Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

This is like the cat still playing with a half-dead mouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIAjxi11wIw

She really can't stop talking, can she? Like just take a breath and think for a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

On Maddow last night Rachel talked about a cadre of republicans planning on staging a mini protest/walkout during Jeb's speech at CPAC this weekend. Apparently Jeb's counterattack is to bus in his supporters 6-8 hours in advance of his speech and overload the room.

I hope the republican party tears itself apart.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I gotta be honest: If there's one person on the CPAC Straw Poll that I would consider to have a real possibility of getting 51% in the general, it would be Marco Rubio. That the core base has disowned him is irrelevant, they'll still turn out to vote against Hillary.

Does Rubio's completely fabricated "my parents were escaping Castro and seeking freedom in America" story and the subsequent admission they left years before the takeover disqualify him?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Slate Action posted:

Rock music actually caused 9/11.

(release date of both these albums: 9/11/2001)

Bleed American actually came out in mid July 2001. I know cause I bought it on release day. It was renamed "Jimmy Eat World" and re-released in October 2001.

Note that this album did actually come out on September 4th, 2001:

Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever
by noted terrorists Explosions in the Sky.

The liner notes contain the words "This plane will crash tomorrow" leading to people misremembering the release date as 9/10/2001 and forcing the band to explain their artistic choices.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

This morning on CNN's State of the Union Ted Cruz was asked repeatedly, "you're definitely someone no one likes in Congress. If you become President, you'll have to compromise with Democrats on things. Can you give me an example of things you've compromised on?"

He repeatedly brought up legislation barring terrorists from entering the US, rewards for catching terrorists, etc, things that passed the senate 100-0, before finally admitting he'd only had those two things passed in his entire time in Congress. Then said "those two things are more than almost any other Republican."

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Cliff Racer posted:

Getting only two laws isn't all that bad. Its certainly not good but keep in mind that getting two bills passed into law a year in the house is really, exceptionally good- most people get one or none. Since there's 4 times fewer people in the senate you can say thats an average of four successful laws a year or 12 for the three years he's had so far. Its bad but its not abysmal.

That makes sense, but literally his only two are:
1. not letting a known terrorist come to the US as a diplomat
2. agreeing to pay a cash reward for information leading to the capture of the guys who kidnapped/killed those Israeli college students a couple years ago.

Not exactly going out on a limb for your conservative principles.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I am signing up here to my request tickets!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

So he's basically Fred_Thompson_Moose_Chili.jpg times a thousand?

Best Fred Thompson is still "can I get a round of applause?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt5YIJVwouE

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

For $20/mo Huckabee will play bass in your band!

edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFmLbkVciSQ

Woohoo!

How long will her wikipedia page continue to read "She has frequently been ranked as one of the worst tech CEOs of all time.[4][5][6][7]."

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Spaceman Future! posted:

He closed down lanes on one of the highest volume bridges (actually I think the actual highest?) on the planet to get revenge for a political slight. He is not smart about loving people over, other than himself at least. Hes very good at that. Dudes gonna end up in a cell next to Blago once the IRS catches up to him too so there's that to look forward to.

Not only that, an elderly woman died that day, possibly because the traffic problems doubled EMS response times.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

SedanChair posted:

Even Gingrich was a lightweight when it came to actually implementing policies, and he might as well be James K. Polk compared to Cruz.

As someone who only knows that Polk "was a president," what more do I need to know to get this reference?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

William Bear posted:

Harsh. Huckabee's wife is asking the crowd, if they invited Jefferson, Franklin, Washington, Madison, and Adams over, could they justify the current state of America to them?

I'd be too busy explaining light bulbs, railroads, cars, planes, computers, submarines, the internet, telephones, microwaves, space travel, television, and evolution.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Joementum posted:

This is why we need a series of seven Lincoln-Douglas style debates with a time keeper but no moderator. I'll even let him use a Tele-Prom-Ter!

I did L-D in high school and it was some of the most stressful experiences I can remember.

I endorse this plan.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Professor Funk posted:

Rubio scandal list:

Bought a house that lost money
Bought a fridge
Has four speeding tickets in 20 years

Uh, how come everyone is forgetting the entire "flat out lied about his parents fleeing from Cuba in the middle of the night to escape Castro and the communists" life story, which I vaguely recall helped him get elected in the first place, when in reality his parents left Cuba 3-4 years before Castro came to power?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

this cannot be a presidential announcement.

this has to be a performance.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

That's why I'm endorsing...Chris Christie!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

man if we only owe China $1.3B let's just pay them off, drat.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

This guy is totally off his rocker. holy poo poo.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So did he declare or not? Also did he finish a sentence or an idea?

:suspense:

Yes, No.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

China bigger problem than ISIS

Mexico: the new China

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

"I can make Mitt Romney's entire family my indentured slaves."

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I hope every other candidate is furiously rewriting their speeches to up the ante.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Speaking of endorsements, Bernie picked up a crucial one half an hour ago.

Wrap it up, Hillaryailures.

LilB's curse destroys championship dreams for real, I bet his endorsement is equally as powerful.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dahn posted:

Someone in Walkers campaign made a negative tweet about Trump so it's game on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqQ89J1D45o

I find it hilarious how he cannot stop talking about his business deals and all the millions he makes here and there.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

The Swastika is a 6000 year old sacred and auspicious symbol and remains in use to this day in Hinduism and Buddhism.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Miltank posted:

niche writer for conservative feminism

something has to exist for it to be a niche.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Joementum posted:

Here's the Rubio version. I love his childlike enthusiasm when he realizes he can answer the questions. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTOUy4uItps

He literally got the first question wrong and proved it with the second!

"Full name?"
"Marco Rubio."
Nickname?"
"Tony. 'cause my middle name is Anthony."

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

If Trump just keeps doing these meandering rants at every stop he'll be the nominee

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

MrBims posted:

I'd rather live in a world with Germ Theory denial than one without.

I'm ok with this as long as we require all the deniers to live in the same city/state/country.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Re: people dropping out:

Rand Paul narrowly avoided having to drop out this past weekend, he only succeeded in convincing the republican committee in Kentucky to let him run for both Senate/Presidency by having 70% of them not show up for the vote.

Also Rick Perry's Iowa campaign chair just quit...to join team Trump.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Kalman posted:

Just a guess, but it might be because Perry stopped paying his staff and everyone else is already staffed up.

Absolutely that's the reason. that means, though, that Perry is quitting soon, so the whole "no one will quit till February" isn't gonna happen.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

And now for something slightly different.

Remember Scott Walker?

the beginning to this article is amazing:

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a38317/scott-walker-ruining-wisconsin/

esquire magazine posted:

Last week, Scott Walker, the goggle-eyed homunuculus hired by Koch Industries to manage their Midwest subsidiary formerly known as the state of Wisconsin, gave up his job as a meathead presidential candidate and returned to his more comfortable employment as a ruinous governor. The Republic was saved, but there are still parts of Wisconsin that Walker hasn't yet poisoned, so he went right back to work at it.​

That's some masterful writing.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

homeless poster posted:

gently caress yeah carson is my new main dude. as an atheist, i assume this means i have to contribute $0/year of my income to the federal government with no downside right?

what percentage of republicans would publicly renounce all religions and be barred from attending religious services in exchange for paying 0 federal taxes?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

How does the slow motion car crash going on in Congress this morning affect the 2016 race, if at all?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Rocks posted:

I can't believe Trump is hosting SNL.

Isn't this gonna play hell with the Equal Time Rule?

Trump's gonna be on national TV for ~40-50 minutes in a non-news capacity.

Can't wait to see Jindal's comedy hour.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Full Battle Rattle posted:

"Satan turns down House Speaker position"

Naturally, he's gotta coach the team against the Colts tomorrow evening. The season's just getting started.

(Go Patriots!)

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

AngryBooch posted:

Somebody asked him who his favorite Marvel Superhero was and he answered with "Batman" and "Supergirl is hot."
Why am I not surprised?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l1PMVvfjDM

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Mr. Pumroy posted:

why does jeb want to kill baby hitler? is he ahead of jeb in the polls?

his dad mentioned it one time years ago

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Patter Song posted:

Jenna Johnson @wpjenna
Trump on Carson's changing stories: "How stupid are the people of Iowa? How stupid are the people of this country to believe this crap?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgJC4Pu_tbo

All the King's Men is really one of the best political movies ever made and if anyone hasn't seen it they really should!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

memy posted:

There was a remake actually

Why watch a lovely remake when the 1949 version won best picture?

• Locked thread