second-hand irritation because for all the loving effort, they didn't even TRY to finish more than half of each of their abominations. They effectively slowed down the entire restaurant just to take no less than 15 food/selfies and eat one-and-a-half goddamn "burritos" between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Phraggah posted:

like an animal-style

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

ZeeToo posted:

I worked at a Wendy's that ran out of meat and buns at the same time. :shrug:

Where's the beef loving food?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

This is what I listen to when I'm driving to work every day, endlessly, on repeat.

Close... but not the right answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuRSgZIPdtQ

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 09:30 on Oct 13, 2014

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Memento posted:

Yeah, the only places that I've seen this sort of thing fly are countries like Cambodia and Laos.

Las Vegas. Life: HACKED.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

mmmmm love me some hot bananas

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

FrozenVent posted:

Have you never worked in an office?

Because I can assure that that is super minor poo poo. We had a guy who automated 90% of his job with a couple Excel macros, then basically spent the rest of the week on Yahoo Finance. For two years straight.

He was the most productive guy in his department too, and management was really annoyed when he quit out of boredom.

Was his name Brian? Did you work in NYC?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Picnic Princess posted:

Shhhh don't give away our secret

You can keep it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Carbonic acid works super well for cleaning off random restaurant gunk.

You can use the soda water to clean the nozzles themselves easily.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Facebook Aunt posted:

That one is good, but this one tells you what to wear in the year 2000!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9eAiy0IGBI&t=19s

Check that hathack for finding an honest man.

Fuckin' Bioshock flashbacks man.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Being overseas living in a tin box with other dudes this is the truth.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Stuntman posted:

This is a very bad post.

I think I hosed it up and now I can't shredding things

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Actually, there's been a lot of discussion and debate about that over the years. A number of studies suggest that there are two main reasons soldiers don't generally poo poo on the battlefield:

1. They trade food items from the MRES, throwing the nutritional value out of balance and constipating themselves.
2. (And this is what most studies found to be the most likely case) They don't poop because they're spooked about poopin' on a battlefield.

Lifehax: Tired of making GBS threads? Poo can't bloom on the battlefield.

Nah they're really loving dense food and you gotta lotta water coming out as either sweat or pee soz you ain't got no poop lube, whatfer pushing that turd along.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sorry the water truck with all our mail got blown up... But the RipIt truck survived.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I about fell over when he tried out that horrid first attempt and his arm started flailing around keeping the pencil aligned.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
This man is the Andy Kaufman of our generation

https://youtu.be/kDnhwSbrzoQ

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
why don't you guys just go to the fuckin movies or something while the power is out???

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I keep forgetting that people lose power for real reasons. Sorry.

I live in a city where three consecutive days of rain is a news story.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

She just said the hierarchy of needs before discussing how to be the most bougie gently caress in the world.

Eat the loving rich.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Aristophanes posted:

When I'm faced with a double tap sink I usually wash my hands really fast under the hot so I finish before it starts burning. It is, however, the worst if I have to wash my face in one and there's no plug.

I hate public hand dryers that blow super hot air really slowly: your hands get burnt and remain wet! Dyson Airblades only thanks.

Yeah let me dry my hands by carefully maneuvering my hands in a venturi tunnel lined with everyone else's snot and piss water.

Go suck a dick

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 00:03 on Oct 4, 2016

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
You people make me sick.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

corn in the bible posted:

IT BURNS FOR A LONG TIME

Something something gonorrhea

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

My Lovely Horse posted:

There has to be a better way!

Just pour it in your mouth hole, ya dingus!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Juice box hacks reminds me of my childhood when the kids in school started to put the straw in the bottom of Capri Suns. Back then, the pouches were completely foil and had no easy to stab straw hole, so for a third grader with little coordination of muscular strength, this was an actual issue, and a potential fix was welcomed.

I tried it and felt retarded immediately afterward, because it became very clear that I could not set the pouch down to eat my lunch. Still, I kept doing it for months, because I was desperate for social acceptance.

I transferred schools the next year; I could open Capri Suns normally, for a short blissful period, before the habit caught on at that school.

So it began all over again.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hmm what have you hot-glued the lighter to?

Moving crates.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I bought a bag of goldfish thanks to this conversation and am enjoying them at this very moment.

I have a very hard time telling if you are or are not a gimmick account.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

guessing that's a can of pork brains.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
So I did some more research and found this thread which has some pretty well-explained reasons.

quote:

The norm was for the cold water tap in the kitchen to be connected to the mains water as it is 'potable' i.e. for drinking.

The cold water tank would normally be used to re-fill the hot water tank in a conventional central heating system. As these systems are ventillated and not pressurised they cannot be connected directly to mains water pressure, hence the need for a tank. (the only pressure in thses systems is generated by the tank being higher than the taps)

The cold water tank would also be used to supply bathroom and toilet water. (I have no idea why!)

Modern combi-boilers are fed directly from the mains thus do not require a cold water tank.

Having a cold water tank gives a reserve supply should the water supply be disrupted and also helps even out demand on the mains water during peak demand.

In the water regs I also believe a water tank is required if more than one toilet is fitted in a house.

The downside of a tank is the risk of a frozen/burst pipe especially now lofts are far better insulated. Also as previously mentioned, just look in the bottem of the tank and see the amount of gunge that collects, especially if it is an old galvanised tank. Yuk.

If the cold water tank is not actually required (i.e a combi boiler is fitted or no central heating) it is quite easy to bypass and then remove the tank. The toilet cistern valve may need to be replaced due to the higher pressure and some washing machines come with a restricter to be fitted if it is on mains water .

Seems like modern constructions can have more modern hot water heaters (they call them combi-boilers) but the code is stuck in the 1940's because it requires cold water tanks.

Then I saw this loving gem:

quote:

That depends what the brown sludge is.
The only brown residue in our tank is peat and there is nothing wrong with drinking that.

Goddamn Britain get your poo poo together.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Yawgmoth posted:

it's funny because kale is for hippies and so is coconut oil!

ha ha!

This but un-sarcastically.

Coconut oil and kale suck rear end, and I've eaten kale since I was a child. It was for broke people to get greens back then, but just like quinoa it's been hyped up as some kind of wonder superfood.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Pastry of the Year posted:

I found a baller-rear end technique for making a three-cheese blend for pizza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfxpwbWBNuU

I don't know that I expected.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
How the gently caress aren't you guys dead from pallet fire smoke?

I've stopped a couple of Pinterested people from making pallet furniture for their kids because of how much poo poo they treat the wood with.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Light Gun Man posted:

Years ago my dad ran a business where he'd drive around and pick up unwanted pallets, take them to his shop and repair them, then sell them to people who needed "new" ones.

That's a fencing racket. Congrats on being low-rent mobsters.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sentient Data posted:

I think you missed that he was selling to different companies that needed pallets, it's not like he was a glazier going around with a handful of rocks

"Hey Dad, isn't taking these stealing?"

"Nah son they just didn't want them anymore. I'm selling giving them to people in need!"

"Ok, goodnight Santa."

Y'all some straight up Cindy Lou Who motherfuckers in here.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I don't want to be hiking at dark, looks like I got an hour to get back to camp before I'm in the mountains shadow. Better head back.

What the gently caress, basic Bushcraft is now stupid? It's not like it's saying to throw out your watches or anything.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Post av combo

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sentient Data posted:

Just name your cat Enrique in the spirit of the thread

He's named Keanu. :mad:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Randaconda posted:

counterpoint: sweet cornbread is gross. :colbert:

I will loving fite u.

I'm from Texas.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Speaking of stupid infomercials, I feel like the computer screen trick shot on this one is so exploitable.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/w57k/bell-howell-tac-glasses-no-ordinary-sunglasses

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Humerus posted:

There's a lot to be mad about in that video, but I think the frozen pizza one offends me the most. Frozen pizza only takes 10 minutes in an oven anyway! And it didn't give a setting to use.

Also I've never in my life met someone with a garment steamer.

But hotel rooms have them! Traveler hacks! :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Carl Sagan smoked a lot of weed