Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Watching Romney flail to stay relevant has been even more rewarding than his actual loss. Is there any precedent for a losing politician to hang around and snipe rather than actually do anything other than Palin? Did she create a new political cliche?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

deoju posted:

The GOP would have to be careful how they play the "too old" card against Clinton. They rely on older voters who wouldn't like to hear that a 70 year old shouldn't be trusted.

A part of me agrees with this, but another part of me knows there's absolutely no low the GOP won't sink to in order to demonize their opponents, even if doing so indicts their own candidate. See: Romneycare and Purple Heart bandaids at the 2004 RNC convention when their own nominee was an actual draft dodger.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Oh lordy I can't wait to see how piss poor that idiot does in the debates. It's clear he has no idea what he's talking about at all regarding public policy.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

HAHAHAHA I never noticed the airborne tab bracelet he's wearing in that photo. I had no idea they made f'ing bracelets. WOW

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Nintendo Kid posted:

I didn't call him that, I called the people who claimed to represent the plotters deranged.

You said "man". The poo poo you post is bad enough without pretending you meant something else after being called out for it.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Brannock posted:

Is it really that much to expect the leader of the loving United States of America to be well-educated?

For half the country, yes. Actually who am I kidding if a popular Dem lacked a degree they'd screech about this to the high heavens.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Yep it's religion and the media's fault that people find someone discussing crushing/selling fetal parts while casually eating an arugula salad to be distasteful.

If you think this is about "distasteful" you should start paying attention. This is 100% about GOP hacks latching on to something that might get them the chance to do what they've been trying to do for the last 5 years. We killed a million people in Iraq and no one on the Right gives a single poo poo about that. GOP voters don't care about babies, they care about women being punished for having sex.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Cruz is going to reenact this.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Who tries to commit suicide in the 3rd grade?

Geez.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

blue squares posted:

how many god drat times are you going to make the same unfunny joke?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680205&userid=75752

I laughed so hard looking at this. Thank you.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

DynamicSloth posted:

Do people actually still give a poo poo about John Wayne? His last movie was 40 years ago, and 95% of his filmography is forgotten dross.

Half of Fox News's viewing audience is over the age of 68.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Isn't Trump up by like 20 points in NH? I mean, I know the media narrative will be that he "lost" (even though he only got 1 less delegate than Cruz) but surely that much of a swing is unlikely.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Jesus H. Christ Rubio got absolutely dismantled by Christie. Which is weird because Rubio seems like the most eloquent of the candidates- but when he repeated that poo poo about Obama's policies being deliberate for the 3rd time, he just walked into a drat sawblade. Hard to watch.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

dimebag dinkman posted:

Daughters turning on fathers...

:wow:

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

can he really take credit for what a bunch of hardworking scientists and engineers did in a lab though?

This made me laugh for 30 seconds straight.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Actually, this reminds me that Trump has somehow avoided coming off as snooty in most ways. He talks about steaks, not foie gras or some other stereotypical rich people food. He has a private jet and a trophy wife and a gauche aesthetic with gold fixtures and everything but none of his poo poo comes off as high-brow "more refined tastes," whereas John Kerry (speaking of condiments) couldn't shake that poo poo in 2004 and its association with his wealthy upbringing.

Fat chickenhawks made fun of Kerry because he won a Silver Star for valor and multiple Purple Hearts. The truth hasn't mattered to these poo poo stains for their entire lives.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

I highly suggest reading the comments. The decision to continue following Romney on social media after '12 has really paid off.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Hahahahahaha

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Hahahaha they are going to horse race this poo poo as much as possible. Good. It will make the inevitable fascist meltdown that much sweeter on election day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Big McHuge posted:

Found out tonight that my GF totally buys into the O'Keefe planned parenthood videos and there's probably nothing I can do to change her mind. Thankfully I'm fairly certain she's not voting for Trump.

Spend ~5 minutes explaining to her why she's wrong. If she listens, cool. If not, save yourself a lot of time and break up.

• Locked thread