Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Paul Robertson?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Freudian posted:

Anyone know what those characters translate to?
I didn't catch on to it reading "Python" until the timg'd version, so I tried to figure it out for a bit. The first five characters look like they would say "annakaro" or possibly "annaka" followed by the kanji for mouth, and the last character doesn't exist in Japanese as far as I know. It doesn't translate to anything.

Also those fake Nintendo book covers on the last page rule.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Public Reprimand posted:

http://captainosaka.deviantart.com/art/The-Legend-of-ZELDA-169582665

It was literally the first result for "Scott Pilgrim Legend of Zelda" in Google Images.
I wouldn't consider Paul Robertson's style to really be like Scott Pilgrim comic style though, he did the graphics for the Scott Pilgrim game. Comic is Bryan O'Malley.

That said: Paul Robertson is awesome, so it's time for fanart by Paul Robertson.

If you want to go looking for more of dude's stuff, beware that he's made quite a bunch of :nws: things. Lots of pixel tits to be found. And some pixel dicks.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Radio Paranoia posted:

Mass Effect / Dragon Age mashup?
Whatever it is, that dragon is rad as gently caress.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

snergle posted:

This looks a lot like legends of the galactic guardians or heroes. The one about monarchy vs democracy in space featuring ww1 germany as the monarchy side.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes/Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, yeah. Best drat anime ever made.

So, you know what, let's see what's going on in the world of LoGH fanart.

...gender-flipped versions of the characters also being their flagships Kancolle-style.

Characters dressed as Pretty Cure characters.

Only mildly more gay than the actual product. (in comparison: this isn't fanart. It's from the manga.)

Inevitable Touhou crossovers.

And this thing.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I don't get it so I'm just going to go with my hunch and guess it's the Game of Thrones world.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

tbf the "THRONE" on Bowser's castle was a pretty big hint.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Inari (well, and Chamupei) is definitely my favourite Touhou fanartist these days. Dude absolutely nails the "cute creepy" style, the third image there is probably the best example of it.

On that note, have some Peanuts fanart in Japanese style I found on Pixiv.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This is lovely art, but they missed a huge chance to put a kite in there.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

These rule and I need more.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

New Touhou game dropped today and one of the new characters looks like this.

As if she didn't look ridiculous enough already, her name is "Clownpiece".

The stars and stripes on her clothes made certain things inevitable.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Holy poo poo, legitimately thought it was a photo at first.

And yeah, Oda's fantastic when it comes to character design. Great manga, that.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

This is golden.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Inari is my favourite Touhou fanartist these days. Also up there is Chamupei, because, seriously:

And, of course, the single greatest Touhou fanwork that was ever created:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

frankenfreak posted:

I've been following this thread for a long time now and seen a lot of unlikely mixups, but a combination of Touhou and football still took me by surprise.
That's nothing new, there were even two Touhou Soccer games that I think were modeled after the Captain Tsubasa games, but I haven't played either that or Touhou Soccer so I'm not 100% sure.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I thought maybe people would need some context for that one, but honestly, bkub stuff usually don't make much sense even in context.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Ramos posted:

Wait, are they force feeding him squid? That's pretty hosed up.
One of the Splatfest themes in Japan was squid vs. octopus.

Specifically, which one was better as sushi.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Too easy

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So I actually know the artist of these ones. He's the son of the author of a very famous Swedish series of children's books and has gotten some of his comics published, and self-published some Touhou doujins he's sold at cons.

Here's something non-Touhou from him, too.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

...actually, time for a picture dump from this guy.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yeah I'm gonna need a source for these because they rule.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

That's by the same guy who made the Nintendo dime novel covers which are also cool fanart. They've been posted here before but are worth reposting.

Also one that's a video game but not Nintendo:

And of course these:

Source

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Would play a Sonic game in that style.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Nuebot posted:

Wait, what happened to the megaman fans? I thought everyone was like me and just kind of stopped giving a poo poo when capcom did.
Mighty No. 9 happened.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Oh lol, that's kind of an obscure reference for a pun. At least I'm fairly sure it's a pun.

Explanation: In the Parodius games, there's a character named Koitsu. Koitsu is a stickman riding a paper airplane, his bombs are stickmen with parachutes, and he stands in pretty much that pose. The Touhou in the picture is named Koishi and I'm thinking the joke here is that tsu and shi in katakana are very similar - ツ and シ.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

HGH posted:

I remember hearing about how dark that thing got. Like, the Elite Four weren't some trainer elite, they were a group of eco-terrorists who wanted Pokemon to rule the world. So for example Lance was a maniac who wanted to burn down everything to make a paradise for dragons and such? And you had people and pokemon actually dying like the image above, and team Rocket wasn't a harmless joke, and so on.
Unless that was a thing in Electric Tale as well, that sounds more like what happened in the Gen 1 part of Pokémon Special (aka Pokémon Adventures), which is still ongoing and is everything the Pokémon anime should have been.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

There's this artist on Pixiv who does some nice Doom stuff, like this one to celebrate the release of a Japanese community project megawad:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Descriptions have the themes so yeah it's sword users, black haired women, characters in school uniform (so not specifically delinquents, but the gakuran is pretty much the default outfit for anime delinquents), bald people, macho/muscular men and older brothers.

KennyMan666 has a new favorite as of 11:51 on Aug 11, 2016

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

havesomemoore's SU comics are great since they're really just slight exaggerations of what actually happened in the episodes they're parodies of.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

These are pretty great. Got an artist name, alternatively a pixiv link? Wanna follow this guy/gal.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Okay now I've actually played Undertale so I might not just scroll past all the posts with that anymore.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Captain Invictus posted:

How'd you like it, what sort of playthrough did you decide on?
I did all three, in the order Neutral - Pacifist - Genocide. Started playing the game for the first time on Wednesday and got done with Genocide today. My opinion after neutral was good enough RPG with nice music and a fun battle system. Pacifist was better, more story and explanations, battles became mini-puzzles but still had the fun parts, made me appreciate the game a bit more (and my only real beef with the route was that the final boss felt like a long cutscene since you couldn't die so it didn't matter at all what you did). Genocide was made of disappointments and boring grinding, made me appreciate the game a bit less. If the bosses aside from Undyne and Sans had been, y'know, actual boss fights, preferably enhanced versions like Undyne, it would at least have provided some nice breaks from the snorefest that was grinding out all the random encounters in each area.

So it basically evens out to good enough RPG with nice music (Spider Dance best track) and a fun battle system (had it not been for that I likely wouldn't have bothered with the game at all). You'll never hear me calling it one of the best games ever and it's pretty unlikely I'll give it another playthrough but it was at least worth playing.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And a relationship chart of the multiple Aztec gods.

Unfortunately, I can't identify them all. :doh:
You'll have to figure out what these are actually supposed to be but the katakana says:
First row: Mikutorantekutori, Omakatoru, Patekatoru, Mayaveru, Painaru, Vevekoyotoru
One off to the right under those last two: Atoratonan
Second row: Ishipaparotoru, Tsupe Toteku, Tesukatoripoka, Kesharukoatoru, Vishiropochitori
The two off to the right above the third row: Torarokku, Charuchivitorikui
Third row: Toranruteotoru, Torarutekutori, Shorotoru, Senteotaru, Vishatoshiwatoru, Tekushisotekatoru, Nanawashin
Fourth row: Ishutoriruton, Makuirushochitoru, Shochipiri, Shechikesharu, Shironen, Chikomekoatoru, Tonatiu

Kesharukoatoru is obviously Quetzalcoatl but the rest I'll leave to you who seem to know the actual names. Those four in the second row are grouped as "The four siblings of Ometeotoru", whatever that last word is, and the four in the lower left are "The four siblings of the flower of happiness", at any rate.

Edit: Had a typo in one and another completely missing from the fourth row, fixed

KennyMan666 has a new favorite as of 19:19 on Dec 16, 2016

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

goose willis posted:

So what the hell is it
Ridley in a power suit and Samus in a Ridley suit.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

spasticColon posted:

This image is once again making me long for a Studio Ghibli animated Zelda film. It's too bad Miyazaki is retired now as well.
I've been calling Sanzoku no Musume Ronja, which was a co-production with Ghibli and directed by Goro Miyazaki, a good Zelda anime. It's not a perfect fit, but the exploration aspect is definitely there, especially the part where Ronja first heads out into the forest reminded me a lot of Zelda. And hearing Japanese voice actors trying to pronounce Swedish names is never not going to be hilarious to me.

So let's see what good/bad/horrible fanart of that we can dredge up.

Mostly good, it turns out.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Source on super rad Ghibli images please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Internet Kraken posted:

What is the origin of this meme
Scott Pilgrim. Original panel:

• Locked thread