Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ibntumart posted:

Are you sure Carter is dead? I don't remember her dying in The Winter Soldier.

She has Alzheimer's. She's not technically dead, but it's not to far off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mikeraskol posted:

Edit: I'm not sure I'd be so dismissive of this as "anti-climactic" anyways. There are already cracks forming in the team, as seen by the argument outside Skye's isolation chamber and Simmons' ranting. Plus the strong hints that Skye is going to leave to either go to Muad'dad or be mentored by other Inhumans.

I cannot see any possible world where Skye is messed up enough about her new powers that Mr. Hyde seems like a great option.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Everyone's a skrull! Mockingbird's a skrull! Hyde's a skrulll! You're a skrull! I'm a skrull!

Something Skrullful

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr Beens posted:

Yeah I know that but I have no idea what an ultron is based on the previous movies or this show.

"How is Ultron made?"

"Well, when a genius playboy scientist loves himself very much..."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

XboxPants posted:

This is less impressive when you consider that there are ~7 billion humans on Earth, compared to perhaps a few hundred Inhumans & roughly 1/2 of one dead Kree.

Actually that half blew up.

Unless they have the other half somewhere else? :shrug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty much totally over super advanced civilizations which create wonders capable of warping the very fabric of existence using only the medium of heavily weathered sandstone.

In their defense, the Kree made inhumans a looooong time ago. What looks like ancient poo brown primitive culture to us may actually be ancient poo brown primitive culture to the inhumans as well. Like, maybe Black Bolt has a spa somewhere where you can get massage, a week long retreat, and a little terrigenesis to firm up the ol' genetics.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The MSJ posted:

Villain poster For next week's episode.

"Hey, guys! These are some of my biologically altered buddies. I wasn't originally going to keep going after I got the Hyde formula right but for some reason I just got angry I couldn't stop so angry SO GODDAMN ANGRY ARGH gently caress YOU I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU"

*punches entire SHIELD team through a wall*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BreakAtmo posted:

It really would be awesome if they are working for those two and it's building to a Downey Jr. appearance as part of the Age of Ultron crossover.

It would be thematically consistent too, since the entire plot of Agent Carter was Peggy working for Tony's father under proto-SHIELD's RADAR.

I mean, for completely different reasons, but I still feel it's a good point.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh man oh man I got to watch my wife's reaction to Grant's heel turn just now :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Yessssssss. They're going full Hyde with Hyde. And he mentioned he's still "tinkering with his formula," he's gonna HulkHyde out on everyone at some point.

lovin this poo poo, haters vacate

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Favorite part was Cal getting mega-butthurt when No Eyes called him a science experiment and told him to leave

I can't believe they passed up the opportunity to have him walk away to sad Hulk music.

I mean I know it's thematically inappropriate but come on.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

David D. Davidson posted:

Don't forget about hte brief period where it was called Agents of HATE. that was awesome.

IMMA WATCH TEE VEE!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Real SHIELD is going to turn out to be a bunch of skrulls.

They're rename it SKRULL.

They're working on the name.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joust posted:

I look forward to Real S.H.I.E.L.D. and the forward thinking ideas of Director Ward.

"Murder."

"Sir, we can't just make the word 'murder' our charter, we have to include—"

"MURDER. :stare:"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

twistedmentat posted:

Man, Bobbi is totally going to change sides next episode. Fitz will totally turn Mack to.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that Bobbi is a triple agent. Infiltration and acting is totally Mockingbird's poo poo and the only person in the Marvel Universe better than her at it is Widow. I imagine she's going to be all MY COVER'S BEEN BLOWN PHIL WE HAVE TO GET TO HUNTER

hiddenriverninja posted:

Simmons is definitely on her way to crazy town

Started sweet and wholesome English biologist-next-door, ended up crazed Inhuman-hating Nazi. Comic books!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Bobbi's working for Fury not Coulson.

Working for Fury pretending to be working for Coulson pretending to be Real SHIELD.

It's all a plot to get his own toolbox back. Coulson's finally going to be like "You could've just asked for me for it!" and after a moment of silence Fury will go, "Huh. Yeah, guess so."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So basically, realSHIELD are just some battle-crazed zealots who took over a battleship and now have their britches all up in their rear end because Fury picked Coulson instead. I hate these guys already and if watching them almost gun Skye down didn't turn Bobbi back, nothing will.

Also can I say how much glee I experienced watching Skye use her powers to alter the water flow? It was one of the few moments in the Marvel universe where you get to see someone alone going, "Holy poo poo I have powers. I have powers and I am using them and they are loving awesome." It was really sweet for some reason. :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
It's almost like Real SHIELD is a naked power grab by Gonzales using a puppet board of directors and lip service to transparency as a cover!

Basically they tipped off they were Real Bad Guys when they fired at Skye with live ammo. Bobbi's already going to have a crisis of conscience, and when Coulson and Hunter launch whatever wacky buddy spy plan to break back in, she'll most likely waver and then join up. Fitz can probably guilt Mack into switching sides, too. I think Jemma'll stay with Real Live SHIELD though because of her recent PURGE ALL GIFTED NONE CAN SURVIVE gestapo bullshit :smith:

What's going to be hilarious is when we find out Gonzales is actually an operative of A.I.M. :tinfoil:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Missed in all this is the greatest possible moment in the series. Coulson's on the run and needs to lay low. Where's the first place he goes?

Tahiti.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
As awesome as things are getting, I'm kind of worried now that they've got the first inhuman out there. What if the whole thing degenerates into a X-Men style ridiculous power arms race? What if superpowered inhumans lose their inherent special-ness? What if we end up with Cable? :ohdear:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Now that she's revving up, I really wanna see Quake throw down with Gordon now, because it's pretty clear he's not on the level. It's also pretty clear that New Day SHIELD and the Inhumans are both being assholes and gearing up for a war, and Coulson's people are getting caught in the middle.

I'm really going to like Civil War if it's going to be the same---inhuman jerks versus human jerks with people like Cap and Coulson trying to reason with both sides. It's better than a dumb fight over whether people should carry a superhero license.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Sharmat posted:

Lincoln is the really crazy one.

Seriously, his prices are insane!

Also he eats people.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Deadpool posted:

Cal has done a poo poo load of terrible things, and that's just what we've seen, but he's always been consistent in the fact that he's done them all to get his daughter back. So seeing him be calm and charming when she walked in was perfect. Yes, he's a sociopathic lunatic but he still loves his daughter and that's all that matters to him.

And he's really not an actual sociopathic lunatic, it's just at one point he thought "If I'm gonna get even, I'm gonna need superpowers," shot himself full of Hyde juice, and then was too busy putting people's skulls through walls to stop and go "You know maybe this wasn't such a good idea."

Kilo147 posted:

Goddamn, son.

Reina account spotted

Anyway episode owned but nooooo May don't join Team Assholes. :smith: Fitz and Team Wants to Help the Superpowered are way better

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The frustrating (actually it's incredibly good storytelling) thing about the Civil War leadup is that both sides really have legitimate points. Gonzales' SHIELD is wondering what in the ever loving gently caress Coulson is up to that he won't even tell his lieutenants and Coulson doesn't want Reel Big SHIELD to continue clamping down on people with powers where they could do some good in the world.

The tell, though, is in the language being used. When May, Jemma, etc. talk to inhumans, they say "fixed". When Coulson and Fitz talk about her, they don't use that kind of language. Also, isn't the Hydra doctor's name they're looking for Dr. Fix? Did I hear that right? :tinfoil:

Basically RSHIELD are being hypocritical authoritarian jackasses and I'm on Captain American's Phil Coulson's side. :colbert:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ambivalent posted:

Dr. List. Which, before you move on to another theory, is probably not because he's a Doctor of Lists, but is his name.

Guys, it all makes sense now! What if---

oh

:smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

victorious posted:

Now all we need is for Coulson to start losing his hair and have an accident that leaves him in a wheelchair.

:geno:: The wheelchair's a side effect of the terragenesis. Not much you can do, but it comes with perks. I get the closest parking spot now.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

old dog child posted:

I've concluded that I like Cal even more now

A good conclusion, no matter when or where it's made

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Can I believe this is in cannon? Like, no matter what happens next, I want Cal to have tamped down the Hyde formula enough to have a happy dinner and take a family photo before everything goes to poo poo again. :unsmith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
One thing that's subtle but present is how the Inhumans are splitting along "deformed" and "normal looking." Outside of his administrative roles of Afterlife, Gordon gets real pissy with Lincoln in the scene with Raina for no real reason other than him being a young pretty boy.

I think Raina, Gordon, and some of the others that came out of terragenesis with physical changes are going to band together. More civil war for the civil war gods :black101:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Nemo posted:

Marvel's Agents of Real S.H.I.E.L.D.

I want AoRS and AoS to run side by side with the exact same events, except on each show the other agency's depicted as mustache-twirling villains, even in scenes where the exact same thing happens.

Like by the end of the season AoRS has Coulson wearing Magneto armor and AoS has Gonzales as the new head of HYDRA.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kheldarn posted:

Was it? I remember his excuse was to use the money to give Hartley a proper burial...

Nah, he got his burial up front and then was gonna go into hiding from Talbot. Coulson specifically requested Hunter turn him in for both the money and so Coulson could have a "get off our backs" chat with him.

Also I'm glad they're going the Avengers academy route and I hope it's one of the things that turns the tide in AoU. Coulson doesn't have to get a lot of screen time, just a quick little, "Hi, I'm Phil. And these are a few of my friends."

*Deathlock, Quake, and Mae beat the poo poo of someone, possibly Ward*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sammus posted:

It all makes sense now.

Pretty much every single character on the show that is related to SHIELD in any way is off doing this poo poo in Milwaukee, leaving Edward James Olmos with his aircraft carrier and fleet of planes to represent REALSHIELD if they make any appearances at all in the Avengers movie. Someone will probably say "Where's SHIELD?!" And it will cut to Olmos and Crew making a last stand on their boat as Ultron rips him a new one.

This leaves Coulson in charge again, with everyone treating Mac and Bobbi like poo poo for betraying them, except they're going to save all their lives in the second part, so then everyone hugs and makes up and deals with the fact that the world just went to poo poo, again. Coulson will probably say something about how since the team is needed more now than ever, all is forgiven.

Also, Cal gets mad, probably hurts people.

THAT'S NOT THE PLOT!!!

Seriously though, episode owned. I really like Cal, I wish someone would just come out and be like "Dude's been experimenting nonstop on himself for several decades." I feel like everyone involved would kind of go "OOOOOOOOOH okay yeah that makes sense" and they'd handle him better. :shrug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

I like this explanation.

It was an interesting "shuffle the deck" episode, and I don't look forward to being Cal back in Afterlife.

Eventually Gordo's gonna make one snide comment too many and set Cal off on a rampage and I'll be damned if I might not be cheering him on.

The Inhumans at this point are getting about as bad as REALSHIELD. Skye's mom basically telling her "the humans aren't my concern" in response to Cal possibly going on a rage fueled murder bender is... probably not a great way to handle that situation.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rocksicles posted:

Cal getting mind wiped on his good side, and having furious Coulson rage when he turns. Would be pretty funny.

Or the mindwipe goes horribly wrong and he finally goes full Jekyl/Hyde.

I love this show because you can't discount any possibility that sounds plausible because you never know which ones will get used. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh poo poo, I just realized what Omega Protocol or whatever it is means.

Avengers assemble!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bobkatt013 posted:

and when its over tell him he is stupid and let Daisy shoot him again.

THAT'S... oh wait, that is her name.

Best day ever! :kiddo:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

That was a good episode. I'm shocked that Lincoln was able to go toe to toe with Mike.

Electricity doesn't mix real good with delicate implanted components.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Oh my God I just heard the A-Team theme in my head and why the gently caress isn't it Tuesday yet

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Keshik posted:

I like psycho Ward a lot myself, but I am very very hopeful that if he gets anywhere close to Simmons she will straight up execute him, double-tap on the ground.

She looked him right in the eyes and swore to kill him if she ever saw him again. I want that to have been serious and not just a line.

I really want her to do exactly that, instantly, no hesitation, no one having time to get in her way like with Fitz, or him to just never get near her at all.

I would really like for the end of the episode to be Jemma saying, "we're done here?", Coulson nodding, and then her emptying an entire clip into Ward.

It won't (or even should) happen but it'll be pretty cathartic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kheldarn posted:

Graviton would probably be able to go against her...

I had this thought as well and I cannot wait for Graviton and Quake to throw down and destroy half a city in the fight.

Also the gloves thing makes a lot of sense. As a agent she wears them to regulate and put people at ease, but she can get sanctioned under Theta Protocol to pull them off and ruin high level target's poo poo without worry about blowback.

Leads nicely into pro/anti legislation Civil War, too.

• Locked thread