Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Oh my god. I love these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

SRM posted:

I want this picture to be the thread title.

I absolutely love this guy, holy poo poo

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Improbable Lobster posted:

Bolter and Chainsword is a National Treasure: Book of Secrets.

'
Why would you hide the skulls

Holy poo poo this is insane.

That giant land raider tomb thing is pretty rad.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I don't care what anyone says, that is :krad:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I own that mini. :saddowns: I wanted a more gender balanced pair of slayers for Mordheim. I flip-flopped on whether to get the one with the weird bandage bra-thing or topless and thought that a slayer would probably not give a poo poo about modesty.

However I've never even taken the mini out of its tiny baggie and it sits under a pile of other spurned and forgotten minis in a drawer.

There's my story.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Pierzak posted:

She would give a poo poo about comfort though. She's supposed to be killed by some appropriately ferocious monster, not by back pain or her own boobs flailing around in combat :v:

You decide how much the 'modest' version would be protected against that. Sports bra, it ain't. And that version of the mini almost seems more voyeuristic, in a way. At least the naked one is just 'And what?' about it all.

But yeah, I'm not really defending my choice. They are both pretty terrible.

Skull-bra sounds like the best option.

Edit: Actually I just dug it out and it turns out I misremembered: I didn't get the naked one! Like I say though the scrappy boob tube version is hardly the most tasteful mini in my collection.

Squibsy fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 22, 2015

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
The rest of the marine looks pretty good, albeit a little bland.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I didn't know that. That is so rad.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
That... that is not rad.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Looks like you need to model some wrecked vehicle terrain

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I'm so annoyed I didn't buy a Brother Vinni Muton when I first saw it. Painted up, it would have been such a rad gift for my friend. But I waited and then it went away - presumably for legal reasons.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
It looks like a freaky Ghost Pokemon.

Also I like the EXTINCTIO on the autocannon barrel.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Wow

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

PyroDwarf posted:

I feel like this is a very specific fetish.

http://i.imgur.com/gpRQSM6.jpg :nws: for pred-tits

That's a pretty neat idea for a display base, and I imagine would be quite simple to do.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

ijyt posted:

But which one is hiding luscious locks under those skulls.

Obviously Culexus. Why else does he have such a big and awkward helmet?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I too think tech-priests need to be sexier. Glad someone agrees.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

SRM posted:

Yeah, but now he's just a dude standing awkwardly and screaming, like he's upset that he dropped his ice cream cone.

I'm not surprised he dropped it with both hands full of axes. I wouldn't have bought him a new one either.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Richard Bong posted:

Any good guides you recommend?

Honestly mate, washes are like liquid magic talent. You don't need to know anything to begin with other than 'slap on a darker colour, leave to dry' (black or brown usually, although blue can look great on white.)

I don't use P3 or Reaper paints so don't know what the colours you want are called, but I believe there is something called 'Armor Wash' that is likely to be good stuff.

That's it at its most basic. If you want to get a little more involved, keep an eye on your wash as it's going onto the model and try to watch out for 'pooling' which is where the wash gathers in blobs on flat areas. It doesn't look great, but fortunately washes remain liquid for much longer than regular paint and you can brush the wash away and into the cracks/corners where it is much more effective as a shade.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Because human experience is a strange mixture of high minded aspiration and carnal appetites?

Oh wait no, sorry. YEAH IT'S DUMB SEX IS DUMB ART IS FOR THINGS THAT I ALREADY KNOW I LIKE.

Poetry. I am swayed.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Yeah the Perry Twins are legit grognards.

I can never remember which is which, or tell who did what minis, but their output in the last ten years or so has been amazing. That Wars of the arises infantry. Unf.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
The RH pyro model is inexplicably huge. Like two heads taller than the rest and bulkier to match. It's a shame because it's quite a cool sculpt.

I don't actually own any, but two of my gaming buddies went in quite hard on the Jailbirds faction.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
No way dude that is rad. Buff sleeveless marines driving a typhoon rocket truck is the coolest idea.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

El Estrago Bonito posted:

He actually likes the Mantic elves if I remember, so his elf opinions should be taken with container ships full of salt.

Elf Thinspiration.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

I remember thinking the original demon designs for Tzeentch were dumb as a kid:

And how wrong you were.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
The Mechanicus one is so almost cool. If she was equally exposed but all withered and creepy it would be 100% John Blanche.

You could probably convert the model to be a lot better, with a little bit of sculpting know how.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Safety Factor posted:

Please show us your secrets for scultiping wizened, naked old ladies with cyborg parts.

My apologies, I was not clear. I do not claim these skills for myself. I am but a learner in search of a guru.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Yeah I feel that CAD designed minis somehow lose some of the artistry. Which sounds like a wanky thing to say akin to arguing for vinyl over digital but, certainly at the moment, the serene crispness of a CAD designed model somehow telegraphs that that is what it is in a way that the chunkier, flawed nature of a classic mini does not.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Comic nerd checking in: White Rabbit is a modern Batman villainess. She has the power to create a duplicate of herself that inexplicably wears skimpy clothing, has lighter skin, and white hair. She sends the duplicate out to do all the crime stuff.

That's a really cool power, but why does it have to be a silly playboy version of herself? :mad:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Mutant Headcrab posted:

There was a story arc called Forever Evil, where the Crime Syndicate (evil Justice League from another Earth) wrecked the heroes poo poo. Bane took the chaos as a chance to take Gotham for himself. He recruited several villains including White Rabbit.

Funny thing is, while there is a Wonderland Gang in DC, White Rabbit was never a member. Their rabbit themed villain was a gun toting woman named March Harriet.

March Harriet sounds preposterous enough to be quite cool.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Me too

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Old GW inks are really shiny though

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Renfield posted:

only if you use it as the last coat, shade with a wash, then go over that and it's all good

Hey now that's interesting. I'll try it out. Got some of the super bright GW coloured inks still.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Sup Haqqislam buddy :jihad:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

What the hell, this rules.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

JcDent posted:

Well, it's supposed to be sexy, rather than realistic and empowering. Plus, fans of sexy miniatures have low standards for boob shape realism, so it seems. I wonder how Vinnie is doing...

EDIT:

Vinni still hasn't bitten a CnD from Bethesda, I see.

He has some normal looking shieldmaidens for SAGA:

However, Dungeon Keeper "inspired" Kickstarter got funded 347%, tho.

Those shieldmaidens actually look pretty great. Is this SAGA any good? I'm hearing about it more and more.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

moths posted:

She's a familiar from a long time ago.

The Diaz sculpts are basically eBay gold because creepers will outbid each other to have them in their spacevagina dioramas.

I have like eight of them from an aborted Slaanesh daemons army back in the day. Am I a terrible person?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Ahem. The Assasinorum wouldn't waste time sending a Culexus to Tau space. GYFS.
:goonsay:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Cover up the skeevy bits and it'd be a rad model.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Padme?
Panaka?
Aayla?

... Jar-Jar?

Don't keep us hanging man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Awww, I can forgive that one. At least that character spent three movies being a ridiculously awesome villain.