Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Wait, Smash Run is local only? That's...weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

How does Nosferatu work? Does it heal for the last damage dealt by Robin?

It's a grab that damages an enemy and heals you for the same amount. I'm fairly certain you get out earlier if you're mashing, or something.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

KingSlime posted:

Wait so you all are successfully connecting online with random people?

For a given value of 'successfully', yes.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

tbp posted:

Is there a ranking/ladder system for the online portion of the game

I'm fairly certain that's what 'global smash power' is.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

fadam posted:

Robin with gear doesn't feel powerful enough to compensate for how crappy he is when his sword/book are gone.

That's their entire gimmick, though? Of course they're crappy when their items are gone, that's their thing.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Can I use the DPAD for movement because the circlepad is really bad for this game.

Nope, those are permanently bound to taunts.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Chaltab posted:

I must say I hate Guar plains in spite of the awesome music. The bottom of the stage is a big gaping hole!

And unlike in Xenoblade itself you don't get an achievement for suicide off the Bionis.

I once randomed into that stage as Ganondorf. His Side B does not stop at those platform's edges. Had like 4 SDs in a 2 minute match.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Falco isn't nearly high enough for me to believe that.

fadam posted:

It's cool they decided to not only add a billion Fire Emblem characters, but also make them all lovely so they're not even fun to play.

They added exactly two Fire Emblem characters, the same as Kid Icarus. Iunno why everyone is freaking out over their representation, especially when one is a clone.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

LibbyM posted:

I really want to like Robin but am having trouble getting her to work for me at all. Maybe just not my play style.

The most success I've found with Robin is by playing like a massive coward. Stay as far away as possible and charge thunder; if someone tries to approach, fire them (fun fact, this knocks Wario off his bike). If someone approaches in melee, nosferatu them and run away. Getting into the dodge-and-counter fests tends not to work out well.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

tbp posted:

What are the chances for DL content? Like a change to For Glory to have the Battlefield stage etc.

The chance for DLC in general is pretty high. I doubt it'd be that particular thing, though. I'd expect more along the lines of new characters and palettes. Normal fighting game stuff.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

Everyone sees themselves as Player 1. You can keep track of yourself by tapping your character's portrait.

Yeah, it took me a bit to figure this out. Why do they do this, again? It even has a brief 'You are P1!" flash up on screen when you load into a game, they could easily have it say 'You are P2/3/4!'

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I had the best random fight in for glory. I was Robin, they were Link, and whenever I ran out of thunder/elfire to spam at each other, we just taunted each other from across the stage. Makes me wish we could add someone's friend code after the game.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

KennyMan666 posted:

Tournaments in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS won't be run on 3DSes?

Why would someone run a tournament on the 3DS when it's easier, better looking, and generally better to run them on the Wii U version? Unless the Wii U exclusive stages are all terrible or something.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Cleretic posted:

I'm worried about the online scene on the 3DS when the WiiU version comes out. I don't have a WiiU and I don't think I'll get one, what if the 3DS community completely evaporates whent he WiiU version comes out?

Unlikely, considering how many people own a 3DS vs. how many people own a WiiU. It's possible that Smash 4 WiiU will sell 3 million consoles but I doubt it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of many of the 3DS versions stages. There are a couple of cool ones (I like both of the Pokemon stages, Reset Bomb Forest's stage transition is really cool, Tortimer Island would be great if it didn't zoom out to show you the boat all the time) but the rest either have really overbearing/stupid gimmicks or have way too many walk-offs.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Palutena is really drat fun. I'm not sure if she's good or not, but I've been having no trouble in 1v1 for glory.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You can get KO'd through the boat in the Paper Mario stage, wow. That sucked.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

i hope they announce DLC characters and one of them is a Fire Emblem character so people lose their minds about anime swordsmen, and also so I can play as another Fire Emblem character.

Nah, I'm tired of anime swordsmen.

Now, an anime AXEman, on the other hand, I could deal with.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Geostomp posted:

I'm feeling excited about the whole Divine Peanut Gallery commenting on the match to take the place of Snake's Codec's (unless he turns out to be one of the coming DLC characters).

If that happens, I can't help but feel that they would combine the two. Either in style (Have Pit and Palutena use codec for the conversation) or just have the KI:U and MGS characters in one conversation.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

jivjov posted:

Until fighting games implement a button-check-lobby session before matches, there's always gonna be some downtime as everyone makes sure their poo poo works.

More reasons why everyone should switch to Skullgirls as their fighting game of choice!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Misandu posted:

That sure is a whole lot of stuff I didn't say.

I think that there's no excuse for modern games that want to have any sort of following to have common place, reliably reproduced glitches. Just because traditional sports are so monetized that they become insular and difficult to break into doesn't mean that Fighting Games should have unintended mechanics that don't get fixed.

I don't mind glitches, but I don't necessarily expect them to be fixed; I'd rather have them made into the system entirely, and have them explained in tutorials.

Otherwise, we get something like GunZ, where actually playing the game as intended gets you derided as a noob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

How Rude posted:

I thought their goal was to make Brawl as much like Melee as possible, not make their own smash game.
Adding in a fuckton of new characters doesn't seem to make much sense, unless you're yanking my chain.

That's what they were originally planning on doing, but then they realized that was a bad idea, so yeah, now they're basically making their own smash game.

• Locked thread