Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

It also looks like those shirts are too close together to dry well. Not enough surface area getting sun + wind

forget the spacing they're in the shade of the building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

CapitanGarlic posted:

Here lies Karate Bastard, who discovered that the greatest life hack of all is the sweet release of death

and whose corpse can be fashioned into a trendy shoe caddy in twelve easy steps

And somehow the corpse only carries one shoe despite the two feet it started with.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

AlbieQuirky posted:

Yes, it was very popular with hippies in the US up through the mid 80s.

Somebody could probably make a Kickstarter to sell those poverty sandals to a new generation.

https://indosole.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/997949183/hand-made-leather-sandals-with-upcycled-car-tire-s
http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/recycled-rubber-flip-flops
https://xeroshoes.com/

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Chard posted:

Just cut your feet off and wheelchair around, no worries about garbageshoes ever again

And then you'll get to wrap the wheels with zip ties to winterize

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

Maybe you could open that can with a blowtorch instead. Doesn't need two hands.

And it cooks while it opens! You basically just invented the soup keurig.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

[quote="“Jerry Cotton”" post="“476688560”"]
LIFE HACK: dump some literal garbage in your tea to make it pretty:

[/quote]

It's for the vision impaired psychics, walla

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

value-brand cereal posted:

That's called People Soup you absolute shiteating fucknugget. God you limeys love pretending to know how to steep anything in hot water even though you stole it from older and better cultures :rolleye: go back to stabbing Thatchers while eating brekkies you knife crime enthusiasts

It's people soup if you use salts, it's people tea if you don't. It's a common misconception, but a quick read-through of the Joy of Cooking will teach you this. They cut it out of Julie and Julia the film, but there's a chapter in that book detailing the distinction as well. I haven't seen the Bluray, there might be something in the deleted scenes there too.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

CommunistPancake posted:

Having watched almost every episode of Good Eats, I feel compelled to point out that he used American measurements and gave recipes using flour by weight.

Because good eats is food science 101 instead of cargo cult cooking

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

No the ladder is made out of wood.
Glass ladder is a weird librarian voyeur fetish intersection

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Scathach posted:

My bus is comfy as hell. But for some loving reason every can opener we bring on just breaks. I have given up on them. If someone has a good recommendation for one that doesn't suck I'd be appreciative.

Till then I'm lifehacking with a knife.

https://www.rei.com/product/696009/coghlans-can-opener-package-of-2

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

GWBBQ posted:

I never managed visible gold foil in poop after drinking unreasonable amounts of Goldschlager, so ...

http://incrediblethings.com/food/this-gold-pill-makes-you-poop-glitter/ url really says it all

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

OK jackass*, explain to me how during the baking process, all the vitamins and nutrients that already exist in the dough get concentrated and moved to the outside of the bread.

Heat causes chemical reactions. http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/jf020618n

No, the crust doesn't have all the nutrients, but it has a different chemical composition.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Use soylent instead of egg in your holiday pies

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Zereth posted:

Sometimes mold, too.

Add colloidal silver to your soylent to kill the mold walla

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Samizdata posted:

Because, yeah, no, Jerry and Tiggum have tried my cooking, right?

It's just good manners. When I go to the family Christmas dinner tonight, I am going to actually TASTE all my food before I consider seasoning it. That way I know IF it needs seasoned, and, if so, how much. So that way I get the best food experience, instead of a trip to the salt lick.

Telling people how to eat the food they eat every day for years across the world in their workplaces and you're getting high-and-mighty about manners?

Jerry didn't say poo poo about your cooking, and salt is not black pepper, so i bet your food sucks.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Im too hasty to go to assalt

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

*Samizdata at the McDonalds drive-through*
Cashier: Would you like some ketchup or salt and pepper?
Samizdata: I would never offend your fine establishment as such, I have faith that I will taste the love and care in this dish
*eats a fry*
Samizdata: Hm, this could use some ketchup
*Samizdata queues back up in line*

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

Only a true goon would get mad about people tasting their food before dumping ketchup and salt on it.

we don't give a poo poo how samizdata eats their food, samizdata cares deeply about how others eat their food and we're mocking that.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

bongwizzard posted:

People caring deeply about dumb poo poo is like the entire internet, otherwise it never would have progressed past Mapquest and....whatever that old site was that told you movie times?

555-FILK

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Yawgmoth posted:

Because expecting you to try your food that an actual person made from ingredients (i.e. not fast food which is as close to 3d-printed food style product we currently have in mass rotation) is so drat difficult, right? My god, next he'll expect you to use a plate and a fork!

The discussion began with workplace cafeteria food, so nice try but yeah we're talking about garbage fast food

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

TheKennedys posted:

I'm wearing a T-shirt right now that's older than 80% of my coworkers (seaQuest DSV :hellyeah:) and I just found a Metallica tour shirt in my closet that will be old enough to drink next year

In three years that shirt will be older than Jonathan Brandis.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Turtlicious posted:

It was an ironic poo poo post, and completely uncalled for my b.

I'm docking your pay for that

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Screaming Idiot posted:

Oh, Louisgod's back?

Use the gold leaf to impart the shiny appearance of fat

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Scathach posted:

My friend have you tried clawfood tubs

I love eating lobster in the tub

Edit: and for a lifehack, boil the lobster in the tub before while bathing in it.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

We're talking one absolute unit of a snake here. Not sure that's such a good idea :stare:

Just make the fire bigger then

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

rydiafan posted:

Are farmers evil filth because they grow more food than they need and sell it for a profit?

No, they're evil filth because they grow more corn than anyone needs to live off of govt subsidies for growing it instead of what is actually needed, and they lobby and fight to keep things this way while complaining how hard their "honest" work is.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Queen Combat posted:

Okay, I understand the urine part but what are the soda cans for?

Something for you and the audience to drink on a hot day of guillotining

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Scientastic posted:

No matter how loving vile something is, there’s always someone who’ll say “that’s just a...”

The fact that people might make something resembling that in prison doesn’t make any more acceptable as a thing a free person should eat, let alone present to friends at a party

Okay it's a frito pie, served at high school cafeterias across the US (though don't let them know they could just use eggs instead beef)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

wesleywillis posted:

My mouse has a ball.

:suicide:

Same

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

pseudorandom posted:

This is definitely the article of clothing I want to wear elsewhere on my body!

Perfect answer for all those pairs with shidding farding and cumming stains.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Len posted:

Why did I just watch a 3 Day craft in slow motion?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Is that bigger than before?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

"DIY," "hack," and "useful" doing some seriously heavy lifting in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1UPoYSAow

Admittedly, this is a cool channel, but calling this a "hack" is a lul

Has your laptop ever had problems with Wifi?

In this wild new hack we’ll be terminating ethernet cables to plug it into a wall

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

mostlygray posted:

. All three of us were a disaster in the morning and we hadn't even gotten properly drunk.

Whatever you did, there are two things to know

1. That wasn’t absinthe

2. That was poison.

Absinthe is just another drink, when made properly the wormwood does not add amounts of thujone that would cause adverse effects separate from what the alcohol causes. The NIH study linked from Wikipedia is actually good.

”NIH” posted:

The only consistent conclusion that can be drawn from those 19th century studies about absinthism is that wormwood oil but not absinthe is a potent agent to cause seizures.

Similarly, you cannot add maple syrup to vodka and say it must be whisky now cause they’re both brown.

Edit: link to study

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

freeedr posted:

I think my daughter has a big gas cartridge. Every time you snap your fingers she’s blasting like a goddamn pack animal. The paint is peeling and my apple tree is growing turds instead of fruit. Any hacks for this

Gas lifehacks? Gotcha with this one https://youtube.com/shorts/ilrI9ecN-yo?feature=share

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

madeintaipei posted:

Sock donner.

Look at the guy who doesn’t have a sock donner over there

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

SpacePig posted:

But then it wouldn't be a hack? :confused:

Anywhere that guy is filming there's a hack

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

credburn posted:

That two-for-one deal only applies one per customer motherfucker

That’s an impossible paradox and must be a misprint. Ringing at normal price.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

cant cook creole bream posted:

Pouring straight molten butter onto popcorn and figurin out tricks to make it even fattier is a very American thing to do.

Good news, it’s not butter, it’s flavacol, and it’s delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Len posted:

Flavacol is a powder not a liquid

Get some A-maize, it's a butter flavored corn oil. It's what the gourmet popcorn place I used to work at used

And then we would toss some of this on top for good measure

https://spicebarn.com/butter_popcorn_seasoning.htm

Also make sure you're using butterfly popcorn. It'll expand and catch flavor better

Flavacol is also distributed mixed with oil in bags for movie theatres and other vendor-size operations.