Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J9jz-OgdfI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMGC6LyGYJQ

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Remember when Brad vehemently defended a missing part of some UI as intelligent design and then someone tweeted at him live and told him it was a bug

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

If any game is gonna be the most popular game in the world I prefer the simple honesty of a Battle Royale rip-off than DOTA2.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theyve played a fuckton of PUBG and clearly loved it (their quicklook of it is like 3 hours long because they lost track of time) so if it ends up getting goty or sitting up there, thats just what they were into.

it's a fad and it'll be replaced by the next game that works out the kinks in its predecessor like pubg did to dayz, and it's obviously just a fun little diversion compared to truly incredible games like mario, but hell, cant deny ive lost whole evenings to it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

i dont get why people are acting like PUBG is a fad. its a really really good and repeatable concept for a round-based multiplayer game

i think pubg is really fun, but if something else comes out that distills all the good stuff and cuts more of the fat like dayz->pubg, it'll get left in the dust. and right now multiple giant companies are in a race to do just that lol

that said the 1.0 patch was a lot more impressive than i thought it would be

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Holy gently caress a 3+ hour hitman video!!!

YES

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmfao, jason’s submitted statement on pubg
Battlegrounds is an asset flip that has the distinction of winning big off a dollar scratchoff. People are losing their minds because you can now vault over things. I refuse to believe this is a finely crafted experience.

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ill say theyre pretty games but fighting increasingly bullet spongier enemies in a shooter because the RPG mechanics demand it is the worst idea ever. also yes the aggressive advertising is really annoying, the same poo poo happens on the battle.net launcher where it acts like you own the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well at least it wasnt destiny lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that screenshot of brad licking his lips

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think Kojima once said in an interview that he wanted to make a way for a game to destroy the disc it was playing on but Sony would never let him

this is what originally happened if you tried to wait out the end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

bbg protected yet again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Brad has probably spent more time discussing Destiny than anyone I know has actually spent playing it.

his whole face lights up when destiny's the topic and then he just kind of slouches quietly for the rest of the cast its kind of disturbing

i remember he gave up on mario odyssey in a few hours lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DQXI is my GOTY easily

same and thats in a year of really great games

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

GoW will be top 3, Spiderman will make the list, Destiny 2 Forsaken will make 9th/10th place after Brad threatens to slit his own throat live onstream, and forza will not make the final 10

quoting this for later.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao always

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Just remembered today that these retards gave Game of the Year to Player Unknown’s Battle Grounds.

in a year that had mario odyssey, botw, nier, prey, etc. lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

DQ11 and RDR2 are the big boys of the year, they didn't like rdr and will probably forget dq11 existed lol.

i still like their quicklooks but color me surprised if this year's goty talks aren't hours of aids

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

naughty dog: sorry guys, we cant make it to the gotys this year
[rockstar, insomniac, bethesda, rocksteady, bioware, activison all crowd in] dont worry, we got you fam

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Why was the Smash Bros QL 28 minutes long while Fallout 76 was over 2hours.

they cut off every match/mode after 20 seconds lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

danny o dwyer released a half life documentary in noclip. every one of the noclip docs are incredible and this one is cool unfortunately randy pitchford appears in it but there's a surprising guest appearance in the pope himself

ooh i need to watch this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

this owns btw

its really great and now im gonna watch their other docs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

abby is cool, idk what happened to her in the gotys

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

spb posted:

Priest: In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.

*unsubscribes from cum town*

Priest: Do you renounce Satan?

*unsubscribes from Chapo*

In training: I do renouce him.

*unsubscribes from Joe rogan*

Priest: And all his works?

*unsubscribes from Giant beastcast*

In training: I do renounce them.

*unsubscribes from Giant bombcast*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

Hey guys, just showing off a couple new drawingss of Abby. Ya i know what youre gonna say, why post it here. Well Im basically out on my rear end til spring, mod’s orders. Sucks I know

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i had the goty talk going on in the back while i gamed and these fuckers spend 45 minutes talking about nintendo labo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

What the...none of them got out of Low Rank in MHW...I was under the impression that they all love it and played it a ton when it came out. What the hell lol.

wtf

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Everyone else talking about whatever, etc.

Jason, at 1% volume as everyone else: The combat, the look of it, just.. mm!

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

brad rambling on about how destiny is Good Now and the stupid lore while everyone politely nods and goes "uh-huh" god

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

To me it's obvious, and I'm sure I've said this or someone else, but these people are morons who can only think about games in retrospect as something that sucked up their time because they have to play 400 of them a year. What can you possibly think would come of them trying to rank a game. Reasoned and critical discussion???? WTF??? lmao. People are literally hype when they go into it agreeing that one game is bad so it's one less game to worry about 9 dopes hemming and hawing over for 3 hours. And... people singling Abby out as the person who ruined Goty is like... Dude. Did you see Alex looking like a alien baby who wants milk, as he said 20 times in a row that Nier holds a special place in my heart because it's Themes speak to me in a personal way. Or Jeff looking like he's on the verge of sobbing because his radio show is Hot Garbage. Or Brad sitting at his own end of the table full-on manspreading as he prepares to filibuster that rear end if Destiny 2 doesn't win lootbox of the year. Their all culpable, if you ask me.

lmfao. the abby hate is out of control (wonder why??) fully agreed here

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I've only listened to like30 minutes so far but there's a really good moment where Alex posits that Dragon Ball FighterZ warrants a GOTY nomination due to, quote, the unbridled hype it provides, and everyone says Oh Hell Yes. Of Course. Did you see Sonicfox switch chairs? Lmfao. I

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

bob explaining why dead cells is the best indie roguelike platformer of the last 3 months would be better cuz he would be excited about it, when i saw him streaming dusk he started singing a sonic song to himself in the middle of it

lmao :)

Wormskull posted:

Frankly my reaction is more to the people who take it more seriously than even Giant Bomb themselves because it's ludicrous, and I never would of liked this anyway, and prefer to hear about it second hand from people who know what stuff I want to hear.

i posted this in the ninty thread but Dan was suckign dead cells off and explained he beat rogue legacy 4 times in a row and it was his goty of that year

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Everyone please infantilize the grown woman and protect that smile.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

good joke guys, im sure they didnt actually sit in a room for 18 hours and read the wikipedia list of games released in 2018

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Geoff, on dq11: That said, I did not finish the game.
Brad: I hear it's very long.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no one else had anything to say about DQ11. *jeff* was the only one that played it lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i always get jeffs mixed

anyway he spent 20 seconds talking about how DQ11 was "pretty good i guess", they moved onto spiderman and I shut off the vid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010