Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
so she's been banging games journalists and gaming message board moderators to get her weird indie game through steam greenlight?

talk about sleeping your way to the bottom.

Adventure Pigeon fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Priss In Plate posted:

i wonder what'd be worse; writing for buzzfeed/upworthy/etc, or for a gaming website?

makes you think. :eyepop:

i wonder what's worse, writing for a gaming website or loving a games journalist because you have need of their "services".

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hey guys this dude accused this woman of using sex to get her tiny game some attention let's find her house and call her in the middle of the night while jacking off this is a reasonable response and shows our moral integrity.

his mom is gonna be pissed when she tries to use the phone tomorrow and finds that the receiver is all sticky

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

this is like that creepy as gently caress thing japan has going with its idols where millions of weirdo nerds flip their poo poo if one of them so much touches a dude only somehow more pathetic

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

she started off being pretty pathetic by sleeping with gaming journalists to promote her weird little game then 4chan and reddit upped the ante bigtime

maybe the next act will involve tumblr getting in on the action in a big way

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Ostentatious posted:

So basically a shut-ins version of The Warriors

only everyone somehow looks more ridiculous

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

what i'm getting out of this is that i shouldn't send dick pics, gently caress people for video game reviews, make/play indie games, or interact with anyone with bipolar disorder

these are all good life lessons

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

DrPaper posted:

I think in general not doing sexual things is good

certainly not when there's a risk of reddit/tumblr/twitter/4chan/facebook/the cia getting involved

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

'never gently caress anyone involved in indie gaming' is about as good of a matra as a person can have

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

i don't know if all this poo poo is video games masquerading as social justice or social justice masquerading as indie video games, but it comes down to that the only video games really worth buying are from soulless factory companies that break their employees until they understand their opinions don't matter. at least they don't pretend games are anything but one of the lowest forms of entertainment by and for retards as opposed to ersatz social commentary

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

california roll posted:

Bobby Kotick Was Right

given the choice between hanging out with bobby kotick and phil fish i'm pretty sure i'd pick bobby kotick every time

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Nonsense posted:

Papers please was cool. I don't think anybody knows anything about the dev tho because the dev probably isn't insane

yeah, that dude is one of the exceptions. he's made some other games with really dark humor that are basically life in an imaginary, totalitarian soviet style country.

https://twitter.com/dukope here is his twitter. it's pretty bland, just variations on 'hey people like my papers please game that's cool'. i think this dude is okay.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

Wasn't Granos some crazy pedo who installed a bunch of spyware on a girl's computer so that he could fap to her changing or some poo poo?

yeah. he installed a bunch of spyware on her computer then got caught when he tried to set up a camera in her room so he could see her naked. he didn't understand why people thought what he was doing was wrong. he's said a lot of other very rapey things. there was a funny byob thread about him but the archives are down so i can't link.

really, just read the saclopedia article about him. the dude was hosed up and probably a psychopath.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1424

Adventure Pigeon fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 23, 2014

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

so she named herself 'Granos' intentionally rather than by mistake?

this rabbit hole just got deeper

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Brannock posted:

Therapist Zoe Quinn.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

LF had the hitler actors thread and the "lets play serbia" victoria II thread and both were pretty funny

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

tranime scholar posted:

lf also had tobleronetriangular and the deathpost race. still doesn't make up for the tumblr-ish social justice scourge and anime marxism though

there were a few diamonds in the poo poo, but yeah, especially near the end it deserved to die.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

you could have banned like 10 people and it would have been fine, and the crazies usually stuck to the weird crew threads

by the end there really wasn't a whole lot to justify maintaining it, though. i think the best argument it had going for it in the final year was that it served to contain a lot of bad posters that might otherwise spread out to d&d

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Nelson Mandingo posted:

What did Bobby do now

had/has good opinions on video games

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

what i've gotten out of all this is that if you're an indie dev, sooner or later someone is gonna accuse you of rape. just the way it works. ending indie gaming is the first step to ending rape culture.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

lol it wasn't even suicide girls officially, it was some knockoff wannabe site

suicide boys?

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

is there anyone with dignity, or at least someone who isn't retarded, in this at all?

games journalism, indie gaming, zoe quinn, game jam charities. it's all just dumb and sad.

has any human being that does normal person things ever played a game made by ann anthropy?

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

these are the games made by ann anthropy. she has made more games than people have played them.

quote:

afternoon in the house of secrets
AND THE ROBOT HORSE YOU RODE IN ON
Dys4ia
THE HUNT FOR THE GAY PLANET
Keep Me Occupied
Lesbian Spider Queens of Mars (released through Adult Swim)
REDDER
Octopounce
SEX COPS OF TICKLE CITY
Shootin' Starcade!
Chicanery
This Little Piggy
Calamity Annie
Mind gently caress
When Pigs Fly
Tombed
Mighty Jill Off
Jill Off With One Hand
Encyclopedia Fuckme And The Case Of The Vanishing Entree
Town
In The Woods
Robot Gardening
Police Bear
Pong Vaders (on iTunes)

and here are her books. she writes books on good game design with twine, a web page maker

quote:

A Game Design Vocabulary: Exploring the Foundational Principles Behind Good Game Design

Rise of the Videogame Zinesters: How Freaks, Normals, Amateurs, Artists, Dreamers, Drop-outs, Queers, Housewives, and People Like You Are Taking Back an Art Form

can we have a nuclear war yet please?

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

it's like for every indie dev that made a half decent game you have a dozen hacks that couldn't make a living selling knit bracelets and second hand pagan jewelery on etsy so they decided to do something worse

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

jalopybrown posted:

SJWs have removed the word retarded from jontrons vocabulary

next they should remove it from jontron

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

big duck equals goose posted:

Not all SJW people are bad.

But most of them are hypocrite mutants who get cucked by fat purple haired chicks. Not all of them, just most of them. I bet like, actual smart SJWers are feeding the homeless or trying do run a women's shelter or something. I don't think they are playing really bad video games made by retards with RPGMaker 2012 or something. I dunno, maybe.

the people who're feeding the homeless or running a women's shelter are volunteers and activists (both very ableist). social justice warriors are sailing the seas of gender to discover new pronouns and shriek about them.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

V!ntar posted:

I don't get it. Why is everyone on Quinn's side arguing about misogyny? This has nothing to do with gender, she cheated on her boyfriend with 5 guys in the gaming press. Thos 5 guys gave that pretentious poo poo of a game good reviews. Where does it matter that she was a woman?

personally, i don't even care about that. gaming press has always been pretentious, corrupt, and largely a joke. i'm more interested in how she hosed over a feminist gaming jam to promote her own (the donations of which go straight to her), which is also being ignored by the pro crowd. honestly, both extremes seem retarded and this is about the dumbest thing i've ever seen lines drawn over.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Because women are often victims in the gaming industry. Like, I heard Roberta Williams was gang hate-hosed by 15 men in the a Denny's parking lot at 3AM after Kings Quest II due to all the dev's hating her idea for that lovely time limit chore/slave boy plot thing. I'm not sure if that is story is true or not, but it doesn't really matter because any living person who wrote anything about Depression Quest and didn't call it a "Total piece of poo poo made in 2 minutes by some rear end in a top hat. Why the gently caress is this garbage trying to get greenlight?" is insane.

Like, full blown insane. You would have to lie so loving hard to call that game good. I mean, poo poo, that's like impossible to be honest with.

yeah. but even that doesn't matter much, it's not like steam has a good games only requirement. there's plenty of poo poo so it'll fit in well.

i mean, the most i can see coming out of this is that tfyc getting some cash and more people realizing that calling yourself a gamer or following the gamer press are both terrible ideas.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

But does that poo poo get awarded for being "Brilliant works of genius" by various media outlets, even if it's clickbait garbage?

I think not! Now where is my Kotaku review of that one game where it's a really bad buggy first person shooter and the ending is "You hosed your sister" and see a gigantic anime wallscroll? Haha

Edit: Seriously, I wanna see people defend that. If Zoe made that, would people rate it good?

Edit two: The name of that game is Only If.

that's kinda a separate issue though. gaming media has always been a corrupt shithole. usually they sell out for cash, this time they're selling out because of sex or personal connections, or maybe just a confusion of tumblrite social justice with actual progressivism. the end result is a few more people realize that gaming media is terrible and everyone involved goes back to being irrelevant.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Not really sure how they are going to police that, but whatever.

it's a non-policy. some babby fake reporters throwing their fists around in a twitter hissy fit is going to be the largest outcome.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Slanderer posted:

reviewers actually liked it because it defied the expectation of being spooky, when the only spooky elements in the game were a quiet and empty house, and whatever else you imagined was going to happen in it. it doesn't have that impact unless you were knowledgeable about the lead up and previews of the game (w/o and of the spoilers), which reviewers were

"oh, i thought this was going to be about spooky ghosts but it was actually about the spookiness of my own mind!!!!"

yeah it was cool

the problem is that people generally buy a game because they hope it will meet their expectations rather than defy them, which isn't the case with reviewers. i bought the dark descent because i wanted to be frightened in a game - i wasn't hoping to discover the final gender at the bottom of the castle.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Slanderer posted:

lol the creators never claimed it was about ghosts or poo poo, people just assumed all that. they were just like "it's a game where you get home from college and no one is home" and people jumped to WOAH THIS IS A GAME ABOUT GHOSTS!!! but no it was actually a game about finding out who u really are and also about kissing ladies

i thought some reviewers were doing that? either way i didn't pay much attention to it..

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Slanderer posted:

Atlas Shrugged, which starts off as a train simulator and then ends with a lovely 4 hour cutscene

Atlas Shrugged Mod for Train Simulator 2014 where you drive around a train that gradually breaks down while various Ayn Rand speeches are shrieked at you. it will be an excellent addition to the other half billion train sim mods already on steam

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

FAROOQ posted:

Is a 13 year old seriously the final boss of twitter feminism?

this is one of the funnier things i've gotten out of this thread

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

it's a controversy about a game developer who has never developed a game because she had sex with journalists who aren't really journalists, which caused a war between men who aren't actually men and feminists who aren't feminists.

i feel as though if i merely reach forward and pull, the veil of reality will come tumblring down and i will see the truth that lies beneath

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

has a retarded little non-issue ever blown up so spectacularly before?

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

this has become like some horrible internet parody of an inspirational children's story.

the little retarded drama that could

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

PrinceRandom posted:

fake feminist are the worse i mean are they even in the strugge nigga?

i dunno where they are it's all very confusing

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

oh, is that another pretentious indie game that could only achieve success through becoming a bad rats type joke gift?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

uggg, even though i'm a revolutionary indie game dev the misogynist scumbags that play games have no appreciation of my art or the sacrifice it requires

*staples mspaint images and word documents together for an hour then pushes for a steam greenlight*

• Locked thread