Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rossy posted:

Has anyone else suffered from motion sickness whilst playing TLOU?

It's the first time I've ever experienced this whilst playing a game.. Weird..

Are you playing on 60fps? 30fps? whichever one you're using maybe try switching it. Otherwise.... :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

leidend posted:

Maybe when it gets cooler but right now I'm sweating in my place even with our weak-rear end AC. 75+% humidity makes the gold headset unbearable. I thought about turning on subtitles but it just seems so wrong in that game.

Got some more TLOU in tonight at the expense of sleep, but it's a holiday on Monday so gently caress it. Love the bow and arrow, is it possible to mainly use that or am I going to constantly run out of ammo?

Arrow 5-finger-discount when they're stuck in walls if you really wanna be Big Boss of stealth.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Something tells me Sony is suckered into a serious case of the sunk cost fallacy with TLG.

Yeah, obviously, because artistic endeavors involve rational economic behavior and forethought. :rolleyes:

DarkJC posted:

Pretty sure ICO had a similarly tortured development cycle and people seem to like it.

Yerp.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Skychrono posted:

It's worse than original iPhone headphones.

It's the worst headphone I've ever used.

I prefer the free ones that come with JetBlue flights.

This guy knows what's up.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

Quick question for those of you who did the thumbstick mod. is there anything I need to know/worry about in regards to the ribbon cables? Every video showing the mod is full of "Now my touchpad doesn't work" comments.

Let me know if it's easy or not, 'cause I think them basic rubber thumbsticks gotta go.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

what...the gently caress is with exterior console modification and the people who partake in it?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

Really the only one that doesn't look stupid is the regular black one.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I've seen that. It's part of a transitional scene between dark indoor tunnel and dark outdoors at night. The game does it a lot, the whole "eyes adjusting" thing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I just finished Strider. My hand hurts. Game was badass.

Also, 5.75 hours? Maybe, if you don't count the 8 hours of deaths/restarts.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

Can someone give me a jumping off point on what to do in Fez without any outright cheating? I finished close to %50 and I just feel stuck on every area I run into. Someone said that the fake language is important, I realize that, but I really don't even know how the game works half way through and trying to decipher treasure maps hasn't been much help. If I enter an area can I solve it within it, or am supposed be collecting something from other areas (outside of obvious stuff like keys)? because I feel like I have sort hit a brick wall.

I'll help you on your way. R1,R1,L1,R1,R1,L1,L1,L1

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Any good deals for 1-year PS+ out there?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

echronorian posted:

Starting to come out of my Destiny haze.

Destiny. Haze. :mmmhmm:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

This is going to sound really weird but both my PS3 and PS4 stopped outputting video signals to my tv at the same exact moment tonight, I played my PS3 for several hours, them my PS4 for several more past midnight, then turned the PS4 off and went back to the PS3 and no signal. Then tried my PS4 and no signal.

My PS plus subscription lapsed around midnight because I forgot to pay, so did Sony basically prevent me from turning on my consoles? They're working now, it seems.

Also, it kinda sucks that they won't let you use a PS plus promo code even after your subscription expires.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

Have you tried the HDMI cables on anything else? Made sure neither got loose?

No, it was weird. Both systems stopped outputting video at the same time, separate HDMI cables. I restarted both several times and no video, even booted with the video reset trick. At that time I couldn't log in to my PS account on PC either.

20 minutes later, everything was back to normal.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Asema posted:

The amount of people who think that the PS4/XB1 generation won't look much different from the PS3/360 generation are idiots who have no idea about proper particle effects, lightning effects and the difference between less than 1 gig of memory compared to 4-6 gigs.

Yeah, I don't know about you guys, but being 'old man gaming' myself...real-time shadows giving away someone's position in TLOU multiplayer is really impressive. I'm probably easily impressed, but I remember, like it was yesterday, having consoles that made my eyes bleed.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

Motion typing is great, it's so much better than repeatedly hitting the stick to cycle through letters.

d-pad? v:confused:v

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Captain Matchbox posted:

A reminder that all racey games are fuckin poo poo unless you can throw shells/bananas, or you're in a pointy hovership with airbrakes

Correct. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeQgFfc5UNo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Scyron posted:

447 days for that Uncharted 4 sweetness. If 12/31/15 is like, anything to go on. :p

gently caress 447 days, I bet we'll have a reveal trailer at the VGAs per usual, and more poo poo at E3. Though it might be hard to top this classic sneakpeak

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

There's a glitch though that makes this trophy extremely difficult to get if you have the digital version.

PS4 firmware upgrades have patched out disc versions by making them EJECT

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

PS online in general is pretty pathetic. Sony has not transitioned into the online world gracefully. As much as I like PS4 it's really a joke with their endless stupid problems. 360 was better 7 years ago and thats why people bought 360's over PS3s for so long.

Nothing ever seems to work correctly. If nothing else Xbox felt stable.

My PSN works pretty drat well. Maybe I just have lowered online expectations from following Sony through PS1-4, or maybe I just play a lot of single player games.

Whatever the case, about the only thing that gives me nightmares to think about is the old firmware updates for PS3.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Like recently or ever because I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that no PS1 era fighting game even got close to 30fps.

I know for a fact that Bloody Roar 2 ran at 60, so there you go.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 12, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Surlaw posted:

Main Grid unlocks at 500,000 on Starter Grid, Laboratory unlocks at 700,000 on Main, Nostalgia (the best mode) at 1,000,000 on Main, Daily Challenge at 1,200,000 on Main, Dessert Grid at 1,500,000 on Main. I haven't unlocked Dessert yet but came infuriatingly close before screwing up (1,445,000)!

Holy poo poo, I can't come close to those scores on Main. Why couldn't they make the daily challenge easier to get?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Feenix posted:

I'm all for increased speed and difficulty but I feel like Pix the Cat needs something from my fingers that's just not possible after getting in a little ways.

Like, my brain is on it... I am thinking fast enough, but either my fingers, or the sensitivity of the D-Pad is just not cutting it.

I've felt this since my first playthrough. It's a fun game but I actually think the controls kinda suck.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Scyron posted:

VV I literally think you now hate all fun games.

I know he likes TLOU and Vanquish, which are fun games. Therefore, I conclude that he probably likes fun games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Never thought I'd be playing TLOU multiplayer for 17 months straight, but here I am.

Also, Pix the Cat trophies are not loving around.

BreakAtmo posted:

I honestly don't know if I should jump on the TLOU deal. In the one hand, it's TLOU. On the other hand, it's still $30 when I already have the original game and season pass, I have a bunch of other games to play, and I seriously wonder if this deal is just the first of several. I'd be pissed if I got it now and then next week the official store popped up with "50%-off TLOU, 66%-off TLOU for PS+ members".

Don't see it getting much cheaper. Oh, and season pass weapons/armor carry over to PS4.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 16, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BreakAtmo posted:

I'm saying that I already own the DLC, as opposed to someone who only owns the original game and would therefore find the Remastered package more worth it.

I get that, but PS4 owners still have to purchase weapons if they didn't get the season pass. Remastered only comes with DLC maps.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Scyron posted:

I think some of that stuff is cross buy, actually.

Cross-buy if you bought the season pass. Are y'all gettin' me? perk/clothing/gun packs that were part of the season pass are not included for free in the PS4 version, unless you bought the season pass. The maps are though.

I only mentioned it because he was making a point as to PS4 owners getting a better deal and...bah...nevermind, it doesn't matter.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Oct 16, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BreakAtmo posted:

I think you may have misunderstood me still. I noted that I had the season pass as a pre-emptive response to the common argument I've heard - that "Remastered is a great deal even if you have the original PS3 game because it comes with the DLC too", which is moot if, like me, you also have the DLC.

I'm getting tired of pointing this out so I'll just shut up after this post.

THE PS4 VERSION DOES NOT COME WITH ALL PS3 SEASON PASS CONTENT. PS4 version is still a great deal, but if you're playing Factions (which is what I was talking about) then it comes up a little short.

Season Pass content that does not come with the PS4 version but is cross-buy from the PS3 season pass.

- The Survivalist Weapon Bundle: the Specter, Double Barrel, Enforcer, and the Launcher.
- The Situational Survival Skills Bundle: Agility, Awareness, Fortitude, and Scavenger.
- The Professional Survival Skills Bundle: Gunslinger, Bomb Expert, Executioner, and Damage Marker.
- Government Issue Bundle (clothes)
- Rally BundleEdit (clothes)
- Bygones Bundle (clothes)

And the Scoped Weapons Bundle is separate from everything.

So your season pass will still come in handy. :)

NESguerilla posted:

Id' pay good money to not have so many actions mapped to triangle though. Jesus Christ.

I'm amazed that they never patched this poo poo.

four functions on Triangle: open box/pick up items/shiv/revive

two functions on X button: heal/zoom in scope

Just move shiv over to X and things would be so much better. How did this ever pass beta?

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 16, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you've gotten that far in those grids you should be able to play Laboratory and Nostalgia mode. They actually didn't show up for me until I clicked one of their achievements in the mission gallery.

If you don't meet the score threshold there's also an alternate unlock criterion that you'll get eventually from just playing (Collect X Eggs)

The Lab is pretty cool, way more chill than the standard game. Gotta say Pix the Cat is a bit more multifaceted than I originally expected.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

drat, I really think I figured out Pix the Cat arcade mode. It just clicked.

- Don't rush through all the stages, spend more time perfecting each one (fewer mistakes)
- Fever, fever, fever. It's fine if you break fever by eating eggs out of order, but dont break it by stepping on your ducktail or ramming an enemy
- Get into Fever faster by dashing against walls, when the bar is almost at Fever you can just sit in a tiny room and turndash over and over, watch that score rise
- during Fever eat as many enemies as possible for those sweet 10k point boosts, some stages have as many as 6 dudes floating around!
- you cant eat spikeballs no matter what

Just broke 100,000 points. valleyofdoom, I'm coming for your score, mofo!

edit; I'm pretty sure Pix the Cat is one of the only 'hardcore' games I've played that only uses directions/no buttons...at least since Pac Man. The trophies are insane!

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 17, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

TLOU is a fun game but the story is one long wild goose chase with a duh obvious twist in the final act.
Naughty dog has really conquered the playable movie where you kill way too many people genre. I hope they branch out one day.

Haha, nice try. :woof:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Is that $30 Last of Us Remastered sale still going? Was it legit?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Reverse Centaur posted:

I would go as far as to say the TLOU MP DLC is lovely and not worth buying at all. It just spreads out your points allotment.

Haha, this is the craziest loving post.

Anyways, The Enforcer is amazing, and worth the price (especially silenced), perks like Agility and Bomb Expert are also worth the price. The scoped weapons can be skipped, I'd say, but I hear the Variable Rifle is pretty popular these days.

You can probably score most of that stuff for less than $15 total, and it all adds to the experience if you're dedicated to the MP. I got most of it with the season pass, but I probably would've bought it all regardless.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Scyron posted:

Wait, are goons trying to suggest if you don't buy the DLC MP addon weapons you are a scrub?

I mean, I guess if you are dedicated enough to the MP the extra weapons are probably more fun, but nothing worth investing over. Unless I am missing something huge?

I got the Plat and had no issue loving up people in mp. It is mostly communication, not any sort of shiny weapon you spend real life money on.

Literally nobody is saying that. The DLC adds fun and variety to what I consider the best MP experience out there. Trust me, though, I've destroyed many a pubbie using a Revolver as my primary weapon.

edit; you may be an internet scrub if you get sensitive over sarcastic comments though.:clint:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Oct 22, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

EC posted:

That does suck. I've got a sticky R1 and the rubber is peeling off the left stick on the controller that came with my PS4, but I don't wanna be out of a controller anytime soon. Maybe I'll buy a new one, RMA the old one and then sell it off to someone.

This is how you fix the sticks.

This is how you fix R1/L1.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

sellouts posted:

I really don't know what to spend the 40.01 on in the digital store to hit the 100 this month for the 15 off deal.

Advanced Capitalism at work.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

incorporeal posted:

I really care how other people spend their money.

You may, if you're one of they.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gimp Fack posted:

Just like how the Nazi party ruined the swastika with its use in eastern religions and Native American culture, pedo furries have ruined anthropomorphic anime characters. Sorry but it's true.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Suspend/Resume (PS4) is the new Cross-game Chat (PS3)

Get used to it and just enjoy the videogames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Feenix posted:

You know I think THIS post and the "Just let it go and enjoy the games, man!" posts are really counterproductive.

We DID survive, and we can still. We DO enjoy the games. Some people made a comment that they were hoping they meant "Suspend and Resume" MERELY because you know, it was something that was advertised before launch. No one said "PREORDER CANCELLED!" or "WHY HAS THOU FUCKETH ME, SONY?!!!"

This is no different than people wanting Pause and Resume Downloads, or Voice Chat Parties, or any other thing that may have been mentioned and then not released immediately.

People are so weird on the internet. It's like if someone has any interest in anything whatsoever, some dudes are all like "Whoa dude, just settle the gently caress down. Why isn't what you have just good enough for you?"

Nope, all I was implying was don't get your hopes up for that specific feature. If you look at what you just wrote you might find it all a bit reactionary. If that feature is implemented in the future, great. BUT, I'd say it's quite a bit more counterproductive to sit around waiting for/desiring/discussing a feature that looks like it's seen major sidetracking as of this moment. It IS actually a bit different than the other features you mentioned, and most people are starting to catch onto that with regard to Sony's silence on the matter.

Wouldn't PS4s shipping with HDs instead of SSDs be a major factor when we're talking about the speed and convenience savestates? Anyone with more knowledge is welcome to chime in. :)

• Locked thread