Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Lol at Jeff's offhand comment/anecdote about how he got bored one weekend and swapped all the labels on his Atari 800 games so he could be surprised whenever he plugged in a game.

lol thats badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The last half hour of Firewatch felt like an injustice toward the first four and a half hours IMO. The 3-4 different story arcs going on all just kind of fizzled out uneventfully

ij ust beat it and yeah this. is till liked it a lot but the last half hour was the weakest part of it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

Alex's tweet about the jerk off article:

i’m never prouder than when i see former coworkers producing the kind of content i always knew they were destined to make

:pwn:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dipple posted:

you gotta be careful if the schadenfreude of listening them sob over Trump gives you an erection lasting longer than 4 hours

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

causticBeet posted:

Danielle got raised on the thumbs so it's no surprise she leans heavy on lame in jokes. Idle thumbs is a good 'cast though.

i cant listen to idle thumbs nymore because chris remo is a pretentious turd baby aand i can only imagne thats gotten worse since firewatch came out

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

I think it was during Whatcha Been Playing. He talks a bit about this new series he's doing called Permadeath where he has to try to beat a game without dying, or only dying a certain number of times.

For Breath of the Wild he gave himself 3 lives to finish the game. Each time they stream, the community gets to vote on a new rule he has to follow. So far he has "you can only change weapons in combat if one breaks or if you throw it" and "no map." So no navigation, fast travel, etc.

So he's barely a few hours into the game and already has that poo poo to contend with.

th weapon rule is interestng but no map is total garbage. pro huds just a better version of that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

[constructing my dream team] Boom, you got Luke Smith, ya boy Mikey Neumann is in there too with the Gearbox PR peeps, and you KNOW we got Game Over Greggy in the team fat shirt wildin out!!!

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Soral posted:

crunchwrapulations to the supreme couple

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

you do wht you want to do boss. im not your dad

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Waypoint has a podcast? Why would you subject yourself to that?

evryone on th podcast other than patrick is good, i mostly listn to the ones where patrick's not there

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Lots of weird random little ticks, unable to pick up on social queues. I don't like playing arm chair psychologist but I think Rorie may be suffering from a touch of the tism.

gently caress you

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

oh hey brad wrote a review

"Roger Ebert once famously declared that video games can never be art, both because the intervention of a player robs an artist of their authorial control and because, more fundamentally, no game to date had managed to make any of us "more cultured, civilized and empathetic." Though Ebert eventually walked back his original position as overly rigid, Hellblade strikes me as a game that inches closer to meeting his original high bar, and I wish he'd lived to see it."

oh

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

vaginal facsimile posted:

Beastcast: Vinny explains the Monty hall problem
Bombcast: Ben got sports from watching Dota

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Milkman posted:

yeah, it's in that jeff rants playlist i posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE-tKEqEU6I

what the gently caress

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Lmfao. There was a bit on this week's podcast where Brad vehemently defends some UI decision in Destiny 2 saying that it makes it more of a thinking man's shooter, requiring better teamwork, more active whatever. And then they got a live correction saying it's a bug and I personally Brad should be fired for it.

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

cool, idgaf

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

After Partaking In Normal Conversation With Human Beings, I Decided I Have Some...Things to Say About It
PATRICK KLEPEK

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

they're gonna make dan pick between mario and zelda immediately and it'll be heartbreaking

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'm gonna blow a fuse

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

It's sick they got Yoko Taro to do a list

oh gently caress thats cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao his goty is pocket camp

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Listened to the beginning of this week's dbz podcast...could you imagine a worse collection of people than the ones who fall in the middle of the Venn diagram of "posts in giant bomb comment sections" and "loves to bring up JoJo's at every given opportunity online"

no comment

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Jeff and dan swapping freeza/frietza is too much

im getting caught up from vacation and this is the most hosed up thing ive ever heard

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tfw no all systems goku

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lmfao Dan lost half a year's salary worth of taxes due to Taco Bell's insane wedding.

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

does anyone have the screencap of i think drew smashing klepek's balls over the stardew jerkoff mod article? i cant find it anymore

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

godlike

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

esperterra posted:

smh if you're gonna read a bitch at least get your facts straight. i am not a fat retard

i am an average sized retard

you fuckin suck dude

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

John Romero posted:

i think dan is still at wwe. they dont have a reputation for being good to their creative employees tho

yeah i could 100% see dan getting starry eyed and taking a bad contract when the wwe approached him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

this is 7 and a half hours if youre craving the gotys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGtwMSUQqK8

this actually is helping, ive really been craving dan content