Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You had to feel sorry for the friend who picks the gold trophy car though, no matter how much you try to explain how terrible it is.

Wait what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fremry posted:

Didn't see this listed here yet:

Walmart has a listing for a Smash Bros Wii U Amiibo bundle. It's the Wii U game and Amiibos of Pikachu, Mario and Link for $99.

No word on a GameCube bundle?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

I'm currently trying to get through Champion's Road. I got stuck for a looong time at the part where you have to ascend that staircase of musical blocks, and all of a sudden the stairs go from alternating red-blue to red-red-blue-blue. I've gotten to the very last part probably 20 times now but always end up dying there.

edit: This is the part I got hung up on. Understanding how to do this took a long time.

I just cheated and used Rosalina, jumping and then spinning every half second.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Xavier434 posted:

Yeah but now you have kids at the age of 3 playing and finishing Mario games. As a parent, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for that super guide sometimes. I also take pride in the fact that he only used the guide for maybe a quarter of the levels after he learned how to play properly. :smug:

I'm not seeing how this is a big deal :smug:

Super Mario World represent!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ultigonio posted:

made by Nintendo playtesters

Mario Club is hardcore.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Too bad they didn't pick some of the more artistically unique pieces for the poster set, They're all good but I'd have rather seen Greninja's, Mega Man's, Shulk's or Robin/Lucina's instead of Rosalina or Villager. Palutena was a great choice though.

The things I would do for the Fire Emblem one

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Please please let this thing get to Dedede and the Fire Emblems

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Looper posted:

That's like standard price differentiation between the countries though

We were at parity for a long time

And then the oil prices fell and now our lovely oil dominant economy doesn't look so hot

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

start your engines

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The Smash Patch will save us all soon

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

More I play xenoblade more I'm worried about X's cast sucking. I don't recall any game that let you customize your character making said custom character interesting plot wise.

Closest I can remember is Awakening.

the one girl with ultra ~uguu~ anime eyes has already kind of doomed that game for me

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Honestly, I don't know if I should get Xenoblade. There's no demo for it either so I have no way of at least finding out if I'm mildly interested.

if you're talking about the N3DS one then yes go buy it Xenoblade owns

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

i am eagerly awaiting everyone complaining that xenoblade chronicles is too anime when it comes out

It Is

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

let's ask shulk's literal robot childhood friend girlfriend her opinion on the matter

that is also pretty anime and a thing I haven't got to yet

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Why is the smash bros thread an aspie/furry deposit box? I remember playing good o'l melee for fun with friends.

Is that not a thing anymore?

How dare people enjoy their video games differently than me

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It makes me seething mad, those people, playing this game...without items

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

No one is jonesing for Final Fantasy content more than I, but I do not think an FF rep should be from a specific FF game. It should be a character that can represent the whole series, like one of the recurring creatures or job classes. I think the best candidates are Black Mage, and Moogle. Regardless, FF is an iconic long-running franchise that shares a history with Nintendo and would be fitting for SSB, and also so is Castlevania. That's my opinion.

Gilgamesh or Sora

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

It doesn't make me mad it just makes me sad that there are people in the world that hate fun.

You've played with the Beetle and Gust Jar right

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The Smash Patch will hit in 2 hours

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Yo what Mario game is this, a friend asked, I can't answer, and it's bugging the poo poo out of me now

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Looks like Smash Bro

There are no levels that go underwater like that in Smash though, are there?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Pretty much if I can't buy it in a store for retail price then it's off my radar. I saw Robin on ebay for $50 and I just cried inside.

Just buy the 40$ figma for Lucina

It's less than the amiibos will cost to get for the next 8 months

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Where are you seeing this? Cheapest I have seen it was $90.

Well it used to be 40! :negative:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That article is bad but why isn't it Mario's glove that you can switch between characters

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I am sorry friends, but Captain Toad and Inkling are not iconic

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

captain falcon isnt iconic either but he was put in because he's Cool

Actually he was put in because his body matched the models they had before they were using Nintendo characters

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

What the gently caress do you think the new Wii-U fire emblem game is?

Not an SMT game that's what

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Well, smash needs more villains. Who would be better?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

I was trying to find the picture where he's wearing these while holding his children, but can't find it. If someone has it, post it, ta.

edit: found it.

Dad Bowser's the best :swoon:

He's hipster bowser and I'll thank you to never forget it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I liked the DS one because I thought the blue shell was a fun power up :shobon:

The Blue Shell was the best power up in a Mario game

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 4, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

enojy posted:

I thought they were perfect. Weren't most of them three sets of three hits? The ninja chimps or whatever dragged on a bit too long, but otherwise, I much prefer them to the typical "jump on their head 3 times" 20-second Mario bosses.

3 sets of 3 was the final boss in most DKC games.

Your regular boss should not take as many hits as a very comparable game's final boss.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

The ability to record sounds to use in mario levels will be a complete disaster. But what an entertaining disaster that will be!! Looking forward to seeing the creative ways 14 year-olds sneak curse words and racial slurs into their levels.

now, Bowser truly can say "n*gger"

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Someone tell me things about the MMBN 3 Virtual Console game.

Are you locked out of Mistman/Bowlman?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Everything that used to require a link cable is unlocked from the outset.

Holy poo poo I could finally beat the Omega Navis

I might have to pick that game up again.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

I dunno I kinda think people are extrapolating a lot on what the new Star Fox game is even gonna be like. We saw 3 levels and suddenly that's like a third of the game I guess???

Please list the number of non-Adventure Star Fox games for which this is not actually true

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Szmitten posted:

Not a few pages ago guys were saying they wanted more than on-rail shooting in Star Fox; a video is posted of a fraction of a slow paced level (shown on the day of the reveal) and suddenly Star Fox is supposed to be a high octane shooter again.

It'll come out and probably be good.

I want on-rail shooting but not at 60-70$

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

But the Wii-U Has Devil's Third, SMTXFire Emblem, and Xenoblade X. And not only that one of the games for the wii-u has you slather body fluids over everything already.

There is no room to talk.

1/3rd of the games you just listed might be good.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Fire Emblem Kart please

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Rest in pieces Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

Fire Emblem Fates seems to have taken the relationship system to uncomfortable places. Anime waifus sell games I guess.

That and being an actually good game with good game design as opposed to Awakening

• Locked thread