Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

I like that they said they were removing it from the shop because it was too powerful and that way we'd see them less in battles. Before that announcement, I didn't see E-25's that much, now I see multiples in every game whenever I'm in a tank within their tier range. This was all a marketing scheme, and it worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Darkrenown posted:

This is one of the stranger things I've seen in chat recently:

A quick Googling reveals it to be lyrics from weird commie metal. Except they're American.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Atomizer posted:

I'm thinking that was bought by the shitter J4G that he linked to a few pages back. That guy I guess is the homophobe and he's spending tons of cash on titles for everbody that shits on him. More money for Lowtax, I guess! :toot:

That was a fun read.

Also I know I'm late with this, but... is the Panther 88 the stupidest premium ever, or is it just me?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Nordick posted:

Actually, Accept are German.

Well I must say, they have excellent English, almost no accent that I could hear.

AlmightyPants posted:

I just got the Sherman III and I haven't played the regular M4 in ages. The stock gun seems to bounce off of everything. I honestly don't remember what to do in this thing - everything feels worse than I remember and I'm confused.

If you put the standard 76mm on it is basically the M4 with a neat-o reskin, and the top 6-Pdr turns it into a Ram II with 5 more pen.

Edit: Also, partial gold refund for Panther 88 owners. Neat.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 30, 2014

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

primelaw posted:

Guys I promise Little Caesar's pizza is actual pizza :v:

It's cardboard with a thin layer of spiced ketchup and melted polymer on top.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Atomizer posted:

The M7 & Pz3/4 work better as medium tanks as they have actual mobility in addition to functional guns.

I'm pretty sure the III/IV and IV H have the same L/48 as their top 75mm.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

The Southern Dandy posted:

loving hell Shadow of Mordor takes forever to download. Just went on a Steam spree!

I bought Shadow of Mordor as well when it first went on sale for $30, it's... okay. I can see why it was super hyped for a few weeks and really died down, despite being "open world" you can't walk more than 50 yards without engaging a mob of enemies or sneaking, and when you kill a mob of Uruks another gaggle of them respawn nearby and immediately come towards your location.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Poil posted:

Is it just me or are the Russian voices recorded in a can?

No, you're just hearing the voices through their superior Russian radio. Which is two tin cans connected by a string.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Zettace posted:

He's upset that the black guys don't all die in the first 5 minutes of fighting.

Actually, I had always thought the movie trope was that the black guy always dies first.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

McGavin posted:

If that's not enough endorsement for you it is also Jim Lahey's brand of choice in Trailer Park Boys.

I'm sold!

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Invite code if anyone wants it for an alt or friend: RMSZ9-9EVTX-676W8-ZK8ME

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Just getting back into the game last week or so after a pretty long break, turns out the KV-5 is still a fun tank to mindlessly play and earn credits. Seeing them a lot more often now, though. I'm guessing they've gone on sale multiple times since January/February of last year?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Hellsau posted:

Probably like 5 or 6 times, maybe more.

drat, that's... a lot.

Hellsau posted:

Also you shouldn't play this terrible game.

Well, you know. Relapses and such.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Is this Halloween event the first time they did the whole "rent-a-tank" thing where you get a premium tank for a day or two before losing it?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Hellsau posted:

I think there was an IS-6 rental a while ago, and the lovely tier 7 Bad Prince FV was a week long rental, but these 2 day rentals are pretty sweet. We get to play premium tanks and find out that I never want to play this loving Scorpion ever again.

I wonder if you could wait a month or so tell support you want to use an exception to get your Scorpion back because you rage-sold it, and to check your service record for proof of ownership.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

stephenfry posted:

You can use exceptions for multiple tanks. Do the Pz B2, the Ram II and the M56 Scorpion simultaneously.
the m3 lee is in WT ground forces, not in Armored Warfare

yet

Already have the first two, and didn't even bother with the Scorpion so I don't have it on my record. Still, I'd love to see someone get a free Scorpion like that.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Ensign Expendable posted:

That's amateur hour, the proper response is "I have two gay dads".

Tell them you have two dads but neither are gay.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Hellsau posted:

Can we just get the KV-5 on sale again?

Or not, that way bads forget about the garbage bin on the front of it.

Darkrenown posted:

Maybe WG could activate loving roaming and we could come play on your poo poo-rear end server with it's stupid actual specials?

Speaking of this, why do players from Mexico always play on US East instead of West?

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 27, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

SARSfest posted:

Real Talk: Pershing is a garbage tank with no redeeming features.

Just got to the Pershing from the T20, was saving up free XP so I got it decked out and such, but it's not really clicking for me. I was doing better in the T20, just because it actually had the mobility to make use of the horribly low DPM gun.

Edit: I will say, I can not make money in those two tanks for the life of me. Even 2000+ damage wins with no gold shells nets me about 12000 credits at most with premium. Shooting more than a single APCR always takes me negative, I don't lose money like this is anything, not even my JP2 or Tiger 2 or anything, both of which have to cost a lot more per shot, yet the last couple JP2 games I won I made something like 20-25k credits.

Talking profit-wise, by the way.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Nov 18, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

So I sold the Panther last night because I'm tired of the sub-par nature of it and even though it's a pretty short grind to the Panther II and the E50 is apparently awesome, the Panther II is apparently just more of the same mediocrity. Thinking about picking back up on the Black Prince and getting the Caernarvon, has the replacement of the top turret made it any better or worse for wear?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Hellsau posted:

The Panther was unexciting and boring to play, but the Panther 2 was just bad. It is straight up a Tiger at tier 8, complete with terrible armor and easily damaged ammo rack and engine, while facing down tier 10s. I barely made it through by just doing doubles in strongholds.

The Black Prince may or may not have its innate winrate modifier, but it got nerfed HARD. The thing is just insanely easy to pen now, and it doesn't even have its great turret anymore. I have no idea why they nerfed that thing into the ground.

I mean it's been sitting in my garage for awhile, might as well start grinding through it. Was really just wondering if the Caernarvon was worth going through the BP or not, especially now that it has a new turret.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

So I'm actually just recently getting back into the game, "rampage mode" seems to be something introduced while I was gone. What the hell is it?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Got the heavy and medium final missions for the first personal mission set done with honors on the first try, but this TD mission is really loving me over. I literally need to get 6 hits with my JP2 and a single kill, but arty is making that poo poo nigh impossible.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Any word on when they're going to release it on NA?

Probably the thanksgiving event, considering the tank silhouette for "setting the table for a guest" is a Sherman.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

For the VK3002D I'm guessing for the most part you fire APCR out of the short 88? I always liked the way the Indien Panzer looked and heard it was a decent medium, but I was always told that the VK 3002D was a bad grind to get to it and it was basically a VK3001D placed a tier higher.

Edit: Huh, I wonder what they're doing with the German T-25.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

One shot left until final TD mission finished with honors, have the side of an IS-3 lined up with APCR, click and the gun fires but the round never leaves the barrel as I get shot a millisecond after firing. By some medium tank halfway across the map that my teammates are letting peak and fire uninterrupted, mind you.

gently caress off, WoT.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 21, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

I wonder if the fat lawyer I made angry is still telling people they're poor peasants and that he has 4 houses and he could sue and destroy them or whatever, apparently he did that a lot.

Lol, I re-found it.

Guess I didn't remember it right. It wasn't 4 houses, it was 3 houses (one in Japan) and a law firm.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

McGavin posted:

Wow, no posts in almost 24 hours. RIP this lovely game and thread.

I didn't want to double post, but I'm looking for a working XVM config that shows the icon for a disappeared enemy tank on the minimap. Mine only shows the tank's name for some dumb reason and I can't seem to get it working again.

I believe Aslain's does that and is working for 9.12