Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I have got to say, the wtf-100 is hot garbage when played by the normal player base I've seen in them lately. I watched one get absolutely executed just a minute ago. Two shots from me in the cc-1 mk2 totaling 600 damage and kill and 1086 damage from our jp100. All was ap shells. The thing stopped be a threat instantly.

I think the big changes that has made it so weak is really just like, 3 things really.
1) Just more t10s and some with high explosives gimmicks
2) Speaking of high explosives, the change to intuition allowing for rapid switch of shell type really allows people to swap in their heavy ordinance for it
3) general spotting. The thing was never great with camo anyway, but with high camo tracks tanks like the t100 lt and the even 90, it gets spotted easily. And that doesn't even get into the wheelies just running rapidly around the field spotting it with abandon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

SpannerX posted:

Circon is streaming again! He's working on the Italian TDs.

He is posting on youtube again as well!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Where did the xp or blueprints come from? That isn't a lot of battles at t1 for it.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Don't know the code, but circon has a video saying he is up for grabs as well.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Doesn't the arl get the 105mm fun gun? Assuming console has the same high credits for gold shells that 105mm gun with gold is amazing. That gun also works well on the tier 7 heavy as well.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I will never forget the day I got messaged after a game in the at-7 with someone calling me a hacker. Because literally noone experiences a stock gun at-7. I was such a person because nothing carried over from the churchgc back then.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I never liked the indien, but that was before the leo line buff. The pta I played a little before and then a lot after. And oh man can you really clown people in that tank. More importantly, the clowning happens without you realizing it.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I look forward to the clownining :getin:

Game from 3 years ago. This was already after the leopard line buff. I legit didn't realize I hit right under 5k until the end. It just casually walks 3k damage. Also, You can see I forgot about the shell velocity as even a slight lead on the enemy leo1 made me miss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaWdGuxbWJw

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

sushibandit posted:

Got a survey popup ingame the other day where if memory serves there were actually two different questions regarding cross-tier matching, both of which I naturally answered with "+2 is poo poo, stop it". One can hope.

They could even lower MM in general to +1-1 and just give "preferential matchmaking" vehicles a 0-1 spread instead, where they never see higher tiers at all.

Or just.. not be prefmm special tanks anymore as they are +1/-2 already.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The somua is what the 50 100 wished it was

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

TracerM17 posted:

I used it mostly as a way to yell at my computer screen as only 1 of my shells in a drum connected before I had to go on another 35 second reload.

This was my experience as well. Along with the feeling my team got punished since it does take a heavy slot. Couple with its size being able to easily catch arty shells. And then the lack of armor allowing those easily caught arty shells be full pens. Gritted through the 50 100 to unlock the 50 120, then sold it and placed the crew in the somua sm. That line is full of rear end and needs a balance review.

Also, this describes my experience of the lorraine 40t when it was in the medium tech tree line as well. That thing is too big for medium stuff. Especially for it's size. It is literally the same size as a 50 100 and equally equipped.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I thought I had heard the turtle was decent. Perhaps not ts5 decent, but fairly solid.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Just for the benefit of anyone eyeing it: it's not really worth it. They buffed it some time ago so it's not tragic anymore, but it's clearly a relic from a time long past. As a collector's item, sure.

They are also selling the Skoda T56 which is busted, and also the Object 703vII which is a ton of fun and IMO possibly even better than the T56. The T56 has the ability to clip out a motherfucker in 3,5 seconds, but the Object can do doubles and has better gun handling and good armour. And also the GSOR, which is amazing if you're willing to spam gold. It has insanely good shell velocity and good accuracy (albeit with the strongly suspected British thing of shells tending to land closer to the edge of the aiming reticle) and trollish armour.

Ehhh, All three are decent tanks. Personally, I'd put the t56 ahead of the obj703v2 though. Also, if one was to purchase either of these tanks for secondary crew training in mind, the t56 is you better choice. The obj703v2 does indeed work on the st-ii line, but in reality, that line isn't really all that great. Meanwhile, the vz55 is one you'll see in nearly every t10 match which the t56 perfectly trains for. The gsor just needs its own crew to operate, but it is a comedy td since there really isn't any turreted autoloader tds in the game anymore.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

sauer kraut posted:

Ho boy this new tier 8 meta of large clumps of impenetrable hulldown BZs, Viperas and SuperPattons (joined by older T56s and AMBT) slowly grinding each other down sure is fun.

Vipera roof is like 20mm thick. And it angles down into frontal shots. The tree t8 is far and away more scarier.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The website mentions no bonuses other than taking your gold away at the end of the event.

Which does seem odd as gold is real cash basically.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Got the thing. Now to never use it.

That is the rental though.. need to rol some more for the permanent.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

"Ghost shells don't exist."

It wasn't ghost shells. Watch the hit indicator. He was either bouncing the plate or damaging a t1 heavy that the td drove behind.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Welp, test server is live with the new rocket tank line. Of note in the article, they mention a choice of an 85 or 100mm gun for the tier 7 and then forget to mention the gun for all the following tiers. Tanks.gg has the answer to why. The stock is also the top gun. There is no gun option available from t8 to t10.

At t8, you'll be fielding a 122mm gun. At t9, it'll be a 130mm gun. Meanwhile at t10, it'll be a 152mm gun. This is sounding like a very new player friendly tank line since for the first time in tanks history, you don't have to swim in the dumpster of stock and intermediary guns to get the functional top gun.

Tanks.gg links of new tanks from test server:
BZ-58 (t7):
https://tanks.gg/v11910ct/tank/bz-58

BZ-166 (t8):
https://tanks.gg/v11910ct/tank/bz-166

BZ-68 (t9):
https://tanks.gg/v11910ct/tank/bz-68

BZ-75 (t10):
https://tanks.gg/v11910ct/tank/bz-75

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

sushibandit posted:

Slow inaccurate BIGNUMBER gun, dumb strong hulldown armor on relatively low profile vehicles, movespeed gimmick, low research reqs. Yeah, it's a great line to cement new players into the cancerous hulldown meta. Thanks WG. Looks like the techtree vehicles at least have reasonably accessible cupolas to shoot at.

They also don't have the this-is-actually-dumb gold shell that the 176 does. Why exactly was a gold shell in a premium vehicle allowed to both have more pen AND deal substantially more damage? I'd have expected far more of a shitstorm from the community than I'm seeing over that.

Because the gold shell is a partial trick. The ap shell actually has slightly more pen. And by slightly, I mean a couple numbers difference making them effectively the same. What you lose on gold is that it is he. Which means no overmatch. So you need to keep ap around as well for overmatch moments. Such as the low brow roof the vipera has.

In a way, it is an experience of the special round changes proposed long ago. Except the shell costs are reversed. The cheap ap "high" pen low alpha shell or the expensive "lower" pen high alpha shell.

I know skill has complained a little about the bz176 and the minotauro. But, he has recently been complaining about the lopsided fast games of late as well.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

i played more of the school bus than the S-51 cause IIRC the S-51 doesn't hold a lot of ammo and that was always an issue when the game went the full time. so many times playing the russian arty line would it be like me and one light tank left vs a heavy with half health and I'm out of ammo

I went school bus as well, but not because of ammo reasons, that never seemed to be the issue. It was the gun traverse arcs. Both have garbage tier bloom when the hull ever twitched. But the school bus had a wider gun arc over the s51. Traded for speed, but worth it.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

the SU-5 is the one that would run out of ammo constantly but there were others in the line too that weren't great about it either. the 261 only held like 16 rounds, again IIRC, back in the day and you could be done with that in the Orbital Laser in around half the match if you were aggressive

Probably, though I remember the su-5's ammo shortness very well. Thanks for bringing that scar back. I honestly never liked the russian line. The one thing they had to everyone else back in the day was they got the 203mm guns a couple tiers earlier than everyone else (that being just the us and germany back then). But outside that fun fact, their handling was absolutely terrible on hull traverse which happened all the drat time because of their narrow arc. Even now, the 261 suffers the same problem. And when talking of handling, I don't mean just the bloom, but also the aim time to straighten the drat thing back out after your treads made opposing move by 1/8th of an inch.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Ensk past t6 should also not be a thing.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What, don't you love both teams being able to see into each other's caps immediately at the start of the game and slower tanks getting shot to poo poo before they can even drive out? WEIRD

But yeah I agree, the map is a travesty for anyone who isn't a brawling heavy tank. It feels like the WG map design philosophy isn't "let's try to make maps where all classes can do useful things" but more like "every map is a loving disaster for everyone except one or two tank types, and the type just changes from map to map".

The comedy is the story of providence. That map also had full tier at its release. But that same vision ended up within a month getting it kneecapped to tier4 max. Meanwhile, ensk is one of the og maps. It has been in the game since I started playing in closed beta. But is still full range. Vision is even worse now with the ebrs too.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

New T2-themed Battle Pass event coming with possibly the WORST VOICE ACTORS EVER: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2023/01/02/wot-battle-pass-judgment-day-teaser-video/

I mean, Robert Patrick *cannot* be that expensive to book for VO work. I'm pretty sure you could get Edward Furlong to do it for a case of beer and some weed nowadays.

Pretty badass T32 skin, though.

Sooo.. are those ae phase 1 and m5y skins going to be available as well?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

sauer kraut posted:

I like my TM a lot, but it has limitations all around so you have to play it real carefully.
But yeah the gun is fantastic, so :shrug: there is not much to compare it to.
Maybe a Centurion 7/1 with the commander, driver and loader permanently capped at 75% base skill? And 300 pen HEAT.

He already bought it, but for a comparison tank, it is a stg/guard, but with better gun depression thanks to the turret being mid mounted. I do think it has a slower reload to the stg/guard, but gameplay isn't far off from it even with that alteration. Just, you can fight on hill unlike the stg/guard.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hope you didn't spend all your christmas gold on that t32 clone:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/assembly-shop-2023/

A leo1 with terrible guns stabilization, but otherwise the same gun as on the leo 1. The other difference is that it has a 3 shell reverse autoloader and then a 4th shell with a 20s reload time. This is going to be a comedic tank to meet on the battlefield by those that can't figure that out or place themselves in locations where they have to dump all 4 shells in a bid to try and survive. This will cost 55k gold straight up without anything else. Just like the previous assembly shop though, you'll be able to spend other bits and bobs as well.

In other news, wargaming's technical difficulties with the new equipment bits is still on hiatus. And they've decided that technical difficulties isn't the only problem. But claim it also needs a rebalance before they enable it again. If you missed out, well I'm sorry but you'll have to face those that did get them until such time as wargaming gets back to rebalancing them. Note that as of right now, the max anyone could show up with is one equipment at level 2 and no other equipment in the stores because of melting. I believe that was the calculus. So it is either a couple of tanks with a bank of all 3 at base level 1, or maybe someone that melted out and got one remaining equipment to level 2. Because they may have gotten one daily done before it was all shut off.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/experimental-equipment-update1/

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Khablam posted:

Wargaming are quite brilliant at making you believe the gold you paid 100's of bucks for is simultaneously worth nothing, and is also the reason why their loot boxes are "good value actually".

It's quite incredible to witness.

It's a $200 tank if you're buying it with gold lmao

Converting to FXP using gold is cheaper than using gold raw even if you use the default gold conversion.

Also, NA hasn't dropped their lion assembly shop yet as a heads up. Timer is marked for 8pm est.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I will say that I expect a lot of comedy videos of bad lion players to come. That 4th shell is going to trap a lot of pubbies.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Sayara posted:

So something pretty huge has been found out about some old mechanic, that the reticle is like 1.71x bigger than it's supposed to be. So getting the mod to fix it will make you feel tons more accurate, and even skill4ltu started using and liking it, even if he doesn't use other than MoE mod. Grab it here: https://wgmods.net/6349

It has something to do with a patch in 2015 when they hosed around with reticle size, and this fixes it.

Skill today did a video about it btw. I just realized I had mentioned it in the discord chats but not here. For those that saw it but curious on it more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Haor8dUyWx0

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Armored patrol is showing two different listings for the next bid. And it might be the last two up for grabs just with differences on whichever is chosen.

On the CN server, the new bid is the k-91-2 for bonds.

On the asia server, it is the deathstar.

K-91-2 is this guy:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2022/05/21/supertest-k-91-2-changed-stats/

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The last auction tank is the T-54 Heavy, kind of like a T9 Renegade except worse in drat near every way. For gold. Skill says it's better than the WZ-114 but makes the Strv-K look like the best tank in the game. Provisional rating 2/5 on the index.

Really, the big selling point is that gun depression. Which I guess wargaming decided to nerf every stat to garbage to validate it...

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I believe he meant in this t9 renegade. Probably will too. Just because of some weird collector fever with american tanks...

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

RoboJoe: they're selling the IS-2 at the moment, which has a crew that has Brothers in Arms as a "Zero Perk" skill. That means the second skill trains as if it were the first.

It's effectively paying $24 to get a premium tech tree T7, but the most valuable aspect of it is the BiA crew. There are a few other tanks that have those from the "Berlin Quartet" and they usually sell for ~:20bux: each time they put them out: The Cromwell B (UK-MT), ISU-122 (RU-TD), the M4A3E8 Thunderbolt VII (US-MT), and finally, the one you should really look out for, the T-34-85 "Rudy," which is a basic T-34-85, but with the radio operator (which aren't part of the crew in higher-tier Russian mediums) switched out for a dog (it barks when your Sixth Sense goes off). The extra bonus with the Rudy is that it's the only premium tank (thus far) that can be switched between Russian and *Polish* crews. You have to doubly-equip the tank in each config, but the Rudy's probably one of the best "bargains" in WoT.

The dog no longer barks for sixth sense. Hasn't for a few years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The odd duckling of sniping is the stg/guard. Soviet 122mm gun on a medium chassis that somehow isn't a blunderbus.