Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Next-Gen Pilot
Title. E-Wing Only

Your upgrade bar gains one system symbol.

You can't equip two of the same system upgrade. You can't equip this card if your pilot skill value is "4" or higher.

-2 points

Edit: Along with some cool E-Wing only system upgrade, probably?

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

Zeta Ace in a YT-2400, just loving teleport sideways completely out of arcs.

Don't large ships barrel roll with the short side of the template?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

General Battuta posted:

Hey, that's pretty cool. A free FCS, a Stealth Device, and a Sensor Jammer on each Knave gives you a 99 point list...but they're still all PS1, ugh. Still, I think this is the right direction for an E-Wing fix, the whole fun of the ship is loading it up with gizmos.

27+3+4 = 34, meaning you're at 102.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Maybe it retracts?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

But then Poe doesn't get free Focus tokens.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

We don't need a new Falcon, we just need a Rey pilot for it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Strobe posted:

But we're going to get a new Falcon, because that's the kind of thing that will be barely different from FFG literally printing money.

You are absolutely right and that kind of depresses me.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, those look really really good.

I'm hyped.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Do we still not know what the Imp Vet pilots do?

And is Imp Vets on a different release schedule than the rest of Wave 8?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Foolster41 posted:

Would anyone be interested in subbing in as scum for my x-wing risk campaign? Someone had to drop, and I'd rather not just have the area empty.

The idea for this is to be a long-term campaign, but it should be fairly lax in commitment. just check in every couple days for the movement and build phases and do a few battles every month depending on how many people you attack/attack you. (There shouldn't be more than 5 battles in a month for each player max.)

If so, let me know and I'll have the dropping player send you their list.

I can certainly try! Would I be stuck with whatever ships they're using?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Eimi posted:

I'm not sure of how to set him up to get that guaranteed stress, or why FCS is good on him/B wings in general.

Push the Limit gives you a stress token. FCS is good because it gives you free target locks, which saves you actions. It also lets you spend a target lock on basically every attack, since you immediately reacquire it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, using the B-Wing's 2 K-turn and then using the stress to power your attack is pretty strong.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

zVxTeflon posted:

Whats that POW list that was posted. I wanna fly something fun at tomorrows store champ if i dont end up doing stream commentary.

Probably something pretty close to this:

"Omega Leader" — TIE/fo Fighter 21
Juke 2
Comm Relay 3
Stealth Device 3
Ship Total: 29

Omicron Group Pilot — Lambda-Class Shuttle 21
Emperor Palpatine 8
Ship Total: 29

"Whisper" — TIE Phantom 32
Veteran Instincts 1
Fire-Control System 2
Agent Kallus 2
Advanced Cloaking Device 4
Ship Total: 41

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Can someone tell me what donut holing means?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

canyoneer posted:

For the YT2400 with outrider title and heavy laser cannon, you cannot fire at anything at range 1, thus creating a "donut hole" of ships you can't shoot at

Poopy Palpy posted:

Twin Laser Turrets and the Outrider with an HLC can hit anywhere in range 2 or 3, but not at range one. They threaten a donut, but if you get close, in the hole, you're safe from return fire.

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Foolster41 posted:

I'm 1-1 tonight.

I first ran Han and Keyan against some brobots, spread out. I focused fired on one, and took it down and then I not thinking happened to do a 1 move while touching the other with han, and it worked out, because he had no manuvers that didn't not knock it off the edge.

The second one didn't go nearly as well. I tried to only use non-proxies. I flew:

Epsilon Leader
Weapons Leader
Stealth Device

Omega Leader
PTL
Stealth Device

Wampa
Shield Upgrade

Kir Kanos
Stealth Device
Royal Guard
Shield Upgrade

My opponent used a B (Keyan actually), A and Y. He flew his A away using an abillty that let it keep boosting for free, kept chasing it and was only getting hits from the others until I gave up and tried to focus fire on the Y. I flew poorly and Omega got killed before it could use it's ability once. I managed to take out the Y, and I had a chance, but my other two got picked off. I thnk the B wing was badly injured (I managed to do 1 face down through shields on it), but the A-wing was just 1 shield down.

One interesting thing that happened was an enemy ability caused me to take a crit through my epsilon's shield, which was a direct hit, which was just 1 short of killing it with a shield.

If you have Omega Leader, you have Juke and Comm Relay. That is a much superior OL loadout than PtL.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Foolster41 posted:

I don't have the FO expansion yet. I might have given the wrong name there.
Most likely my next purchase, but not before the tournament.

E: I meant Omega Ace. So OA PTLs and EL takes the stress. If I have OL I'd probably be running that instead.

Okay, yes, Omega Ace with PTL is quite good.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Orvin posted:

Final round of the day was against a Whisper + Echo list, both with gunner, FCS, VI, and ACD.

Did he have a third ship or was it a 14 point initiative bid?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

I need more Jukes. Juke is such a good card why does it have to cost £10 a copy and come with a junk ship I don't need?

Is the FO actually junk? I like it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

Not at all.

Only when you already have 4 of them and don't like running swarms.

(2 from the core set, 1 as a replacement for one that the peg broke off, and one expac one). I mcould maybe see running one more, but no more than that, the only reason I'd buy further would be for Juke.

Okay, that makes a lot of sense.

And really highlights what I don't like about FFG's packaging policy.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Geisladisk posted:

It really isn't. But most people already have two from buying the TFA starter, plus one to get Juke and Comm Relay. If you want more jukes you need to buy your fourth or even fifth TIE-FO, which noone wants.

I'm still considering potentially buying a fourth.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Apparently the double sided cards can only be flipped at the beginning of the game

So far, since there's only been one printed.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Configurable Manifold
At the beginning of the Planning phase, assign a Power token to your ship if you don't have one.
Action: Spend one Power token and choose one of the following: Perform a free boost action; this turn, when defending against an attacker in your firing arc, you may cancel one [hit] result; or when attacking at range 1-2, you may convert up to 2 blank results to [focus] results.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Otisburg posted:

Some Numbers version is a lot cleaner mechanically. It might be worth a few points in that iteration, since you lose some action economy but don't have to plan which benefit to take before you have board state information, making it a strictly better Engine Upgrade.
Hmm, I didn't think of that. That's slightly worrisome, meaning it should be a minimum of 4 points.

Strobe posted:

May I suggest changing the wording to "when you reveal a maneuver"? That way getting ion'd doesn't provide a token at the start of the phase.

I have no issue with that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Strobe posted:

Does "no issue with that" mean no issue changing the text, or no issue getting a power token even after getting ion'd which seems... counter to the idea of what ion cannons do.

No issue with changing the wording.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

That would be fun as a Scum or A-Wing only title.

A-Wings already have a good title.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

And it gives itself a stress as well, since it is its own friendly ship.

So, "assign one stress token to every ship?"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

How the gently caress does someone cheat at Ticket to Ride? Drawing extra cards?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

AcidRonin posted:

sooooo stereotypical dumb question here. I bought the Core Set for the new movie and love the hell out of this game, where should I go from here?

What's your favorite non-capital ship?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

My FLGS finally has Wave 8 in stock, so I got my Inquisitor's TIE. Unfortunately (though fortunate for my wallet) that didn't seem to have any Punishing Ones in stock.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Juke of Earl (100)

Darth Vader (29)
Juke (2)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE/x1 (0)

Omega Squadron Pilot (17)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Corbeau posted:

drat, nice list. Whoever came up with that must be an extremely handsome genius.

Hey, it may be your idea, but I was working on an all Juke list already and I added the name.

I will concede that the Vader build was completely yours.

The list I was considering had this instead of Vader:

The Inquisitor (25)
Juke (2)
Proton Rockets (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Total: 33

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

I feel like Gonk should have just been a boost to shield HP like Shield Upgrade. It wouldn't be usual for a crew card to give a one-off effect, but Gonk is a walking battery with only enough CPU power to go where you tell it so what do you want out of it.

You mean like the 4 point modification Shield Upgrade?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Piggy and horse-head guy.

Piggy, Runt, Kell Tainer, Face, Ton Phanan.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

You know that Rogue One won't be based on the Rogue Squadron books right?

We're not talking about Rogue One being about the Rogue Squadron books, we're talking about FFG making pilot cards for Rogue Squadron and Wraith Squadron.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Corbeau posted:

Yub Yub!

They need to print Lt Kettch at some point.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'd really like Wedge's Bacta War X-Wing paintjob.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I have a nice storage case for my ships right now, but I'm running out of space in it and it can't fit any large ships at all.

Can someone recommend a reasonably cheap storage solution mostly for large ships?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

guts and bolts posted:

they're literally depicted as ships on 100% of the cards, until we get into alt arts, and some of those are robots???

Except that we know that Luke, Wedge, Han, Vader, Wes, Tycho, Soontir, etc are all male, regardless of their pilot card only showing a ship.

The pilot card showing "just a ship" is irrelevant to the fact that the majority of pilots are male and why do you care so much that people want more female pilots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

But there's also no reason not to do it

This is basically the best point anyone can make on this topic.

• Locked thread