Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait till you get some more characters, then try using them rather than Shulk. Melia's a powerhouse in the hands of a player, but her AI's paste-eating levels of dumb.

This a million loving times. Sharla is just loving dumb too.

Oh hey Shulk is dying, welp, time to shoot some guns at the enemy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Well there goes my theory that it could have been theoretically used for potential GameCube Virtual Console... :smith:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Doug Dinsdale posted:

Holy poo poo.
You just made my day.
I had no idea.
I just checked Rakuten, and there's none there. The last anyone had one was for 90 bucks.
None on Amazon Japan, too.

And, wow, the little gold Mario statue they gave to platinum members is now worth around a hundred.

Oh yeah, that reminds me I need to put my Hyrule Warriors scarf I won from Nintendo on ebay...

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

You all should play Bayonetta 1 first if you've never played it because it's amazing.

Oh, that's definitely the plan. I'm glad they had the forethought to port the first game. :getin:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Probably as far as what system you have your NNID attached to. Hopefully more details will come out.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

It's called the Master Cycle guys. :colbert:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/522430647143763968

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

Try telling that to Germany.

There goes NOE making bad decisions again... :rolleyes:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Capsaicin posted:

Planning on getting a WiiU soon. Is there a way to transfer save files from my Wii to my Wii U? My Wii is currently soft-modded if that affects anything :\

Get the transfer app from the Wii Shop on your Wii and on the Wii U, go into Wii Mode and start the transfer tool that's already installed there. Follow the instructions on both ends and watch Pikmin carry your data. It will not carry over any homebrew stuff and essentially leave it alone.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Skyward Sword replaced Ocarina of Time as the best and favorite Zelda for me. Why don't you people understand? :negative:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

sulphix posted:

I understand. One of the few games where literally EVERYTHING is designed well. Yes, even the black climbing dude. Loved revisiting each of the main regions just because they were so fun just to run through. Bugs are cool too, and so is upgrading poo poo, and so were the "spirit world" challenges, and skydiving... oh skydiving.

Skydiving and bamboo cutting minigames forever. :hf:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Macaluso posted:

There was some article recently where the producer for Pokemon mentioned he'd like to see a Pokemon Snap sequel

GIVE IT TO ME NINTENDO. GIVE IT TO MEEEEE

The camera is the Game Pad. The game is already half made! :c00lbert:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

The_Frag_Man posted:

Hey guys will the gamecube controller adapter work in vWii mode?

I believe not. There was a clarification from Nintendo some time ago about it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Huh...

That's not something I expected to see...

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

How's RE: Revelations on Wii U? $15 is tempting.

It's an adequate RE game, 15 dollars is a good price for it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

elf help book posted:

I'm going to buy the Reggie Amiibo.

Real talk; I want a Reggie and Iwata Amiibo. Probably the only 2 I'd ever buy.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

PRADA SLUT posted:

Does the Wii U support USB 3.0 or just 2.0?

They are 2.0.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

DoctaFun posted:

One more quick question for you guys, do the wii u pro controllers come with a bit of a charge on them? I'm assuming they do, but if not I might open those up and charge em before Christmas morning so everyone can smash it up :getin:

They're the longest lasting controllers this generation, no joke. It should definitely have some juice.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Nintendo makes kiddie games and it only makes sense they make kiddie sized t-shirts. :colbert:

Edit: Gonna buy 3 of them and sew them together...

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Awesome! posted:

i guess i need to buy a wiimote now. are those refurbs from nintendo the best deal

Yes because you can get a complete set of a Wiimote Plus and nunchuck for way less than you can get them separate.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Site maintenance happening for Club Nintendo NA. They maybe preparing their announcement too, and here I was going to use my coins to get another 3DS game case. :v:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Well, I need 50 more coins to qualify for Platinum.

What should I get out of the following: Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Was lookin' for a quick hit for 50 more coins to get into Plat for this year. Captain Toad is still worth 60 coins for 40 bucks. Just an FYI looking to squeeze in a bit more for not a lot of money.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

They actually mentioned they are working on crossbuy though.

So at least for US Club Nintendo they put up the new games today, and they're not changing them at all until the program closes so last chance to use up coins on VC Stuff

Wii U:
Super Mario Bros 2
Excitebike

Wii (Playable on Wii U):
Super Metroid
Super Punchout

3DS:
Gameboy:
Super Mario Land
Donkey Kong

GB Color:
Wario Land 2

And also Legend of Zelda but dunno if this is the original NES version or what

It's the original NES version.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

THE loving MOON posted:

Nice, I should be Plat by then. Lotta good games coming soon

Phantasium posted:

New games aren't getting coins.

Correct, the schedule in the notice confirms that games released after today and onward will not count:

Club Nintendo posted:

Club Nintendo program discontinuation schedule

1/20/2015 Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo
3/31/2015 Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership
6/30/2015 Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

Wait Wii games have club Nintendo codes? How long have they been doing that? I guess I gotta dig through my closet when I get home.

Since 2008 or 9. Maybe earlier, the codes were originally used for the MyNintendo service which existed solely as a product registration site. Same with DS games.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I_Like_Me posted:

Just tried to register two games, and it didn't give me any coins, just put it in my list of products. It says any game released after 1/20/15 won't give you any coins so what is going on? I have a few I haven't redeemed, I'm wondering if it's because their site is getting hammered.

That's happened on occasion if the site is hammered the coin status takes a bit to update. You can check now by going into Account & Coins and one of the tabs there lists all of the coin transactions, toward the bottom you should see the most recent ones you registered and should see coin values next to them.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I_Like_Me posted:

It didn't show up under coins, I did see it in the to do list though.

What games are these? If they're really old games they may not have been worth anything to begin with.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I_Like_Me posted:

Bravely Default and Wario Land Shake It

Interesting...

I would give it some time, let the furor on the site die down a bit first. If you still don't see coins show up, then contact Nintendo Support to follow up.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ultigonio posted:

I don't believe people have gotten coins from SMG2.

It came out before 1/20, should give coins. It did for me, 20 coins.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Cloks posted:

The real question is people getting surveys for Punch Out or Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Maybe not because Punch Out will be 1/22 and Metroid Prime Trilogy is 1/29, after the cutoff.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Looper posted:

They've been there for a while, usually sell out way quicker

Yeah, the discontinuation announcement was the catalyst selling out the last set because they've been available for the past few weeks.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

zfleeman posted:

Does Shovel Knight mirror the image on the television on the gamepad? or does it do that thing where I have to push the minus button to bring the image down to the gamepad?

It's a menu option I believe. The Game Pad normally shows the inventory for quick switching otherwise.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

zfleeman posted:

How essential is quick-switching? Anybody ever use it?

Not essential though I think it's faster then pressing start and selecting a relic.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Awesome! posted:

oh gently caress me. i totally forgot to buy galaxy 2 last night. oh well i guess i will wait until the next time it goes on sale (never)

You had an entire week! :psyduck:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Austrian mook posted:

That is hosed

Not entirely, Metroid is not as highly regarded in Japan as it is in the Western territories.

Edit: Particularly the Prime series in general.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 23, 2015

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

The Prime series is not a good series. But I'm still going to spend 10 dollars for all 3 of them. :colbert:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Austrian mook posted:

gently caress you.

Sorry if my opinion irks you. It's not what I wanted out of a Metroid game. Here's another unpopular opinion, I liked Other M more. :c00lbert:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Austrian mook posted:

Im going to have to insist you stop posting. Or else.

Retro did more for DKC than Metroid for me.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're a sick man and should seek professional help.

Dr. Mario is my physician. He throws pills at me and that pretty much fixes my problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

SilverSupernova posted:

Well that's not an opinion. That's an unquestionable fact of life. However, you should probably reconsider your opinion of Other M.

Literally will never happen. Team Ninja did nothing wrong.

• Locked thread