Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Law & Order: Flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Technogeek posted:

If nothing else, it's interesting to imagine a Justice League without the two biggest names. (Although I'm sure it's been done in the comics.)

3 since I doubt we'll get Wonder Woman either.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
So now the dad knows about his secret and he knows about the daughter's secret.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Astro Nut posted:

Its basically because, aside of being inclined to help people since he was a kid anyway, he's a cop. So learning that for the last nine months there's been nutjobs running around with superpowers, with scores of people dead or missing, with nothing to stop them, he decides he's going to change that, even if going beyond the strict boundaries of his job.

It's also to clear his dad's name probably.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Hollismason posted:

Barry Allen acts the way Superman should have acted, is what I'm saying.

Superman should've had Chris Meloni kill Zod for him?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

LongDarkNight posted:

People of the city are not going to love the guy constantly blowing out their windows.

Cities are fairly compact; you could probably make great distance with subsonic speeds (it's like 760MPH or 1200 km/hr).

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

McSpanky posted:

I really hope that's where it's going too. The Barry's dead mom retcon in the comics is lame "tragedy = pathos, look we're grown up serious business comics for MATURE ADULTS" crap and when he tries to fix it he literally ruins it for everyone else and learns that his mother HAS to have died or the universe breaks. I'd love nothing better than for this show to do the Back to the Future thing instead.

But upon coming back he realized things have changed...like how the Arrow now using boxing glove arrows.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

hangedman1984 posted:

Clearly H.G. Wells is a time lord, and these are all different regenerations

Inventor of The Time Machine and a Time Lord? Definitely Rassilion.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

GreenNight posted:

Us comic nerds know that the DC TV and movie's are completely separate but most people see what Marvel is doing with Shield and the movies and assume that DC is the same. So yes, people will probably ask what the gently caress when there is a new actor playing the Flash.

They'll probably react like when Amazing Spiderman was announced, i.e. not caring.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Drifter posted:

Which is fine, because I'm not sure I could take ... Bruce ... pining over a woman for whatever reason like the main characters of Arrow or Flash.

I take it you didn't enjoy at least two of the last 3 Batman movies.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Drifter posted:

I didn't really enjoy Rises at all, no.

There's also a difference between relationship development and the weird drama we have gotten. Arrow and Flash relationship stuff is YA-tween drama more than an interesting and healthy adult relationship progression.

All of Bruce's relationships in Begins and TDK were YA-tween drama (because he was emotionally a child).

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Drifter posted:

and? I was never comparing batmans to these.

You said you hoped that Bruce would never pine after a girl in that way. He already has, and you didn't even notice.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Aphrodite posted:

Not the same. Merlyn was still Merlyn. The show just had 2 people with that name.

Shado was kind of a bust, though.

Also this is still the most hilarious line on a Wikipedia page:

quote:

Shado is notable for being an antagonist and a love interest to Green Arrow in DC comic books, and is distinguished from other recurring characters by being both his rapist and the mother of his child.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I like that Oliver managed to predict where Barry would be and punched him in the face.

He really is Batman lite. :cool:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Batman sort of has "rich white dude" tattooed on him though (unless he was adopted).

Superman you could do as a Latino and the parallels would put X-Men to shame.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Narcissus1916 posted:

And goddamn it, somebody had to mention Man of Steel butchering the poo poo out of Pa Kent. That might be the most aggressively stupid thing in a film jam packed full of whoppers.

White farmer is conservative - a shocking twist.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Boogaleeboo posted:

So liberal enough to adopt an illegal alien, cliche in all other senses? Nope, still stupid.

Liberal enough to adopt a white baby.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
:siren: EVEN BARRY'S DAD KNOWS :siren:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Murphys Law posted:

The Flash is so fast we get to the next commercial break sooner.

It's basically this, the pacing is such that you want to get to the next part ASAP.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Honestly when I saw the ring I thought it was revealing that Wells was Barry from the future, who disappeared to fight Reverse Flash.

Too bad that only lasted like a second, though.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Flesh Forge posted:

This is a cool theory but they're making it really obvious that the suit is super shiny in the time of Nora Allen's stabbing, and the suit is very worn and dull in the Science Room, so I'm pretty sure it's not this linear at all.

e: it's also a much brighter yellow in the past

It's possible that something happened along the way (like, they accidentally cause the car wreck) and Wells just gives up.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Valeyard posted:

I think that after the Reactor explosion, Wells really DID lose the use of his legs. And between then and now he used the RF suit to heal himself, but for some reason he wasn't able to do this when it first happened

I think he stood up at the end of the first episode so it'd have to be while Barry was in a coma.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Whizbang posted:

Flash and Heroes both have secret techniques to massively cut down on SFX cuts, but the problem with Heroes is that their technique was having Mohinder hold the door closed so they didn't have to show anything.

I do wonder if effects costs have gone down in the intervening 6 years or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Soylentbits posted:

It's a whole industry based on the idea that vigilantism works. Of course it's stupid.

It's more based on the idea of "what if we could get people to pay to be Sisyphus, and enjoy it?"

• Locked thread