Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zakkro
May 29, 2015

a helpful bear posted:

Trump calling out Sony.

The Playstation isn't as luxurious as it used to be!

"I would have made the yoojest Spiderman movie ever, but those cowards had to make a deal with Mahvel."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Is Trump just stalling until someone else arrives to give their speech?

zakkro
May 29, 2015

This is the best comedy special I've seen in quite a while. Is this being uploaded on Netflix later?

zakkro
May 29, 2015

good politics guy posted:

bill kristol is literally going to kill himself

Or help found the National Renegades Association.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

We need to get rid of "old school corruption," and make room for new kinds of corruption.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

"And someday soon, right here *points at White House*" Oh my god, they're admitting Hillary will win.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

The President of Young Republicans can't even competently say a url out loud.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

This is boring. Baio, remember to mention you had the hots for your wife when she was of (legal age).

zakkro
May 29, 2015

"I love Trump for his toughness, his willingness to speak the truth, and uh... poo poo..."

zakkro
May 29, 2015

People cheering at someone blaming a presidential candidate for the death of her son is. Something.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

One of the men in the cutaway just now looked like a mixture of Trump and Gerard Depardieu.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

If Spalding Gray were two men, and super loving boring:

Harlock posted:

13 Hours: The Movie: The Play

zakkro
May 29, 2015

God, I never thought I'd say this, but bring Ben Carson on stage already.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

I guess this is what Trump meant when he said he has the best words. It applies to his entire family, I'm sure.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Karl Sharks posted:

then you'd have don jr creeping on them, trying to peep some titties

Then just don't hire Ivana or Ivanka.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

zakkro
May 29, 2015

zakkro
May 29, 2015

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Oiled and Ready posted:

Wow, sad snipe

I don't know, it feels pretty appropriate given this whole year.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Vladimir Putin posted:

gently caress them all

Sadly, this will happen to none of them for another ten years, at least

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Phi230 posted:

the damage is done,
trump has won; its alt-right now
pepe reigns supreme

Over and again / last polls are in
While everyone lost / the battle is won
with all these tweets that Don's done

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Low on the list of rebrands, but still pretty irksome, is "secular" being a bad word.

A friend of mine railed against secularists some time ago, cuz they're trying to undermine Christianity and therefore destroy America.

I don't see it that often, but the word/its derivatives come up.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

shiksa posted:

lol if someone is not explicitly running to enact a secular government they dont have my vote. freedom of and from religion, bitch. god, that's one of the things i expressly don't miss about living in north carolina, is being treated like a fuckin space alien for not going to church.

My dad doesn't like muslims, but if you say "freedom of religion" he says "yeah, but there's some evil muslims out there that don't want you to have that freedom."

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Nichael posted:

That's really the dumbest loving argument. "I don't like how radical Muslims treat people in their theocratic nations so I'm going to do the same exact loving thing in my nation."

Yeah, and it's applied to almost anything you can consider progressive.

"You [lgbt/women/non-muslims] think you have it bad here? Stop complaining! Other countries would kill you!"

No no no no no no America should never strive to improve, we're already better than x amount of countries in some measures, so we're good for now.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

I do not want Trump to be president.

But if he wins, I won't be that upset. I just have to figure out how to lighten my skin, maybe I'll go bald, and I'll just fall in line.

Fascism can't be that bad, right? Like, it might not even start with him. Someone worse might come along!

I don't drink, btw, so don't listen to me.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

what have you got to lose?

That's the argument that really convinced me, ya know?

Why try and think you can improve on anything, when about half of your country wants an orange nazi to lead them. I mean, I'm voting for Hillary, but at this point, I'm keeping my expectations real low.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

This point of the election is basically The Empire Strikes Back, the lowest possible moment (maybe?) that we can be in, with the promise that things will get better.

If Trump loses, we get Return of the Jedi, which isn't amazing, but it'll do.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Is every single Presidential Nominee going to be called a Nazi from now on? In 2004 Bush was a nazi then Obama was a nazi and now Hillary and Trump are Nazis.

If they actually espouse nationalistic views, and work closely with actual white nationalists: sure.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Jewel Repetition posted:

Trump victory: The Force Awakens
Hillary victory: Knights of the Old Republic
Bernie write-in victory: Return of the Jedi
Stein victory: The Phantom Menace
Johnson victory: Star Wars: X-Wing

Well, if none of them equates to the Holiday Special, I guess we're in the clear for now.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Civilized Fishbot posted:

With reasoning like this, you'd call Mussolini a nazi, which is insulting to both mussolini and nazis

Alright then, Trump is a real Mussolini.

I apologize for disparaging Nazis in tyol 2016.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Civilized Fishbot posted:

trump really is much more like mussolini than hitler, he's just a pure narcissistic rear end in a top hat

Sure, but a lot of his supporters seem more Nazi-ish than Italo-fascist?

I don't know much about that era of Italy. Or most eras of Italy. I'll drop it.

Nichael posted:

Trump brand fascism is no where near as stylish as the Nazis. loving trucker hats. Gauche and dumb.

I don't know why I'm so afraid of people who put "truck nutz" on their vehicles, but here we are.

zakkro fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Sep 26, 2016

zakkro
May 29, 2015

a.lo posted:

wish they still had 5 dollar footlongs but then again this is trump's america.

You really wanna throw Trump under the bus, huh?

Those footlongs just got ten feet longer.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Al! posted:

Tell u what my friends, making video games takes an insane amount of work

I have made some terrible games before, and even they took more work than it really showed.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

I'm pretty sure it is. The Lecturer in Recent Runes looked it up and apparently the dominant ones get huge cheek pouches

gently caress, I've been a fan of beta orangs this whole time.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Nichael posted:

Yes, the Republican party has a long and storied history of standing up to Trump and standing up for the rights of minorities. They will control the legislative branch, most states, the executive, and the judicial (and he said he wants to pack the Supreme Court too).

He'll be a despot in all but name if he wins.

The party didn't know how to react during the primary, they're still not great. They didn't anticipate he would get this much support.

But they also don't give two shits if Congress does nothing. As in: they don't care if the American public knows that they don't do anything, even if it means blocking stupid ideas Trump proposes during his presidency. That doesn't mean they disagree with Trump on any number of issues, but that means they can eventually get to other, shittier people who are probably smarter i.e. more dangerous.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Bip Roberts posted:

Republican congress is going to loving love trump.

I feel that that relationship will be pretty one-sided.

Edit: Though I'm assuming that them not passing crazy crap (the wall) will bruise Trump's ego. He could just not give a poo poo and just fall in line with the GOP's ideologies, but not as bombastic as he does now. Man, I don't know.

zakkro fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Sep 26, 2016

zakkro
May 29, 2015

I guess that upcoming Frontline doc is right, and all he really really wants is to win so he can rub it in Obama's face.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Firebert posted:

a guy wearing an honest to god Nazi uniform shot 9 people in Texas, there's probably a less than 1% chance this is brought up in the debate huh

Was it a white guy? Cuz if so, there's no reason to bring that up anyway. We can't possibly figure out what his motivations might have been.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Trump is not going to call Hillary the c-word. If anything, if he gets that riled up, he'll couch it in some bs language like "I have a four-letter word for my opponent, but I'm going to be polite and not say it out loud."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakkro
May 29, 2015

So what's next, does the GOP try and make it so the moderators of the next two debates can't speak? Oh, and also Clinton can't say anything, too?

Just how big of a baby is Trump going to be, basically

• Locked thread