Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Steam - Yanke Charlie
Wii U - El_Gustazo

Wonderfull 101 is loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hekk can you change the games i play to "Gayest indie game connoisseur on GiP"?

tia

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Spicy Guacamole posted:

I just beat Peace Walker the other day, can confirm it's rad as poo poo, even with fuckin' Kojima's whacked-out storylines.

I can't imagine playing any of them on a handheld, though. That must suck.

To be honest Kojima whacked-out storylines is a big reason why i enjoy MGS games. Without it we would not have gotten MGS Revengance and that is a legit good game on its own.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Song owns, gently caress anyone that hates this.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

gtav on pc is coming on 3/24

Cant wait for this, also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj3hGDaDZqI

I barely play anymore and this video got my giddy as gently caress.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

if you want to play an mmo it's pretty much the only good one these days

the original ffxiv was basically square enix jerking off about everquest again (like ffxi) and then everyone quit and went back to ffxi. Then the tsunami happened in japan and they took the game down for 3 months, and came back and no one gave a poo poo.

then square enix fired the director, gave the new director a year to fix it, and shockingly enough he did. they redid the entire world, combat, classes, everything and made it really good.

plus it has so many stupid nice things about it, like having every class on one character. Want to switch classes? Just switch weapons, and boom, all set. No need for alts at all.

it looks really nice, plays nice on PC and on PS4, plays awesome with a controller, and the team puts out an insane fuckload of content for the game.

i mean all MMOs are horrible, but ffxiv is basically the only one worth playing. i just wish PVP was better in it.

I also formed a linkshell for all mil dudes, but i almost never log in anymore so LOL

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

i threw in 10 bucks to a kickstarter game in 2013 and still haven't gotten it.

i cant imagine dudes who throw down hundreds of dollars on hopes and dreams in video game format

A lot of peole are just burned out on kickstarters because there are a lot of games that never delivered or have yet to deliver. I mean kickstarter is a good premise:
1) Have a good/unique idea for a game and present it to the world
2) People give money to the above
3) Game making dude has money to make game and money giving dude gets game

What usually happens is:
1) Have a good/unique idea for a game and present it to the world
2) People give money to the above
3) Game making dude is overwhelmed with money, overwhelmed with the ammount of money/effort/time it takes to make a game, feature creep, et al
4) Money giving dude reaction is mixed, some dont care, others flip their poo poo if the game isnt delivered after a few weeks/months/year, others will forever bitch and moan
5) money may or may not be refunded
6) GOTO 1

Shadowrun hong kong kickstarter doing 287k is mostly because they delivered on one kickstarted game so people trust them.

I have never backed a kickstarter but i have bought a lot of pre-alpha games, if they ship they dhip and if they dont then they dont. Joys of expendable income I guess.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mike-o posted:

needs more pot mannley

4:20 long and features Edwin "Buzz" "I went to the motherfucking moon" Aldrin punching that loving conspiracy theory douche while the words "GLORIOUS SPACEFARING MASTER RACE" and explosions happen.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Just an FYI gamecube controllers are so good that Nintendo made a dongle you can connect to your Wii U and plug gamecube controllers.

You can have 8 gamecube controllers to that console and play 8 players smash bros.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Tearsaslube posted:

I'm so loving pumped to own a video game again. Anyone play company of heroes? Anyone chemically castrate themselves and nerd out on some mmo's? Cause i'm ready to corner markets, break games, and make children cry

Theres that space mmo that actually uses real money to buy fictional space ships (not eve). Anyone down to ride my tail? And play this fictional bideo game?

(Im soliciting gay sex)

FFXIV will work for you as its the gayest and best mmo in the market.

Or star citizen if you are just in to be used.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Two Finger posted:

that's actually the moral of the game i'm pretty sure
you get intel towards the end where they're instructed to be as welcoming as possible towards browns

and delta just rocks in and smashes everything in their path

The CIA infiltrated dubai and decided to incite the locals to kill and destroy the troops in order to bury the truth. So "The browns did nothing wrong" is also right.

So the moral of the story is that we are all bastards, but the CIA are double bastards.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

:getin:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I heard all this poo poo about Elite Dangerous too and that game is unfinished and boring as gently caress.

Homeworld is a complete RTS game that just being remade into a higher resolution for cool space dads. Also is two games being sold as one for a cheapish price.

ED is an incomplete space trucker game that is being slowly made but its feature complete for boring space dads. Also is one game being sold at full price.

Edit: The worst is that Cataclysm is not getting an HD remaking :smith:

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 27, 2015

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

37 minutes of Homeworld remastered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtqy0CGur4

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Carteret posted:

I manage a bookstore.

Hope is gay erotica about space docking :gay:

Edit:
http://i.imgur.com/Sx7KVzG.gif
http://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/Sx7KVzG.gif&v=4s2-8Q96rK4

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 15, 2015

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

hoo give a gently caress bout the order, peep this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROOgLD-wtU

:dong:

an fps space hulk game? also none of the trailers contain spoken litanies for the emperor?

also if you are moving faster than a brisk walk this game is gonna be ruined for me. :colbert:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Yo fuckers can you recommend me some gaming mechanical keyboard and mice?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

well i pulled myself out from my infinifactory binge to say.

its pretty good.

ok bye

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Well my new keyboard and mouse are here and its delightful to have a heavy rear end keyboard (steerseries 6GV2) and a mouse with an actual functioning scroll-wheel and mouse 3 button (Logitech GS700S).

Maybe i'l be able to switch to KB+M in FFXIV.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Homeworld chat: in the ghost ship mission, don't even bother sending your own frigates or destroyers against the enemy, they'll just get smoked. Build assloads of bombers and poo poo, use them to lure away the ghost ship's screen of frigates, then loop back around and pound the poo poo out of it with your strike craft until it's disabled. Disabling the ghost ship gives you control of every enemy ship not destroyed. If you don't kill any of the other ships, you get all those frigates plus the missile destroyer. Having 50 frigates and capitals is metal as gently caress. :black101:

look at this scrub not using loving salvage corvettes like true a true hiigaran, :frogout:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Sept 1st for consoles

2 weeks later for PC

gently caress

I cant wait to kill more nazis

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I'm gonna make so many pink things

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Booblord Zagats posted:

No anime in GiP

Someone is getting an anime love pillow next secret Santa~!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

drat it Phantom Pain just get here already so I can start petting a wolf dog.

Fixed

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i told roscoe you said this

he said you're dead to him

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

holocaust bloopers posted:

I really like holocaust bloopers please don't

Even as idiotic as I am I know MGS is actually a good game hth.

20 minutes of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood footage
Edit: LOL infinite health

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 9, 2015

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

God drat it sell it for PC too so I can get a dorky nerd cred arm. :(

This, so I can do the V sign the American and the British way.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Anyone who thinks kickstarter and patreon are investments are fools. You are giving money to some guys with (what you think) is a decent or a fun idea for a game in hopes that one day the complete game comes out. But this is mostly in the range of 10-20 dollars, anything under 100 dollars is foolish, anything over 100 dollars is moronic as gently caress and anything over 4 figures should be hanged because anyone that has that kind of money should actually invest the money in venture capital instead of pipe dreams.

In other news VA-11-HALL-A released its PAX East demo, the new interface is good, the new drink recipe guide index is good and the (sadly) single client in the game was also good. They are building the cyberpunk atmosphere of the game really good.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Larry Parrish posted:

Hotline Miami 2 is extremely good, and I am happy with my pre-purchase.

Listen to this dude

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Differences between Hotline Miami 1 & 2

1) You have more characters in 2, and they all have different playstyles.
2) Game play mechanics are the same, but they switch up things with the above.
3) One of the characters can do a non-lethal runs of the levels, he can't use blades and will disarm any weapons you pick-up for bonus points. You only need to punch people twice when they are down to knock them down, then press right mouse to disengage. You can kill them if you punch them 3 times and you can punch them unlimited times. And after a certain amount he will take off his jacket, will start using bladed weapons, guns and be less hesitant about killing everyone. :stare:
4) Story likes to jump around a lot, but has been more coherent than 1 so far.
5) Music is bitching but not as good as 1.
6) The VHS overlay they do is loving rad.

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 13, 2015

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The best thing is that they programmed the character that if you want to kill someone you need to click four times. The first two you will punch the dude and knock him out, on the third click he will very visibly hesitate, on the fourth click he will finally kill the guy sending out a bit of blood and gore. Each subsequent hit will be faster and send out even more gore and blood out. And when he first kills someone the screen will take a reddish tone. This loving game :allears:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Booblord Zagats posted:

I've been feeling a lot of self-loathing since a few friends of mine from high school have got me playing FF XIV, which surprisingly is really a great game that isn't a Jap grindfest

I really need to start playing this game again. But im mostly going to say gently caress it and use macros again with my xbox controller.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

did anyone here buy bf hardline

kinda want to, but GTA V will fill my coppers and robbers niche really nicely.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Bolow posted:

It sounds like a food processor when you execute someone on the ground. The murderous ice climbers are by far my favorite character to play

The writer is the best cuz its fun to do no-kill runs.

Also i like the message of hotline miami 2 is that sequels, obsessive people and imitators will ruin franchises.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

UoI posted:

How much does FF XIV feel like XI? Is the leveling system identical as in going to a new zone and needing a party every ten levels? I seriously have FF XI nostalgia now. :smith:

Its completely different in a better way, leveling up is easier but end game stuff is still bullshit thought.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So Bloodborne is steampunk Dark Souls?

bloodborne is steampunk dark souls is 3d grimdark zelda is 64-bit 34 adventure for atari

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

plz spell bloodborne as bloodbone from now on thank you for your cooperation

this bloodboner is getting to my head.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Shadowrun: Dragonfall also has a dog you can pet. You can also tell him to play dead, but he doesnt know that trick!

Once he is playable he gets doggie treats as items :3:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

holocaust bloopers posted:

MGS V better push the envelope on next gen dogge.

I will gleefully field an away team of dogges only.
Then stop playing the game once i find out a team of dogges is not effective.
because they all die :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

this is very apropos considering the movie it comes from.

• Locked thread